PDA

View Full Version : Shall we all wait and file on a specific date to prevent uscis from rejecting appln

rajakannan
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I understand that there is lot of fear among applicants that USCIS might retrogress the dates interimly sometime in july due to the expected high volume of applications filing in the begining of july.

To minimize the chance of USCIS from taking any such steps, shall we all unite and file the applications on a specific date in july probably on 30th of july? This will accomodate all applicants...so that we shall all be winners and use this opportunity to our advantage instead of competing amongst each other...where only a few will be winners and others will be loosers.

This will also reduce the pressure among applicants , attorneys and doctors.

Can the AILA cooperate? Will there be unity amongst applicants to make this possible??? any ideas ??

yabadaba
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
man.. u sure are an idealist...people dont even donate 25$ on this forum.. u think they will unite and not file???

This is a free for all....any person on this forum will gladly sell the other person if he can to get 1 day advance on the 485 filing

immi2006
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Airlines are facing cancellation flights for July,,,, !

To India from US

ramus
06-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes lets corporate... Let me file first and then you can file it next... Do you think this will work? I really don't understand why everybody is coming with new thred and new idea about filing...Why can't we spend little time on what core member asks us to do.

Member even don't feel like contributing just $50.. You think they will buy this idea.. I don't mean to hurt you but we should do at least something before we expect others to do something.

I understand that there is lot of fear among applicants that USCIS might retrogress the dates interimly sometime in july due to the expected high volume of applications filing in the begining of july.

To minimise the chance of USCIS from taking any such steps, shall we all unite and file the applications on a specific date in july probably on 30th of july? This will accomodate all applicants...so that we shall all be winners and use this opportunity to our advantage instead of competing amongst each other...where only a few will be winners and others will be loosers.

Can the AILA cooperate? Will there be unity amongst applicants to make this possible??? any ideas ??

delhirocks
06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Ha..

GotGC??
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, this is not such a bad idea...basically it's all about give & take - you give and I take :)

Man, are you serious in asking people not file in time when the topic of the day has been the possible retrogression mid-month in July? And that too on a forum where there are more posts about how to save $3.99 on passport photos than on core team pleas about calling the senators??

Ha..

gc_mania_03
06-26-2007, 10:24 PM
The lawyer's office are overwhelmed with applications that they need to address. People are worried whether their respective attorney's will file the papers in time. Keeping that situation is perspective, I dont think this initiative is feasible at all, even if it makes sense to a few...

yabadaba
06-26-2007, 10:30 PM
kumbayaaaaaaaa

mallikonnet
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM
guys this wont work for the people who file through lawyers. lawyers will do at their own pace. good luck if you think it is going to work

eb3_nepa
06-27-2007, 12:47 AM
This is by far THE MOST RIDICULOUS suggestion on this forum I have come across.

Sorry man, this wont work for ANYONE out here. We have been waiting since TWO AND A HALF Years to file and now you want us to wait for 15 more days only to realize that USCIS may actually yank the rug out under us. I mean think about it, we will all feel like MONUMENTAL FOOLS if that happens. Try explaining THAT to your spouse who has been waiting for 2 years or more to apply and get an EAD. I know mine would KILL me if i even suggested that to her ;)

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
lawers can prepare at their own pace but fedex them to reach on Jul 30th.

ramus
06-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't believe you are sticking with same idea.....

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
The lawyer's office are overwhelmed with applications that they need to address. People are worried whether their respective attorney's will file the papers in time. Keeping that situation is perspective, I dont think this initiative is feasible at all, even if it makes sense to a few...

It's for people who are atleast able to file within Jul 30th will give them a guarantee, for others they are unlucky if the lawers delay after jul 30th.

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 09:13 AM
This is by far THE MOST RIDICULOUS suggestion on this forum I have come across.

Sorry man, this wont work for ANYONE out here. We have been waiting since TWO AND A HALF Years to file and now you want us to wait for 15 more days only to realize that USCIS may actually yank the rug out under us. I mean think about it, we will all feel like MONUMENTAL FOOLS if that happens. Try explaining THAT to your spouse who has been waiting for 2 years or more to apply and get an EAD. I know mine would KILL me if i even suggested that to her ;)

Most of us are concerned about short term goal of getting the application to uscis as quickly as possible , but think of the end result of whether your application be accepted if we rush, the uscis can come back and reject at any time from any date as it happened to Eb3-other workers. In any case there is a very good chance that your wife will kill u ;)

payur
06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
You seem to have got your case approved and you have filed your wife's I485, correct me if I am wrong.

