PDA

View Full Version : What will happen on July 2 or July 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ramhs
06-28-2007, 10:56 PM
My attorney is planning to send out the paperwork on June 29 to reach by monday july 2nd , is there any problem to this, is there any risk involved in sending on 29th, is anybody else doing this ? Please respond, this is urgent.

PD_Dec2002
06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
My attorney is planning to send out the paperwork on June 29 to reach by monday july 2nd , is there any problem to this, is there any risk involved in sending on 29th, is anybody else doing this ? Please respond, this is urgent.

So long as you make sure that USPS or the courier does not deliver it before July 2nd, I don't see any problem.

Thanks,
Jayant

skynet2500
06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
My lawyer said he will mail it tomorrow. He told me that it would reach on 2'nd. He is using FedEx

ramhs
06-29-2007, 12:02 AM
My lawyer also uses fedex, I dont think fedex delivers on saturday so I guess I am fine , right ? (Unless fedex guy goes out of his way and delivers on saturday to improve his performance!!)

legal_la
06-29-2007, 12:48 AM
My lawyer also uses fedex, I dont think fedex delivers on saturday so I guess I am fine , right ? (Unless fedex guy goes out of his way and delivers on saturday to improve his performance!!)

Yes you are fine as long as he does not choose saturday delivery, which is very highly unlikely, and I guess he might be aware that the application should reach only on or after 1st july.

test101
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I aske my lawyer to send the document on june 29th so it will reach july -1st or second. what happen if the USCIS recieve the document on july 1st?

qvadis
06-29-2007, 12:54 AM
I aske my lawyer to send the document on june 29th so it will reach july -1st or second. what happen if the USCIS recieve the document on july 1st?

I don't think there will be anyone there Saturday or Sunday. FedEx, UPS, and USPS also don't deliver Sundays, and usually not on Saturdays, either.

arunkotte
06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Which address are you guys using? Coz FedEx won`t ship to PO box. I am confused??

ramhs
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Guys, Are we sure that Fedex will not deliver on saturday or sunday, what will happen if they deliver, nobody will be at USCIS to accept right, so it will still be opened only on monday ?

royus77
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Guys, Are we sure that Fedex will not deliver on saturday or sunday, what will happen if they deliver, nobody will be at USCIS to accept right, so it will still be opened only on monday ?

IUnless id you selected Saturday delivery as special service Fedex wont deliver it on saturday . USICS is sure closed on saturday unless the mail room guy wants some overtime( assume he was a contractor as USICS is employing more contractor these days for the sorting work) and comes on saturday

aquarianf
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM

I read somewhere in the forum that one guy contacted USCIS regarding I-140 PP and he was told by USCIS representative that they honor Postmark date. If USCIS honors Postmark date not the receive date they one must be careful sending application on June 29th.
Edit/Delete Message

Hewa
06-29-2007, 03:11 PM
If USCIS mail room is closed fedex will probably re-attempt to deliver the next business day.

royus77
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I read somewhere in the forum that one guy contacted USCIS regarding I-140 PP and he was told by USCIS representative that they honor Postmark date. If USCIS honors Postmark date not the receive date they one must be careful sending application on June 29th.
Edit/Delete Message

I think the classis example of April 1 2007 . If that was true USICS might have to reject 1,30,0000 petitions .Received date is important .

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
If your PD is current for the July bulletin, then your application has to reach on July 2nd which is a Monday.

If your application was to reach on Saturday, June 30, and if the mail room guy is working overtime (assuming that the hell has frozen over), then your application will be sent back soon enough. Of course, the mail room guy is not going to open it on the same day; he/she is only going to stamp the date. And then when they really open it (2, 3, 4 weeks from now), they will send it back to you.

If your application was to reach on Sunday, July 1st, and if the mail room guy is working overtime (assuming that the hell has frozen over AGAIN), then your application will be accepted.

But if either of the two things above happen, I am not sure that GC is going to be my priority since hell would have frozen over...and I believe that's where we currently are stuck! :-)

So just take a chill pill, guys, your lawyer should know that the application should reach between Monday, July 2nd and Tuesday, July 31st. The end date can change once the August bulletin comes out.

Thanks,
Jayant

Gowtham Nalluri
06-29-2007, 04:31 PM
My lawyer's office said they are not going to take any chance and mailing all the applications (that are ready to go) on monday morning.

STAmisha
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

6/29/2007: EB-Visa Number Retrogression?

* There is a rumor going around that the State Department will issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007 next Monday (July 2) or Tuesday (July 3) and that it may show retrogression of some or all EB categories, very likely to the point of unavailable for the month of July! Please stay tuned.

IneedAllGreen
06-29-2007, 04:42 PM
I think Matthew Oh should closed his site to do some actual work.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

6/29/2007: EB-Visa Number Retrogression?

* There is a rumor going around that the State Department will issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007 next Monday (July 2) or Tuesday (July 3) and that it may show retrogression of some or all EB categories, very likely to the point of unavailable for the month of July! Please stay tuned.

STAmisha
06-29-2007, 04:42 PM
i hOPE IT IS JUST A RUMORR

babu123
06-29-2007, 04:44 PM
He said it is a rumor right :-)

ksircar
06-29-2007, 04:46 PM
May be trying to increase hits their website.

STAmisha
06-29-2007, 04:47 PM
lOOKS LIKE IT. He tells something sensational and back tracks it

Legal
06-29-2007, 04:51 PM
If your PD is current for the July bulletin, then your application has to reach on July 2nd which is a Monday.

If your application was to reach on Saturday, June 30, and if the mail room guy is working overtime (assuming that the hell has frozen over), then your application will be sent back soon enough. Of course, the mail room guy is not going to open it on the same day; he/she is only going to stamp the date. And then when they really open it (2, 3, 4 weeks from now), they will send it back to you.
If your application was to reach on Sunday, July 1st, and if the mail room guy is working overtime (assuming that the hell has frozen over AGAIN), then your application will be accepted.

But if either of the two things above happen, I am not sure that GC is going to be my priority since hell would have frozen over...and I believe that's where we currently are stuck! :-)

So just take a chill pill, guys, your lawyer should know that the application should reach between Monday, July 2nd and Tuesday, July 31st. The end date can change once the August bulletin comes out.

Thanks,
Jayant

Better to mail on Saturday and have it delivered on Monday.

priderock
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I think Matthew Oh should closed his site to do some actual work.

Why kill the messenger ?? Yesterday when the possibility of mid month retrogression was brought up every one said it is nonsense. Now every one seems to be accepting and reconciling to the fact that there is a possibility that mid month retrogression might happen.

Give it a day and see as it unfolds. Although I hope this is NOT TRUE , I will not be surprised if this is TRUE. It is better we know about it in advance, how depressing this might be, than caught by surprise.

Raju
06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like we are heading towards a nail biting finish here:( :confused: :mad: :o :rolleyes: :eek:

diqingshen
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I am not a member.

vgc
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Update on July Visa Availability (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=12666)

We are hearing from multiple sources that, on Monday or Tuesday of next week, State Department plans to issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. AILA Doc. No. 07062973.

ys2jax
06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
www.aila.org
has a link "Update on July Visa Availability"
but only members can access it.

GCard_Dream
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh's website is like a thanks giving store sale. Stores advertise super duper low prices for stuff and when you get there, they will just say that the item is sold out. They only keep handful in the inventory so the first few who camped out overnight will get it and rest will get frustration. The main idea is to bring people in the store so that they will buy other stuff while they are there.

Oh also uses the same tactic. He just announces sensational news all the time so people keep visiting his web site and more often than not, he'll just go back and retract the statement. The idea is not to share the news but to keep the traffic coming on his website for spicy breaking news and some might end up becoming his client.

I say the trick works. Even though I know that not everything he says can be trusted, I still visit his website to see if he has any new rumor. Go figure.

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
if this rumor is true....then DAMN this GC.....!!!!!!!!!!!

priderock
06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh's website is like a thanks giving store sale. Stores advertise super duper low prices for stuff and when you get there, they will just say that the item is sold out. They only keep handful in the inventory so the first few who camped out overnight will get it and rest will get frustration. The main idea is to bring people in the store so that they will buy other stuff where they are there.

Oh also uses the same tactic. He just announces sensational news all the time so people keep visiting his web site and more often than not, he'll just go back and retract the statement. The idea is not to share news but to keep the traffic coming on his website and some might end up becoming his client.

I say the trick works. Even though I know that not everything he says can be trusted, I still visit his website to see if he has any new rumor.

May not be a rumor any more :(

glamzon
06-29-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/alerts/july_2007_visa_bulletin_revision.htm

check this .

kumar_77
06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
We are hearing from multiple sources that, on Monday or Tuesday of next week, State Department plans to issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. This revised Bulletin would retrogress some or all of the employment-based categories, very likely to the point of unavailable. Reports from AILA members about unusual levels and types of activities by USCIS indicate a particular push to adjudicate employment-based adjustments currently in the pipeline so as to exhaust visa numbers for fiscal year 2007.

This follows the actions of USCIS in June, when it began rejecting EB-3 "Other Worker" adjustment applications even though the Visa Bulletin showed an October 2001 cut-off date, on the basis that the "Other Worker" numbers for the year had been exhausted:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

royus77
06-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Looks like we are Doooooooooooooooooooooooomed one more time

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Since the CIR failed, I think they don't need the $4.4 billion for border security anymore. Just a thought/

radhay
06-29-2007, 05:08 PM
same thing from my law firrm..

"I have received the following update from the American Immigration
Lawyers Assoc. regarding the July quota:

Update on July Visa Availability

We are hearing from multiple sources that, on Monday or Tuesday of next
week, State Department plans to issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July
2007. This revised Bulletin would retrogress some or all of the
employment-based categories, very likely to the point of unavailable.
Reports from AILA members about unusual levels and types of activities
by USCIS indicate a particular push to adjudicate employment-based
adjustments currently in the pipeline so as to exhaust visa numbers for
fiscal year 2007.

This follows the actions of USCIS in June, when it began rejecting EB-3
"Other Worker" adjustment applications even though the Visa Bulletin
showed an October 2001 cut-off date, on the basis that the "Other
Worker" numbers for the year had been exhausted."

What the heck?????

diqingshen
06-29-2007, 05:09 PM
hundreds, thousands of dollars to prepare for the filing. What the fuck is this?

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
This is purely cruel and torturous. I only hope this remains a rumor at best and that this is the brainchild of someone in the State Department with a twisted sense of humor.

Thanks,
Jayant

manderson
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
hundreds, thousands of dollars to prepare for the filing. What the fuck is this?

... then I don't know what does!!!!!

Raju
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
This is like playing with people's minds. I really dont care at this point if I get my GC or not. I hope people who create this kind of havoc die a rotten death.:mad:

abhijitp
06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
my lawyer's office just called me saying they would want to file ASAP, for which they want my signatures tomorrow. I met her an hour ago, when she was saying things like "hopefully by next week".

So whether or not this is a rumour, it sure has clicked the panic button for lawyers too!

If this is true, it is unimaginably bad. (Personally I still think it won't happen till end of July.)

test101
06-29-2007, 05:14 PM
This does not make sence at all. Why the USCIS would make visa number current then retrogress again? I do not think they make all visa current and not expect a flood of applications. .
I do not thisn that the USCIS did not plan for this. This does not make sense?Did this ever happen before?

royus77
06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
my lawyer's office just called me saying they would want to file ASAP, for which they want my signatures tomorrow. I met her an hour ago, when she was saying things like "hopefully by next week".

So whether or not this is a rumour, it sure has clicked the panic button for lawyers too!

If this is true, it is unimaginably bad. (Personally I still think it won't happen till end of July.)

It may true ....if that was reported in aila.org means all lawers will be in Panic now ....

GCapplicant
06-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Damn this green card-If its true-What are they thinking screwing our lives-torture-saddistic I hate this man-thats the limit-all these years we wait-they have no word of honour-selfish cruel people.

