PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Flowers

qtoask
07-03-2007, 01:56 PM
How many of you are FOR sending flowers to USCIS?

Plan of Action:

1. Flowers delivery on July 10 morning

Address: Emilio T. Gonzalez
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Phone number: 202-307-1565

2. Start media Drive on July 8th
" Unique Protest by Legal Immigrants:
Hundres of Flowers sent to Emilio T. Gonzalez office to protest aganist Latest USCIS change of rules in the middle of the month leaving many in a state of disbelief, frustration and confusion. The Change of rules costing thousands dollors loss for law abiding, tax paying legal immigrants."

3. Promote.
----------------------------------------

Updates:

Media Coverage:
----------------

Promote this story... in your personal email as signature....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri/articleshow/2183334.cms

mundada
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Instead let us send truck full of flowers to WHITE HOUSE

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Look the the Gandhigiri to DOS thread!

mrsr
07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I hope they will not screw every one else for the flower business

hazishak
07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
It's a great idea to send flowers to the USCIS. Lets do it on 9th july.

gangwar
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I already posted someone from IV should writeup a letter to USCIS and DOS which we should attache with flowers.

even if we could send 5000 flowers which will enough to attract their attention.

Good Luck

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
We are not coming on to the roads...just we are telling them our concerns and how badly every one effected, in a very polite way...it is not a crime...some alreay placed orders for 10th July..lts stick to that date..

bp333
07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Guess, we should collect money for flowers and then send it as one big order this would get their attention opposed to several small orders over a period of time that might go unnoticed.

Any one agress? If so, lets open a collection for it and pick a date.

===============================

Contributed $100 so far.
Registered last month.

mundada
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
We definitely need to send ONE BIG ORDER like a truck full of roses for screwing us. It should have many letters with how people lives have been changed because of their stupidity.

srikondoji
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I will contribute $25 for this. It is better to send all flowers at once and or individually.

Sending it individually will definitely irritate the receivers and bring attention.
Just do it.I am all for it.

Guess, we should collect money for flowers and then send it as one big order this would get their attention opposed to several small orders over a period of time that might go unnoticed.

Contributed $100 so far.
Registered last month.

prashantkh
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Lets do it. It would be great if some one with excellent writing skills and complete understanding of the situation can draft a letter.

bp333
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Seems like others agree.. well that being said and me being faily new here can someone set up a fund collection ? and if they can guide me through on how to pay, I will do it.

Lets start collecting and pick a date..

bomber
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Contributed $100 so far.
Registered last month.

I guess anything is fine.. those who want to send individually, can do as, and those who want to get organized and send one big truck, should do that. As long as they get the message and we get some media attention..

Grab all copies of "Munna Bhai......" , All Govt agencies are going to order it next week. we can recover some of our losses selling them at a premium :D

immi_twinges
07-03-2007, 02:56 PM
When and where should we send flowers?
Or we sending to the service centers TSC NSC...?
or to the USCIS office?

Red for love
white for friendship
what is the color for disappointment?

May be we can introduce some color for disappointment.....!

Also, why is this forum not showing up on the main page?:(

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't understand why people are waiting for approval from IV? We are doing nothing illegal if that is what you are afraid of! Or are you afraid that the USCIS will come after you because you sent them Flowers???

If you think sending flowers are a good idea then send them PLEASE! Currently people have ordered flowers with a delivery date of July 10th. It will be great if USCIS gets them all on the same day!

Don't wait for approval from IV! You are all individuals you can make the decision for yourselves!

if anyone is interested -

Select Occasion: "Sympathy"

The message could be :

"Kindly do not return our I-485 petitions in July and honor the original DOS visa bulletin"
[ first-name last-name ] - An employment based immigrant.

Delivery location type is Business, US Citizenship and Immigration Service

Address:

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

possible choices of flowers -

http://www.ftd.com/528/catalog/produ...Go.x=13&Go.y=9
http://www.ftd.com/350/catalog/produ...roduct_id=F488
http://www.proflowers.com/landingSea...twork=goo gle

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Let us send the roses this time..if it doesnt work we will try..

http://www.yorkflowers.com/cgi-bin/yorkitem-dba.cgi/C39-2942

Send the flowers..nothing wrong in that...

BELOW NOTE FROM MODERATOR:
Dear Members,

One would not be able to assess the impact of sending flowers. They could get noticed, or they may not. Hence, please use your own discretion and judgment. If you indeed wish to express your sentiments by sending flowers, please send it as an independent affected individual and NOT on behalf of Immigration Voice.

Also, we suggest refraining (ie do not use )from using strong, inflammatory adjectives or inappropriate language.

