PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Congressman's Office for Inquiry

seekerofpeace
09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Folks,

Here is the same old Cockney reply from TSC on inquiry for my wife's case through my area congressman:

TSC is currently processing I-485 visas based on filing date order. There are a large amount of cases that are being worked and your case will be worked in receipt date order. With the limited amount of visas that are currently available between now and September 30, 2009, there is no guarantee that your case can be completed before the end of FY2009. It is estimated, that in general, your case will be completed between 45 and 90 days.

Thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions regarding this case.

Obviously that logic is bull crap, otherwise I also won't have been approved. We have the same receipt date and everything...........I guess there is so much we can do....

SoP

caliguy
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
SOP - that is exactly the same reply I got. My PD is June 04, RD is 07/02/07, Notice Date is 08/24/07.

Yes, there is not much we can do except for keeping our fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I think visa numbers are exhausted for September. Let's hope October will bring some good news for us.

Folks,

Here is the same old Cockney reply from TSC on inquiry for my wife's case through my area congressman:

TSC is currently processing I-485 visas based on filing date order. There are a large amount of cases that are being worked and your case will be worked in receipt date order. With the limited amount of visas that are currently available between now and September 30, 2009, there is no guarantee that your case can be completed before the end of FY2009. It is estimated, that in general, your case will be completed between 45 and 90 days.

Thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions regarding this case.

Obviously that logic is bull crap, otherwise I also won't have been approved. We have the same receipt date and everything...........I guess there is so much we can do....

SoP

seekerofpeace
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Caliguy,
It is interesting......why does congressman/senatorial inquiry works for some and not for some. What can we do differently. I sent out a "Thanks...but no thanks" email back to Congressman's office.

I mentioned that I expected that a congressman's inquiry will at least make TSC to look into the case and do a due diligence but not throw the same reply that they'd to individual inquiry.

There is a saying in Hindi...

"Jab kismat hi hai gandu to kya karega pandu"

Hang in there..........

SoP

kpchal2
09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
i dont think the congressional call will help us. all they will do - the congressman's office is just talk to them on our behalf and give us the information. that is what i gathered from them. but there is no harm in trying it out as long as we dont have a problem attributing our luck to the congressman's efficiency (god only knows if their calling might have helped or on second thoughts may be even god doesnt know - come on it is uscis - they always amaze any one and everyone)

caliguy
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
kpchal2 & seekerofpeace - I have run out of ideas now.

While we wait for October 1st (assuming visa numbers are over), what can be done in the next 13 days?

I am checking with different attorneys, and might change from my current attorney as he is totally useless. He opened a SR for me, and everytime I call him, he tells me to wait for 30 days.

I have taken Infopass, met the local senator, opened SR and nothing worked. Any ideas on what can be done next?

seekerofpeace
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I think we physically need to go to the adjudication center...wait at the gate do a bhuk hartaal or the sort to get our cases cleared.

I am pretty positive that SR/Infopass/Congressman/Senator are coincidences....it should not work all the time otherwise you and I would have been approved too...

I am told different things everytime I call them .....

It is hopeless since I am sure the October bulletin will put the EB-2I for November to U or early 2000s as there are hardly any visa numbers per the country cap quota...and then you need to wait till Sept 2010 for any luck.....

SoP

sdrblr
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
I guess it depends on how powerful and influential the congressmen are and whether they are on the immigration or finance committee :)

Caliguy,
why does congressman/senatorial inquiry works for some and not for some. What can we do differently. I sent out a "Thanks...but no thanks" email back to Congressman's office.
SoP

jsb
09-17-2009, 05:46 PM
kpchal2 & seekerofpeace - I have run out of ideas now.

While we wait for October 1st (assuming visa numbers are over), what can be done in the next 13 days?

I am checking with different attorneys, and might change from my current attorney as he is totally useless. He opened a SR for me, and everytime I call him, he tells me to wait for 30 days.

I have taken Infopass, met the local senator, opened SR and nothing worked. Any ideas on what can be done next?

