PDA

View Full Version : Does RFE mean that the name check is cleared?

GreenCard_Soon
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi guys !

I have been in the queue since May 2002. My I-140 and I-485 was filed around May 2005. Got the I-140 approval in September 2005. Since then I have been stuck in retrogression. Had the first fingerprinting done around July 2005.

Once my priority date of May 22 2002 became current last month, I received an RFE request for birth certificate (the attorney sent out a poor copy) and a discrepancy of mother's maiden and married name. We just sent out the response to the RFE. The last email status update I got from USCIC was that they have received the RFE response and have started processing my case again.

My question is that since I received an RFE since the date became current, does it mean that they have already cleared my FBI name checks ? Do they keep working on RFEs if a case is stuck in FBI name check queue?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this ?

Been with IV since the start, just not a very active member :) . I would really appreciate any help from the gurus out here.

Thanks !

Contributed so far : $100.

GreenCard_Soon
06-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Anyone ? Is anyone out there in the same situation and wondering the same question?

Gurus, there has to be someone in this vast pool of knowledge who has some idea of how it goes.

I understand that a lot of effort here is now being spent on filing for I-485s with the dates being current and with the additional news we are hearing about USCIS stopping applications. I have been there before in lots of similar situations. And I know how much it frustrates us.

Still, I hope someone could take some time and answer my question or provide their thoughts. I am sure there are a lot of people who are wondering the same thing as me and responses here will help a lot of us.

Thanks !

gimme Green!!
06-30-2007, 02:43 PM
that atleast a pair of eyes have fell on your aplication!!

Anyone ? Is anyone out there in the same situation and wondering the same question?

Gurus, there has to be someone in this vast pool of knowledge who has some idea of how it goes.

I understand that a lot of effort here is now being spent on filing for I-485s with the dates being current and with the additional news we are hearing about USCIS stopping applications. I have been there before in lots of similar situations. And I know how much it frustrates us.

Still, I hope someone could take some time and answer my question or provide their thoughts. I am sure there are a lot of people who are wondering the same thing as me and responses here will help a lot of us.

Thanks !