PDA

View Full Version : EB2 India - Sep 09 APPROVALS - WHAT WORKED??

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Dear Friends,
If you are greened since Sept 1 - please vote and let all rest of our community know what worked for you or what did you do "special" to revive your case and get the much awaited approval this September.

This will give idea to other members to use the means to do the same and get the peace of mind you are experiencing.

PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU ARE EB2 INDIA APPROVED SINCE 1ST ONLY.

Thanks,

sdrblr
09-15-2009, 12:20 AM
where is the poll at?

We were approved on 9/2.
Had opened an SR on 8/25 and had sent an email to TSC streamline on 9/1

vikki76
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
There seems to be no pattern among recent approval rate-My coworker didn't get any update from USCIS- he directly got his physical GC on 4th Sept.
We are still waiting, tried InfoPass, Raised SR, Contacted Senator etc.etc. I am willing to go to Lincoln,NE if that is what it will take to get GC:D

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM
where is the poll at?

We were approved on 9/2.

Poll is NOW live - if you have used "OTHER MEANS" let us know by writing on this thread. Thanks so much!

kviswanathan
09-15-2009, 12:27 AM
My lawyer put in a SR on Sept 1. On Sept 11 i recd. the email saying that i was approved. My situation was similar to yours. Same company for 8 years, no RFE - infact no updates on my online status since Sept 2007 when it was first updated to reflect the fact that the application was recd at NSC. So i am assuming that SR triggered review of the application but with USCIS who knows.

Hopefully you will get your approval soon if my case is any indicator (admitted the sample size = 1)

Good luck,
Krishnan

details:
PD : April 2004
July 2nd Filer
I-485 approved : 9/11/09
CPO : 9/11/09

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:28 AM
where is the poll at?

We were approved on 9/2.

@sdr..can you please let us know did you mention in that email or what is "TSC Streamline" email.. Does NSC has something like that?

Thanks,

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:33 AM
There seems to be no pattern among recent approval rate-My coworker didn't get any update from USCIS- he directly got his physical GC on 4th Sept.
We are still waiting, tried InfoPass, Raised SR, Contacted Senator etc.etc. I am willing to go to Lincoln,NE if that is what it will take to get GC:D

LOL - let me know when you book your flights to Lincoln - I will be there with you ..whatever it takes buddy - whatever it takes :)

do you think some sort of campaign would work in this case? may be this is TOO EARLY to think about this but that's what happened last year - we waited for 2 months and got NADA !!! Hope it doesn't happen this year.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:38 AM
My lawyer put in a SR on Sept 1. On Sept 11 i recd. the email saying that i was approved. My situation was similar to yours. Same company for 8 years, no RFE - infact no updates on my online status since Sept 2007 when it was first updated to reflect the fact that the application was recd at NSC. So i am assuming that SR triggered review of the application but with USCIS who knows.

Hopefully you will get your approval soon if my case is any indicator (admitted the sample size = 1)

Good luck,
Krishnan

details:
PD : April 2004
July 2nd Filer
I-485 approved : 9/11/09
CPO : 9/11/09

I have now 2 SRs one was opened on 9/4 (for myself - primary applicant) and one on 9/11 my wife - she got reply today like 1 working day after - which is surprising - that " her case is with the officer and getting reviewed - I guess the standard reply.

I hope the SAMPLE OF SIZE of 1 works for everybody. Thanks for voting!

gc12292004
09-15-2009, 12:45 AM
where is the poll at?

We were approved on 9/2.

What is this email to TSC streamline ? How send email to TSC?

seekerofpeace
09-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Why was there not a choice for luck or fate.........

SDRBLR,
How did you send an email to TSC streamline? My case is at TSC and we are half done...primary approved and dependent pending...told biometrics issue by lawyer thru AILA but as far as these forums go biometrics don't hold an approval otherwise I won't have been approved. i guess we carry the curse of transfered cases...mine was TSC-CSC-TSC

Thanks,

SoP

sdrblr
09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I believe it was last year(not sure exactly) when USCIS started this new initiative where the AILA members can send an email and "Remind" them that a particular case is current. Basically you will send an email with the subject

EB I-485/SEPT or EB I-485/OCT or EB I-485/DEC (Month of the VB when you will be current)

and the body will have just the A #s

A123456789, A987654321

Note if you have multiple A#s (self, spouse etc) seperate it by comma.

send it to
streamline.tsc@dhs.gov OR streamline.nsc@dhs.gov

You will get an automated reply with in minutes

I not sure whether this works...but hey who cares all that you are doing is sending an email.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I believe it was last year(not sure exactly) when USCIS started this new initiative where the AILA members can send an email and "Remind" them that a particular case is current. Basically you will send an email with the subject

EB I-485/SEPT or EB I-485/OCT or EB I-485/DEC (Month of the VB when you will be current)

and the body will have just the A #s

A123456789, A987654321

Note if you have multiple A#s (self, spouse etc) seperate it by comma.

send it to
streamline.tsc@dhs.gov OR streamline.nsc@dhs.gov

You will get an automated reply with in minutes

I not sure whether this works...but hey who cares all that you are doing is sending an email.