IV does not mean to discourage you in anyway.

she81
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM

I am of the same opinion. Sending them to the white house house will be more effective and will generate more curiosity in the media then sending to USCIS/DOS. Any takers for that?

immi_twinges
07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
What note must be attached to the flowers?
I guess it will be better if its uniform.
Lets make sure that its sweet and embarrassing for them.

We dont want to show our anger in a direct way.

Also how many of you have already sent the flowers?
Lets be organized
:cool:

carbon
07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Instead of sending flowers (which they might think due to successfuly
processing 60000 cases! and not because of the july bulletine changes)

How about having a Vigil for the "Murder of our American Dream and hope"
right in the Washington DC

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Once you send the flowers poll @

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6029

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't understand why people are waiting for approval from IV? We are doing nothing illegal if that is what you are afraid of! Or are you afraid that the USCIS will come after you because you sent them Flowers???

If you think sending flowers are a good idea then send them PLEASE! Currently people have ordered flowers with a delivery date of July 10th. It will be great if USCIS gets them all on the same day!

Don't wait for approval from IV! You are all individuals you can make the decision for yourselves!

if anyone is interested -

Select Occasion: "Sympathy"

The message: All the best for future Employment Based visa estimates

Address:

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

For those wanting to send flowers to the white house... do you think that 100 bouquets of flowers can get inside the white house on a single day? And do you really think that the media will even know about it? The secret service will be on it so quickly that not even a mouse will know!

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Sending to white house is no use...BUSH him self not in a position to PASS his own bill (CIR)..what he is gonna do for us :D ..it is waste of time and money...and already some members sent the flowers to

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

So let us send the flowers to US Citizenship and Immigration Service

Just idea..

conchshell
07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Please send flowers to DOS and USCIS first. If this fails than we may send them to white house. Can someone please draft a nice letter that memebrs can use when sending flowers. July 10th seems to be a reasonable date, but we should make it known to as many people as possible.

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Please send flowers to DOS and USCIS first. If this fails than we may send them to white house. Can someone please draft a nice letter that memebrs can use when sending flowers. July 10th seems to be a reasonable date, but we should make it known to as many people as possible.

We intend to write just one line of text (at least those of us that already sent the flowers put this on a sympathy card) -

"All the best for future employment based visa estimates"

samcam
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
does anybody know for a fact that sending flowers is legal? did any of you check with your lawyer?

sadhimoorthy
07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Emilio's number is not in service.

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
http://lofgren.house.gov/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=1808

This is good news...

conchshell
07-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Dear Friends,

USCIS is rejecting applications to adjust status (Form I-485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are not current under the revised July Visa Bulletin. In order to oppose this decision and let USCIS/DOS know about the feelings of thousands of legal immigrants, <EDITED>

The idea is to mark July 10th 2007, as a Gandhigiri day. We encourage everyone to send flowers and a 'get well soon'/'Sympathy' card to USCIS and DOS to convey our feelings. This will not only cause emberassment to USCIS/DOS top brass but also bring good amount of media attention.

Please user the following address to ship the flowers:

1. Secretary Rice,
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Phone: 202-647-4000

2. USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez
USCIS Headquarters
Washington, D.C. 20529
(202) 307-3587

Please visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6025 for further details and a draft 'get well soon' letter.

Please send this email to as many people as possible.

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 04:19 PM
does anybody know for a fact that sending flowers is legal? did any of you check with your lawyer?

We are not doing any crime here..we r just sending the flowers...and we are expressing our feelings...i think there is no offense in this.

correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Chandra.

samcam
07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
When it comes to things like this I think we should know for a fact.. Please don't get me wrong, I will send flowers if the IV core recommends (because I have faith that they would have checked the legality of this issue).. it may not be a crime, but no body knows that for a fact yet.. I tried to do some research but could not find anything yet...

We are not doing any crime here..we r just sending the flowers...and we are expressing our feelings...i think there is no offense in this.

correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Chandra.

bomber
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
07/03/2007: Congresswoman Lofgren's Statement on July Visa Bulletin Revision and USCIS 485 Rejection

* Rep. Lofgren released the statement expressing concern on the incident. The statement indicates that she sent Secretaries Rice and Chertoff letters asking them to reconsider any mid-month updates of the July Visa Bulletin. As people know, she is the powerful Chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee Immigration Subcommittee. Her statement is very important in two areas. One is the political attention we desperately need. The other is potential impact on the House action on employment-based immigration legislation as impacted by the incidents. Very important development politically.

blue_line
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
some one should come up with what we need to write in the note..
and also.. are we planning to include our names?

