PDA

View Full Version : What is going to be Job Title in Employment letter

IneedAllGreen
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I have an important question that I need to ask here. What is going to be Job title in employment verification letter. For example if I work in company as a Software consultant and H1B states that I am Programmer Analysts and my PERM labor has stated Software Programmer Engineer.

So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.

Thanks
INeedAllGreen

chanduv23
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I have an important question that I need to ask here. What is going to be Job title in employment verification letter. For example if I work in company as a Software consultant and H1B states that I am Programmer Analysts and my PERM labor has stated Software Programmer Engineer.

So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.

Thanks
INeedAllGreen

Use your PERM labor one - thats the safest, I have used that - Attorney signed off saying that is right

IneedAllGreen
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Apreciated your quick response.

Use your PERM labor one - thats the safest, I have used that - Attorney signed off saying that is right

dpp
06-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Thanks
INeedAllGreen

You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".

This is 100% correct.

Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.

But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.

dpp
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Its wrong. Please check with other senior attorney. It is going to be a problem if you used like that.

nixstor
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Its wrong. Please check with other senior attorney. It is going to be a problem if you used like that.

dpp,

I dont know why its wrong for you. sounds very logical to me. Dont bring in the discussion of unnecessary current employment verification. The letter has to state that the employer is willing to hire him as a future employee. NOT RIGHT NOW. So the title has to be the title stated in the PERM/Labor Cert

dpp
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
dpp,

I dont know why its wrong for you. sounds very logical to me. Dont bring in the discussion of unnecessary current employment verification. The letter has to state that the employer is willing to hire him as a future employee. NOT RIGHT NOW. So the title has to be the title stated in the PERM/Labor Cert

Do you know what letters you want for filing I-485 for yourself and spouse?

If not, here it is. Employer needs to give 2 letters,

1) Employment verification letter --- this is from current employment where you are working now
2) Employment offer letter. ---- this is from the future employer who filed your PERM

Please check with others before you comment on my words.

alex99
06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
As far as I know We need only Employment offer letter. And the Designation should match your PERM Labor Certificate.

Sample Format:

DATE

USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.

He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)

It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXX
XXXXXX

pitha
06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
This is a very common issue. Most of the times the HR title and job title and Labor title do not match.

You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".

This is 100% correct.

Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.

But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.

dpp
06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
This is a very common issue. Most of the times the HR title and job title and Labor title do not match.

I know it is a common issue for anybody. But if USCIS goes strictly, then it is a problem.

dpp
06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
As far as I know We need only Employment offer letter. And the Designation should match your PERM Labor Certificate.

Sample Format:

DATE

USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.

He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)

It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXX
XXXXXX

Yes, employment offer letter should have PERM title for sure. Same thing i mentioned in earlier post as well.

but for Employment verification letter, may be not all attorneys asks for it. But most of them ask. And it should have your current H1B/L1 title, if they are asking for this letter.

skothuru
06-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Our Employment Verification Letter States:
We are looking forward to his continued employment with us. --> Is this OK?
Or should it be something like:
We will hold this position open for him until he is ready to fill it upon completion of his permanent resident case.

Plz Advice!!!!