OR the lawyer has to send this email...very trivial question but I did not get that from your post. Thanks for sending this along...I dont know if many of us knew. Thanks again.

sdrblr
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I sent it.

OR the lawyer has to send this email...very trivial question but I did not get that from your post. Thanks for sending this along...I dont know if many of us knew. Thanks again.

Pankaj
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Labor Immigration Law Texas Service Introduces Streamline Procedure for I-485s and I-140s (http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/11/texas-service-introduces-streamline-procedure-for-i-485s-and-i-140s/)

email can be send by attorneys who are AILA members only.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Labor Immigration Law Texas Service Introduces Streamline Procedure for I-485s and I-140s (http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/11/texas-service-introduces-streamline-procedure-for-i-485s-and-i-140s/)

Thanks for the article Pankaj...
@sdr - any trouble when you sent it on your own? I guess is there a way to check if the incoming address is a "personal" email? these days - I am just getting skeptical about everything - what is happening to me ??? :)

sdrblr
09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
I sent it from my work email not yahoo or hotmail.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 05:07 PM
the local service center lady said - Assigned to an officer on 9/11 - now HOW MUCH OF A WAIT AFTER ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER? recent approvals folks - can you shed some light?

vxg
09-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Dear Friends,
If you are greened since Sept 1 - please vote and let all rest of our community know what worked for you or what did you do "special" to revive your case and get the much awaited approval this September.

This will give idea to other members to use the means to do the same and get the peace of mind you are experiencing.

PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU ARE EB2 INDIA APPROVED SINCE 1ST ONLY.

Thanks,

What really worked for is the following:
1. several calls to TSC and one IO in TSC initiated a request for case to be assigned to an IO.
2. The nicest IO i ever met at an INFOPASS at Memphis office. She is the one who really got it done for me as she spoke to TSC IO and insisted my case to be assigned. She also wrote email to TSC asking that case should be assigned as dates are current. There was a problem in Biometrics upload and she got is fixed too.
3. My congressman also called TSC but by the time the Memphis IOs email and call had me approved already.

vxg
09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
the local service center lady said - Assigned to an officer on 9/11 - now HOW MUCH OF A WAIT AFTER ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER? recent approvals folks - can you shed some light?

you should get it soon. Call the service center where your case is to check further as online status is not a good indicator. In my case per TSC i was approved on 9/4 but my online status did not change until 9/11.

sku
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
When I call NSC they tell there status says whatever is on website, Only thing she did opened SR. And I have not heard anything on that....I took info pass ...same thing...The lady on NSC says she can not even see my Priority Date ..

I call 1-800-375-5283....then I press 1 for english.....then option 2 .....Press 1

bebar
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Called NSC on 9/3 and IO initiated an inquiry. Not sure if this is equivalent to SR. With in few hours I got a reply email stating the exact following message. It says awaiting review by an officer, but then the last line says "Service is waiting for VISA availability". It's too confusing and it sucks.

Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your I-485 application has been extended. Allow extra time for an Officer to review your application. Furthermore, if all initial evidence was not included with you application, or a question arose during adjudication that required a Request for Evidence, additional time would be needed. Your application remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability.

vxg
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
When I call NSC they tell there status says whatever is on website, Only thing she did opened SR. And I have not heard anything on that....I took info pass ...same thing...The lady on NSC says she can not even see my Priority Date ..

I call 1-800-375-5283....then I press 1 for english.....then option 2 .....Press 1

Call the service center where your case is (Texas or nebraska) not NSC.

sku
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
what's the phone number for that VXG...
Call the service center where your case is (Texas or nebraska) not NSC.
Please ?

prout02
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Actually, I thought what the heck and tried it from my personal email. And they responded in 2 days. The response was all BS...full of grammatical and factual errors with strange sentence constructions...seemed to have been texted by a highschooler.

What actually worked was POJ method of reaching NSC IO.

9/3/09: IO was curt, but I insisted on assigning my case to an IO.
9/4/09: IO was all sweet and honey...told me that my case had already been assigned to an IO because of my call the previous day. (This is important, folks - getting your case assigned to an IO). She was so approachable, I asked her if she could approve my case now. She obviously said no, but said she would see what she could do. This was the best response from NSC so far. Asked me to wait for one more day. It was long weekend, so had to wait 3 looooong days.
9/8/09: IO gave the approval news. 5 minutes later, my wife called and got a really annoying IO, who instead of looking up her case, went on a tirade. That night got the email.
9/14/09: Got the card.

I did try 2 Senator's office, a really hopeless CongressWoman, both Obamas, both Bidens, Napolitano, Mayorkas, Pelosi, Ombudsman, two NCSC SRs, AILA (through my attorney). And nothing worked. It was funny that the Senator's office called me to wait 60 more days. When I told her of my approval, she was short with me. So, in my case, nothing worked except the POJ method and personal perseverance. Keep on calling until you find a good IO to help you. Good luck!

sku
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Can I get link for New POJ method of reaching Nebraska IO.

Anyone Please ?

prout02
09-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Anyone Please ?