What do you say to people who have been waiting from 2002 and 2003 and 2004, as of today there is no difference for person who got labor approved in May 2007 and case with priority date May 2003. For lot of them it has been a frustrating and stressful period, mainly because their spouses have been idle.

How on earth can you come with this idea, see the traffic on this site now, when core IV team was fighting for the retrogression and other benefits for our cause, there were very few. The world is selfish buddy. I wish you good luck on this idea.

gc_check
06-27-2007, 09:17 AM

To minimize the chance of USCIS from taking any such steps, shall we all unite and file the applications on a specific date in july probably on 30th of july? This will accomodate all applicants...so that we shall all be winners and use this opportunity to our advantage instead of competing amongst each other...where only a few will be winners and others will be loosers.

Dude, From your previous posts looks like you have already filed and got your receipt notice.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=87755#post87755
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=80880#post80880

Well, this is not a good idea ... and obviously every one is as anxious as others to get their papers filed on time. This does not make sense at all. I read your posting history and notice your posts with GC approval and also about receipt notice for spouse.

What is goin on with you ?

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
You seem to have got your case approved and you have filed your wife's I485, correct me if I am wrong.

What do you say to people who have been waiting from 2002 and 2003 and 2004, as of today there is no difference for person who got labor approved in May 2007 and case with priority date May 2003. For lot of them it has been a frustrating and stressful period, mainly because their spouses have been idle.

How on earth can you come with this idea, see the traffic on this site now, when core IV team was fighting for the retrogression and other benefits for our cause, there were very few. The world is selfish buddy. I wish you good luck on this idea.

yes i got my case approved .. i was in the same stage for my wife's case last month.if people are just satisfied in just sending the applications on jul 1st without worrying about the application getting accepted .. be my guest ... please rush and apply.

HOPE_GC_SOON
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Rajakannan:

You fall under either of the following two.

Positive thinking: You are a Gandhi

Realistic Thinking: You are smart .

Smart enough to mislead the crowd to postpone, so that you would get atleast yoursdone.

Man: be realistic.. people are waiting for four years like fools,, as of today there is no difference between 2003 Sept PD or 2007 May PD..

I donot even understand, how you can think like this...

Please donot open thiskind of discussion, people have better things to do in life than reading this..

Myself: I donot even waste a single min on this kind of threads, just wanted to request you to be more realistic...

BTW: can you post your PD details...

best wishes.

Most of us are concerned about short term goal of getting the application to uscis as quickly as possible , but think of the end result of whether your application be accepted if we rush, the uscis can come back and reject at any time from any date as it happened to Eb3-other workers. In any case there is a very good chance that your wife will kill u ;)

ramus
06-27-2007, 09:39 AM
If you really looking for long term solution then you should focus on action items that core members asking us to do...Have you done any of these?

members will file 485 whenever they can and whenever they want to. I don't think even single person should buy this idea.

Sorry not mean to hurt you but this is just bad idea.

payur
06-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi Rajakannan:

Smart enough to mislead the crowd to postpone, so that you would get atleast yoursdone.

Man: be realistic.. people are waiting for four years like fools,, as of today there is no difference between 2003 Sept PD or 2007 May PD..

Please donot open thiskind of discussion, people have better things to do in life than reading this..

Myself: I donot even waste a single min on this kind of threads, just wanted to request you to be more realistic...

best wishes.

HOPE_GC_SOON, I would think he is more of Gandhi. See his history, that will answer all :)

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Dude, From your previous posts looks like you have already filed and got your receipt notice.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=87755#post87755
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=80880#post80880

Well, this is not a good idea ... and obviously every one is as anxious as others to get their papers filed on time. This does not make sense at all. I read your posting history and notice your posts with GC approval and also about receipt notice for spouse.

What is goin on with you ?

you should probably correct ur sentence "... and obviously every one is as anxious as others to get their papers (fedexed) filed on time, fedexing it will not alone guarantee your filing.

payur
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
If you really looking for long term solution then you should focus on action items that core members asking us to do...Have you done any of these?

members will file 485 whenever they can and whenever they want to. I don't think even single person should buy this idea.

Sorry not mean to hurt you but this is just bad idea.

Your are fired:)

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi Rajakannan:

best wishes.

