PDA

View Full Version : Do not start new threads on controvertial issue

logiclife
06-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Do not start new thread to respond back or add to what gc_hoga_re has said. His post was offensive to members and detrimental to the organization.

That thread is now closed and gc_hoga_re has been banned.

To those who dont like censorship and moderation of forums:

Immigration Voice neither promises nor practices "Free speech" and "First amendment rights" claimed by members who dont like moderation and censorship.

We are an organization for Greencard backlogs advocacy, not civil rights like First amendment rights and free speech. In order to worship civil rights like free speech and first amendment rights, please join the ACLU (www.aclu.org).

Also, Immigration Voice is in its full rights to censor its own site as the site is owned by organization and it is not a public property. Your first amendment rights to "Say whatever you feel like" are guaranteed by the constitution to protect you from congress passing laws that can take away those rights. The constitutional rights dont guarantee you the right to say whatever you want on other citizen's/organization's property/website/domain. So please do not come back to preach the US constitution to the core group. There are thousands of blogs, sites and discussion forums that practice much higher level of censorship. The only way to guarantee the retention of online material is to start your own website and we encourage members who find Immigration Voice as a "Restrictive" or "Non Democratic" website to do that.

Immigration Voice will ban users, ban posts, delete posts, close threads and remove material that is detrimental to the organization.

Also, gc_hoga_re has been banned for posting offensive material.

akp
06-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I do not know what was posted. But if it was not offensive language (and I mean offensive as in use of swear words), I do not agree that moderator or super moderator should delete it. Let it be there, if it is useless drivel, it will be ignored by most. So deleting an opinion or comment does not sound right, and it undermines the credibility of forum, especially in the US where these sort of things not taken lightly (think of communist label).
I understand the concept of keeping focus on immigration matters only, but leave it to members for most part.
The implication of our way or highway sounds childish.
Just my opinion in an "open" forum.

gcForV
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Do not start new thread to respond back or add to what gc_hoga_re has said. His post was offensive to members and detrimental to the organization.

That thread is now closed and gc_hoga_re has been banned.

To those who dont like censorship and moderation of forums:

Immigration Voice neither promises nor practices "Free speech" and "First amendment rights" claimed by members who dont like moderation and censorship.

We are an organization for Greencard backlogs advocacy, not civil rights like First amendment rights and free speech. In order to worship civil rights like free speech and first amendment rights, please join the ACLU (www.aclu.org).

Also, Immigration Voice is in its full rights to censor its own site as the site is owned by organization and it is not a public property. Your first amendment rights to "Say whatever you feel like" are guaranteed by the constitution to protect you from congress passing laws that can take away those rights. The constitutional rights dont guarantee you the right to say whatever you want on other citizen's/organization's property/website/domain. So please do not come back to preach the US constitution to the core group. There are thousands of blogs, sites and discussion forums that practice much higher level of censorship. The only way to guarantee the retention of online material is to start your own website and we encourage members who find Immigration Voice as a "Restrictive" or "Non Democratic" website to do that.

Immigration Voice will ban users, ban posts, delete posts, close threads and remove material that is detrimental to the organization.

Also, gc_hoga_re has been banned for posting offensive material.
Wow Wow Wow.
Watch out..Before typing think.
You are the Administrator of the site!!!
I do understand the wild posts though

lifesucksinUS
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow Wow Wow.

why ?????whats wrong with what the administrator has written..

Almond
07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow Wow Wow.

What are you drinking, I think it's you who has to watch out. And how rude of you to tell someone else to think before they type, especially the administrator of the site. It looks to me like he did think before he typed all that and it makes perfect sense. You come on here and want to be a member, you live by their rules, whatever those rules may be, otherwise you're free to go somewhere else. Simple as that. It's their website, they do as they wish, you don't like it, good bye. "Watch out..Before typing think". You're hysterical.

GCard_Dream
07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
With new threads being created every minute, it's hard to keep track of relevant threads in "Recent Forum Posts" section of the homepage. I am not saying that some threads are irrelevant but there are bunch of threads talking about the same issue or news. Lot of members create new threads without realizing that the topic has been discussed already in some other thread. Some threads are personal in nature (nothing wrong with that) but not all members will benefit from that and so on....

In light of that, I was wondering if there is a way for core team to identify the top 5 or so useful threads and always keep it on the top of the "Recent Forum Posts". All other threads can be displayed further down. This will just allow those top 5 threads (like for media drive, IV action items, breaking news, etc) to be visible on the homepage all the time and members will have easy access to those threads.

I am not a webpage designer to I don't know how difficult that would be to implement but just a suggestion.

immm
07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it is in the best interest of ImmigrationVoice and its members that offensive and derogatory messages be deleted/banned as they serve to harm the group as a whole.

However, the statement quoted below, if used out of context, will serve to be just as detrimental to ImmigrationVoice and its members because Free speech is the hallmark of this great country.
I would recommend that this statement be rephrased to say that while ImmigrationVoice champions the free speech, it is in the best interest of its members that the offensive posts be censored :

Immigration Voice neither promises nor practices "Free speech" and "First amendment rights"

bitzbytz
07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
i backup admin...no threads for illegal issues. May be we can use private messages.