800-375-5283

POJ method for Nebraska

To continue in english press 1
To check the status of an application press 2
If you know your receipt number press 1
If your receipt number starts with SRC/WAC press 1
The receipt number you entered... if this is correct press 1
Information you heard is most up to date... report a problem with your case press 3
File several companion cases at the same time and got separated press 4

bebar
09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
1-2-1 receipt number# 1-1-3-4

Anyone Please ?

caliguy
09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Apologies, if this has been asked.

What is the sequence for using the POJ method for Texas?

Thanks in advance!

fatjoe
09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Could we keep calling, even after raising one SR?
Raised an SR on 08/25/2009. Took infopass on 09/02/2009 and came to know that mine, spose and the kid got pre-approved.
Recd a response for my SR on 09/04/2009 from uscis saying that my case is being actively processed. Called uscis again on 09/04/2009 and got good scoldings from the 2nd level CSR saying in a rude and harsh tone, that I have already raised an SR and am supposed to wait atleast for 60 days before calling again.
Could I still persevere and call uscis? I was never so anxiuos or dissappointed before at not getting email.
Actually, I thought what the heck and tried it from my personal email. And they responded in 2 days. The response was all BS...full of grammatical and factual errors with strange sentence constructions...seemed to have been texted by a highschooler.

What actually worked was POJ method of reaching NSC IO.

9/3/09: IO was curt, but I insisted on assigning my case to an IO.
9/4/09: IO was all sweet and honey...told me that my case had already been assigned to an IO because of my call the previous day. (This is important, folks - getting your case assigned to an IO). She was so approachable, I asked her if she could approve my case now. She obviously said no, but said she would see what she could do. This was the best response from NSC so far. Asked me to wait for one more day. It was long weekend, so had to wait 3 looooong days.
9/8/09: IO gave the approval news. 5 minutes later, my wife called and got a really annoying IO, who instead of looking up her case, went on a tirade. That night got the email.
9/14/09: Got the card.

I did try 2 Senator's office, a really hopeless CongressWoman, both Obamas, both Bidens, Napolitano, Mayorkas, Pelosi, Ombudsman, two NCSC SRs, AILA (through my attorney). And nothing worked. It was funny that the Senator's office called me to wait 60 more days. When I told her of my approval, she was short with me. So, in my case, nothing worked except the POJ method and personal perseverance. Keep on calling until you find a good IO to help you. Good luck!

seekerofpeace
09-15-2009, 10:14 PM
What works for someone may not work for us. VXG and others were lucky we are not as simple as that which does not mean that we left any stone unturned...it just doesn't work that way.....but again will keep on trying...

has anybody tried calling USCIS as the proxy applicant..I mean has anyone as a primary called USCIS for their dependent....the reason I am asking is I need to do that....I am sure there is no "sex" in the file and there is no way for them knowing that I am the primary applicant or not.

SoP

belmontboy
09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
What works for someone may not work for us. VXG and others were lucky we are not as simple as that which does not mean that we left any stone unturned...it just doesn't work that way.....but again will keep on trying...

has anybody tried calling USCIS as the proxy applicant..I mean has anyone as a primary called USCIS for their dependent....the reason I am asking is I need to do that....I am sure there is no "sex" in the file and there is no way for them knowing that I am the primary applicant or not.

SoP

u going to talk in girl's tone? :D

seekerofpeace
09-15-2009, 10:28 PM
No what I meant was that they don't even have the PD in front of them and no personal details....so I guess I can take a chance....they have limited information anyway...

SoP

fatjoe
09-15-2009, 11:08 PM

SoP

I have tried it several times. You can talk on behalf of your spouse. But your spouse has to be there at that time, as the CSR first asks if that is your case. There is no need to tell lies, you can always say that you are enquiring about your spouse. The CSR makes sure that your spouse is there at that time, and talks to your spouse first before talking to you about your spouse's case.

natrajs
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Recd the CPO E mail today @ 7 PM EDT - 9/15 from TSC

EB2- June 04

Attorney Sent a Letter to AILA liason on 8/20
Called TSC on 8/27/ - Opened a SR
Called TSC again on 9/3 - CSR told me that they sent a reply for the SR opened on 8/27
Recd the SR - reply on 9/4/09 stating that " your Application processing is pending/delayed"
Called Senator office on 9/9/09 and sent fax
Called Senator office on 9/14/09 - Liason officer told me that it will take 30 to 60 days to get the response.
Called other Senator office on 9/14/09 , Sent the fax
Called again to II Senator office on 9/15/09, I was told to call back after 15 days to get the respose
Called TSC again on 9/15/09 around 4.45 PM EDT, Talked CSR , So nice , she eve discussed about the weather , summer time events etc, I told her about the letter I have recd for my SR ( 8/29), she asked if it mentioned any time frame, And i told her "No", then she said it is very unusaul and tranferred my call to the officer,

1st he told me the current processing time is 9/07/07 and my ND is 9/28/07 so my application has a 21 days lag, Then I told him that my application has mailed on 8/7/09, I also mentioned about the letter i received for SR, then he started asking questions about the receipt # and case details

The the officer verified following details

My first name,
Last name,
Address, Zip code, Door #,
fathers first name
mothers first name,
4 Digit SSN

and then told me that your case is under review with an officer from 8/29/08( Then I realized both of us had a Soft LUD on our application on 8/29/08) , I told him about that, the he said yes it is , it is related to the interal process. Then I asked him that What can i do now, He said, Keep your faith and finger crossed asked to me keep on calling USCIS TSC office every week to check about my case.