I don't have the necessity to postpone I have filed mine long time back. Iam glasd Atleast 40% agrees to my idea who care about others .. i just need 20% more to get the majority :cool: I would appreciate if we can all focus on the real problem rather than individuals.

payur
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
you should probably correct ur sentence "... and obviously every one is as anxious as others to get their papers (fedexed) filed on time, fedexing it will not alone guarantee your filing.

You are having fun. Don't you?

ramus
06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Could you please assign date time for every single member that they should file their application on?
Thanks a lot.

I don't have the necessity to postpone I have filed mine long time back. Iam glasd Atleast 40% agrees to my idea who care about others .. i just need 20% more to get the majority :cool: I would appreciate if we can all focus on the real problem rather than individuals.

nirenjoshi
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
You have already got your case approved. Then why do you mention " ... shall we all unite and file the applications ..." This is like Al Gore wasting energy in his own office and preaching to the world to reduce global warming.

I dont see any merit in your suggestion. Rather to the cynical eye, it all seems sinister.

gc_lover
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Could you please assign date time for every single member that they should file their application on?
Thanks a lot.

:D

dpp
06-27-2007, 11:01 AM

It is not workable option. How can you ask and convince your attorney to wait till the end of month and file. It is really foolishness and stupidity. If something happens, everybody will suffer. So, start sending whenever your docs are ready and good to go. Since we got a month, all filings will be distributed to whole month, and nobody or media cares. If they receive all on a particular one day, then it will be in news unnecessarily. Then, everybody starts hating GC applicants like the way it is happening for H1Bs because of mass filings on Apr 2nd 2007.

So, please don't bring these ideas to forums for your personal benefit. If you are waiting on for some documents to end of next month, just you only wait, not all of us. We want to go and file. Most of us are already waited enough time to get a chance like this.

Happy filing.

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks a lot.

july 30 th everyone for the benefit of all atleast those who can file before july 3oth

rajakannan
06-27-2007, 11:08 AM
It is not workable option. How can you ask and convince your attorney to wait till the end of month and file. It is really foolishness and stupidity. If something happens, everybody will suffer. So, start sending whenever your docs are ready and good to go. Since we got a month, all filings will be distributed to whole month, and nobody or media cares. If they receive all on a particular one day, then it will be in news unnecessarily. Then, everybody starts hating GC applicants like the way it is happening for H1Bs because of mass filings on Apr 2nd 2007.

So, please don't bring these ideas to forums for your personal benefit. If you are waiting on for some documents to end of next month, just you only wait, not all of us. We want to go and file. Most of us are already waited enough time to get a chance like this.

Happy filing.

There is a very good chance that something will happen soon if we rush. if you are smart enough to think that filing on july 1st will guarantee your acceptance, then you are wrong buddy. As per the other threads and discussions from lawers , immigration officers, and info pass applicants that we have seen so far, uscis can change and will probably change the rules of accepting the application if the demand and rush continues. Already we are seeeing 45 days backlog of receipt.

besides lawyers just have to instruct fedex to pickup and deliver it on july 30th, how difficult can it be ?? except they should have little more room to pile up the applications until july 30th :)

gc_maine2
06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Dude If you can't direct people sit tight atleast don't misguide..... the Contribution you can give to IV is atleast close this thread:D :D :D

Thanks.

july 30 th everyone for the benefit of all atleast those who can file before july 3oth

asharda
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
It seems from your previous thread posts... you didn't wait till June 30th to file your wife's application, you filed it on the 6th...

don't preach what you can't follow yourself...

I beg you please close this thread!!! the other's are not agreeing to you, they are just playing along to see how far you can take this crazy idea...

pls get out of here and stop bothering people who are trying to get answers so they can get ready to file thier applications.

gc_lover
06-27-2007, 11:37 AM
There is a very good chance that something will happen soon if we rush. if you are smart enough to think that filing on july 1st will guarantee your acceptance, then you are wrong buddy. As per the other threads and discussions from lawers , immigration officers, and info pass applicants that we have seen so far, uscis can change and will probably change the rules of accepting the application if the demand and rush continues. Already we are seeeing 45 days backlog of receipt.

besides lawyers just have to instruct fedex to pickup and deliver it on july 30th, how difficult can it be ?? except they should have little more room to pile up the applications until july 30th :)

Don't spread rumors! You should know better that people are worried about mid-month retrogression rumor and you are icing that with your silly conclusions from people like you. Not only you are not helping anyone with this thread but you are creating unwanted headache for them. Please stop and wait for your approval, since you have already filed. Do not worry about all of us!