Back home we spend so much for our govt for our own education -here no respect for us-I feel really hurted this time-Staying at home in H4 is a torture-

SDdesi
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Indeed there is a link on www.aila.org but its only accessible to members. However, get this - the link says - "Update on July Visa Availability" - which going by the rumors has to be bad news.....

This is a very sick joke on all the people waiting in line....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EB3Victim
06-29-2007, 05:19 PM
We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time.

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Guys - if u havent been paying attention, this discussion have been ON since yesterday as reported in many threads.....Thisis not new....
If it happens we will start sagain to get a Relief Bill passed in Congress....IV go!! Get 'em

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Just got off the phone after speaking to my lawyer. In legalese talk (aka CYA), he said he can't comment on rumors. When I mentioned that this is posted on AILA, he reiterated that he can't comment on news/rumors unless it's posted on his firm's Web site.

And he also said no one in his firm is working this weekend to send in all applications on Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Thanks,
Jayant

Honda
06-29-2007, 05:23 PM
July Visa Bulletin to be revised?

Please be advised that AILA, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, has just released the following announcement.

"We are hearing from multiple sources that, on Monday or Tuesday of next week, State Department plans to issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. This revised Bulletin would retrogress some or all of the employment-based categories, very likely to the point of unavailable. Reports from AILA members about unusual levels and types of activities by USCIS indicate a particular push to adjudicate employment-based adjustments currently in the pipeline so as to exhaust visa numbers for fiscal year 2007.

This follows the actions of USCIS in June, when it began rejecting EB-3 "Other Worker" adjustment applications even though the Visa Bulletin showed an October 2001 cut-off date, on the basis that the "Other Worker" numbers for the year had been exhausted.”

If this is accurate, Adjustment of Status cases (I-485 cases) filed in July will all be rejected and returned to us and no AOS (I-485 cases) could be filed in July. It would also effectively cancel all Immigrant Visa appointments at US Consulates. We will provide further updates as they become available.

Keep up with the latest Immigration News by signing up for all of Hammond Law Group LLC's free publications:

Immigration Alerts, Medical Monthly Monitor and Business Immigration Quarterly.

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time.

This is so ridiculous....these OH Law Firm lawyers have to be kidding! Who postpones/suspends work based on rumors? I would get fired from my job if I stopped coding just because there was a rumor that the release date was being postponed!!!!

Thanks,
Jayant

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 05:26 PM
My Guess is , It is a rumour . since the USCIS suspended the I -140 Premium Service for the month of july . It clearly indicates they are aware of the I -485 filings from July 1st and do not want to promise I- 140 decision in 15 days during July .

Just my 2 cents
How about - they are expecting so many application 140 plus 485...that THEY DO NOT WANT TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION AT ALL...like always - THEY WILL SIT and EAT BURGERS and dont WANT TO DO ANY WORK...nothing new here folks...

glamzon
06-29-2007, 05:26 PM
My Guess is , It is a rumour . since the USCIS suspended the I -140 Premium Service for the month of july . It clearly indicates they are aware/expecting many of the I -485 filings from July 1st and do not want to promise I- 140 decision in 15 days during July .

syzygy
06-29-2007, 05:27 PM
This is height of torture and inhumna treatment in world's most advanced country. On top of it, it is torture of most educate class Wow !

This is so ridiculous....these OH Law Firm lawyers have to be kidding! Who postpones/suspends work based on rumors? I would get fired from my job if I stopped coding just because there was a rumor that the release date was being postponed!!!!

Thanks,
Jayant

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 05:27 PM
How about, they are expecting so many application 140 plus 485...that THEY DO NOT WANT TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION...like always - THEY WILL SIT and EAT BURGERS and dont WANT TO DO ANY WORK...nothing new here folks...

I understand your frustration, but easy there Jonty. To blindly accuse of someone of not doing their work is not good. Again I understand the frustration but we need to go easy on the criticisim.

mihird
06-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Damn this green card-If its true-What are they thinking screwing our lives-torture-saddistic I hate this man-thats the limit-all these years we wait-they have no word of honour-selfish cruel people.

I always thought, the system was fair, it was only the overwhelming numbers of immigrants from certain countries that made it look unfair....but the closer I get to the stage where DOS decisions start impacting me, the more I realize that the system is not fair at all. The game of visa numbers and allocations is driven by white house politics alone...DOS being the spokesperson for the politics. Essentially the white house is directly throttling immigration through the DOS...on its own whims and fancy.

I wouldn't say they are cruel, but they are certainly selfish..and are bent on sucking the blood of would be immigrants/working non-immigrants...the best way to prevent this from happening is to not come here....let the Indians/Chinese completely stop coming here on H1s/L1s and then we'll see how far can America fly...

Back home we spend so much for our govt for our own education -here no respect for us-I feel really hurted this time-Staying at home in H4 is a torture-

So, what made you import yourself here? You could have stayed back in your own country..by the way, coming on a H4 was a choice..it wasn't forced upon you...didn't you know before coming here that you would have to stay home on a H4? H4->F1, H4->H1...all these options are always open to you..

nixstor
06-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Here is why it will not happen on the first 3 or 4 days atleast.

This is not like H1B, which was hyped around for 2 months and forced every one to file on Apr 1st. More over it has a cap of 65k on it.

The most imp thing is there must be some rationale or logic (other than for fees etc) behind how they could make every category current. Some of you might know that DOS gives USCIS visa numbers quarterly. It means that the final quarter quota has not opened yet. The final quarter quota for EB1/2/3 is around 22000 (approx 7500X3). The EB5 leftovers ( conservatively 9000 , see 2006 stats) will also be added to the EB1 and possibly down to EB2/3 . The total number of visas that will be available to USCIS on Jul 2nd (first fiscal day of final quarter)is 31-33,000. The per country limits are relaxed in the final quarter so that unused go to the over subscribed countries.

DOS has to be utterly dumb, insane and ludacris to make every category current, if these 33K are the only numbers available. If DOS and USCIS has statistics for the first 3 quarters ( first 2 quarters + 2 months of 3rd quarter) telling that all the visa numbers released were in the previous quarters were consumed 100%, they would not make it current. That kinda tells us that the numbers allocated in the first 3 quarters were severely under utilized. How severely? No one knows as DOS does not do per quarter statistics.

More over, If its written into law that DOS can only issue VB once per month, and cannot update it during the month, they cannot do a damn thing. If it's not, it comes down to the implementation and interpretation of the agency. USCIS and DOS can release an updated bulletin if they get an over whelming filings for EB 485. Again, there is not enough time for USCIS/DOS to prepare like they did for H1, because the rumor has been out for 4 or 5 days. It might happen in the 2nd week or so if its not written into law.

The sad part is lawyers who are supposed to give concrete information are driving these insane rumors and the beneficiaries are going crazy. Looks like some lawyers have to understand that "Some key strokes can cause significant damage to their reputation"

cram
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
My receipt date is June 20 and my PD is Oct 2002. If the July visa bulletin does retrogress, will I still be affected with regards to I-765?

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
So, what made you import yourself here? You could have stayed back in your own country..by the way, coming on a H4 was a choice..it wasn't forced upon you...didn't you know before coming here that you would have to stay home on a H4? H4->F1, H4->H1...all these options are always open to you..

Can we just stay away from these personal remarks?

Thanks,
Jayant

abhijitp
06-29-2007, 05:31 PM
How about, they are expecting so many application 140 plus 485...that THEY DO NOT WANT TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION...like always - THEY WILL SIT and EAT BURGERS and dont WANT TO DO ANY WORK...nothing new here folks...

On Monday I upgraded my I-140 at NSC to Premium Processing category. It got approved in just 3 days. It is not as if they are not doing any work. In fact I checked that the TSC I-140 dates (my successor in interest I-140 is pending here) have moved forward too.

I think they stopped premium processing I-140's now as they know there will be a flurry of AOS apps, which they would want to look at.

For the same reason, I think the AILA thing about a new interim bulletin is also a rumour.
Given a chance though, I would want to file ASAP... who won't?

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 05:32 PM
My receipt date is June 20 and my PD is Oct 2002. If the July visa bulletin does retrogress, will I still be affected with regards to I-765?

No you will still get AP and EAD since you have receipt date. You may not get GC approved until the dates become current. Experts correct me if i am wrong

amit_sp
My Guess is , It is a rumour . since the USCIS suspended the I -140 Premium Service for the month of july . It clearly indicates they are aware/expecting many of the I -485 filings from July 1st and do not want to promise I- 140 decision in 15 days during July .
Yes, I am of the same opinion. USCIS wants to stop the premium processing for I-140 only because it anticipates large volume for I-485. I don't see why it would stop the cash-cow (premium processing) and stop taking I-485s too!!!

PD_Dec2002

No. Since USCIS accepted your application when your PD was current, then you are fine.

Thanks,
Jayant

GCapplicant
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I always thought, the system was fair, it was only the overwhelming numbers of immigrants from certain countries that made it look unfair....but the closer I get to the stage where DOS decisions start impacting me, the more I realize that the system is not fair at all. The game of visa numbers and allocations is driven by white house politics alone...DOS being the spokesperson for the politics. Essentially the white house is directly throttling immigration through the DOS...on its own whims and fancy.

Do you respect others feelings here...

We are all here for some justice-no arguments-no offense
what r u...
Mind your langauage-Did u face any serious problems from some H4-

before you try to supress some ones feelings change your attitude-

gc_chahiye
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
DOS has to be utterly dumb, insane and ludacris....

what makes you think they cant blame USCIS statistics for this? USCIS gave us wrong stats, we made it current, then they said that no, they have enough visa numbers.

If its written into law that DOS can only issue VB once per month, and cannot update it during the month, they cannot do a damn thing.

its not written into law that they cant update it mid-month. They are allowed by law to update it whenever they want.

mihird
06-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Do you respect others feelings here...

We are all here for some justice-no arguments-no offense
what r u...
Mind your langauage-Did u face any serious problems from some H4-

before you try to supress some ones feelings change your attitude-

My intentions was not to offend anyone...all I am trying to say is blaming the H4 visa is unfair...H4's intention is to have the dependents be able to join the H1 visa holder....just that, nothing more....it is another story that most people want to do more than just that while on a H4. And for that several other visa options are all open..

Yes, my spouse too was here on a H4 and we had faced some problems...but to be honest, I had educated myself very well on what problems we will face before getting onto a H4..we thus never cribbed about her being on a H4....and I had always insisted to my spouse that if she wanted to do more..she would have to fight for her own F1/H1 visa..

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Is there a phone number we could call and ask about the Mid Month Retro..that AILA ihas announced.?

ANyone knows a DOs cnumbers where they actually answer calls...?

yawl
06-29-2007, 05:42 PM
hey folks, it is from AILA -> they won't send out this if there is no strong evidence!

We better be prepared.

PD_Dec2002
06-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Is there a phone number we could call and ask about the Mid Month Retro..that AILA ihas announced.?

I can assure you that they will say they don't comment on rumors. Exactly what my lawyer said.

Thanks,
Jayant

royus77
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Wait for the Updates from USICS today/monday morning...If they didnt give any statement considering a lot of rumors/activity , defintely some bad news is in store ......

spdy_mn

It might be closed, I guess. It is 5:15 PM EST on a Friday.

ramus
Sure go ahead and make a call... If AILA doesn't know then do you think they will tell us? USCIS always screw our friday but this is really big one.

priderock
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
So near yet so far. If the new visa bulletin comes out on Jul3rd , I wonder what happens to the applications received on Jul 2nd :((

reno_john

I wouldn't say they are cruel, but they are certainly selfish..and are bent on sucking the blood of would be immigrants/working non-immigrants...the best way to prevent this from happening is to not come here....let the Indians/Chinese completely stop coming here on H1s/L1s and then we'll see how far can America fly...