I really don't know whether he is playing with me or what.

what ever it is I got the CPO e mail @ 7 PM EDT

10 Yr wait is over.

Thank you all, I am not going away, Tristate leadership knows me very well, and I will be involved all the effort of the IV

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Recd the CPO E mail today @ 7 PM EDT - 9/15 from TSC

EB2- June 04

Attorney Sent a Letter to AILA liason on 8/20
Called TSC on 8/27/ - Opened a SR
Called TSC again on 9/3 - CSR told me that they sent a reply for the SR opened on 8/27
Recd the SR - reply on 9/4/09 stating that " your Application processing is pending/delayed"
Called Senator office on 9/9/09 and sent fax
Called Senator office on 9/14/09 - Liason officer told me that it will take 30 to 60 days to get the response.
Called other Senator office on 9/14/09 , Sent the fax
Called again to II Senator office on 9/15/09, I was told to call back after 15 days to get the respose
Called TSC again on 9/15/09 around 4.45 PM EDT, Talked CSR , So nice , she eve discussed about the weather , summer time events etc, I told her about the letter I have recd for my SR ( 8/29), she asked if it mentioned any time frame, And i told her "No", then she said it is very unusaul and tranferred my call to the officer,

1st he told me the current processing time is 9/07/07 and my ND is 9/28/07 so my application has a 21 days lag, Then I told him that my application has mailed on 8/7/09, I also mentioned about the letter i received for SR, then he started asking questions about the receipt # and case details

The the officer verified following details

My first name,
Last name,
Address, Zip code, Door #,
fathers first name
mothers first name,
4 Digit SSN

and then told me that your case is under review with an officer from 8/29/08( Then I realized both of us had a Soft LUD on our application on 8/29/08) , I told him about that, the he said yes it is , it is related to the interal process. Then I asked him that What can i do now, He said, Keep your faith and finger crossed asked to me keep on calling USCIS TSC office every week to check about my case.

I really don't know whether he is playing with me or what.

what ever it is I got the CPO e mail @ 7 PM EDT

10 Yr wait is over.

Thank you all, I am not going away, Tristate leadership knows me very well, and I will be involved all the effort of the IV
@natraj - YOU ARE THERE. I remember my afternoon emails and our exchange ...How life can change in few hours :) GREAT NEWS - Congratulations on getting GREEN ...so there is still hope for June 04...:)

Back to counting hours for my ongoing torture...:) USCIS willing!

natrajs
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
@natraj - YOU ARE THERE. I remember my afternoon emails and our exchange ...How life can change in few hours :) GREAT NEWS - Congratulations on getting GREEN ...so there is still hope for June 04...:)

Back to counting hours for my ongoing torture...:) USCIS willing!

kubmilegaGC, Thank Q, Infact I have scheduled infopass appointment on Sept 22nd, Which I will cancel it tomorrow, I don't know you have tried the infopass,

Don't miss any opps, Try them all, Good Luck and Best Wishes

caliguy
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
It seems like its just me and kubmilegaGC left from June 2004. Anybody else from June 04?

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
kubmilegaGC, Thank Q, Infact I have scheduled infopass appointment on Sept 22nd, Which I will cancel it tomorrow, I don't know you have tried the infopass,

Don't miss any opps, Try them all, Good Luck and Best Wishes
wife's SR yielded in a response of "assigned to an officer on 9/11" and my infopass today (9/15) also had the same result....so I guess its a waiting game for us! I tried normal "outside of processing window" method to file SRs but now learnt about getting to directly to talk to IO...will try that tomorrow - I wish I could bug them ay this hour :)

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:14 AM
It seems like its just me and kubmilegaGC left from June 2004. Anybody else from June 04?
We are going to GET THERE @cali - really anyone else with June 04 or prior?

caliguy
09-16-2009, 12:16 AM
kubmilegaGC - Yeah, lets hope so. Let's see who is going to be the last man standing!!! :D

Btw, do you know the sequence to get to the POJ method for TSC center? I am planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks!

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
kubmilegaGC - Yeah, lets hope so. Let's see who is going to be the last man standing!!! :D

Btw, do you know the sequence to get to the POJ method for TSC center? I am planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks!

PRESS 4 instead of 3 (outside of normal processing time) - I guess go back couple pages on this thread or "Sept approvals (our very own favorite) thread :) - you will get the details.

Lets keep each other posted.

Thanks,

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:21 AM

Thanks!
btw, I hope none of us will be "the last man" standing :) lets not wish for it!

caliguy
09-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Reached home and had a letter waiting...

