PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Class Action Law Suit

justin150377
07-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Since AILF has already issued a preliminary notice about a class action law suit if USCIS rejects applications under a revised bulletin this is a preliminary poll on how many of us would join the law suit? I for one will join the law suit. Understand that you will have to reveal all details about yourself and application in the lawsuit and those details will be transparent to DOS and USCIS.

justin150377
07-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll join..I'd only have to go back to Canada. I can understand why the thousands on here would not. However, Canadian permanant residency is easier to get, anyone applying for it?

Radhika
07-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I am also ready to join in the lawsuit.
I didn't presser my parents about the bc and i took INS doctors appointment next week, thinking that dates are current for complete month why rush? so I can't file by tomorrow

reddog
07-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I am also ready to join in the lawsuit.
I didn't presser my parents about the bc and i took INS doctors appointment next week, thinking that dates are current for complete month why rush? so I can't file by tomorrow
You did the right thing. Nothing is going to retrogress atleast till the 15th of the month(this is when the Visa bulletin usually comes out).

I am not a lawyer, do not act one on TV and never stayed at a Holiday Inn.

royus77
07-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyone willing to join the lawsuit should be willing to join by giving full information about themselves and about their application. Yesterday core members asked this question on a thread and only one person out of thousands of people who visited the site said they are interested. Let us see who all are truely willing to join this lawsuit? It is very easy to annonymously post such messages, but when people cannot even give their corect email id , name and phone number in their profile I highly doubt a lawsuit will be possible.

Let us see on this thread how many members are willing to join a lawsuit?

Mostly of the people just think its just giving the annonymous name,phone numbers and getting the benefit of the decision .Please read these point and understand carefully before jumping.

Please be aware, though, that USCIS is likely to examine plaintiffs’ adjustment of status applications more closely than it otherwise might. It may ask the plaintiffs questions and ask for additional information about their adjustment applications or immigration status. See below regarding “discovery.”

http://www.murthy.com/current485/VisaBulletinFAQ6-29-07.pdf

ilwaiting
07-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Then looks like they have to review at least 94% of the cases they rejected.

Mostly of the people just think its just giving the annonymous name,phone numbers and getting the benefit of the decision .Please read these point and understand carefully before jumping.

Please be aware, though, that USCIS is likely to examine plaintiffs’ adjustment of status applications more closely than it otherwise might. It may ask the plaintiffs questions and ask for additional information about their adjustment applications or immigration status. See below regarding “discovery.”

dunkin
07-01-2007, 04:20 PM
will it help to also write to our respective senators regarding this?

royus77
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Since AILF has already issued a preliminary notice about a class action law suit if USCIS rejects applications under a revised bulletin this is a preliminary poll on how many of us would join the law suit? I for one will join the law suit. Understand that you will have to reveal all details about yourself and application in the lawsuit and those details will be transparent to DOS and USCIS.

Can you reveal the userid in the reults .....i would like to see who ever voted to support infact have their profiles updated::rolleyes:

justin150377
07-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Can you reveal the userid in the reults .....i would like to see who ever voted to support infact have their profiles updated::rolleyes:

I can't find the option to do this even though I created the thread, if a moderator reads this please allow users to view the users voting in the poll. You bring up a good point, if there is transparency in the law suit there might as well be transparency now.

drirshad
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
For all the nights of no sleep and days of uncertainty. Ready to go to the end of the tunnel this time .....

sertasheep
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't think there's a way one can display the names of the people who participated in this poll.

bk_ravi@yahoo.com
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
By all means , I want to participate in this law suit. I dont want to hide anything from DOS or USCIS as I have not lied. My user id in this forum is real email id.

nfinity
07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I am in as well. If they play games with peoples lives, USCIS does need to be sued.

Radhika
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Let them ask questions and many as RFEs. why to worry we are here as legal Immigrants. I am ready to take the pain which is far better. and it si best way to make them realize.

justin150377
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
time to sue...

pcs
07-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I will sign up but HOW TO ????

coolwiz26
07-03-2007, 01:59 AM
I will sue them too. They need to be punished for what they have done. pls tell me the procedure and I will do it.

-C