America will fly even higher with or without India and chinese those days are gone, look into the future. In the past not many american used to take science and Technology filed but now its different.

nixstor
what makes you think they cant blame USCIS statistics for this? USCIS gave us wrong stats, we made it current, then they said that no, they have enough visa numbers.

I have not thought so. I guess that was your assumption on my post. As I said, it can very well happen, but I doubt it on the first day.

its not written into law that they cant update it mid-month. They are allowed by law to update it whenever they want.

Thanks for the info. As I understand, its not written into law. But if they really do it on the first day of the month, Its the best avenue for a class action law suit on both DOS & USCIS. It shows their negligence and incompetence to produce a VB that gets revised on day one. All the money spent by applicants, time spent by lawyers will definitely result in a pretty good number of people forming an alliance for a class action law suit.

ramus
06-29-2007, 05:45 PM
wonder what would have made them change the dates? They even haven't seen any application yet?

PD_Dec2002
Wait for the Updates from USICS today/monday morning...If they didnt give any statement considering a lot of rumors/activity , defintely some bad news is in store ......

On the flip side, if this is only a rumor, then USCIS/DOS won't comment at all.

Thanks,
Jayant

srikondoji
legally and ethically and morally and whatnotally, they should accept all applications mailed on July 2nd.

So near yet so far. If the new visa bulletin comes out on Jul3rd , I wonder what happens to the applications received on Jul 2nd :((

GCisLottery
If the rumor turns out to be true in two days, I strongly believe it's a conspiracy.

When the CIR was revived, there was a strong feeling that the senate will pass based on the negotiations. Since CIR is horrible for those who are currently in line(including us), somebody/some group panicked and triggered the bulletin.

Now that CIR is officially dead and buried, status-quo is OK, so thought that somebody/some group.

Oh well....
I only pity the H4s out there.

PD_Dec2002
wonder what would have made them change the dates? They even haven't seen any application yet?

They probably got overwhelmed by applications in June.

Thanks,
Jayant

royus77
06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
On the flip side, if this is only a rumor, then USCIS/DOS won't comment at all.

Thanks,
Jayant

H1 quota will be over on day 1 also started as a rumor ..however USICS quickly jumped and clarified how they will handle the situation ..i hope the same this time also .

Only intresting thing is will they accept applications on day 1 and cover their skin ?...Then no body can question DOS/USICS as they always had a reason to defend themself....Guys what ever happens if you can file today thats fine else ..do use fedex same day service and make sure the application will reach b4 5 on monday

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
They probably got overwhelmed by applications in June.

Thanks,
Jayant
And they realized it just today. :(

srikondoji
06-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Let us call rumors as pure rumors, even if they are from individuals here on IV or from aila until the official agency release their report.

Let us step back a bit and analyse it with just common sense.

USCIS and whatever that other agency is, is not a fool to release a july bulletin and make everybody current. If they have made all categories current in the hope that they want to utilize all visa numbers then this is the height of stupidity. If that was their intent, they could have moved dates 2-3 months each month starting july till September.

They should have prepared themselves for the flood of applications starting july 1st, and that is the reason for suspending the premium processing.

Make PD's current and then goingback in just couple of weeks doesn't make sense at all.
If someone has done this in haste then i doubt the overal integrity of this organization and its continuity.

When i started the rumor of possible mid july retrogression, then that was based on the flood of applications that would go by july 2nd week. I am surprised that people are now talking monday or tuesday retrogression and a possible fresh bulleting from USCIS.

Who would know the fresh july bulletin updates from USCIS other than USCIS and why would they leak that information before hand?
Why should we beleive aila?

Do an independent and individual assesment of this issue and go have a beer for the weekend.

oomshiva
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
what about spent thousands of dollars on medicals ,on afidavits,called parents in india made them run all around,cancelled vacation,cancelled air tickets , gave fees to attorney,and now cannot even file

oom

sumansk
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
If this happens then then IV should take up this matter alongwith AILA seriously to take the matter all the way up to the white house.So that the president and the administration knows what kind of jokes Dept. is playing on peoples expectations and lives.

NEVER one can expect such a thing from the most advanced nation in the world.

God is the only HOPE !!

nitinba
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Mathew Oh says this

06/29/2007: Notice to The Oh Law Firm Clients

* We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time.

I am of the opinion these rumors may not be rumors, they have some insider information. We are out of luck I guess

srikondoji
06-29-2007, 06:01 PM
You can sue this firm, if they have really suspended the work on I-485.
How can they react to rumours?

Mathew Oh says this

06/29/2007: Notice to The Oh Law Firm Clients

* We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time.

I am of the opinion these rumors may not be rumors, they have some insider information. We are out of luck I guess

ramus
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/I140PPSTempSusp062706.pdf

Don't USCIS clearly say that they expect more application to receive because of july visa bulltin?

Now what suddenly happened that they decided to change dates..

newbee7
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
This disclaimer in VB, does not say "mid-month". It takes about cut off dates via bulletin only. Also, this means USCIS put some thought behind the time they will have to announce cut-off dates. They new the demand will ber "very heavy".

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

nitinba
06-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Now that it seems quite probable AOS will all be rejected filed in July I am wondering for how long will medical exams results be valid, so say after 1 yr if my PD is current can I use the medical exams report I got today?

chanduv23
06-29-2007, 06:04 PM
This disclaimer in VB, does not say "mid-month". It takes about cut off dates via bulletin only. Also, this means USCIS put some thought behind the time they will have to announce cut-off dates. They new the demand will ber "very heavy".

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

This was based on information obtained then. Now they can say that they do not have enough visa numbers and all numbers are exhausted

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Heard the same from my lawyer, she has changed her tune completely in 2 days. Now she says that she is hearing the same thing and is possible. They are working through the weekend and has asked me to keep my blackberry on me at all times as they will be providing emails updates every 4 hours or if and when the said bulletin is released.

We are hearing from multiple sources that, on Monday or Tuesday of next week, State Department plans to issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. This revised Bulletin would retrogress some or all of the employment-based categories, very likely to the point of unavailable. Reports from AILA members about unusual levels and types of activities by USCIS indicate a particular push to adjudicate employment-based adjustments currently in the pipeline so as to exhaust visa numbers for fiscal year 2007.

This follows the actions of USCIS in June, when it began rejecting EB-3 "Other Worker" adjustment applications even though the Visa Bulletin showed an October 2001 cut-off date, on the basis that the "Other Worker" numbers for the year had been exhausted:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bobzibub
06-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Could it be a class action lawsuit? Yes, I think it does have that smell of a class action law suit.

I went through hell to get this done in time. This had better be a false rumour.

-b

nitinba
06-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Can USCIS or DOS reimburse me for pain they have caused and all the expenses I had to incurr due to their whims and fancies. There seems to be more weight to the rumors as all of a sudden every attorney is saying the same thing.:mad:

EB3Victim
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit.

rangaswamy
America will fly even higher with or without India and chinese those days are gone, look into the future. In the past not many american used to take science and Technology filed but now its different.

I beg to differ on this argument: I am recent graduate from a top engineering school. In my class (class size varies according to the course, anywhere from 80-120)
The only people who took engineering were ones sponsored by compaines like Boeing and Raytheon and that too they were always above 35.

Of these in a class of 40, i would find one american. In my undergraduate courses, there would be 3 in 40. Of those atleast one or two would be pursing double degrees - Music and Science etc etc ..

So... fact is that 95% of the american youth hates math and science in college. Just a look at companies in the bay area will tell you more.. most of the Americans in technology sector are all over 35. Very rarely will you find a fresh grad hired in these companies because they are not available.

A

royus77
Heard the same from my lawyer, she has changed her tune completely in 2 days. Now she says that she is hearing the same thing and is possible. They are working through the weekend and has asked me to keep my blackberry on me at all times as they will be providing emails updates every 4 hours or if and when the said bulletin is released.

Will USICS will release on the weekend?If they have any thing it should be today or they will do it on monday evening . They will do it on monday so that they are safe and cover their skin ( always say they received 100000 Applications and they are good enough for the dates to go back)

ilwaiting
DEAR GOD!!!!!! THIS APPEARS TRUE. THEY ARE CALLING FOR PLAINTIFFS.

American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit.

senthil1
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
If rumors are true there is no point in sending I485 application if State dept announces that Visa is not available on July 2nd Morning. If confusion or rumor is cleared then Lawyers can send the application. That stand may be correct. But what if State Dept announces on Wednesday. Then those who are filed on Monday and Tuesday will get EAD and AP. I hope these rumors will not become true

You can sue this firm, if they have really suspended the work on I-485.
How can they react to rumours?

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
What law firm is that looks like a good one. If possible please PM me the details

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Here is why it will not happen on the first 3 or 4 days atleast.

This is not like H1B, which was hyped around for 2 months and forced every one to file on Apr 1st. More over it has a cap of 65k on it.

The most imp thing is there must be some rationale or logic (other than for fees etc) behind how they could make every category current. Some of you might know that DOS gives USCIS visa numbers quarterly. It means that the final quarter quota has not opened yet. The final quarter quota for EB1/2/3 is around 22000 (approx 7500X3). The EB5 leftovers ( conservatively 9000 , see 2006 stats) will also be added to the EB1 and possibly down to EB2/3 . The total number of visas that will be available to USCIS on Jul 2nd (first fiscal day of final quarter)is 31-33,000. The per country limits are relaxed in the final quarter so that unused go to the over subscribed countries.

DOS has to be utterly dumb, insane and ludacris to make every category current, if these 33K are the only numbers available. If DOS and USCIS has statistics for the first 3 quarters ( first 2 quarters + 2 months of 3rd quarter) telling that all the visa numbers released were in the previous quarters were consumed 100%, they would not make it current. That kinda tells us that the numbers allocated in the first 3 quarters were severely under utilized. How severely? No one knows as DOS does not do per quarter statistics.

More over, If its written into law that DOS can only issue VB once per month, and cannot update it during the month, they cannot do a damn thing. If it's not, it comes down to the implementation and interpretation of the agency. USCIS and DOS can release an updated bulletin if they get an over whelming filings for EB 485. Again, there is not enough time for USCIS/DOS to prepare like they did for H1, because the rumor has been out for 4 or 5 days. It might happen in the 2nd week or so if its not written into law.

It is not written in any law, infact the guidelines say that DOS can issue mid-month update

royus77
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
If rumors are true there is no point in sending I485 application if State dept announces that Visa is not available on July 2nd Morning. If confusion or rumor is cleared then Lawyers can send the application. That stand may be correct. But what if State Dept announces on Wednesday. Then those who are filed on Monday and Tuesday will get EAD and AP. I hope these rumors will not become true

If they have info about non-availbility they will announce now rather than waiting for monday morning . Also they will be in deep trouble by moving the dates without accepting single application . As AILA reported they will do it either on monday evening/tuesday quotaing the number of application received

wolfsappi
06-29-2007, 06:13 PM
could any organization be more incompetent than USCIS. This is unreal

jfredr
06/29/2007: American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

augustus
I have got email from my lawyer too regarding the change in bulletin coming MONDAY. I am worried for my life again. Is this all worth it? Title of her mail is I-485 could be rejected in July. I am done with this damn life. I can't take it anymore.

I really feel like crying now. Sitting on h-4 for 4 years and now I see a ray of hope and that is squashed too. I don't think this is fair. This is just not fair. Why the hell in the first place they have to make it current? I feel bad for all of us.

How many hours, how much money, how much effort, feelings, aspirations, hope. so much was built on that one news and the days from then on. and today it is NOTHING. I am sick and tired of this life.

Who is there to listen to us? NOBODY. Who will straighten this mess for us? NOBODY. We support each other and today we again have just one another to fall through this.

drirshad
06-29-2007, 06:15 PM
This is not the end of the world, enjoy ur weekend ........

USCIS will be in big trouble if they do what the rumors say ...

Just be ready to file and v ll c what happens .....

