PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Can I upgrade I140 processing my own

Hkumar
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Gurus,
My company is not responding to my request to upgrade I140 which is struck in Nebraska center since Oct 2006. I badly need I140 approval for multiple reasons(To apply for my H1 extension, To apply 485(Company's policy even though it is not needed) ) . Can someone suggest me my options here.
Thanks in advance..

venky08
06-22-2007, 02:13 PM
i am exactly in the same situation...can anybody help???

desi3933
06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
i am exactly in the same situation...can anybody help???

I-140 is filed by employer. Only employer can request PP.

Not a legal advice.

InTheMoment
06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Please do your own simple research before opening new threads.

May the beneficiary of a visa petition seek Premium Processing Service?

No, except in cases where the petition is eligible to be filed as a self-petition (i.e., the petitioner and the beneficiary are the same). Otherwise, only the visa petitioner, or the attorney or representative who has filed a notice of appearance (Form G-28) on behalf of the visa petitioner, may request Premium Processing Service for designated visa petition adjudications. The petitioner, attorney or representative, or beneficiary may pay the $1,000 Premium Processing fee, but the beneficiary cannot sign or file the Form I-907.

http://www.uscis.gov/I-907
See How do I link on the right.

glus
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
If you ask the attorney who sent the application, and if you pay him the $1000 + whatever he wants, it can be done. In general, upgrade to PP must be requested by the same attorney who filed I140. You don't even have to speak to your employer about that if the attorney is yours. Then, go to your attorney and ask him to upgrade. This, by the way, is CLEARLY explained in the application for premium processing request.

G

Gurus,
My company is not responding to my request to upgrade I140 which is struck in Nebraska center since Oct 2006. I badly need I140 approval for multiple reasons(To apply for my H1 extension, To apply 485(Company's policy even though it is not needed) ) . Can someone suggest me my options here.
Thanks in advance..