PDA

View Full Version : Advance Parole vs H1b travel

miguy
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
If you have a valid H1b, do you still need an Advance Parole to travel outside the country?......I have lotsa family in Canada and was wondering if I would still be able to cross the border frequently (weekly) to meet them after I file for I-485?.....Do you use the Advance Parole mainly on EAD or even on H1b?

Thanks for your help.

small2006
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
You can use your H1B as long as it is valid. For Ex. You would get a visitor visa to Canada and on the way back use your H1B at the port of entry instead of AP. You have the option of using both. If you use AP, then once you enter the US you will be on your EAD and not H1B. However, this does not void your H1B. You can still use your H1B for reentry the next time around provided it is still valid. It all boils down to what you use when you reenter the country AP/H1B and that will determine your status in the US. In short the answer to your question is YES.

voldemar
06-25-2007, 11:32 AM
If you use AP, then once you enter the US you will be on your EAD and not H1B.That's not true. You can continue to work with sponsoring employer on H1 without EAD. Entering on AP does not invalidate H1.