I m 99.5% sure that its a rumor ....

jonty_11
my attorneys have asked me to have a relaxing wkend...Looks like they are already taking off.....to enjoy their wkend.....

eb3_2004
Feel like crying..Can't control.poor my wife waiting for EAD...This is sick....Wasted so much time and money to get this done..waited for 3 years to get to this place..now back to trash chute...life sucks..

babu123
06-29-2007, 06:16 PM
We wasted lot of time, money and effort with this 485 filing for the last 15 days. I am terribly disappointed with the outcome now.
We need to file a lawsuit against USCIS and Dept of State for the loss that has happened to us.

ilwaiting
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Do they think immigrants are Bloody joke. Why the fuck to play with our lives?

Feel like crying..Can't controll.poor my wife waiting for EAD...This is sick....Wasted so much time and money to get this done..wait for 3 years to get to this place..not back to trash chute...life sucks..

bomber
06-29-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm at a total loss here. My dates became current in June and I was ready with all the paperwork - even filled all the forms myself. Company and their attorneys took their own time and sent the application out only today for Monday delivery... I kept on reminding them what USCIS did to EB-3 other workers.. but all for nothing....... they can just say 'oops sorry' and out lives are screwed!!!

OLDMONK
06-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Its utter non sense if this rumour is true. I am still counting on this not happening. We need to take a step back relax, its hard on us the employers the lawers and everyone associated.

I havent heard anything from my lawyer yet. My papers are supposed to be maied sometime next week.

Trying to keep myself positive inspite of this rumour.

nitinba
06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes attorneys are all going for long weekends upto July 4th and why not they already made hell lot of money, dammit man it sucks bigtime

rangaswamy
06-29-2007, 06:20 PM
This situation reminds me of Murphys laws. Im amazed at the number of people who are willing to react time and again on speculation. If its true.. you have to cry on monday anyway.. so why start crying now.

Enjoy the weekend.. lets worry about Monday on Tuesday!!

To quote the Gita " What ever has happened, has happened for the best;
What ever is happening is happening for the best, what ever is about to happen will happen for the best"

kph
06-29-2007, 06:20 PM
My intentions was not to offend anyone...all I am trying to say is blaming the H4 visa is unfair...H4's intention is to have the dependents be able to join the H1 visa holder....just that, nothing more....it is another story that most people want to do more than just that while on a H4. And for that several other visa options are all open..

Yes, my spouse too was here on a H4 and we had faced some problems...but to be honest, I had educated myself very well on what problems we will face before getting onto a H4..we thus never cribbed about her being on a H4....and I had always insisted to my spouse that if she wanted to do more..she would have to fight for her own F1/H1 visa..

Dude, its very very unfair on H4 people. You got to be in H4 visa to understand their problems. I could apply this logic to anything. So does anyone land here expecting to becoming a GC holder or citizen right away? So if someone says you will not be given GC just because while coming you were not guaranteed a permanent status, will you agree to it?

Everyone tried to convert to H1 and look what happened. Stupid lottery kicked this year on first day. And F1, its not that everyone is wanting to become a student. What if they had enough degree already in foreign country? Besides you can't study here for free...

I know nothing can be done by us and the only way out for them is EAD. At least lets not go overboard and tell H4 people that you don't deserve to crib about it.

asanghi
06-29-2007, 06:21 PM
But I can not help but notice the timing of priority dates becoming current and also these rumours.

The priority dates became current right before the immigration bill was to be brought up for the second time in the senate. Now as the bill has been shot down, next day these rumours begin surfacing. Guess no need to keep us distracted anymore, so no need to go through the pain of getting bombarded with applications.

I feel, both are extraordinarily extreme measures. Make priority dates jump 5 years in one month and then retrogress them in the middle of the month.

augustus
06-29-2007, 06:21 PM
In America, Lawsuits are filed for mental agony. The agony we all go through to come out as a permanent resident is over the top.

Any issue, any matter, if there is mental agony, people here file for lawsuits. Heard in the news recently that airport security officials asked a woman to throw her baby's milk bottle and she was all over in the news and crying her wits out at the agony she had to go through just for security officials asking her throw her baby's milk bottle.

Here, our life hangs by a thread. We are used as puppets. Cheapest people on earth. And no one is there to even cover our news. Paris Hilton takes the front page and millions of people whose life's on hold is not an issue.

Where is the American Dream I ask?

Canadian_Dream
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I wish your are right. But AILA will not spread rumors by circulating official notice. Check the other thread. Besides AILA official notices are are rarely wrong.

This is not the end of the world, enjoy ur weekend ........

USCIS will be in big trouble if they do what the rumors say ...

Just be ready to file and v ll c what happens .....

I m 99.5% sure that its a rumor ....

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Feel like crying..Can't control.poor my wife waiting for EAD...This is sick....Wasted so much time and money to get this done..waited for 3 years to get to this place..now back to trash chute...life sucks..

Hang in there buddy. I know it is easy to say this and tougher to go through what you are going through, but what else we can do.

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
keep refreshing the July VISA bulletin page all thru th ewkend...
here u go:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3258.html

senthil1
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
If AILA is telling that means there is 50% chance of rumors becoming true. If the rumors are true then State Dept and USCIS mismanaged visa numbers. Anyhow wait and see couple of days

But I can not help but notice the timing of priority dates becoming current and also these rumours.

The priority dates became current right before the immigration bill was to be brought up for the second time in the senate. Now as the bill has been shot down, next day these rumours begin surfacing. Guess no need to keep us distracted anymore, so no need to go through the pain of getting bombarded with applications.

Remember both are extraordinarily extreme measures. Make priority dates jump 5 years in one month and then retrogress them in the middle of the month.

Call me wildly imaginative, but I can't help but think that maybe there are people in senior positions in USCIS who would be at home in NumbersUSA.

srikondoji
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
This is just going too far.
Can't they wait untill rumor is proved to be a fact?
Can't they wait for just one more week?

karthiknv143
06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
May be it is already True.

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
If AILA is telling that means there is 50% chance of rumors becoming true. If the rumors are true then State Dept and USCIS mismanaged visa numbers. Anyhow wait and see couple of days
what stats do u have to support the 50% number??

logiclife
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm at a total loss here. My dates became current in June and I was ready with all the paperwork - even filled all the forms myself. Company and their attorneys took their own time and sent the application out only today for Monday delivery... I kept on reminding them what USCIS did to EB-3 other workers.. but all for nothing....... they can just say 'oops sorry' and out lives are screwed!!!

If its mailed out today, then you are ok. Its the POSTMARKED date that is seen. So even if it reaches there in July, as long as it went OUT today, they will have to accept it under June's batch of applications coz it is postmarked in June (june 29).

Canadian_Dream
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
For USCIS isn't the date received that matters not the date postmarked ? Never heard them honoring postmarked date. I could be wrong though !!!

If its mailed out today, then you are ok. Its the POSTMARKED date that is seen. So even if it reaches there in July, as long as it went OUT today, they will have to accept it under June's batch of applications coz it is postmarked in June (june 29).

senthil1
06-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I think AILA is not one lawyer it is group of Lawyers. They might have heard from some persons in State Dept persons un-officially. But rumor is always a rumor till that becomes true. Hope for best and prepare for worst

what stats do u have to support the 50% number??

PBECVictim
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
It is received date stamp, what they do after receiving. They do it immediately on the same day.

(area code 202) 663-1541 still reading June Visa bulletin. Did they revert back?

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I want to bathe in beer tonite.!!!!!!!!!!

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
keep refreshing this page till u drop

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3258.html

PBECVictim
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
I am joining Law Suit. I am leaving this country, if they make it 'U' for Eb2 and Eb3 for India.

gc_chahiye
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM
If they have info about non-availbility they will announce now rather than waiting for monday morning . Also they will be in deep trouble by moving the dates without accepting single application . As AILA reported they will do it either on monday evening/tuesday quotaing the number of application received

Dates have nothing to do with number of applications received. Visa numbers are allocated when a I485 is APPROVED. The only way dates can go U is if they APPROVE so many 485s that all of this years visa numbers are used up.

bomber
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM

logiclife,

thanks for taking time to look at an individual case in the middle of mass chaos.

I hope my attorney really mailed it as they told me yesterday "your appplication is in Fedex envelope already, to be sent out Friday morning for Monday delivery"

My problem is a little more complex than that. My lawyers kept telling me from Dec' 2003 that my LC was filed under EB-2 since I have a BS+5 ... When they filed I-140 last year which is still pending, they kept telling me it was under EB-2..... yesterday when I emailed to ask if my application was out, an associate told me that it was ready in the Fedex envelope and scheduled for pickup today morning and that they had kept it on hold because my PD was becoming current only on July 1st...

that was a surprise to me because I thought I was EB-2 and my date was current as of June 1st... she said she didn't know anything about that and that the lawyer had instructed her to put it on hold for shipping Friday morning....

May be some kind of confusion on her part.. otherwise why would they accept and start working on my case right after the june bulletin which was released in May..

Life is already so complex......

samrat_bhargava_vihari
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I am joining Law Suit. I am leaving this country, if they make it 'U' for Eb2 and Eb3 for India.
i don't see a point here. they no need to approve the cases if no visa numbers but what wrong to accept. thoguh I am effecting by this my feeling is that this is just a rumor.

bomber
It is received date stamp, what they do after receiving. They do it immediately on the same day.

(area code 202) 663-1541 still reading June Visa bulletin. Did they revert back?

Isn't is written somwhere that if the last day of a month falls on a saturday or a sunday then they accept the applications on the next working day even if it falls under next month.

Last day of June is a saturday and so won't they have to accept the june applications on Monday???/

babu123
It is going to be true. otherwise mathew wont shut down his work and post that AILF is going file law suit.

I am suspecting that they made current because of lobby made by some big heads inorder to get support to pass the immigration bill.
Since the immigration bill failed, DOS is going back to retrogression.

SDdesi
06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
What if the USCIS suddenly realized that they can make more money in August due to the fee change? So someone in dept had a brainwave thinking - why not move back the dates in July and move forward again for the August bulletin??

:confused:

bomber
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
What if the USCIS suddenly realized that they can make more money in August due to the fee change? So someone in dept had a brainwave thinking - why not move back the dates in July and move forward again for the August bulletin??

:confused:

I'd be happy if they charge 3 times as much but let us file!

ilwaiting
06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Conspiracy? DOS is part of bush administration. And since the president is dissapointed because of CIR. He wants a back lash from immigrant community?

It is going to be true. otherwise mathew wont shut down his work and post that AILF is going file law suit.

I am suspecting that they made current because of lobby made by some big heads inorder to get support to pass the immigration bill.
Since the immigration bill failed, DOS is going back to retrogression.

ilikekilo
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
This is like playing with people's minds. I really dont care at this point if I get my GC or not. I hope people who create this kind of havoc die a rotten death.:mad:

http://www.aila.com/RecentPosting/RecentPostingList.aspx

chk this out above link

yawl
AILA Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability

Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 5:48 PM
Subject: Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability

Further to the email earlier today about July visa availability:

Several members have asked whether they should continue in their efforts to
file adjustment of status applications for employment-based cases. Of course
, this is a matter for each attorney's best judgment, but note that:

-It is not certain what day the revised Bulletin will be issued.

-It is possible that the revised bulletin will not issue at all--efforts to
stop this unprecedented action are being pursued.

-If you "front desk" the application, i.e. decide it is futile to file, and
a remedy opens up later, having submitted the applications may improve the
chances of utlizing whatever fix might be available.

-If you do submit the adjustments, be sure to use a method whereby you can
document delivery, and keep that documentation for each client.

-AILF's Legal Action Center is seeking plaintiffs with respect to both the
adjustment applications that were or are expected to be rejected for June
and the adjustment applications that are expected to be rejected in July. Go
to InfoNet Document # 07062975: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22798 on InfoNet for the Potential Plaintiff Questionnaire and related FAQ.

