PDA

View Full Version : July VB Rumour /Confusion Updates from member's attorney

gc_check
07-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Folks, Please share any updates if received from your attorney's pertaining to this July VB revision rumors and confusion. This will assist in getting some updates for guys like me and other members you have little or no communication with attorney/legal department after submission of our documents. We are just hoping they took care...

smsthss
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I just spoke to my attorney. He told me that he also have the same information that we guys know. He told he is on top of this (keeping track of the developments). He also told me according to him..that the revised july visa need not necessarily come out on 2nd or 3rd. it may be now or mid july. He also told me..there might not even be a revised bulletin. Nobody is sure. He told he is tryin to rush in his applications. Told me..mine was going out today.

voldemar
07-02-2007, 11:29 AM
All EB Unavailable
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html

sreenivas11
07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY

The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:

Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation

have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Department of State Publication 9514

delhirocks
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
ouch...

hindu_king
07-02-2007, 11:33 AM
So after 2 weeks of torture and $4000 later we are all screwed.

jonty_11
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
===================
Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation

have been made "available".=============
================================

I think they meant to put UNAVAILABLE there....
bastards dont know how to spell !!!

delhirocks
07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
ah well...atleast I can get back to work now, my productivity had dropped many folds since this drama started.

Its time to make money for my beloved employer.;)

tnite
07-02-2007, 12:56 PM
UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY

The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:

have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Department of State Publication 9514

ie. they will not approve any more GC's for 2007. The question is will they accept applications mailed in today and keep them in abeyance ? I hope so...
What a waste!!!!!!

bp333
07-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Per the updated bulletin. Can we apply or not apply 485.

Also, how come they didn't know on May 15th when the moved the dates to 2003..

All of us care is EAD/AP, they can approve the GC when the visa's become available.. why cannot they just take 485s and start processing and then keep it a side until visas are available.

md_alien
07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Probably not, this sucks big time man...

ie. they will not approve any more GC's for 2007. The question is will they accept applications mailed in today and keep them in abeyance ? I hope so...
What a waste!!!!!!

gc_check
07-02-2007, 01:04 PM
This is ridiculous. Lots of stress for most guys and even bad for members you had their vacation cut short and returned to US for applying AOS. At least I know one friend who had his family return from India. Only thing is we all have the required documents ready to go and the medical is valid for a year, and if and (IF) the date’s moves forward in October, we can still use the same.

Anyway, we got to deal with this and use this opportunity to educate people on this and may be we need to start a fax campaign and send to congress and the government agencies and emphasize on the necessity to recapture the unused visa from past and find a way to be able to apply for I-485 while the visa numbers are not available, which could be the only option that would alleviate many issues for the members stuck in retrogression. This is not happend with any intervention from Congress, which requires lots of lobbying and money.

Hope we at IV can do something and get some assit from competeamerica, etc... to do something about this.

pa_arora
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Read that again..they said it right..."All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation" have been made available.

SO to say they have made available whatever they had for 2007..and they are now out of it.

-p

===================

have been made "available".=============
================================

I think they meant to put UNAVAILABLE there....
bastards dont know how to spell !!!