I went through this last year in August and September. Nothing happened, instead I got a reply in October (by that time my PD was not current), telling me that my PD was not current. They entirely ignored what I had expressed. Nothing can be done to bring results in 13 days. In any case, visas may have already exhausted, however, new visas will be available in October, so there is some hope.

Why cases seemingly work in random?

(i) Work is given out in lots. For example cases 1-100 are given to A, and 101-200 to B. Both begin to work at the same time. Cases 101 gets processed much earlier than case 100. It is possible that by the time case 90 is touched, all visas are gone, so cases 91-100 are left high and dry.
(ii) Receipt date is controvercial. Centers don't care when USCIS got your case. Each center cares when they (the centers) got the case. So for them, receive date is when the center received (which means opened and entered) your case. That's why true receive date is close to ND.
(iii) IO working on a lot suddenly falls sick, and goes away leaving his lot at his desk. Visas are used by other IO's
(iv) A file slipped out to behind the desk, and the case remains pending for a very long time.
(v)...

caliguy
09-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes, at this point, my fear is that my file is missing or just sitting somewhere and collecting dust. I have not seen a status update since September 2007 on my case. I filed AC 21 last year, and did not see any LUD at that time. The only LUD after September 2007 that I had was this year, this was when I applied for AP and EAD renewal.

I am going to be asking my attorney to send an email to TSC streamline procedure, and will also submit a problem with CIS Ombudsman. That is what my plan is for the next 13 days.

Other than that, I am not sure what can be done. Will writing to the first lady help? I dont want to get the same standard answer that we got when the local senator send an inquiry.

I agree, I think EB2 will retrogess when October bulletin comes out. We will then have to wait until September 2010.

Come september 2010, we will start from scratch again and will hear the same thing - wait 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc....

Hang in there, is all I can say!!

seekerofpeace
09-17-2009, 06:02 PM
JSB,
You may be right. But with your logic all these talk about opening an SR, getting an infopass and blah blah is not right then. We have polls here on what worked....that's what i was telling it is too much of a coincidence. Opening an SR won't make a sick IO healthy and come back to work..taking an infopass won't bring a dropped out file back in the pile...talking to senators and congressman are useless anyways....

So bottomline is all this talk about what works or not is a pure guess and nothing else....USCIS has always been a black box and will always be..

SoP

geesee
09-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I got below response on 15th to my SR created on 9th Sept..

The status of this service request is:

USCIS is aware that according to the Department of State?s Visa
Bulletin, there appear to be visas available however there has been an
extremely large volume of case requiring visas. A visa may or may not
be currently available for you, however if there is a visa available
for your case, those cases are being assigned to officers and are
being processed in date order. If you do not receive a decision or
other notice of action from us within 30 days of the date of this
letter you may place another inquiry after that period of time has
elapsed.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer
Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

:( All this time I wasnt worried too much about my GC... but now when both my priority and processing dates are current, I am getting very anxious... Its so frustrating not to see any email from CRIS for the whole day, not to see any LUD, not to get anything from CSR.... :( Why, GOD why? :( :( :(

seekerofpeace
09-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Geesee,
I totally understand.....they have set format of replies and they just keep on sending that as replies to SR...I doubt they even open a case or try to know the status of a case.

All the problems rose from opening the flood gates for all to apply in July 2007 and that simply created a bottleneck in the whole system and it prioritized receipt date of I-485 over the PD of labor filing.....

SoP

GCNirvana007
09-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Folks,

SoP

SOP - Tell your congressman you got approved with the same day as your spouse and there are people who got approved in the later dates as well. Ask them to follow up with USCIS with the same. If not since USCIS has sent this info in written, tell them you will take legal action, if this is the reason.

gveerab
09-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below .....

Looks like they have few set of replies and randomly selecting and sending those replied.

SOP - Tell your congressman you got approved with the same day as your spouse and there are people who got approved in the later dates as well. Ask them to follow up with USCIS with the same. If not since USCIS has sent this info in written, tell them you will take legal action, if this is the reason.