We cannot predict now what will happen, but will continue to update the
membership as developments occur.

nitinba
what backlash from non-citizens, we cant do anything here buddy

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Conspiracy? DOS is part of bush administration. And since the president is dissapointed because of CIR. He wants a back lash from immigrant community?

Probably they wanted to raise $4.4 billions for border security through us. Since there is no need for that money now that CIR failed they are going back to status quo.

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
This cud be sooo true...thats how these cronies are exactly.....!!

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
CIR failing and this...it all makes perfect sense now........
They will defintely retrogress...it Monday Morning....they dont want any applications coming in.....my 2 cents

alterego
06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I have a few theories on this. This is meant just to open discussion.

1) The USCIS and State department are not communicating at all. This is not at all uncommon within gov't agencies as we all know.
The State Dep't released the bulletin perhaps without realising the full ramifications. Having heard from the USCIS..........hey hey hey what the F&^% are you doing? They may have realised over the last few weeks what a mess they have on their hands. Now they are trying to undo it.

2) Another possibility I can think of, is that this is a grand plan(heck I almost said grand bargain) concocted by the USCIS to get 485s OUT of the system as much as possible while minimising those that can get IN. Hence you might see in the coming few weeks thousands of approval letters all dated the 2nd of July. That will allow them to clear their backlogs of pre-approved, approvable cases and clean the slate fresh for the new fees structure/new quota in the new year. Some of you might remember they retrogressed to unavailable around this time 2 yrs ago. They do these weird things in the 4th quarter.

3) Of course the last option is their brains have the same IQ as that of any common critter that messes up your garden.

Pick your poison, it is all the same. I feel for everyone whose hopes were raised so high. It is truly inhumane of them. If they planned this, they should atleast have delayed the release of the July VB.

Prashant
06-29-2007, 06:57 PM
If the DOS has common sense they would be better off to retrogess for august, I am pretty sure they will be aware of the class action law suit thats gonna come upon them if they try to revise the july bulletin

jonty_11
06-29-2007, 06:57 PM

1) The USCIS and State department are not communicating at all. This is not at all uncommon within gov't agencies as we all know.
The State Dep't released the bulletin perhaps without realising the full ramifications. Having heard from the USCIS..........hey hey hey what the F&^% are you doing? They may have realised over the last few weeks what a mess they have on their hands. Now they are trying to undo it.

2) Another possibility I can think of, is that this is a grand plan(heck I almost said grand bargain) concocted by the USCIS to get 485s OUT of the system as much as possible while minimising those that can get IN. Hence you might see in the coming few weeks thousands of approval letters all dated the 2nd of July. That will allow them to clear their backlogs of pre-approved, approvable cases and clean the slate fresh for the new fees structure/new quota in the new year. Some of you might remember they retrogressed to unavailable around this time 2 yrs ago. They do these weird things in the 4th quarter.

3) Of course the last option is their brains have the same IQ as that of any common critter that messes up your garden.

Pick your poison, it is all the same. I feel for everyone whose hopes were raised so high. It is truly inhumane of them. If they planned this, they should atleast have delayed the release of the July VB.
I tend to believe the CIR angle to this. Since, teh time CIR has failed, these Rumours have surfaced.....
Another poison choice!!!!

agadre
06-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I tend to believe the CIR angle to this. Since, teh time CIR has failed, these Rumours have surfaced.....
Another poison choice!!!!

To make it look politically correct, I guess the new revised buletin won't be out till the end of 1st week july. They will make it look natural and stop taking new applications from 9th. :D

gc_chahiye
06-29-2007, 07:03 PM

thats possible. I thought the Ombudsman also said something to this effect. that these three (DOL/USCIS/DOS) dont talk to each other as well as they should. Also, apparently visa dates are set by ONE person who does all the number crunching. that seems to be weird. There should be a more transparent mechanism of doing all this.

the U two years ago was apparently because USCIS somehow used up more visas than they should, and ate up all the numbers from the next quarter. Apparently that was the only year they did not waste visa numbers.

I guess hte only reason they dont want applications IN the system is because it looks bad on them (# of backlog cases); otherwise whats the harm: take the file and stick it on a shelf. As the applicant keeps coming back for EAD/AP
keep milking them for money. win-win.

I would think its #1. The miscommunication across these govt. bodies. We pay the price, there will possibly be a lawsuit (which will be quickly settled) and some heads will roll.

sriswam
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
My $0.02. This could be a pre-emptive measure on the part of AILA. There must have been some talk at the state department of mid-month regression. This might be a strategy to scotch that. Raise a ruckus and send a message that we are prepared to file a law suit. Who knows? We are mere pawns in this grand game. Whatever happens, I hope people keep some perspective and not lose sleep over this.
- Sri

royus77
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
To make it look politically correct, I guess the new revised buletin won't be out till the end of 1st week july. They will make it look natural and stop taking new applications from 9th. :D

let hope for that

kalia
06-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Nothing will happen. The dates will be retrogresses on Monday. May be we will see 'U' in Visa Bulletin. The AILA will try to pursue DOS and USICS but they will politely say "sorry for the trouble" This will lead to the law suit. Some people will submit their resignation. In the next year you will see those at some higher post somewhere.

Wow. We are living in the great country built by Immigrants were there is no value of Immigrant. For undocumented immigrants, there are senators to help them. For rich people, they have money so don't have to do anything. For middle class immigrant like you and me IV forum is there to show our frustration.

I am now seriously thinking of going back to my home country were I would be considered moron who came back from US.

royus77
06-29-2007, 07:10 PM
My $0.02. This could be a pre-emptive measure on the part of AILA. There must have been some talk at the state department of mid-month regression. This might be a strategy to scotch that. Raise a ruckus and send a message that we are prepared to file a law suit. Who knows? We are mere pawns in this grand game. Whatever happens, I hope people keep some perspective and not lose sleep over this.
- Sri

AILA members already milked enough $$$ for this year ..they will be first happy if dates go back ..repeat clients:)

bomber
06-29-2007, 07:12 PM
- Sri

Good reasoning here. I truly hope it's true and USCIS realizes what they are planning to do..

agadre
06-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Nothing will happen. The dates will be retrogresses on Monday. May be we will see 'U' in Visa Bulletin. The AILA will try to pursue DOS and USICS but they will politely say "sorry for the trouble" This will lead to the law suit. Some people will submit their resignation. In the next year you will see those at some higher post somewhere.

Wow. We are living in the great country built by Immigrants were there is no value of Immigrant. For undocumented immigrants, there are senators to help them. For rich people, they have money so don't have to do anything. For middle class immigrant like you and me IV forum is there to show our frustration.

I am now seriously thinking of going back to my home country were I would be considered moron who came back from US.

Who said US is very differnet from India..:D

bomber
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM

In india they only backtrack on Petrol price hikes, but here.....

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM

This is nothing new, things like this happen in almost all parts of the world. Remember Enron, one fine morning thousands of people found that their life savings or retirment savings got wiped out clean with nothing to fall back on. Same could be said of about a lot of dot com millionaires. Life is very very unfair, what other explanation do we have other than that.

gc_chahiye
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM
- Sri

yeah right. scare the state-department with a lawsuit.

guys, this is the government we are talking about. A lawsuit is not going to deter them. AILA will settle, the government will investigate and some poor sod somewhere will be fired. Life will then go-on with us hanging on in limbo.

Whatever happens, I hope people keep some perspective and not lose sleep over this.

good advice. Since we cant control whats happening, might as well take our mind off it, and wait and see what happens.

rangaswamy
06-29-2007, 07:16 PM

In india.. i would have paid money and become legal resident and then citizen and even possibly PM ... if i had put in so much effort... :) .. these days . puppets have a lot demand in the ruling govt

A

ilwaiting
06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Man this is Federal government dude and more over part of DHS. This is not a privately owned corrupted company where they can dick around with people.

This is nothing new, things like this happen in almost all parts of the world. Remember Enron, one fine morning thousands of people found that their life savings or retirment savings got wiped out clean with nothing to fall back on. Same could be said of about a lot of dot com millionaires. Life is very very unfair, what other explanation do we have other than that.

ksam75
06-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I can't believe this is happening to me. My priority date became current as of June1. My attorney has sent my wife's petition to Chicago instead of NSC. He got the petition returned this afternoon. I got my I485 approved on June 25. My wife is currently out of status. If the rumor is true, I'll be totally screwed. After 10 years in this country, a dumb mistake pretty much ruined my life.

spdy_mn
06-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Man this is Federal government dude and more over part of DHS. This is not a privately owned corrupted company where they can dick around with people.

Govt agencies are more susceptible to bungling things than private companies. I can quote numerous examples but that will take the discussion away from the core subject.

jaihind
06-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Clearly the USCIS and the DOS have absolutely no clue as to how to manage the visa regime.

On top of that these smart asses think they are answerable to none - since this is just a matter of 'to be' immigrants.

Now the class action suit proposed by AILF will surely shock them from their oblivion and bring them down to REAL world.

All said and done...anyway the gates will open in Oct 2007 !!! Guys and Gals...go enjoy your week end !!!

agadre
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Clearly the USCIS and the DOS have absolutely no clue as to how to manage the visa regime.

On top of that these smart asses think they are answerable to none - since this is just a matter of 'to be' immigrants.

Now the class action suit proposed by AILF will surely shock them from their oblivion and bring them down to REAL world.

All said and done...anyway the gates will open in Oct 2007 !!! Guys and Gals...go enjoy your week end !!!

I really think, second July is the D day here. They can't stop accepting new applications becuase of mere speculation that lot of folks can apply. If indeed thousands of people apply on the second, the numbers will become U on the 3rd. I still think if your applications gets in on the 2nd, you will squeeze in..

Its all about being at the right place at the right time..:cool:

gc_chahiye

right. and thats why there wont be any accountability and no one to punish such things (there is no stock-market, no SEC)

kiran24
I can't believe this is happening to me. My priority date became current as of June1. My attorney has sent my wife's petition to Chicago instead of NSC. He got the petition returned this afternoon. I got my I485 approved on June 25. My wife is currently out of status. If the rumor is true, I'll be totally screwed. After 10 years in this country, a dumb mistake pretty much ruined my life.

Why did your attorney send the package to Chicago instead of NSC??
Who is your attorney??

hariswaminathan
06-29-2007, 07:25 PM
At the cost of being bombarded by every one in this forum,
if the VB bulletin is indeed "retrogressed" to Pre madness - back to what was supposed to be the next jump from June 2003 (perhaps 6 months or more for EB3 and 2005 for EB2), this would actually be a good thing in my opinion.

What they did by making the VB current is going to have serious consequences a few months down the line. People who have been waiting for years may still not get their turn in line, while others simply jump ahead and take away the visa numbers. People are excited at the short term benefits of EAD/AP but we must look at the long term effects also.

I believe (and im entitled to my own beliefs ) that if anything, USCIS/DOS have actually finally figured out their mistake of making everything current and are now back tracking to what would be a decent situation instead of the floodgates being opened. I dont believe it has anything to do with conspiracy theories or CIR or any such thing.

And btw - i would be one of those people who spent money to get ready for the floodgates and i would also be one of those that gets stuck!

kalia
06-29-2007, 07:25 PM
US is made by immigrants and the immigrants should feel great about this country since this country gave us opportunity. Look at the things that is happening to us since last few months.

1. CIR bill introduce with lots of provision for Legal immigrants such as reduction of visa numbers to 90k, some people need to apply under new points system, and higher fees for renewing H1b visa. (Supporting US government)

2. Amendments introduce for legal immigrants coming to US on H1B visa or who are on H1B visa. No renewal of your H1B visa since AC21 was removed from the original bill. (Immigrants can go back to thier home country quickly).

