PDA

View Full Version : Salary on the Employment letter and Labour Cert

deardar
06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
When I submit the letter from the employer in the 485 package, should the salary and the job title be the same specified in the Labour Certification ?
or can it be a little more than the prevailing wages and a different job title ?

Thanks

glus
06-29-2007, 08:59 AM
If you salary is less than the prevailing wage, the letter should say that you will be paid at least the prevailing wage once GC is granted.

arunkotte
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Just mention that your currently employed there, and indicate the job title and the salary you will be paid when 485 is approved.

deardar
06-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Salary is more than the prevailing wages. So shall I put in the salary that I am drawing now ?

What about the Job title ?

glus
06-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, you can. If the position you have now is the one you were sponsored for, then, you go ahead and show it in the letter. If, on the other hand, the position you have now is different than the one you advertised for, then the letter should say that the position specified in the labor and I140 is still available for you and that you will be paid at least the prevailing wage once the GC is granted.

Example:

this letter servers as verification of Mr. xxxx employment with xxxx company. Mr. xxx positon is of a xxxx, and his annual salary is $1,000,000.00 (you wish :-)) ) The position of xxxxxx is still available for him. We intend to continue the pernament residency application for him at this time according to all the terms and conditions specified in the approved labor certification, including the prevaling wage rate of pay......

deardar
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
ok thanks

djjango123
06-29-2007, 10:57 AM
My salary increase of about 25K/year due to carreer increments of post bachelors degree education credits but still the same postion. Is there gonna be a problem? I 'm still performing the same position stated in the labor petition as a school teacher.