PDA

View Full Version : Question on using AP while continue working on H1

dpp
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
If a person is working on H1 applies both EAD and AP when he was in USA and goes to home country and comes back on AP. At this point, can he/she continue on H1 without using EAD? If it is ok to work on H1, then is it required to apply EAD though? Please give your opinions.

a_yaja
06-26-2007, 12:25 PM
If a person is working on H1 applies both EAD and AP when he was in USA and goes to home country and comes back on AP. At this point, can he/she continue on H1 without using EAD? If it is ok to work on H1, then is it required to apply EAD though? Please give your opinions.
Once you enter the country on AP, you are no more on H1B status. The I-94 card will no longer say "H1B". If you enter the country on AP and don't switch to EAD, then you will be working illegally. You must contact your employer and file a new I-9 with the EAD card to be considered as working with authorization.

aristotle
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Once you enter the country on AP, you are no more on H1B status. The I-94 card will no longer say "H1B". If you enter the country on AP and don't switch to EAD, then you will be working illegally. You must contact your employer and file a new I-9 with the EAD card to be considered as working with authorization.

Does it invalidate the H1? Can one leave the country and re-enter on H1 after that?

Also, are H1 extensions beyond the 6th year possible after filing for 485?

Administrator2
06-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Dear Friends,

A lot of us are busy getting our questions answered for filing our I-485. It is a sincere request to all members to please call ALL 100 Senators expressing your opposition to Menendez amendment SA#1317. This is an extremely important Action Item and it is time sensitive matter. Every voice and every call counts. We have all asked/answered many questions about the recent I-485 filing wave and we may have more unanswered questions that we would like to be answered right now. However, please understand that Senate proceedings, cloture vote and Menendez Amendment will govern the future shape of the entire green card numbers and the entire process. No doubt filing I-485 accurately is important for all of us. But please give due consideration to this very important events and the bill which will affects our and our families’ lives.

Please call to oppose Menendez amendment.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5663

Thank You!!