3. VB came out with all the dates current. Majority of the people spent approx. $4000-$5000, and time so that they are their family can have better life. On July 2 2007 VB dates will show 'U'. (Supporting US economy)

WOW.

bomber
06-29-2007, 07:27 PM
At the cost of being bombarded by every one in this forum,
if the VB bulletin is indeed "retrogressed" to Pre madness - back to what was supposed to be the next jump from June 2003 (perhaps 6 months or more for EB3 and 2005 for EB2), this would actually be a good thing in my opinion.

What they did by making the VB current is going to have serious consequences a few months down the line. People who have been waiting for years may still not get their turn in line, while others simply jump ahead and take away the visa numbers. People are excited at the short term benefits of EAD/AP but we must look at the long term effects also.

I believe (and im entitled to my own beliefs ) that if anything, USCIS/DOS have actually finally figured out their mistake of making everything current and are now back tracking to what would be a decent situation instead of the floodgates being opened. I dont believe it has anything to do with conspiracy theories or CIR or any such thing.

And btw - i would be one of those people who spent money to get ready for the floodgates and i would also be one of those that gets stuck!

What you said could be true but only if they move the dats back like you mentioned. would show utter inefficiency if they make them all U.

mariusp
06-29-2007, 07:32 PM
From Immigration-law.com

06/29/2007: Time to Keep Emotion Under Control

* The news of potential revision of the July Visa Bulletin is understandably taken very hard by everyone including this reporter. After spending sleepless evenings and weekends, this reporter feels like being hit by lightening rod from sky. But people should keep their emotion under control for a number of reasons: First, the AILA reports that they are working hard to stop the State Department from doing this. No one knows how much it will work, but no one knows whether they will change their mind either. Just calm down. Secondly, even if it is released, we have no idea which categories and how much there will be a retrogression. Some categories may turn out to be not too bad. We will just have to wait and see. Thirdly, the AILF is seeking a legal remedy should this rumor indeed materialize. This lawsuit threat may or may not affect the State Department one way or another. We are all educated people and should have received a proper training to maintain a decent composure and not to lose morality and reveal weakness of the personality. Losing one or two days will not induce the sky failling down. Availability of July 485 filing is at this juncture depends on two factors: One is whether the July Bulletin will indeed be revised and the numbers will be retrogressed. The other is whether the USCIS and the visa posts around the world will be able to adjudicate all the backlog I-485 or immigrant visa applications in a very short period of time. Until the Visa Bulletin revision news popped up, the only factor that would control the issue of how soon one should send in their I-485 applications was the speed of USCIS backlog 485 application adjudications during the next two weeks or beyond. Now, quite unexpectedly, our July 485 filing opportunities have been further mystified by not one but two yet-to-be-known factors - Visa Bulletin Revision and USCIS Backlog I-485 Processing Speed. As we reported earlier, we started receiving increasing number of backlog I-485 application approvals in the mail, but we do not know how fast it is undertaken by the USCIS at this time.
* All of us have consumed ourselves for a couple of weeks this month by the CIR. The emotional distress have been futher exacerbated by the I-140 pps suspension decision. By now, we come close to the level of being exhausted. We should go home, take a deep breath, and enjoy family. Shutting this website will not give a peace to the wanderers. Have a nice weekend.

MrWaitingGC
06-29-2007, 07:32 PM
USCIS may say "Oops! Sorry! This is just a typo. U got rotated by 90 degrees clockwise." :mad:

I liked your sense of humor.

Guest007
06-29-2007, 07:38 PM
My stupid big law firm delayed filing until monday this week. With all this hoopla.. Any ideas or rumors floating around about ppl who did not get reciept yet.

saint_2010
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
From Immigration-law.com
:D :D :D lOOKS LIKE MR.OH GOT BOOED....:D :D :D

karthiknv143
06-29-2007, 07:43 PM
http://aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22799
Can anyone having access post what is there?

royus77
06-29-2007, 07:47 PM
http://aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22799
Can anyone having access post what is there?

its already published ..go back on the thread..same old story which Oh reported about AILA push

amitjoey
06-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Could it be that the AILA is talking about the 4th category and AILF's Legal Action Center is seeking plaintiffs - mainly 4th category that got their applications rejected?

to InfoNet Document # 07062975: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22798 on InfoNet for the Potential Plaintiff Questionnaire and related FAQ.

aristotle
06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Could it be that the AILA is talking about the 4th category and AILF's Legal Action Center is seeking plaintiffs - mainly 4th category that got their applications rejected?

Then the title would say "June" visa availability. And it was for EB3 other category.

shekhar10c
06-29-2007, 07:57 PM

I'm not getting this. If DOS/USCIS wants to retrogress the current dates then why they will wait for july2nd or 3rd. As they know people will file their applications by 29th june or they will try to deliver their applications by 2nd of july. So,if this rumour is really true then they would have posted revised bulletin in this week only , latest by today only, so that people will stop filling applications. So guys relax and keep doing whatever you were doing and file your applications by 2nd july.
There is nothing in our hands or even in lawyers.Lets wait n watch!!! keep hope

EndlessWait
06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Well looks like the winners for this f??kup :

1. Doctors
2. Laywers
3. FedEx etc.

Loosers us:
. Took the vacinations for nothing
. The test is valid for 1 yr only. Might have to pay again if the priority date retrogress.

samcam
06-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Folks, first of all don't try to slam me for posting this.. Here is a note that I got from my law firm Paul Hastings.. I am subscribed to their immigration related email.. I got this today.. While this has come as a shock to me, they are still preparing to file my I485.. I did not hear this from my lawyer personally, but only through this newsletter. I will speak to them about this first thing monday morning. Please read the note entirely.. Has anybody else heard about this..

Update on Adjustment Filings for July

Yesterday, we distributed a Client Alert reporting widespread concern as to the accuracy of the Department of State's (DOS) Visa Bulletin for July 2007 and indicating the possibility that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may potentially not accept adjustment of status filings for all, or a part, of July. Today, multiple reliable sources have indicated that, as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week, the DOS could issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. Most likely, some or all of the employment-based immigrant visa categories would again retrogress and may become completely unavailable. The practical impact is that USCIS would almost certainly stop accepting adjustment applications for filing if the revised Visa Bulletin indicates that immigrant visa numbers are not available.

This unexpected development would deviate from many years of agency practice. It would be devastating for companies and foreign national employees who have relied, as they are entitled to do, on the July Visa Bulletin and were anticipating the filing of adjustments throughout the month of July. We have initiated a concerted effort to aggressively address this unprecedented situation through the highest levels of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the DOS. We are joined in this effort by many other organizations, and we are engaging congressional offices for assistance. Many have already agreed to speak with DHS and DOS. We will keep you updated.

glus
06-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm not getting this. If DOS/USCIS wants to retrogress the current dates then why they will wait for july2nd or 3rd. As they know people will file their applications by 29th june or they will try to deliver their applications by 2nd of july. So,if this rumour is really true then they would have posted revised bulletin in this week only , latest by today only, so that people will stop filling applications. So guys relax and keep doing whatever you were doing and file your applications by 2nd july.

U are right...that's why I think it is a rumor only. I read somwhere in the posts, the DOS can only issue VB once monthly. That could be the reason they did not issue a revised bulletin for Jun, when the "other worker" category became unavailable and that would make sense. They could not issue a revised bulletin, so the sent a letter to USCIS not to accept the "other worker" category anymore, which in turn will case a law suit. .... I think this all is a rumor!!!

ramus
06-29-2007, 08:04 PM
There is more update on AILA web-site...
"Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability"

Can anybody find out what is it?

karthiknv143
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by yawl

thomachan72
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I dont know why everybody started to spit on ohio law firm. They just pointed out some news that they got from AILA, right? Lets hope its just a rumor and USCIS doesn't proceed with this revised thing. I am pretty sure that wont happen. Dont worry guys, but dont blame everything on ohio firm. I saw this on several other law firms too.

makemygc
06-29-2007, 08:09 PM

I was thinking on the same line. Why to wait at the last moment and that too when today they allowed the medical examinations to be done outside the local area. I guess, time to chill out, have some beer (i'm already having) and worry on monday. We anyway can't do anything about it on sat-sun.

bomber
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
You are absolutely right. We visit Mr Oh's website several times a day to get the latest on immigration. We should credit him for being the first in alerting us about everything. If in fact USCIS comes up with a statement rejecting all aplpications filed after a certain date, I'm sure there would be thousands who would be saved by Mr. Oh's timely warning.

I dont know why everybody started to spit on ohio law firm. They just pointed out some news that they got from AILA, right? Lets hope its just a rumor and USCIS doesn't proceed with this revised thing. I am pretty sure that wont happen. Dont worry guys, but dont blame everything on ohio firm. I saw this on several other law firms too.

gc_check
06-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Before IV, immigration-law used to be the website to get consolidated information related to immigration news, Also most of the updates posted are based on the AILA updates/alerts. It is not fair to get mad at this site, just because he has posts/news that are not liked by vast majority of folks like us. I wish to see the VB dates current, but ……. we all know now, what is real... Retrogression and waiting...

bomber
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - Suspended I-140 PPS anticipating huge demand from people
for whom the visa numbers would be available - FACT!!
FRIDAY - Allowed doctors from "any area" - FACT!!

MONDAY - We won't accept any applications?????? ----RUMOUR

they don't add up

I was thinking on the same line. Why to wait at the last moment and that too when today they allowed the medical examinations to be done outside the local area. I guess, time to chill out, have some beer (i'm already having) and worry on monday. We anyway can't do anything about it on sat-sun.

shekhar10c
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM

yeah enjoy ur weekend. if you have filed ur application then chill and if not then ....what r u doing , lazy boy...move ur ass and courier it now.....hahahhhaha.

EndlessWait
06-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Lets all celebrate yet another screw up of USCIS.

Pls everyone forget this non-sense.

Good luck to everyone on July2nd.

Raju
06-29-2007, 08:17 PM

they don't add up

This is USCIS bro..
they dont know how to add, that is the reason we are in this mess

legal_la
06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
My stupid big law firm delayed filing until monday this week. With all this hoopla.. Any ideas or rumors floating around about ppl who did not get reciept yet.

No rumors for June until now, you should be perfectly fine.

kiran24
06-29-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah enjoy ur weekend. if you have filed ur application then chill and if not then ....what r u doing , lazy boy...move ur ass and courier it now.....hahahhhaha.

Most of us are at the mercy of our attorney's to file for I-485. The attorney's take their sweet time to prepare the draft and send the application. In this heated moment the attorney's offices should hire more people and get the ball rolling.
All that we can do as employees is pester our HRs and attorneys.:p

EndlessWait
06-29-2007, 08:22 PM

they don't add up

Well of all the money USCIS makes, they better have calculators. Lets ship them one calculator with every application..

..but i wonder if they would know how to use it ..;)

styrum
06-29-2007, 08:22 PM
This is USCIS bro..
they dont know how to add, that is the reason we are in this mess
They know very well. If their open sabotage of EB applications processing was not broght up even once during CIR discussion, they feel they just received a card-blanche to hurt immigrants as much as they please and nobody will do or even speak about that.:mad:

mariusp
06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
No you're not the first one. There are about 15,000 others that found out about this before you. Check out the front page. Stop reposting the same crap all over again.

glus
06-29-2007, 08:24 PM

they don't add up

That's true. the 3rd must be rumor!!!!!

makemygc
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM
well i courier-ed it to my attorney to be supposedly mail out by today but now that law firm is not even responding...so even if move my ass or move my other body parts ...its not going to change any darn thing....I know u must definitely be moving all the way from top to bottom...best of luck..

rangaswamy
06-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I really think, second July is the D day here. They can't stop accepting new applications becuase of mere speculation that lot of folks can apply. If indeed thousands of people apply on the second, the numbers will become U on the 3rd. I still think if your applications gets in on the 2nd, you will squeeze in..