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM

LOL!!!

I hope you don't intend to grab the flowers from your own garden! If you are planning on doing that then they might come to your house and do a chemical analysis on the flowers... but if you send them through an established florist like kabloom or FTD etc... All you did is place the order! And the message you convey is a sympathetic "good luck"

Of course if you put threatening messages then you are just asking for trouble!

conchshell
07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Please first take the email content from page 2 of this thread and start sending emails. We need to let people become aware of this thread.

acecupid
07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
When it comes to things like this I think we should know for a fact.. Please don't get me wrong, I will send flowers if the IV core recommends (because I have faith that they would have checked the legality of this issue).. it may not be a crime, but no body knows that for a fact yet.. I tried to do some research but could not find anything yet...

Samcam, Dont take the cactus post seriously. :D Cactus can be considered a harmful object, but sending normal flowers from a florist is not a crime. We are not threatening anyone, just conveying a message of protest.

Do we know if emileo g has any pollen allergies ? ;)

franklin
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Are you people serious? You'll fork out money for flowers. Save your money, contribute to IV instead

YesGC_NoGC
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
We must send flowers together on one single day or we should drop the idea. as mentioned at leat 2000. I will try and get atleast 10 more people to send.

vjverma
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Needless to say, sending all these on one day is the way to do it. Also, it won't take too much publicity for the news channels to pick this up.

vjverma
07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I heard from an unconfirmed source that over 100,000 applications were delieverd to NSC on July 2nd. We can at least send 1000 bouquets. And, don't worry, this is in addition to any contribution to IV.

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Needless to say, sending all these on one day is the way to do it. Also, it won't take too much publicity for the news channels to pick this up.

That is the idea!

July 10th is the delivery date.

Spread the word... and may everyone act... not just speak!

qtoask
07-03-2007, 05:02 PM

syzygy
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Lets send to white house, that is what matters, USCIS is just a puppet

chanduy9
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM

Once you place order pls poll @

So we will have exact count.

WaitingForMyGC
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Should we also send one casket too? They can send back our rejected applications in it.

saimrathi
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
No, they arent dead..

Should we also send one casket too? They can send back our rejected applications in it.

acruix
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
With a common message let me know and I will send flowers for the common cause.

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
With a common message let me know and I will send flowers for the common cause.

Delivery date July 10th

Select Occasion: "Sympathy" \ "Get Well"

Address:

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

delhirocks
07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Flowers sent for Jul10th delivery...

Step 7: Order Confirmed
Your Order Confirmation: EGONZA0xxxx
You will receive a confirmation e-mail at xxxx@yahoo.com shortly.
Please be sure to check all of your email folders in case your receipt is filtered out of your main inbox by your email software or settings. Print Continue Shopping Sign Out

ORDER ID:
EGONZA0xxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio Gonzalez
Company:
Address: 20 Massachusetts Ave Northwest

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: All the best for future Employment Based
visa estimates

Day Phone: 202-307-1565
Evening Phone:
E-mail:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DELIVERY DATE:
Tuesday, July 10, 2007

DELIVERY TYPE:
Express Delivery

drona
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
We should forward this effort to Murthy forum, immigration portal, and all related immigration forums.

smartsteve
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Guys,
The USCIS/DOS can do whatever they want. Its their country. Its not yours and even after you get your GC its still not your country. Why are you all sooooo irritated by this? What will a GC give you anyway?

conchshell
07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Dear Friends,

USCIS is rejecting applications to adjust status (Form I-485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are not current under the revised July Visa Bulletin. In order to oppose this decision and let USCIS/DOS know about the feelings of thousands of legal immigrants, a noble flower campaign is started at immigrationvoice.org

The idea is to mark July 10th 2007, as a Gandhigiri day. We encourage everyone to send flowers and a 'get well soon'/'Sympathy' card to USCIS and DOS to convey our feelings. This will not only cause emberassment to USCIS/DOS top brass but also bring good amount of media attention.

Please user the following address to ship the flowers:

1. Secretary Rice,
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Phone: 202-647-4000

2. USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez
USCIS Headquarters
Washington, D.C. 20529
(202) 307-3587

Please visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6025 for further details and a draft 'get well soon' letter.

Please send this email to as many people as possible.

asanghi
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
you guys are sending flowers. I thought it was a lighthearted thread.

I seriously doubt, without having seen the movie or background they will understand the point you are trying to make.

jayram123
07-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Your Order Confirmation: EGONZA0EG3HU
You will receive a confirmation e-mail at XXX shortly.
Please be sure to check all of your email folders in case your receipt is filtered out of your main inbox by your email software or settings. Print Continue Shopping Sign Out

ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EG3HU

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Company: US Citizenship and Immigration Service
Address: 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Best Wishes and hope you expedite our
Employment based Green Card processing
in future.

