PDA

View Full Version : Employement Letter Format - Employer asking :eek:

IV2007
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Guys !

I know this is strange. However it is for my wife who is on H1.

I am filing for I-485 and I read somewhere that we will need employment letter for spouse if he/she is on H1.

So I am looking for any format that we are supposed to get this letter in ?

Please let me know guys.

-shree

breddy2000
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Guys !

I know this is strange. However it is for my wife who is on H1.

I am filing for I-485 and I read somewhere that we will need employment letter for spouse if he/she is on H1.

So I am looking for any format that we are supposed to get this letter in ?

Please let me know guys.

-shree

I had a similar situation and my attorney suggested that it is not required to prove the spouse employment as they have valid H1 and I-94. But I gave my spouse's paystubs and employment letter stating that such and such person has joined the company as "Role" and is a fulll time employee.

Mention salary and benefit details.

It should be like any "wHOM SO eVER IT MAY CONCERN" Type.

But the primary applicant letter need to be according to the format expected by USCIS

deardar
06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Do you have the format ?

tish
06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you have the format ?

my lawyer didn't ask anythinglike that.
he asked my salary and position....no letter..
i dont think it is required..

tnite
06-27-2007, 02:01 PM
my lawyer didn't ask anythinglike that.
he asked my salary and position....no letter..
i dont think it is required..

The letter is mandatory

tish
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
The letter is mandatory

i guess i am wrong then.. may be my lawyer will prepare himself
as my company is paying whole cost then may be they will give
the letter too than..

deardar
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
But in my case, I have to send the format or the draft to my emp and he will sign it, so I just wanted to know the contents and the words that need to be there which the USCIS requires.

tnite
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
But in my case, I have to send the format or the draft to my emp and he will sign it, so I just wanted to know the contents and the words that need to be there which the USCIS requires.

check this forum for more info (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5548)

breddy2000
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Do you have the format ?

<DATE>

US Department of Homeland Security
United States Citizenship and Immigration Service
<your Service Center address>

Re: Permanent Residence of <primary applicant's name>

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that <primary applicant's name> will be employed with us on full time, permanent basis upon receiving approval of his permanent residence application. He will receive an annual salary of no less than <annual salary as per your labor cert, could be more, not less>. His job title will be <job title as per labor cert.>, and he will be performing the following duties:

<As per job description of your labor cert Develop Java, J2EE, Web development, database dev, ETL, C++, and whatever the duties are there list in your labor cert>

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.

Sincerely,

<signature, name and title of authorized person>
<employer name>

IV2007
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you all for replying.