Here is the response from TSC:

According to TSC, it is currently processing 485 visas based on filing date order. There are a large amount of cases that are being processed and your case will be processed in receipt date order. With the limited amount of visas that are currently available between now and September 30, 2009, there is no guarantee that your case can be completed before the end of FY 2009.

For whatever it means, I have seen tons and tons of cases with receipt date/notice date and PD after me that have been approved. Heck, all my dates are current on outside the processing time so I dont know what to make out of it.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed...... I wish I had received the card instead of the letter today :)

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
I feel the pain buddy...I feel the pain. There is no rhyme or reason and this reasoning is BS ...since we all know people with later PDs and later RDs/NDs have been approved - the processing order is JUST a BIG MESS.

When the senator inquiry was initiated? sometime in August?

caliguy
09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Senators inquiry was initiated in first week of September. I guess that is TSC's way of saying F$%$ off....

I am thinking.....I think they have black listed my application for hassling them too much :)
How can I get in their good books now? :)

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
What to get out of these SR responses (received by email)
Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.
Your application is currently with an officer; you will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed.

Infopass for #1 - had an answer of with an officer since 9/11

WHEN the wait will end?

caliguy
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I am going to submit an issue with CIS Ombudsman @ DHS | CIS Ombudsman - Case Problems (http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm)

I have also asked the attorney to send an email @ Texas Service Introduces Streamline Procedure for I-485s and I-140s

Attorney got back to me and said we will have to wait until 1st October, as he opened a SR on 1st September and TSC asked him to wait for 30 days.

At this point, I am running out of options....maybe a letter to the first lady??

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I am going to submit an issue with CIS Ombudsman @ DHS | CIS Ombudsman - Case Problems (http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm)

I have also asked the attorney to send an email @ Texas Service Introduces Streamline Procedure for I-485s and I-140s

Attorney got back to me and said we will have to wait until 1st October, as he opened a SR on 1st September and TSC asked him to wait for 30 days.

At this point, I am running out of options....maybe a letter to the first lady??

Hang in there @cali...dont loose hope. Did you talk to IO...? you were going to yesterday...I did send an email to streamline (NSC) myself from my work address - Gone into the SINK. No reply whatsoever. Thought of letting you know.

I think lawyers are just another hurdle in getting the right answer at this stage - they dont get our urgency and many a times I just dont know why we hire them - may be a topic for some other time :)

caliguy
09-16-2009, 09:12 PM
kubmilegaGC - talked to an IO. She was very rude. I put the details in the other thread - September approvals 2009. Take a look at it.

Yes, I totally agree with you. So far, besides the SR that was opened by my attorney, I have done everything on my own. When I called my attorney a couple days back, he asked me why I was in such a rush..... I would love to see him wait for 13 years for something. Coincidentally, I was told the same thing by the IO this morning...."give it some time, we responded to your inquiry, it will take 60 days. call us after November 15th "".

When will I see light at the end of the tunnel? :mad:

seekerofpeace
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Caliguy,

see my thread on "Told to wait till Oct 1st"

One thing is true that life is not fair and USCIS is even more so....it is hard for us who are mostly engineers and scientists out here who always try to seek logic get totally flummoxed by USCIS.

I will keep on calling them and every time I hear a new thing.

We have to be patient..I guess it gets darkest before it is dawn...

SoP

caliguy
09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
seekerofpeace - I hope they have not lost my file. I have not been able to get a concrete answer so far as to what is happening with my file.

My attorney had filed 140s for in EB2/EB3 and I hope they have not taken my app and classified it as EB3. We sent the EB2 I-140 with the AOS app so I dont think that would happen but stranger things have happened with USCIS.

Response that I got from the local senator and from what I read in the other thread you created, I think visa numbers are over for 2009 fiscal year. We will now have to wait until October. I dont mind waiting until October, but I want to use the next 15 days doing whatever I can, so atleast in October, I have some chance of getting approved.

Good luck to you, hope everyone who is waiting gets the good news soon.

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
seekerofpeace - I hope they have not lost my file. I have not been able to get a concrete answer so far as to what is happening with my file.

My attorney had filed 140s for in EB2/EB3 and I hope they have not taken my app and classified it as EB3. We sent the EB2 I-140 with the AOS app so I dont think that would happen but stranger things have happened with USCIS.

Response that I got from the local senator and from what I read in the other thread you created, I think visa numbers are over for 2009 fiscal year. We will now have to wait until October. I dont mind waiting until October, but I want to use the next 15 days doing whatever I can, so atleast in October, I have some chance of getting approved.

Good luck to you, hope everyone who is waiting gets the good news soon.

any approvals for 9/17 yet?

Dipika
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Help me Gurus!

we had Infopass appt. IO said your case is pre-adjudicated and under Review. we ask how long will it take to review? He said - doesn't know. can we open SR? He suggested not good to open SR. Reason is they will give same reply - case is under review give us 3 to 6 months. USCIS always tell us to "Not to open SR for Under Review case". Let the petitioner to send latter to request the status directly by sending latter to,
INS Texas Service Center
PO Box 851488 - Dept A
Mesquite
TX 75185 - 1488

does any one have sent inquiry latter to this address? is it worthful to send latter there?