If something is going to happen, like you say, let it happen. There is nothing we can do to stop that and in worst case we won't be albe to file 485. We would still be very happy for you that you had filed and got your GC. Be happy but please stop this nonsense.

ramus
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
I will say we should just ban this guy.. What he says does't make any sense..

rajakannan, can you please contribute to IV.. Let me know what is your thought on this.

ilovestirfries
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM

When I think, you guys have reached the bottom of madness, you keep digging deeper...As such there is enough madness with INS in allowing every tom, dick and harry who filed in 2007 to be on par with those poor souls who have been waiting since 2002/2003/2004...And add to that fact that, you already got approved...And you want those poor souls who waited long enough, to wait for those lucky 2007 filers...Can your suggestion get any madder? :eek:

royus77
06-27-2007, 04:37 PM

rajakannan Nice idea. We should wait another month so that some of our friends who didn't apply the LC will do it immediatly and all of us will file on Aug 29 .....

onemorecame
06-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, this is not such a bad idea...basically it's all about give & take - you give and I take :)

Man, are you serious in asking people not file in time when the topic of the day has been the possible retrogression mid-month in July? And that too on a forum where there are more posts about how to save $3.99 on passport photos than on core team pleas about calling the senators??

Yes you are right, lets stop this thing here and guys please start calling senators.

nitinms
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Yes, everyone will wait and file on July 1st.

priderock
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I understand ...................blah....??? any ideas ??

Yes, I have one :

You missed adding another option in the poll.

Option 3: "This idea is a non-starter, It wont work. "

Why do you care if you had already applied ?
Sorry !! Don't mean to beat the dead horse.

acecupid
06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I guess rajkannan went underground after everyone got on this case... :D

pncool01
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
unity can work -
let us all unite and file on July 2, the first day. those that lag do so by choice.

please don't say people are selfish and will sell you for a buck etc. the point is, people here are being very helpful to each other. thanks for all the great posts here folks. definitely people here are more responsive than my corporate lawyers right now. and they are sharing formats, links, responses from their lawyers etc. i think everyone is happy to help others as long as there is no loss to themselves.

you have to see the incentive structure and then construct the unity argument. people have no incentive to wait. however, they will unite if they have something to gain. that is why forums such as these are popular.

again, thanks everyone for their help and encouragement.

PS - us filing fewer applications probably does not help. as i have posted elsewhere on this forum, USCIS thought that they were unable to use up all the visa numbers for FY 2007. this comes out of the 485 processing they have been doing till date. they are trying to fill up the 485 filing pipe for the next FY and further out. so, if the USCIS folks see enough 485 filings to fill up the next FEW years expected quotas they will shut it down. not sure how many filers that will take.

rajakannan
06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Atleast let's all unite now and file properly ! It seems more imminent that uscis will stop accepting applications. Just rushing and filing will not solve the problem, Read below ,

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

06/27/2007: SPECIAL ALERT: I-485 Cap for FY 2007 Can Be Exhausted Before End of July? Then What Will Happen?

According to the AILA, approximately 40,000 visas remain in all employment-based categories, other than EW, for FY2007, according to its sources, and that the USCIS has far more than 40,000 adjustment applications in the backlog queue that are ready for approval, not to mention the additional numbers which will be consumed in concular immigrant visa processing. It is thus possible that the cap may reach within a short period in July, even though no one can predict it until after July 2, 2007. The USCIS at this time does not have any policy announced with reference to July 2007 I-485 filings which are filed after certain date in July when the total number is exhausted. However, considering the fact that the USCIS currently rejects the "Other Worker" category I-485 applications even though June 2007 Visa Bulletin show current for certain applicants because the "other worker" category quota was exhausted on June 5, 2007. This raises a serious concern because as we reported earlier today, the USCIS appears to be picking up the speed of processing of backlog I-485 applications in anticipation of flood of July 485 applications. The USCIS hands may be tied, should the EB visa numbers for FY 2007 is exhausted before the end of July.
The situation is particularly critical because of the USCIS decision not to accept the I-485 filings without the medical report. AILA demanded leniency but the USCIS reportely refused to accept such demand. Since medical report is "initial evidence" to I-485 filing, under the recent rule change, any I-485 filing with the medical report can be rejected or denied. Reports indicate that there are a huge backlog in scheduling medical examination in most of the areas in the country.

eb3_nepa
06-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Atleast let's all unite now and file properly ! It seems more imminent that uscis will stop accepting applications. Just rushing and filing will not solve the problem, Read below ,

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

06/27/2007: SPECIAL ALERT: I-485 Cap for FY 2007 Can Be Exhausted Before End of July? Then What Will Happen?

