PDA

View Full Version : My lawyer didn't give me I-485 form.

augustus
06-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Dear All,

On the list of things she wanted me to sign. She only gave G-325A form for my husband and I. We signed them and took four copies of it and sent it to her.

Who works on I-485 form? Do the lawyers do it on your behalf? Does it not require even our signatures??? Can someone tell me please?

rameshms
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
If you have an attorney, he/she would fill all the forms (I485, I765, I131, G-325a and G-28) and send them to you for signature and mailing back.

gc_lover
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Dear All,

On the list of things she wanted me to sign. She only gave G-325A form for my husband and I. We signed them and took four copies of it and sent it to her.

Who works on I-485 form? Do the lawyers do it on your behalf? Does it not require even our signatures??? Can someone tell me please?

Yes, you will need the form to sign it. My lawyer filled the form and gave me to sign it.

augustus
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Can the lawyer sign other you? because there seems to be a clause.

Signature of person filing other than above. Is it true?

augustus
06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Please someone help me. I feel I am not being informed properly.

My lawyer just gave G 325 A and is going to file with that information. She has not sent us any other documents for signatures. Is her signature sufficient? What should I expect from her?

fcres
06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
As far as i know you have to sign all the forms and the lawyer shouldn't do it. Thats what he told me.
Why don't you ask your lawyer about the other forms?

gc_lover
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Can the lawyer sign other you? because there seems to be a clause.

If you look at the forms I think there is a place for applicant to sign and also a place for lawyer to sign. Just check with your lawyer and ask him if he needs your signature.

glus
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
U must sign I485 yourself. Attorney can't sign it. Go and talk to him. G325 is only addition to I485

raysaikat
06-27-2007, 01:14 PM

This means that if the applicant (that is, you) did not fill the form, whoever filled the form (i.e., the lawyer) should sign there.

There will be separate space for your signature as well.

You will see the same thing, e.g., in tax forms.

nshantha
06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
You have to sign and send the form, ask your attorney to send the I-485 forms for your signature.

Dear All,