Its all about being at the right place at the right time..:cool:

For the nth time.. numbers are reduced only after approval and not based on receipt of application. So if you can submit it on July 2nd you submit it on 3rd and so on.

gclife
06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Did AILA screwed up the party of many july filers by sending this memo http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/aila-cis-vb.pdf to uscis which scared them and prompting them to come up with the legal proof revised bulletin causing this whole mess. Should AILA had waited until july , then we would probably have a strong legal ground to fight against the uscis ??

makemygc
Most of us are at the mercy of our attorney's to file for I-485. The attorney's take their sweet time to prepare the draft and send the application. In this heated moment the attorney's offices should hire more people and get the ball rolling.
All that we can do as employees is pester our HRs and attorneys.:p

more than 100% true...My attorney took two weeks to prepare the 3 forms and when he sent out those forms to me for review, I was amazed to see it was full of errors and mistakes. Finally, I'd to prepare the application and send it to him. Application is so simple that anyone can prepare it. I think we should better do it ourselves if given the chance.

yabadaba
my lawyer said the same thing about a revised bulletin...looks like its pretty close to being a sure thing now.

royus77
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
For the nth time.. numbers are reduced only after approval and not based on receipt of application. So if you can submit it on July 2nd you submit it on 3rd and so on.

485 Approvals are coming in thousands every day ( as per the increasing activity on pending 485s)...and DOS can any day suspend if they think numbers are over ..so if you are lucky on 2nd you are in and so on ..remember GCs are not only approved in US only it been happening at all the visa posts all the world

yabadaba
06-29-2007, 08:34 PM
murthy news flash

NewsFlash! DOS Expected to Revise July Visa Bulletin
Posted Jun 29, 2007
©MurthyDotCom
We have received news from the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) that they have reliable information that the July Visa Bulletin will be revised on Monday, July 2nd, or Tuesday, July 3rd. This Visa Bulletin is expected to retrogress many of the categories that were announced as being "Current" for July. It is expected that at least some of the categories will become completely "unavailable." The reason for this is that the USCIS apparently engaged in extraordinary efforts to approve cases in June, once there was some forward movement of the Visa Bulletin. They did this to try to avoid the tide of cases expected in July. Each green card approval uses one visa number. If the numbers are all used for the year, then the DOS will issue a revised Visa Bulletin reflecting "unavailable" in the particular category or categories.
©MurthyDotCom
DOS Input
©MurthyDotCom
While there is no 100 percent assurance about this matter, we at the Murthy Law Firm were given a 95-98 percent confirmation of the expectation regarding the Visa Bulletin by a very reliable source. The most vulnerable categories, of course, are those that are typically the victims of retrogression: EB2 and EB3 for India, China, and (potentially) Mexico. If this unprecedented action should occur, it will mean is that the USCIS will reject I-485 cases based upon the anticipated Visa Bulletin revision, if it should, in fact indicate that visa numbers are not available in a particular category.
©MurthyDotCom
Legal Fight Brewing
©MurthyDotCom
There is substantial legal wrangling ongoing because of the anticipation of this unprecedented occurrence. The American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) has announced plans to file suit against the USCIS for any cases rejected due to a revised Visa Bulletin.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
It is difficult to formulate words in reaction to this matter. So, for the time being, we will let our clients and readers know that our full sympathies are with them, as they face yet another potential disappointment. We also let them know that we have been long-time supporters and contributors to AILF and we will fully do our part to fight what comes.
©MurthyDotCom
Please return to this page for updates on this topic.

Canadian_Dream
06-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Allowing to file on July 02 or July 03 depends on visa numbers available which in turn depends usage the preceding month. If all the numbers are used up (meaning Immigration Officers have requested visas from DOS in the process of approving pending I-485) they cannot allow anyone to file on July 02 or July 03 and so on.
I guess currently race is on from USCIS to consume Visa numbers (40,000 or so) from DOS at unprecedented pace. That's why bulletin hasn't changed as yet. USCIS on its part is possibly trying to avoid flood of application at all cost, even if it requires working extra hours (and approving as many cases as possible) if it can save them later. DOS will NOT move the date back until the numbers are used up or near used up. I guess race is on....we will know on Monday. One way to know how true this is will be watching I-485 approvals from now till Monday. We are caught in the tug of war between USCIS and DOS. CIRCus isn't over yesterday....it is back in town again !!!

ramus
06-29-2007, 08:40 PM
This seems like 100% for sure news..

murthy news flash

NewsFlash! DOS Expected to Revise July Visa Bulletin
Posted Jun 29, 2007
©MurthyDotCom
We have received news from the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) that they have reliable information that the July Visa Bulletin will be revised on Monday, July 2nd, or Tuesday, July 3rd. This Visa Bulletin is expected to retrogress many of the categories that were announced as being "Current" for July. It is expected that at least some of the categories will become completely "unavailable." The reason for this is that the USCIS apparently engaged in extraordinary efforts to approve cases in June, once there was some forward movement of the Visa Bulletin. They did this to try to avoid the tide of cases expected in July. Each green card approval uses one visa number. If the numbers are all used for the year, then the DOS will issue a revised Visa Bulletin reflecting "unavailable" in the particular category or categories.
©MurthyDotCom
DOS Input
©MurthyDotCom
While there is no 100 percent assurance about this matter, we at the Murthy Law Firm were given a 95-98 percent confirmation of the expectation regarding the Visa Bulletin by a very reliable source. The most vulnerable categories, of course, are those that are typically the victims of retrogression: EB2 and EB3 for India, China, and (potentially) Mexico. If this unprecedented action should occur, it will mean is that the USCIS will reject I-485 cases based upon the anticipated Visa Bulletin revision, if it should, in fact indicate that visa numbers are not available in a particular category.
©MurthyDotCom
Legal Fight Brewing
©MurthyDotCom
There is substantial legal wrangling ongoing because of the anticipation of this unprecedented occurrence. The American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) has announced plans to file suit against the USCIS for any cases rejected due to a revised Visa Bulletin.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
It is difficult to formulate words in reaction to this matter. So, for the time being, we will let our clients and readers know that our full sympathies are with them, as they face yet another potential disappointment. We also let them know that we have been long-time supporters and contributors to AILF and we will fully do our part to fight what comes.
©MurthyDotCom
Please return to this page for updates on this topic.

nitinba
06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
seems like, now its 98% final and to me its 100% final that I have missed the bus, though I bought tickets for the bus and bus company is refusing to payback the ticket money to me

royus77
06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Allowing to file on July 02 or July 03 depends on visa numbers available which in turn depends usage the preceding month. If all the numbers are used up (meaning Immigration Officers have requested visas from DOS in the process of approving pending I-485) they cannot allow anyone to file on July 02 or July 03 and so on.
I guess currently race is on from USCIS to consume Visa numbers (40,000 or so) from DOS at unprecedented pace. That's why bulletin hasn't changed as yet. USCIS on its part is possibly trying to avoid flood of application at all cost, even if it requires working extra hours (and approving as many cases as possible) if it can save them later. DOS will NOT move the date back until the numbers are used up or near used up. I guess race is on....we will know on Monday. One way to know how true this is will be watching I-485 approvals from now till Monday. We are caught in the tug of war between USCIS and DOS. CIRCus isn't over yesterday....it is back in town again !!!

Can they reject applications that received on 2 july ....logically if the application was received when the Visa date is current it should be accepted. Have to see the timing of the DOS bulletin as they may make it unavailble effective "Now" rather than effective from :" yesterday " if we didnt see any revision to VB today, people whose application received on Monday may be safe ..lets hope

shekhar10c
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=makemygc]well i courier-ed it to my attorney to be supposedly mail out by today but now that law firm is not even responding...so even if move my ass or move my other body parts ...its not going to change any darn thing....I know u must definitely be moving all the way from top to bottom...best of luck..[/QUOTE

gud luck to u too!!!!

rangaswamy
06-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Im signing off the web page for the rest of the weekend.. im going to leave my brains behind and go watch Sivaji.

Lets see what Monday has to offer us. :)

ramus
06-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Same with me... my attorney is not responding either. I guess it is done deal now.. Good luck to all who can file even if dates goes back..I think it will be 'U' for India and china..

[QUOTE=makemygc]well i courier-ed it to my attorney to be supposedly mail out by today but now that law firm is not even responding...so even if move my ass or move my other body parts ...its not going to change any darn thing....I know u must definitely be moving all the way from top to bottom...best of luck..[/QUOTE

gud luck to u too!!!!

OLDMONK
06-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Samcam you are bringing in an Original post so its good. We have had about 5 original posts (not 15000) where people were contacted by law offices including you. since 2:pm PST today.

Other than that every one is referring to immi-law's OH or Aila or Murthy Now, Oh boy what a frenzy. Continue on original thread. Thanks

perm2gc
06-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Folks, first of all don't try to slam me for posting this.. Here is a note that I got from my law firm Paul Hastings.. I am subscribed to their immigration related email.. I got this today.. While this has come as a shock to me, they are still preparing to file my I485.. I did not hear this from my lawyer personally, but only through this newsletter. I will speak to them about this first thing monday morning. Please read the note entirely.. Has anybody else heard about this..

Update on Adjustment Filings for July

Yesterday, we distributed a Client Alert reporting widespread concern as to the accuracy of the Department of State's (DOS) Visa Bulletin for July 2007 and indicating the possibility that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may potentially not accept adjustment of status filings for all, or a part, of July. Today, multiple reliable sources have indicated that, as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week, the DOS could issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. Most likely, some or all of the employment-based immigrant visa categories would again retrogress and may become completely unavailable. The practical impact is that USCIS would almost certainly stop accepting adjustment applications for filing if the revised Visa Bulletin indicates that immigrant visa numbers are not available.

This unexpected development would deviate from many years of agency practice. It would be devastating for companies and foreign national employees who have relied, as they are entitled to do, on the July Visa Bulletin and were anticipating the filing of adjustments throughout the month of July. We have initiated a concerted effort to aggressively address this unprecedented situation through the highest levels of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the DOS. We are joined in this effort by many other organizations, and we are engaging congressional offices for assistance. Many have already agreed to speak with DHS and DOS. We will keep you updated.
i was just called by my attorney and he said same thing

eb3retro
06-29-2007, 08:56 PM
what if someone sent out the documents today 28th june..???

thanks.

mrdelhiite
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Im signing off the web page for the rest of the weekend.. im going to leave my brains behind and go watch Sivaji.

Lets see what Monday has to offer us. :)

someone..suggest all this to Mr. More ... his next movie can be about immigration ... !!
Peace
-M

she81
06-29-2007, 08:59 PM
And I was hoping that my labor stuck at the BEC's will *hopefully* arrive just in time (before september - per what's embedded in BLACK LETTERS on the July VB and DOL) to give me enough to file 140/485... what an awful pathetic joke

drirshad
06-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Damn this sucking life man, no social life, no career life, no nothing life. Even animals must be living a better and meaningful life. It sucks big time, did it ever happen in history that uscis revised a visa bulletin on the day it is supposed to go into effect ....

We must fill their mailbox guys, let tham know this cannot be accepted.

uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov

National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)

drirshad
06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Damn this sucking life man, no social life, no career life, no nothing life. Even animals must be living a better and meaningful life. It sucks big time, did it ever happen in history that uscis revised a visa bulletin on the day it is supposed to go into effect ....

uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov

ramus
06-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Core members:

Do you have any thoughts on this? Should we get ready for law suit and help AILA with this?
Please comment?

uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov

elaiyam
06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Murthy's Flash News

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_062907.html

more at
http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_062907.html

msp1976
And I was hoping that my labor stuck at the BEC's will *hopefully* arrive just in time (before september - per what's embedded in BLACK LETTERS on the July VB and DOL) to give me enough to file 140/485... what an awful pathetic joke

My labor is also stuck in PBEC...

PD_Dec2002
If you were current for June and if the USCIS received your application in June, then you are 100% fine. USCIS stamps the "received date" on the package. So when they open it for processing (1,2,3 weeks later), they will see that your PD was current when they received it.

Of course, if your PD is not current when they open it, then of course, your 485 won't be approved. But you will get your EAD and AP.