One thing is clear that if our app is in "Under Review", means we have to do something to trigger approval. otherwise it will be in Review forever. we had open SR last yeat september and got same reply in May this year. so SR doesn't work.

Please suggest me what step i should take.

sku
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I Received the CPO email at this Morning 7:30 AM (MST) for both me and my wife.
-------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 17, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
--------------------
PD: Sept 2004
Received Date : 2nd July 2007 at Texas Service Center ( My Application number was SRC###)
In December 2007, my application was transfered to Nebraska Service Center
Last was LUD 03/27/2009 [ I don't know the reason]
CPO email 17th Sept 2009

Opened SR on 8th Sept 2009 for Primary Applicant
Opened SR on 11th Sept 2009 for Spouse
Emailed Senator on 9th Sept 2009
Emailed Congressman 15th Sept 2009

Dipika
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Congratulations sku! enjoy your freedom!

can you guide me how to find congressman of my state (NJ) and how should i write to senator and congressman?

sku
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

This link can help you to find your congressmen , when you get the name , you can goto that congressman's website and look for contact info there

Dipika
09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Thank you sku! i appreciate!

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS...this morning 10:00AM CST we got the CPO emails for both of us...

I just can not thank Aall of you enough and the IV community for the support they have provided over the last few years - especially since Sept 1.

THANK YOU GOD - THANKS FOR LISTENING.

I will be around - not going anywhere and will support IV efforts!

BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING...Believe me "appka bhi number aayega" I was loosing hopes - since Sept 1 when saw number of approvals after my PD/RD/ND etc..but there is really nothing that can predict this system.

Here is my journey - encapsulated:

PD- June 04
I485 files on July 2nd 2007 - NSC
RD 8/4/2207
SR #1: 9/4/2209
SR #2" 9/11/2209
Senator contact: 9/10/2009 and 9/11/2009
Infopass: 9/15/2009
CPO emails: 9/17/2009

Hang in there - open SRs and contact your senators!!!

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS...this morning 10:00AM CST we got the CPO emails for both of us...

I just can not thank Aall of you enough and the IV community for the support they have provided over the last few years - especially since Sept 1.

BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING...Believe me "appka bhi number aayega" I was loosing hopes - since Sept 1 when saw number of approvals after my PD/RD/ND etc..but there is really nothing that can predict this system.

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

anyone would be when they get this email ..I meant 2007 and 2009 wherever there is mistake of 2207 and 2209. Thanks!

caliguy
09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
kubmilegaGC - Heartiest congratulations! Go out and enjoy the freedom!!! You deserve it.

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

sdrblr
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice !! congrats

I think it is time for you to remove the words "** Still waiting for magic email - have mercy!"

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
kubmilegaGC - Heartiest congratulations! Go out and enjoy the freedom!!! You deserve it.

@Cali - I wish we could have got it together - really! I know the frustration...But may be few more days and you will be through as well. lets keep the hope. You have been great although we got e-introduced only couple of weeks back...

anyone who is in the same boat - write on the forums - help each other and provide any nugget that could change the game...I do believe I got tremendous help from this forum and the morale support that was needed just to bear through each day. It helped me with my emotions and provided guidance and some comparisons.

It is easier said than done - but hang in there!

caliguy
09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
KubMilegaGC - thanks for all the support.

I am now waiting for October 1st, attorney said that they will send an inquiry through AILA. I am not sure if I should call USCIS now, as they tell me to call after 60 days based on the response they sent to the inquiry that was made by the local senator.

I also got a response for my 09/04 Infopass appointment today. It says "Based on the documentation you have provided, your cases qualifies for expedited processing. You should hear back from us within 45-60 days. If you do not hear back from us within 60 days, please call us back.

I have no clue what that means? I have not provided them any documentation in the last 2 years. LUD on my case is from April 2009 (when I filed for AP/EAD) and status update is for the document they sent to me for FP in September 2007.

I filed for AP last year in May 2008 and didnt see any updates at that time either. I have no idea where my case is or whats going on with it. Let's hope for the best.

Again, congrats to you. After 16 days of pain and agony, I am glad you got your GC today, you can now relax and move on with your life. You too have been great support in the last 3-4 days.

vikki76
09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Congrats KabMilegaGC on getting that magic email.
We are still waiting for our turn- Today my attorneys decided to take pity on us and they said that they are going to write to USCIS about pending application. Maybe that will do the trick.
In some weird way, there was no anxiety at all when dates were not current as there was no hope at all. Life was going on just fine but this wait is proving to be more difficult.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opened SR on Sept 3rd
Case Pending on NSC
InfoPass on Sept 7th
Contacted Senator on Sept 14th.

syedajmal
09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
How do I open a SR. Appreciate any help and specifics.

natrajs
09-17-2009, 05:50 PM

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

Congrats and Best Wishes kubmilegaGC, Finally the pain is over

Take care

natrajs
09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
KubMilegaGC - thanks for all the support.

I am now waiting for October 1st, attorney said that they will send an inquiry through AILA. I am not sure if I should call USCIS now, as they tell me to call after 60 days based on the response they sent to the inquiry that was made by the local senator.

