PDA

View Full Version : papers arrangement in filing

mrsr
06-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone ,

i have written in many post but so far didnt get an answer so starting this thread .. please whoever has filed or are doing , help us to know how to arrange the papers for filing in the packet .

thanks

waiting4gc
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I would advise putting all the forms first with a covering letter and then all the supporting documents i.e. birth certificate, letter of employment etc with a separate covering letter.

Hi everyone ,

i have written in many post but so far didnt get an answer so starting this thread .. please whoever has filed or are doing , help us to know how to arrange the papers for filing in the packet .

thanks

mrsr
06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
How are you guys puttign the checks and photo in the packets

mrsr
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
bumping

tnite
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone ,

thanks

I was talking to a paralegal and the following is what he said:
1.No post-it notes
2.Instead of 1 , the best thing is type "Birth Certificate" on a 8 1/2" x 11 size paper and clip it to the BC and do that for all the docs.
3.Do not staple them.
4.Put a big binder clip to all the applicants docs and do the same for dependant's too
5.Make copies of everything you send including the shipping information
6.Put all of them together in a big packet to be mailed via FEDEX/UPS/DHAl/USPS

mrsr
06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
how abt passport copies , can we staple them as there wud be many pages and can create confusion to the mailroom clerk

I was talking to a paralegal and the following is what he said:
1.No post-it notes
2.Instead of 1 , the best thing is type "Birth Certificate" on a 8 1/2" x 11 size paper and clip it to the BC and do that for all the docs.
3.Do not staple them.
4.Put a big binder clip to all the applicants docs and do the same for dependant's too
5.Make copies of everything you send including the shipping information
6.Put all of them together in a big packet to be mailed via FEDEX/UPS/DHAl/USPS

tnite
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
how abt passport copies , can we staple them as there wud be many pages and can create confusion to the mailroom clerk

you can staple passport copies . In my case I have 3 passport booklets and so had to put a clip binder to hold them.

mrsr
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
thank you tnite .. can u also tell how to send photo and checks

you can staple passport copies . In my case I have 3 passport booklets and so had to put a clip binder to hold them.

waiting4gc
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Put them in an envelope and seal it with cellotape and state on it that it contains checks and photographs

thank you tnite .. can u also tell how to send photo and checks

mrsr
06-26-2007, 03:53 PM
how abt ziplock bags will that be ok too , i am afraid the clerk might tear the check along with envelop while opening

tnite
06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
how abt ziplock bags will that be ok too , i am afraid the clerk might tear the check along with envelop while opening

You must be kidding right?
Then put the checks in a bigger envelope if it makes u feel better ..

mrsr
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
no i am not at all kidding friend , one of the mailroom procedure is that they put the photos in the see through packet ( ziplock type ) i got the idea from there , just confirming if this idea cross few more people

You must be kidding right?
Then put the checks in a bigger envelope if it makes u feel better ..

gc_lover
06-26-2007, 03:58 PM

I have to buy milk tonite, can you tell me should I use plastic or paper? :)

tnite
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM

if you'r environmentally conscious go with paper otherwise plastic is the way to go

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
why r u wasting yr time here asking stupid questions .... anything related to filing is ok anythign .. from stapling to paper clip but MILK .. goshhhh do some work intead of wasting time

k_usa
06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Where do we need to send the 485 application ?

From the following link it seems we need to send it to Nebraska service center.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

My 140 is approved at TSC.

I am confused.

Appreciate any help.

yabadaba
06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
why r u wasting yr time here asking stupid questions .... anything related to filing is ok anythign .. from stapling to paper clip but MILK .. goshhhh do some work intead of wasting time
I need to tie my laces...should i bend down or sit down on a chair and cross my leg?

plz reply urgent problem!!!

also, later I will go to the restroom...should i wash my hand with liquid soap or bar soap?

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
till 31st July i guess it is ok to file to Nebraska , after that you have to file wherever 140 approved . but do confirm with others too

Where do we need to send the 485 application ?

