PDA

View Full Version : Fedex same day delivery

beautifulMind
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Doesn't fedex have a same day delivery? I was hoping to mail my app early morning tomorrow to be delivered same day and get a date of july 2nd..anybody else thought of this?

bheemi
07-01-2007, 07:44 PM
fedex have same day delivery..call them and findout..

Maon
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, they do and they are working overtime today - anyways, for same day delivery you need to have a qualified account number or know someone who has one- family , friend, co-worker etc. Get that account number and call up fedex 1-800-399-5999 ( this is their same day delivery number) . Good luck !!!

gc_chahiye
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
UPS has something called SonicAir which ensures same-day delivery. Would cost you between $200-$400 depending on where you are in the US. One catch is that you need to have a UPS account to be able to use this service (which means you need help from your company if they have a UPS account, you cant use this service just as an individual).

Depending on how much you are willing to pay they will do everything from:

- pickup from your office + truck it to airport + airplane + truck to delivery destination (this is what costs $200-$400)

- have someone pick up the doc from your place and hand carry it to the destination (driving and flying on the way as required)

- charter a plane just to fly out the document you need sent

p7810456
07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Doesn't fedex have a same day delivery? I was hoping to mail my app early morning tomorrow to be delivered same day and get a date of july 2nd..anybody else thought of this?

They do have the sameday delivery.. the price starts at 175.00+.. I had one pickup scheduled last night from FL to AZ, for Monday morning delivery for 300.00 dollars. After placing the order.. I got the tickets and I decided to fly myself out.. so had to cancel the order.. but the catch is...

If you were to cancel your order, you can only do so within 30 minutes after placing the oder.. otherwise you'll end up paying some extra-charges ( i got charged for some 110 dollarS)

Good luck!

beautifulMind
07-01-2007, 09:50 PM
wow...thats too expensive..I guess i will just use USPS express (next day delivery).

I was trying to save an extra day..maybe I am just being too paranoid here and breathe easy..it is not the end of the world..

THough I would definitaly hate myself if they allowed all app till july 2nd and I did not use the same day service for $200-$400..

green card is becoming more and more like a lottery

GCBy3000
07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
IS there any option of handing out the packet? I thought they need the postal stamping and date. I may be wrong. For security reasons, they would accept only through approved postal services.

If they allow in-person delivery then someday million people would be standing in line in front of USCIS. May be the day when CIR passes and the dates become current just for the vote bank.

They do have the sameday delivery.. the price starts at 175.00+.. I had one pickup scheduled last night from FL to AZ, for Monday morning delivery for 300.00 dollars. After placing the order.. I got the tickets and I decided to fly myself out.. so had to cancel the order.. but the catch is...

If you were to cancel your order, you can only do so within 30 minutes after placing the oder.. otherwise you'll end up paying some extra-charges ( i got charged for some 110 dollarS)

Good luck!

p7810456
07-02-2007, 12:12 AM
IS there any option of handing out the packet? I thought they need the postal stamping and date. I may be wrong. For security reasons, they would accept only through approved postal services.

If they allow in-person delivery then someday million people would be standing in line in front of USCIS. May be the day when CIR passes and the dates become current just for the vote bank.

Forgot to include information that i had to fly to hand out my papers to attorney in AZ.. not to USCIS. Attorney wanted me to send him few papers at any cost by sunday evening. Those guys worked both weekend.. and have been working in shifts, possibly all night long.. to prepare/file as many applications as possible.

Lets see what happens!

docusmle
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
today when i called Fedex,they said Fedex wont deliver mails to PO Box.
Which address you all are sending application?
Thanks