PDA

View Full Version : How late can I file?

dunkin
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
hi guys,

i have a 485 filing question. i'm on EB2, ready to file for 485. however, i am in india on a family matter and will have to return only for the filing. i know it is "sooner the better", but i am trying to figure out how late i can return to US.

i have read on this forum that dates will retrogress in august. any informed people out there know how likely that is?

also, if i have to make it there in july to file 485, any idea about how long after filing i need to stay in the US before i can return back to india? i mean, any rules which say you cannot travel before such-and-such happens?

thanks in advance, and sorry if the above are dumb questions.

tnite
06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
hi guys,

i have a 485 filing question. i'm on EB2, ready to file for 485. however, i am in india on a family matter and will have to return only for the filing. i know it is "sooner the better", but i am trying to figure out how late i can return to US.

i have read on this forum that dates will retrogress in august. any informed people out there know how likely that is?

also, if i have to make it there in july to file 485, any idea about how long after filing i need to stay in the US before i can return back to india? i mean, any rules which say you cannot travel before such-and-such happens?

thanks in advance, and sorry if the above are dumb questions.
No one can tell you what will happen next month or 2 months from now.The best day to file 485 is July 2nd.

Once USICS receives your app they will send out a document for finger printing.You should take a infopass appt and go to a local USCIS office to be finger printed.
The time frame to receive this document ranges anywhere from a month to 2 or more.