GCNirvana007
09-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below .....

Looks like they have few set of replies and randomly selecting and sending those replied.

Ask them the detail of so called additional review through your congressman and you cant miss this window and the crap they are doing. Contact your local rep asap.

gveerab
09-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Thank you very much for your suggestion GCNirvana007, I will contact my congressman and ask them to inquire.

Ask them the detail of so called additional review through your congressman and you cant miss this window and the crap they are doing. Contact your local rep asap.

jsb
09-18-2009, 09:36 AM
JSB,
You may be right. But with your logic all these talk about opening an SR, getting an infopass and blah blah is not right then. We have polls here on what worked....that's what i was telling it is too much of a coincidence. Opening an SR won't make a sick IO healthy and come back to work..taking an infopass won't bring a dropped out file back in the pile...talking to senators and congressman are useless anyways....

So bottomline is all this talk about what works or not is a pure guess and nothing else....USCIS has always been a black box and will always be..

SoP

Yes, one should use whatever means possible, SR/Infopass/Ombudsman may result in pulling out a case hidden somewhere. Note that it is Paper World. Sequence of handling cases is in order of physical files, which, as they claim, are sequenced in receiving date (by the centers) order. They want it to keep it as a blackbox, as that helps them by not exposing their inefficiency.

seekerofpeace
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
GCN007,
Here is what I replied to the congressman's inquiry mail:

Thanks for your help.

But as it is evident from the mail...they are not at all sincere in their reply. If receipt date is the issue then I won't have been approved either and nor would hundreds of my friends and colleagues who have got approved having receipt dates after me. Also our receipt date is July 23rd 2007 as is in the receipt notice from TSC and TSC is currently processing Mid -August. So TSC is not even looking at her case and just sending you a standard reply. This is the same reply that I received on opening a service request at TSC, I had hopes that they would treat inquiry from Congressman's office with more due diligence.

All I need to know is what is holding her approval and if anything we can do to fix. I have got that" to wait 90 day' reply last year also. Let's see what they have to tell about the FP/Biometrics.

Problem is I can't even leave the country without the green card now that I am approved but god knows when I will get that...All my colleagues at work have got their physical cards for their entire family in mail and that's what hurting me about the inconsistency of the way they treat applications.

The Congressman's office were decent enough to reply:

I understand your point. Letís see what TSC comes back with on my fingerprint question.

I am not sure if I can contact any other congressman, someone like BFrank I guess has more influence but he does not represent my county.

Yesterday, I sent mails to the President and Janet Napolitano....Futile of course...but I feel better that at least I did my part....

SoP

PeacenGreen
09-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello Folks,

My employer is based out of New Jersey, But I am currently working at a client location in Arizona. I have opened an SR recently & I also want to inquire through congressman.

My question is in which state should I have to contact the congressman - NJ or AZ ? Or it doesn't matter. Please help.

EB-2, TSC, Priority Date 12/2004
I-140 approved
I-485 filed Aug '07
RD: 08/13/2007
ND: 10/13/2007

rpat1968
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM
you are a resident of AZ so contact senator or congressman for Az.
Hello Folks,

My employer is based out of New Jersey, But I am currently working at a client location in Arizona. I have opened an SR recently & I also want to inquire through congressman.

My question is in which state should I have to contact the congressman - NJ or AZ ? Or it doesn't matter. Please help.

EB-2, TSC, Priority Date 12/2004
I-140 approved
I-485 filed Aug '07
RD: 08/13/2007
ND: 10/13/2007

seekerofpeace
09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Folks,
It is worth trying but from my experience over the last 3 years of contacting congressman's office....it really is not that important.....I have heard that the congressman needs to be influential et al...that's nonsense...the congressman never gets to read ur mail...it goes to an immigration person mostly a junior staff member and he does what lawyers do thru AILA to get info on the case...they can neither expedite a case nor get valuable information for you...
Regards,
SoP