From the following link it seems we need to send it to Nebraska service center.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

My 140 is approved at TSC.

I am confused.

Appreciate any help.

k_usa
06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
The 140 approval petition clearly says that the 485 application needs to be sent to same service center where 140 is applied.

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
yabadaba ,

no offence , i am filing on my own and so i have to clear all my doubts from staple to coloured paper .... i guess u can write all what you wish ... but looks like u r working and your time is also precious so please respond like senior member .... i am sitting here to get an answer how to file properly ... when i open thread i get message like yrs which really irritate .....

I need to tie my laces...should i bend down or sit down on a chair and cross my leg?

plz reply urgent problem!!!

also, later I will go to the restroom...should i wash my hand with liquid soap or bar soap?

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
search some other thread too , you can get some more answer , also read the oh law website , some days before it came as breaking news in oh law website i guess 06/16 from USCIS as where to file.

The 140 approval petition clearly says that the 485 application needs to be sent to same service center where 140 is applied.

badluck
06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
yabadaba ,

no offence , i am on h4 sitting at home so can write as much as i have to clear it from staple to coloured paper .... if u r like me on h4 .. nothing to do then i guess u can write all ... but looks like u r working as u questioned abt laces .... so please respond like senior member .... i am sitting here to get an answer how to file properly ... when i open thread i get message like yrs which really irritate .....

If you ask that kind of stupid qs then you dont need to fill apllication, you r OK with H4. ask a lawyer this stupid question he will charge 500 dollars for a smart answer.

username007
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I too have a simple question - Do we need to write set of checks for each applicant OR for all the applicants only one set of checks are needed?

Can it be a personal bank check?

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
badluck :)

do u know what question was asked :) ? and have u read the mailroom procedure even once ? and also try not to tell who is OK with what ....

If you ask that kind of stupid qs then you dont need to fill apllication, you r OK with H4. ask a lawyer this stupid question he will charge 500 dollars for a smart answer.

username007
06-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Can someone reply to this?

I too have a simple question - Do we need to write set of checks for each applicant OR for all the applicants only one set of checks are needed?

mrsr
06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
for each applicant .. like 325 for you and yr spouse , 70 each and so on ... personal checks are fine , i read somewhere on this forums only , i guess the user id was indianabacklog .. confirm again pls

yabadaba
06-26-2007, 05:03 PM
mrsr...there is something known as analysis paralysis. When you over analyze a situation..you get stuck and end up asking questions that have little or no value.

I have read the mailroom procedures...and thats what they are.. mailroom procedures....you are not here to make their lives easier... you need to send a professional packet...if you think that a ziplock bag is better than an envelope...go ahead and use it.

mrsr
06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
with ziplock i meant the plain transparent one .. not the fancy ones ... ( i was thinking to put the pic and check in the plain transparent bags and staple them to A4 paper , the other option wld be stapling the white envelops with check and pic..

mrsr...there is something known as analysis paralysis. When you over analyze a situation..you get stuck and end up asking questions that have little or no value.

I have read the mailroom procedures...and thats what they are.. mailroom procedures....you are not here to make their lives easier... you need to send a professional packet...if you think that a ziplock bag is better than an envelope...go ahead and use it.

fromnaija
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
You could write one check to cover all applications in a family pack. However, make sure the check is for the correct amount. Personal check is okay as long as it has your name and address. Third party checks are not accepted.

username007
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
You could write one check to cover all applications in a family pack. However, make sure the check is for the correct amount. Personal check is okay as long as it has your name and address. Third party checks are not be accepted.

Thanks for the reply to you and mrsr.

I have a different address on my check..Do I need to get it changed?

I don't think they are going make a huge difference..?

fromnaija
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I think that is okay. Also remember to write your A# on the check.

Thanks for the reply to you and mrsr.

I have a different address on my check..Do I need to get it changed?

I don't think they are going make a huge difference..?