According to the AILA, approximately 40,000 visas remain in all employment-based categories, other than EW, for FY2007, according to its sources, and that the USCIS has far more than 40,000 adjustment applications in the backlog queue that are ready for approval, not to mention the additional numbers which will be consumed in concular immigrant visa processing. It is thus possible that the cap may reach within a short period in July, even though no one can predict it until after July 2, 2007. The USCIS at this time does not have any policy announced with reference to July 2007 I-485 filings which are filed after certain date in July when the total number is exhausted. However, considering the fact that the USCIS currently rejects the "Other Worker" category I-485 applications even though June 2007 Visa Bulletin show current for certain applicants because the "other worker" category quota was exhausted on June 5, 2007. This raises a serious concern because as we reported earlier today, the USCIS appears to be picking up the speed of processing of backlog I-485 applications in anticipation of flood of July 485 applications. The USCIS hands may be tied, should the EB visa numbers for FY 2007 is exhausted before the end of July.
The situation is particularly critical because of the USCIS decision not to accept the I-485 filings without the medical report. AILA demanded leniency but the USCIS reportely refused to accept such demand. Since medical report is "initial evidence" to I-485 filing, under the recent rule change, any I-485 filing with the medical report can be rejected or denied. Reports indicate that there are a huge backlog in scheduling medical examination in most of the areas in the country.

EVEN MORE REASON to rush and file before the USCIS stops accepting applications.

rajakannan, you seem to be talking out of ur hat.

alex99
06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi Friends,

what is the best date to mail(Overnight Delivery) the 485 application so that it reaches USCIS on July Second.

Regards,
Alex

rajakannan
06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
if everyone is so confident tht "USCIS has to accept 485 thru JULY 31 no matter what" then why the rush by few to file on july 1st are they selfish and don;t care about others ??, can everyone join together and file on a particular day for the benefi of all ?

ramus
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I asked you question before and I am asking you again, can you please let us know how much do you care about IV.. If you do then can you tell us what have you done till date for IV..

Please answer it now..

if everyone is so confident tht "USCIS has to accept 485 thru JULY 31 no matter what" then why the rush by few to file on july 1st are they selfish and don;t care about others ??, can everyone join together and file on a particular day for the benefi of all ?

payur
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
rajakannan , since you started the thread and you called for this, please tell us the plan and strategy. What do you think will be the best option so we can spread the word?

ramus
06-28-2007, 09:49 PM
rajakannan,
I am still waiting for your reply on this...
Please do not ask member to do what you want...

I asked you question before and I am asking you again, can you please let us know how much do you care about IV.. If you do then can you tell us what have you done till date for IV..

Please answer it now..

payur
06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
rajakannan , since you started the thread and you called for this, please tell us the plan and strategy. What do you think will be the best option so we can spread the word?

come on buddy, we just have 2 more days, we should plan by then. why are you sleeping at this time. you should be working 24 x 7.

acecupid
06-29-2007, 01:22 AM
This thread makes no sense... everyone is out to sell each other out. Why would anyone want to wait. Besides, do you think 100% of applicants are on IV and agree to file late? Utter nonsense... People who have their applications ready should apply on July 1st.:D

srikondoji
06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Forget it . Cut your losses and run.
Nobody will evel listen to your suggestion and top of it your suggestion is at best a piece of comedy.
good luck and come up with another suggestion.:eek:

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I have been resisting reading this thread until now. Had a gut feeling that something with such an idiotic title cannot have anything meaningful. Anyway, just read this and couldn't help rolling on the floor!

So basically this crackpot "rajakannan" files in June and tries to con everyone into applying on July 31st, thus ensuring two things (IMHO):

1. USCIS won't delay sending his EAD and AP due to deluge of I-485 applications.
2. In case the dates retrogress middle of the month (mid-July) due to large volumes of I-485s from people (from other countries or those who don't visit here), then that reduces additional backlog for his case.

Good job, "rajakannan", you have only managed to insult your intelligence by starting this thread. Members/Visitors here have noble intentions and hearts of gold not to wish bad things for your I-485.

Crawl back under your mushroom and don't ever come here again.

Thanks,
Jayant

pappu
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Ok I will file my I1485 only after every immigrant in line gets his/her greencard. Even if it takes 10 years for me I will make that sacrifice. :)

This thread is not helping members. and so it is being closed. Thank you.