Jay.
Evening Phone:
E-mail:

DELIVERY DATE:
Tuesday, July 10, 2007

DELIVERY TYPE:
Express Delivery

prashantkh
07-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Why are you here?

Remember this country was formed by immigrants!!!!!

Guys,
The USCIS/DOS can do whatever they want. Its their country. Its not yours and even after you get your GC its still not your country. Why are you all sooooo irritated by this? What will a GC give you anyway?

delhirocks
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
you guys are sending flowers. I thought it was a lighthearted thread.

I seriously doubt, without having seen the movie or background they will understand the point you are trying to make.

Sarcasm is a universal trait..

prashantkh
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
We should send emaill to all the media outlets, regarding this event. Just to ensure it doesn't get left out due to the likes of Paris.

We should forward this effort to Murthy forum, immigration portal, and all related immigration forums.

asanghi
07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Guys,

Smartass joins the forum and this is the first message he posts.

conchshell
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Please do not send flowers till we have a common letter. I agree with "asanghi" that we need to explain as to why are we sending these flowers. If we don't do this, the flowers will sit on some USCIS officer's table..... making his day beautifull.

dtekkedil
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Please do not send flowers till we have a common letter. I agree with "asanghi" that we need to explain as to why are we sending these flowers. If we don't do this, the flowers will sit on some USCIS officer's table..... making his day beautifull.

100s of orders of flowers all addresses to one person... With a similar message... trust me they will get the point! And to top it... if we let the media know about this campaign...

Isn't that enough?

The media will cover it because it is news to them. We aren't going to walk up to the city centers and cause mayhem... we are showing our protest in a peaceful, trouble to no one (except maybe USCIS), unique way!

The explanation as to why we are doing this should be done by the ones informing the news agencies! It shouldn't go with the flowers! And we should inform the media only if we get enough people ready to mail those flowers... otherwise we would look like fools!

Also... don't wait for someone else to do things for you! Because if you do... that is all that you will be doing - waiting.

Hope Nike doesn't sue me for this... but... Just Do It!

krishnam70
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
100s of orders of flowers all addresses to one person... With a similar message... trust me they will get the point! And to top it... if we let the media know about this campaign...

Isn't that enough?

The media will cover it because it is news to them. We aren't going to walk up to the city centers and cause mayhem... we are showing our protest in a peaceful, trouble to no one (except maybe USCIS), unique way!

The explanation as to why we are doing this should be done by the ones informing the news agencies! It shouldn't go with the flowers! And we should inform the media only if we get enough people ready to mail those flowers... otherwise we would look like fools!

Also... don't wait for someone else to do things for you! Because if you do... that is all that you will be doing - waiting.

Hope Nike doesn't sue me for this... but... Just Do It!

yep, i have sent emails to news outlets using some email addresses around here and also from this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=694&page=8

some of them failed, some went through, additionally went to the websites and posted directly in comments for shows

follow up with your emails :

Injustice to Legal Immigrants. We protest with a flowers..

i sent a email to my senator also , lets create more noise.. advertising sells...

GCDream
07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Flowers Sent to

Emilio Gonzalez
20 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20314-0001
USA

Order Number: FNM1315364
Order Date: Tuesday 07/03/2007
Delivery On: Tuesday 07/10/2007

aparna_881
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I am.. let me know the time, date, and the number of flowers...

GCDream
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I am.. let me know the time, date, and the number of flowers...
Delivery date July 10th

Address:

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

ramus
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I am not sure if core members want us to do this. But if you still plan to send just want to let you know that you can get some discount on ftd.com if you are AAA member.

ramus
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
[
Actual AAA...

QUOTE=drona]Is that the actual AAA or the American Aliens Association!

:)[/QUOTE]

houston_TX
07-04-2007, 12:23 AM
smartsteve is right!
What is being seen here is an extreme irrational response, which will lead to nothing. Still if people feel that sending flowers will help they should do it (although if anybody feels this will actually change how the USCIS functions, they are either extremely naive or highly delusional)

nixstor
07-04-2007, 12:24 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren_Issues_Statement_on_Updated_Visa_Bulle tin

http://digg.com/politics/No_July_4th_Celebrations_for_Highly_Skilled_Future _Americans/who

krishnam70
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
smartsteve is right!
What is being seen here is an extreme irrational response, which will lead to nothing. Still if people feel that sending flowers will help they should do it (although if anybody feels this will actually change how the USCIS functions, they are either extremely naive or highly delusional)

you underestimate the power of the ways of Gandhi like the brits did at that time. We just need this momemtum to catch on and reported in the media to make some impact. We do not have the numbers like those illegals but we could protest in our own way and yet make some impact.

dtekkedil
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
smartsteve is right!