I also got a response for my 09/04 Infopass appointment today. It says "Based on the documentation you have provided, your cases qualifies for expedited processing. You should hear back from us within 45-60 days. If you do not hear back from us within 60 days, please call us back.

I have no clue what that means? I have not provided them any documentation in the last 2 years. LUD on my case is from April 2009 (when I filed for AP/EAD) and status update is for the document they sent to me for FP in September 2007.

I filed for AP last year in May 2008 and didnt see any updates at that time either. I have no idea where my case is or whats going on with it. Let's hope for the best.

Again, congrats to you. After 16 days of pain and agony, I am glad you got your GC today, you can now relax and move on with your life. You too have been great support in the last 3-4 days.

Keep the hope, You will get it , Good Luck and Best Wishes

caliguy
09-17-2009, 06:17 PM
natrajs - Is your case at TSC or NSC?

fatjoe
09-17-2009, 06:53 PM
This is the most wonderful news for you I believe, and this is the day the Lord has made for you, when you least expect it. Hearty congrats.
OK, coming to the point, how did you open 2nd SR within a week. Did you get any response for the 1st SR or 2nd SR at all? If so, what was it?
Did the senator's contact help you at all?
What did u ask when you went for the infopass?
What do you think, that could have triggered CPO? May be your rep at the infopass sent an email to NSC?
Sorry to bug you with a lot of questions... just trying to do an anlysis on what would have worked for you.

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

chaukas
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Pls include letter to Ombudsman in the voting options.

apb
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Congratulations kubmilegaGC... Now u can change ur handle to abhmilagc
best wishes

natrajs
09-17-2009, 08:22 PM
natrajs - Is your case at TSC or NSC?

My case is submitted to TSC and it was never transferred to any other SC

Rec Notice # SRC07XXXX
EB2-I - June 04 ( Same Employer , Though I got the EAD, never switched to EAD, still have H1B Valid unitl Feb 2011 (9 to 12 YrH1B))
RD - 8/8/07
ND - 9/28/07
FP - 11/1/07
SLUD - 8/28/08
HLUD - 9/15/09 - CPO E mail ( Self & Spouse)

No RFE, SR on 8/27/09 - Recd reply on 9/4/09 stating that your case is pending and processing is delayed. Called two senators offices and sent them faxes, Lawyer sent a letter to AILA liason on 8/20/09 - So far no replies

Called TSC on 9/15/09 eve 5 PM and talked to CSR and she convinced and transferred to officer, he told me that the case is under review since 8/28/08 and asked me to keep faith in the system

And by 7 PM EDT - 9/15/09 recd the CPO - email for both of us

If you need any other info , please PM me

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks @natraj @fatjoe @Vikki @apb - thanks for all suggestions -:)

@ cali - talk to senators's immigration liaison and explain the contradicting response(s) that you are receiving and ask if they could help - at this time lets take a diff approach - let them ping USCIS rather that you..see if that works.

@fat - 2nd SR was for wife and we seriously think that IT did the trick

I am wishing THE BEST for all of you who are waiting...next few days guys - you will get it! 100%

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Pls include letter to Ombudsman in the voting options.
I dont think I can add that option now...can I?

caliguy
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks kubmilegaGC!

I will call the senators immigration liaison tomorrow. Hopefully she will not tell me that they cannot do anything besides what they have done because that is what they told me in September last year when I got a standard response last year.

Unfortunately nobody understands the pain and agony we are going through. For them, its just another day at the office, they couldnt care less. Nevertheless, I am going to try tomorrow.....hey, cant give up that easy.

I will call CS again tomorrow, I dont mind being yelled at and I am gonna tell her this time that I have not opened a SR. Atleast, she will then transfer my call to a IO.

Let's see what tomorrow has in store for me!!

Thanks @natraj @fatjoe @Vikki @apb - thanks for all suggestions -:)

@ cali - talk to senators's immigration liaison and explain the contradicting response(s) that you are receiving and ask if they could help - at this time lets take a diff approach - let them ping USCIS rather that you..see if that works.

@fat - 2nd SR was for wife and we seriously think that IT did the trick

I am wishing THE BEST for all of you who are waiting...next few days guys - you will get it! 100%

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks kubmilegaGC!

I will call the senators immigration liaison tomorrow. Hopefully she will not tell me that they cannot do anything besides what they have done because that is what they told me in September last year when I got a standard response last year.

Unfortunately nobody understands the pain and agony we are going through. For them, its just another day at the office, they couldnt care less. Nevertheless, I am going to try tomorrow.....hey, cant give up that easy.

I will call CS again tomorrow, I dont mind being yelled at and I am gonna tell her this time that I have not opened a SR. Atleast, she will then transfer my call to a IO.

do you have SR opened for your wife?

geesee
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks kubmilegaGC!

Request the CSR to transfer the call to an IO.. thats what I did today... IO seemed knowledgeable than all CSRs I talked to...

Opened SR for my wife.. it seems opening SR for wife's case did a trick to few cases...

