PDA

View Full Version : What does "being prepared for review" mean?

neelu
09-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Hello,

I apologize in advance, if I should have posted in a different thread - if so please let me know and I can post there (and admins can delete this one).

My priority date from Perm is Feb 2006. But I have an earlier priority date of Jan 2005 (I-140 approved). I dont know if that earlier date has been applied to my I-485 (which is based on the Perm labor). My case is in NSC.

After seeing the October VB (acc to which my RIR PD becomes current in Oct), I opened an SR to see if they interfiled my two cases. I got a letter in the mail from USCIS, but no reponse in it to my question. Instead it states the following:

"The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently being prepared for review. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. Continue to check the USCIS website for case status updates."

A few questions:

1) What does "being prepared for review" mean? Should I expect more RFEs? We had responded to Medical RFEs in April this year.

2) How can I make sure that my two cases are combined?

3) Is there any preparatory action I can take before October 1st?

I would appreciate your comments and advice on the above.

Thank you in advance.

fromnaija
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
If you have an approved I-140 based on your RIR PD, then yes you could ask to be accorded the earlier priority date. If not, you cannot ask for the earlier priority date on the basis of an approved LC alone.

neelu
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your response, FromNaija.

I do have an approved I-140 based on the RIR PD. I will update my first post with that info.

I know that USCIS should interfile the two cases. My question is, how to find out if that happened and if not done what can be done to ensure that?

Also, has anyone gotten similar messages like "your case has been prepared for review"? I have searched this forum but could not find anything about it.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

If you have an approved I-140 based on your RIR PD, then yes you could ask to be accorded the earlier priority date. If not, you cannot ask for the earlier priority date on the basis of an approved LC alone.

fromnaija
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't think it happens automatically. You will need to ask to be accorded the earlier priority date or if interfiling you will also initiate the process by asking that USCIS substitutes the previously submitted I-140 with a new approved one. The time to do that is when the PD on the newly approved 140 becomes current.

From your explanation, now that your old PD is current and the 140 for that is approved, you will have to ask that interfiling occur by sending a letter to USCIS with a copy of the new 140.

If you have done this, then the message you got could be that USCIS is ready to review your file by October. A congratulation may be in order here because I believe you will soon get your GC.

neelu
09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Thank you, FromNaija, again. I appreciate your taking the time to respond in detail.

Also thanks for the nice words. They have a nice ring to them especially since I was expecting an RFE. You made my day with those words even if they dont turn true (those words are the closest I have ever come to a GC). Hope you are right. But I am not getting my hopes too high. :)

Wish you also good luck!

I don't think it happens automatically. You will need to ask to be accorded the earlier priority date or if interfiling you will also initiate the process by asking that USCIS substitutes the previously submitted I-140 with a new approved one. The time to do that is when the PD on the newly approved 140 becomes current.

From your explanation, now that your old PD is current and the 140 for that is approved, you will have to ask that interfiling occur by sending a letter to USCIS with a copy of the new 140.

If you have done this, then the message you got could be that USCIS is ready to review your file by October. A congratulation may be in order here because I believe you will soon get your GC.

roseball
09-15-2009, 07:15 PM
You can also try and get an InfoPass appointment at the local USCIS office and check with an IO during the appointment what PD is assigned to your pending I-485. If its not the old RIR PD which is current, then you can hand them over a copy of your old I-140 approval notice and ask them to link it to your pending I-485. I would advise you to take an InfoPass and verify this information yourself.

neelu
09-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Thank you, Roseball.

I will take an Infopass appointment as well. Do you think it is better to take the appointment in October when my date is current (going by the RIR PD)?

By the way, I only have a photocopy of my approved I-140 notices (according to company attorney, it is owned by the company). Hope that suffices.

Also, does the IO have the power to update my case? I thought they only give out information (if in the mood that is :)).

You can also try and get an InfoPass appointment at the local USCIS office and check with an IO during the appointment what PD is assigned to your pending I-485. If its not the old RIR PD which is current, then you can hand them over a copy of your old I-140 approval notice and ask them to link it to your pending I-485. I would advise you to take an InfoPass and verify this information yourself.