PDA

View Full Version : EB3 (I) fights EB2 (I)..end result will not help either.. while EB1 (I) smiles

seekerofpeace
09-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Folks,
I am really amazed to see the verbal war of words between these two artificially created groups aka the lines of "Divide and Rule" policy by the erstwhile masters of our country...

I can understand the feelings but the profanity and the language used won't lead us anywhere.

Frustration is the only common thing among the EBI applicants...some more some less...

I know of a lot of EB2s like me who came to this country for higher studies more than a decade back and got delayed in filing for their residency and had to suffer...While many who came with a job here and filed using EB3 then, have their parents as residents now....

Why is there no anger towards the many L1 managers who get residency through EB1.without much educational qualifications and forget about national interest waiver...I know a few, who came in 2006 and are residents within a year or so....

I also saw many of my friends through unfair labor substitutions got ahead of me unfairly and are now citizens...

Bottomline is people won't apply in a particular category unless they think it is best in their interests...In this economy most companies are tightening their purse.....it is a common fact that 90% of EB I applicants are software engineers.the demand of which will wane over the years in the immediate future and next generation technology demand will increase aka green and biotech....and much water has flowed in Mississipi since the days of Y2K when even people with fraud degrees and vague backgrounds came here and flourished......

The infighting reminds me of the crab story in which of all the baskets of various sea animals/fishes in a fish market the only basket whose lid was open was one with crabs...a buyer when enquired the uniqueness of that crab basket was promptly told by the seller that in this basket if any crab wants to go out and be free all the other crabs will join and pull it back to the basket so I don't have to worry.......

Let's not be these crabs....I am sure there exists common grounds in IV otherwise if this continues I am sure there will be a vertical split in IV...between EB2 and EBI..and ROW will laugh at us.........

SoP

Leo07
09-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Let's not fool ourselves with these petty differences.

Cheers!

mmk123
09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
There is NO Eb1/Eb2/Eb3 divide for our cause... the issue is unfair country based quota for highly skilled immigrants. I have many friends who are rotting in EB3 even though they qualify for EB2 (due to company policies).. one of Ivy League PhD graduates I know is rotting in EB2 (C).. so these are thin lines..

Only solution is to convince lawmakers about our genuine issues using correct, democratic, non fear-mongering ways.

Healthcare debate is a good indicator of what is coming next... fasten your seat belts and be ready!

one more thing i want to add: let's not worry about ppl using wrong ways to get this GC, they will fail in long run or get caught somewhere else. They will have to pay for this during their lifetime only. And BTW, this also includes L1 managers. Our lives is not only GC, it is much more than that. Easier said than done.. but that's how we convince ourselves.

thomachan72
09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I appreciate the original post. I also request the moderators to come up IMMEDIATELY with strict rules and regulations for posting on this website. Posts that go against the principles that IV stands for should be IMMEDIATELY deleted. We dont need such posts here. This is not about EB3 or EB2. Given that the backlog for EB3 is bigger than EB2 we are seeing great deal of frustration among our folks but we have to approach this issue carefully. The question is, have we specifically aimed at getting anything for any spefic catagory? the answer is NO. I believe most of the administrators including pappu and previous guys were EB3. whether a person applies in EB3 or EB2 depends entirely on the job specifications and not the qualifications also since lot of the software jobs currently fall under specifications for EB3 we are seeing lot more applicants in EB3. I however believe that once we get through the next couple of years there is certainly going to be a faster movement in all catagories. Meanwhile we have to stand united and not allow FALSE prophets to post hate on this site. The poster you are refering to is CLEARLY A COMPLETE FRAUD. look at his/her language and how many of our members have you ever noticed to use such language. Even our most angry members never use such words so ELOQUENTLY!!! He/she is apparently a person who has lost a job and is angry about immigration as a whole and takes pride in posting such material on immigration related websites. So our members should immediately take notice of such posts and either ignore them or report them to the moderators.

simple1
09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Let's not fool ourselves with these petty differences.

Cheers!

Healthcare debate is a good indicator of what is coming next... fasten your seat belts and be ready!

I agree, health care reform discussion is a good indicator of the intensity of CIR discussion. We need to be ready.

Ennada
09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
EB2 and EB3 at one point were in the same boat. Now that EB2 is advancing and is way ahead of EB3, the EB3 applicants are upset and angry. Their anger is very much justified. However, their anger should not be directed towards EB2 applicants.

As I pointed out in another post, we are all players here and we are all playing by the rules. The system is not fair. Anger should be directed towards the system and not towards EB2s.

"hate the game, don't hate the playa....Chris Rock" is appropriate here.

Most of the EB2s, if not all, are supportive of reform and are supportive towards EB3 friends. The anger may lead to the disruption of this support.

We are all in this together. We all need to stay together.

immigrant2007
09-13-2009, 01:30 PM
EB2 and EB3 at one point were in the same boat. Now that EB2 is advancing and is way ahead of EB3, the EB3 applicants are upset and angry. Their anger is very much justified. However, their anger should not be directed towards EB2 applicants.

As I pointed out in another post, we are all players here and we are all playing by the rules. The system is not fair. Anger should be directed towards the system and not towards EB2s.

Most of the EB2s, if not all, are supportive of reform and are supportive towards EB3 friends. The anger may lead to the disruption of this support.

I agree and plead to everyone (I really beg to everyone of you please do not fight) lets support each other. Someone is going to get GC earlier than others. Lets not feel bad about it. And I request everyone in EB2 and EB1 to support all backlogs victims.

immi_seeker
09-13-2009, 01:46 PM

Agree. Problem has been with some folks saying the spill over distribution should be changed. But nobody is sure whether it will help EB3I because on a vertical roll over scenario, the spill over will only help EB3 ROW as they have huge backlog too. So attitude seems to be, we are in this boat, so why not we make sure you guys will also be in same boat eventhough the change doesnt help us. And thats where the problem lies

pkv
09-13-2009, 02:17 PM
What is this fight all about ??? eb3-->eb2 ... or spillover??? changing any/both of them will not solve underlying problem.. Grow up people

why not go for real problem??? if you want to ask congress/administration, ask for some real solutions which will help everyone. To name a few...
1. Capture lost Visa numbers
2. Get rid of country quota.. how does this country based quota makes sense in EB Category??

immi_seeker
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
What is this fight all about ??? eb3-->eb2 ... or spillover??? changing any/both of them will not solve underlying problem.. Grow up people

why not go for real problem??? if you want to ask congress/administration, ask for some real solutions which will help everyone. To name a few...
1. Capture lost Visa numbers
2. Get rid of country quota.. how does this country based quota makes sense in EB Category??

Totally agree with this. Eventhough i dont agree with i_got_skillz language, what he has been trying to say is the same thing. This spill over stuff will only help EB3 ROW as they have huge backlog. This EB3I talk abt spill over stuff will not only help them but will also bring EB2I in to the same boat(infact Eb2I is also in bad shape with or without spill over).

sujijag
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Common guys we need to make some thing better for EB3 folks.

good idea
09-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Common guys we need to make some thing better for EB3 folks.
I can feel optimism in your message but the reality is only (better) change (from candidate prospective) in rules can make things better...