Keeping fingers crossed.....

caliguy
09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks @ geesee.

I was transferred to a IO yesterday. She was rude, told me that I should not be calling since they responsed to the first SR that was opened by my attorney on 09/01.

Not sure if you read the other thread, but I have got 2 responses from USCIS so far - one for inquiry that was sent when I took the Infopass and the other one that was opened by my attorney.

Response that I got for inquiry from my Infopass was " Based on the additional documentation provided, your case qualifies for expedited processing. You should hear back from us in 60 days. If you do not hear back in 60 days, please call us back".

I havent provided any documentation to them in the last 2 years, after my FP was done in September 2007.

So when I talked to the IO, she read out that message to me and in a subtle way asked me "What part of that message do you not get"?? I was trying to explain the situation to her, and before I could finish - she said "Sir, I got to move on and take other calls, please dont call back before November 15th".

And then she said the part that chuckles me the most - Sir, is there anything else you would like to me repeat, or do you have any other questions.....??

Hell yeah, I only have one question - when will I get the magic email?? :o

geesee
09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
@ caliguy
yeah its a matter of luck to get a better IO.. I would wait for couple of days before calling them back.. I wonder how they randomly give different wait times.. At the time of opening SR, I was told to wait for 45 days.. other CSR told me to wait for 30 days.. and I see you have been told to wait for 60 days...

but hang in there man.. we will get green soon...

i have an infopass scheduled for 25th... really hoping to get an approval before that..

caliguy
09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
@ geesee

Do you know if they have a record of everytime we talk to the CSRs?

I have only been able to talk to an IO once, and I feel they definitely have more info than these CSRs who are sitting there like bots. To get to the IO, I basically had to tell them that I have not opened a SR so far (which was not true).

When I tried calling yesterday, I told the CSR, that my attorney opened a SR on 1st September and if she could kindly transfer my call to a IO. She said she will not be able to transfer my call, as I had already opened a SR. When I told her that I already got a response for the SR, so I now need to open another SR, she said she cannot as it asked me to wait for 60 days. I requested her a couple times to please transfer me to a IO, she said, Sorry, cannot do it as you have already opened a SR.

I am planning to call them next week again, will tell them I have not opened a SR yet. Atleast, I will then get to talk to a IO.....!!

apb
09-18-2009, 03:10 PM
To Can2004, kubmilegagc, adobe howm, sriswam, MerciesOfInjustices
Seeing your postings gives me hope of getting GC this time.

Irritated with the lack of transparency and pathetic Customer service.

Created SR :- std reply blah blah.. under review..wait for 60 days.
Twice talked to IO :- First time response.. we are working on your case..
second response :- As per our info on my screen, it is not yet assigned to IO and neither pre-adjudicated. One person says one thing and another says another thing. I do not know what screen they are looking and how they are pulling info. What is the point of puting CSR if they have half baked info or worse no info on where the case is.
Have infopass appt late next week. Guess another garbage collecton day..:-)

kubmilegaGC
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM

second response :- As per our info on my screen, it is not yet assigned to IO and neither pre-adjudicated. One person says one thing and another says another thing. I do not know what screen they are looking and how they are pulling info. What is the point of puting CSR if they have half baked info or worse no info on where the case is.

I responded in our ever favorire sept 2009 thread...please read there some of my comments..
@cali - how are you doing buddy? doing alright?

natrajs
09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Recd the cards today (9/23/09)

CPO E Mail recd on (9/15/09)

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all

kubmilegaGC
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all

Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....any SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?

kubmilegaGC
09-23-2009, 11:54 PM

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all

Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....anyone with SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?

fatjoe
09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
If possible taken an infopass appt. They might be able to tell you the correct status of your appln.
BTW: Does any one know how long does it take for a decision to be made on an application once it has been pre-adjudicated and assiged to an IO?:confused:

kubmilegaGC
09-24-2009, 08:39 PM

PD- June 04
RD 8/4/2207
SR #2" 9/11/2209

....and the final step #6 is done - got the physical cards at home today. One long journey comes to an end!!!

Wishing LUCK for everyone who's still waiting!

kubmilegaGC
09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
If possible taken an infopass appt. They might be able to tell you the correct status of your appln.
BTW: Does any one know how long does it take for a decision to be made on an application once it has been pre-adjudicated and assiged to an IO?:confused:

9/11 - assigned to IO
9/17 - CPO

Hope this helps!

natrajs
09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....anyone with SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?

Soft LUD on 9/21/09, - TSC, The cards were mailed on 9/21/09 from TSC and we recd it on 9/23/09 - NJ

apb
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Hard and Soft LUD recently stating case moved to local office. Does anybody has any idea on timeframe for interview call? Dates being current I want it asap.

fatjoe
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
It would take at least 45 days. You will always get about a month's notice for the interview. As per my case, I got a notice on March 10, 2009 that my case was transferred to NBC and that I would have to attend an interview at local office. I got the interview notice around May 15th for the interview scheduled on June 25th.
Hard and Soft LUD recently stating case moved to local office. Does anybody has any idea on timeframe for interview call? Dates being current I want it asap.