PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions!! pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imconfused
06-28-2007, 09:54 PM
1) My passport expires on 20-Feb-08 and i have to file before 31 july. do i have to get my ppt renewed? i asked my lawyer he says go ahead and renew. problem is i have already completed my medicals and the docs carry the old passport number, so if i renew my passport, i will have another passport number, does this matter?

2) my wife has a drivers license from another state and we have been living in Virginia for more than a year now. should she be gettin a virginia license before applying?

pls help!!!!!

drirshad
06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
U cannot apply for PPS renewal 6 months before expiry so good to apply for 485 with current PP

We do not write driver license info anywhere why do u care to change it .....

n_2006
06-28-2007, 10:08 PM
1) My passport expires on 20-Feb-08 and i have to file before 31 july. do i have to get my ppt renewed? i asked my lawyer he says go ahead and renew. problem is i have already completed my medicals and the docs carry the old passport number, so if i renew my passport, i will have another passport number, does this matter?

2) my wife has a drivers license from another state and we have been living in Virginia for more than a year now. should she be gettin a virginia license before applying?

pls help!!!!!

You can substitue DL with passport first page as ID.

imconfused
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks for the reply man.. i talked to the indian embassy, they are ok with renewing the passport now itself. as far as drivers licencse is concerend, we are supposed to provide INS with photocopies of out license, arent we?

ramaonline
06-28-2007, 10:37 PM
PP renewal can be applied up within a year from expiry of current pp

aristotle
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
thanks for the reply man.. i talked to the indian embassy, they are ok with renewing the passport now itself. as far as drivers licencse is concerend, we are supposed to provide INS with photocopies of out license, arent we?

No, DL copies are not necessary.

diptam
06-28-2007, 10:56 PM
My PP is expiring Mar 31 2008 ... I renewed that June 15th 2007 at NY...

I paid emergency fee of 90 dollars (on top of 50) so they returned PP on same day...

U cannot apply for PPS renewal 6 months before expiry so good to apply for 485 with current PP

We do not write driver license info anywhere why do u care to change it .....

PD_Dec2002
06-28-2007, 10:56 PM

pls help!!!!!

You don't need copies of your driving licence for your I-485.

But it is VA state law that you have to switch to a VA driving license within 30 days of moving into VA. If your wife was to get ticketed, she would have to pay a hefty penalty for not applying for VA driving licence. Correct this as soon as you are done with your I-485.

Thanks,
Jayant