Thanks,
Jayant

P.S.: Note that there is some disagreement about whether the USCIS looks at the date they received the package or the date your package is post-marked.

GC08
06-29-2007, 09:16 PM
This does not make sence at all. Why the USCIS would make visa number current then retrogress again? I do not think they make all visa current and not expect a flood of applications. .
I do not thisn that the USCIS did not plan for this. This does not make sense?Did this ever happen before?

There is no sense from those buarocrats because they are incompetent and purely stupid. You are right, USCIS did not plan for this... simply because they never had a plan! They have no idea what damage they can cause to average, hard-working people.

GC08
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
someone..suggest all this to Mr. More ... his next movie can be about immigration ... !!
Peace
-M

I was thinking about the same today.:rolleyes:

sunny1000
06-29-2007, 09:20 PM
here is my theory.

DOS and USCIS played a tactical move by making all the visa numbers current in anticipation of the CIR bill so that the legals wont complain to the senators about retrogression.

Once the CIR went down the drain, they are panicking about the outcome of their tactical error and trying to undo that move.

Again, just my theory...:confused:

cnag
Last week visas moved from U to C ( you see....);)
This week it was CIR(cus):D
Next week visas will move from C to U ( see you)::mad:

ramaonline
According to the newsflash on murthy and other sites, the AILF is working with several organizations to prevent 485 applications from getting rejected next month. Can IV core work with them to make the case stronger?

VMH_GC
06-29-2007, 09:21 PM
if July bulletin is revised on say July2nd or 3rd, What about the cases filed on July 2nd, will it be rejected?

gc_lover
06-29-2007, 09:22 PM
My labor is also stuck in PBEC...

Trust me...you are in better position then those who are stuck because of this USCIS mess!

cygent
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
if July bulletin is revised on say July2nd or 3rd, What about the cases filed on July 2nd, will it be rejected?

YES

greencardvow
06-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Suppose they reject the 485 app on July 2nd after they receive it then will they cash our checks or just return them to us.

gc_lover
06-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Suppose they reject the 485 app on July 2nd after they receive it then will they cash our checks or just return them to us.

No...I don't think they will encash your check!

eb3_nepa
06-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I dont understand why DOS/DHS/USCIS will not do anything RIGHT NOW and wait till July 2nd or 3rd??

gc_check
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Unless we have some options, that comes from Congress that will assist in recapturing the unused visa number, filing I-485 when visa numbers are not available, this is a never ending problem. To get this done, we have to strengthen the lobbying efforts. This can be done only if there are enough funds... It depends on how much folks are willing to contribute. Each individual has to make their own decision what they want.

sunny1000
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I dont understand why DOS/DHS/USCIS will not do anything RIGHT NOW and wait till July 2nd or 3rd??

exactly.....

mihird
06-29-2007, 09:32 PM

They are probably wrangling right now...also it is possible that legality requires any amendments only to be published in July...not earlier..

srikondoji
06-29-2007, 09:35 PM
USCIS will be liable to pay the expenditure incurred by each applicant (laywers fee, medical exam fee, cancelled air tickets etc) and not to mention the mental stress caused by this whole episode of renegging on their visa bulletin.

They should have done in the last week of June instead of waiting for july 2nd monday.
Technically all those applications that will be in the mail before the fresh visa bulletin on monday or tuesday has to be honoured by USCIS come what may.

If not, they will have to face lots of legal cases not to mention the embarassment of incompetency of these USCIS employees.

Let us pool together money for a legal case.

--sri:eek:

factoryman
06-29-2007, 09:37 PM
My new theory is the DOS was influenced by politicians who are attorneys (I beleive that there 50% of lawmakers) and it released a huge Visa Numbers. The politicians have strong connections to law firms. The USCIS doesn't want to do it, because it doesn't have 'resources', 'money', 'manpower. So, they are on a near strike mode, not attending routine works like sending receipts., etc in a timely fashion.

If it is any consoling to you, this is what I posted yesterday at a different thread at IV. Looks like I can re-cycle it today for a larger audience. Click the hyperlink and see the video for yourself.
A strong case of moronic president, moronic problems?

Many issues are being swept under the carpet. I had written a few times earlier. The backlog and GC issues are not truly a numbers game. It is the neo-con regime and the republican culture that had engulfed Washington, its consequences, that had made things miserable for us; we, the legal immigrants.

4/5ths of the illegal immigrants have been here by the time of Clinton's second term. It was a non-issue then. You should understand why is it an issue now? Why can't it the legal and illegal immigration be addressed and solved. In a democracy, things like this can be solved administratively, legislatively and judicially. Adminstratively, we we hit below the belt, in backlogs, in delays, in sudden rule changes (no concurrent filings of PD is not current). Legislatively, they are stalling and falling apart. What is left for the immigrants?

I had written many times earlier.

Why should you know? Why should you understand? It is in your own interests that you understand things wisely. Failure to know what is happening on the ground, what is happening around us is a sure shot for personal failure.

In this connection, see a counter-point on the immigration bill.

http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Caps/cavuto-chong2

See the Entire Video here (http://media2.foxnews.com/062807/062807_cav_chong2_300.wmv)

here is my theory.

DOS and USCIS played a tactical move by making all the visa numbers current in anticipation of the CIR bill so that the legals wont complain to the senators about retrogression.

Once the CIR went down the drain, they are panicking about the outcome of their tactical error and trying to undo that move.

Again, just my theory...:confused:

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 09:37 PM

uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov

I don't intent to sound rude, but why would this make your life "Suck", "no social life" , "no career life", "no nothing life".

Iam in the same position as everybody else, and am deeply dissapointed with the news (hence Iam here), but I just spend 2 hours in a nice pub, drinking nice micro brews, came home had a nice talk with my wife (H4), we are planning on going out for dinner and maybe watch Knocked up afterwards (heard its nice).

If this were to be true, it would delay our GC by another 2-3 years, but we are in this country on our own free will, making good money. Be dissapointed, but this is not the end of the world..Mantain the perspective...

mihird
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't intent to sound rude, but why would this make your life "Suck", "no social life" , "no carreer life", "no nothing life".

Iam in the same position as everybody else, and am deeply dissapointed with the news (hence Iam here), but I just spend 2 hours in a nice pub, drinking nice micro brews, came home had a nice talk with my wife (H4), we are planning on going out for dinner and maybe watch Knocked up afterwords (heard its nice).

If this were to be true, it would delay our GC by another 2-3 years, but we are in this country on our own free will, making good money. Be dissapointed, but this is not the end of the world..Mantain the perspective...

To quote it in a much broader sense, America is not the end of the world - period! Just take it easy and enjoy life...don't freak out if the visa bulletin updates and you don't get to file your 485...we are all in this country by our free will..if we feel the rules of the land are not fair to us..each one of us is free to leave....

On another front, if this actually does happen, I will be the first person to sue USCIS for all the expenses, lost time and headaches that I incurred in preparing the 485 application...I think USCIS can't get away without reimbursing everyone for all of the above...

tampacoolie
06-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Well said. Lets forget this USCIS and DOS nonsense and focus on our daily lives and some vodka !!!. Cheers

she81
06-29-2007, 09:55 PM
To quote it in a much broader sense, America is not the end of the world - period! Just take it easy and enjoy life...don't freak out if the visa bulletin updates and you don't get to file your 485...we are all in this country by our free will..if we feel the rules of the land are not fair to us..each one of us is free to leave....

On another front, if this actually does happen, I will be the first person to sue USCIS for all the expenses, lost time and headaches that I incurred in preparing the 485 application...I think USCIS can't get away without reimbursing everyone for all of the above...

Agreed it is not the end of the world... but no monetary sum can reimburse the stress we've gone through and going through, the number of years worrying, the numerous decisions we've deferred, the immobility of career we've gone through... just in anticipation. They just brought all these people to the well to quench their thirst only to find out that it's but dried up.

rahulpaper
06-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't intent to sound rude, but why would this make your life "Suck", "no social life" , "no carreer life", "no nothing life".

Iam in the same position as everybody else, and am deeply dissapointed with the news (hence Iam here), but I just spend 2 hours in a nice pub, drinking nice micro brews, came home had a nice talk with my wife (H4), we are planning on going out for dinner and maybe watch Knocked up afterwords (heard its nice).

just curious...

royus77
06-29-2007, 10:00 PM

I like this part ...

syzygy
06-29-2007, 10:06 PM
This is very serious now, We all better be prepared to screw USCIS if it messes this time.

I like this part ...

OLDMONK
06-29-2007, 10:06 PM
NO Matter how many people say "Take it easy" its simply not possible, you will have to be a superhuman to do that. Sure its stressfull but no more stressful than boarding your first flight to USA. no more stressful than attending 1st H1B interview at the consulate or your first client interview. So in the end, we have been through all the hurdles with most of us surviving 2001-2002 job markets and now is 2007.

The point is we have been through all that successfully and thats a BIG WIN. So we will be through this too, but not without stress. The day we decided to come to USA and until now we have been successful as we are resourceful and can improvise at a short notice and we will. We are shrewd individuals and We Will PREVAIL.

royus77
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
This is very serious now, We all better be prepared to screw USCIS if it messes this time.

Lets wait first for our fee checks to be back .....

royus77
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Lets wait first for our fee checks to return .....

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
just curious...

I like IPAs...Iam in seattle, they have this nice brewery (Pike Place Brewery), the head brewer over there, split open a new cask of this mild IPA, It had a nice bitter after taste. Kindoff like this whole fiasco (except the nice part)

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
NO Matter how many people say "Take it easy" its simply not possible, you will have to be a superhuman to do that. Sure its stressfull but no more stressful than boarding your first flight to USA. no more stressful than attending 1st H1B interview at the consulate or your first client interview. So in the end, we have been through all the hurdles with most of us surviving 2001-2002 job markets and now is 2007.

The point is we have been through all that successfully and thats a BIG WIN. So we will be through this too, but not without stress. The day we decided to come to USA and until now we have been successful as we are resourceful and can improvise at a short notice and we will. We are shrewd individuals and We Will PREVAIL.

Amen....

sunny1000
06-29-2007, 10:12 PM
My new theory is the DOS was influenced by politicians who are attorneys (I beleive that there 50% of lawmakers) and it released a huge Visa Numbers. The politicians have strong connections to law firms. The USCIS doesn't want to do it, because it doesn't have 'resources', 'money', 'manpower. So, they are on a near strike mode, not attending routine works like sending receipts., etc in a timely fashion.

If it is any consoling to you, this is what I posted yesterday at a different thread at IV. Looks like I can re-cycle it today for a larger audience. Click the hyperlink and see the video for yourself.
A strong case of moronic president, moronic problems?

Many issues are being swept under the carpet. I had written a few times earlier. The backlog and GC issues are not truly a numbers game. It is the neo-con regime and the republican culture that had engulfed Washington, its consequences, that had made things miserable for us; we, the legal immigrants.

4/5ths of the illegal immigrants have been here by the time of Clinton's second term. It was a non-issue then. You should understand why is it an issue now? Why can't it the legal and illegal immigration be addressed and solved. In a democracy, things like this can be solved administratively, legislatively and judicially. Adminstratively, we we hit below the belt, in backlogs, in delays, in sudden rule changes (no concurrent filings of PD is not current). Legislatively, they are stalling and falling apart. What is left for the immigrants?

I had written many times earlier.

Why should you know? Why should you understand? It is in your own interests that you understand things wisely. Failure to know what is happening on the ground, what is happening around us is a sure shot for personal failure.

In this connection, see a counter-point on the immigration bill.

http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Caps/cavuto-chong2

See the Entire Video here (http://media2.foxnews.com/062807/062807_cav_chong2_300.wmv)

Sorry for the repeat post, if you already posted it....I knew somebody else might hv thought of it too...hope we are wrong and this is all some technical math problem that DOS/USCIS got wrong this time.