Houston,

The idea of this response is to attract the attention of the public to this issue and to show our protest. We are responding to an injustice done to us in an unorthodox way and I believe that if enough people participate... it will be news enough for the media to cover this story! Once again... this is not for USCIS to change their minds! This is to embarrass them in front of the public!

There was a time when satyagraha was considered irrational! Did that work?

This may not be satyagraha but don't call people irrational and delusional if they are doing something they believe in. At least they are ready to act on this! What have you done? Do u think that sitting around thinking that nothing will happen will fix your problems?

We do not know what the outcome of this endeavor will be but we are at least doing something! None of these people are delusional or irrational! It is you who are delusional if you wait for something to happen and hope that "that something" will be favorable to you.

There may be senators or AILA for instance trying to react to this decision by USCIS... that doesn't mean that you don't act!

krishnam70
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Houston,

The idea of this response is to attract the attention of the public to this issue and to show our protest. We are responding to an injustice done to us in an unorthodox way and I believe that if enough people participate... it will be news enough for the media to cover this story! Once again... this is not for USCIS to change their minds! This is to embarrass them in front of the public!

There was a time when satyagraha was considered irrational! Did that work?

This may not be satyagraha but don't call people irrational and delusional if they are doing something they believe in. At least they are ready to act on this! What have you done? Do u think that sitting around thinking that nothing will happen will fix your problems?

We do not know what the outcome of this endeavor will be but we are at least doing something! None of these people are delusional or irrational! It is you who are delusional if you wait for something to happen and hope that "that something" will be favorable to you.

There may be senators or AILA for instance trying to react to this decision by USCIS... that doesn't mean that you don't act!

my feelings but i did not want to put it exactly in so many words.

i remember a quote

-Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts,Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve

english_august
07-04-2007, 02:43 PM
By some estimates, at least 100,000 of us have been affected by this USCIS decision. Imagine if we can get even 1% of us to send flowers to USCIS on July 10th. It will be a spectacular media event - please let us make it successful.

tikka
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren_Issues_Statement_on_Updated_Visa_Bulle tin

http://digg.com/politics/USCIS_Visa_scandal

http://digg.com/politics/U_S_Withdraws_Offer_of_60_000_Job_Based_Visas_Ange ring_Immigration_Lawyer/who

Digg.com is read by hundreds of thousands of web users and there is high chance of getting picked by main stream media.

Note that you ll have to signup as digg.com member to rate it - it ll just take 30 secs of your time.

shukla77
07-04-2007, 04:04 PM
without proper strategy this flower drive will not have any results..But with proper strategy and large number of people participating, if we decide to go ahead and inform media in advance it will be sensational news..

amit_p27
07-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by houston_TX
smartsteve is right!

you underestimate the power of the ways of Gandhi like the brits did at that time. We just need this momemtum to catch on and reported in the media to make some impact. We do not have the numbers like those illegals but we could protest in our own way and yet make some impact.

My Dear supporters of "Gandhigiri Campaign" donot get disheartened by the post of "houston_TX" & "smartsteve". Some people never get it.

The disteressed immigrants are doing nothing WRONG. Our strenght and confidence in Ourself should only INCREASE with every opposition to our cause.

"Gandhigiri Campaign" is a noble method of highlighting the pain and enigma of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Here we are not trying to embarass the USCIS nor malign them or force them to take an action.
With this campaign, we are standing up to our rights or being treated fairly and justly, without prejudice against any one.

When you send the flowers with a note, have a a PURE, NOBLE, OPEN Hearted and SOUL touching FEELINGS WITHIN YOURSELF. When you send the flowers DONOT have HATRED in you mind for USCIS. as they are mere MORTALS, and MORTALS can make MISTAKES.

Our AIM is to drive the message of injustice faced by us (Legal immigrants.) this can be achived only if you have the PURITY of mind and HIGH MORAL AND ETHICAL GROUNDS TO STAND UP TO INJUSTICE.

Our AIM is not to make any one angry, OR TO EMBARASS, if we have that aim then we have a WEAK CAUSE to fight. Certainly we should not just aim to attract Media towards our plight. Let us all face it, media is just not with us, in fact they can make it look like it is a JOKE, and then we have already lost the CAUSE.:(

Remember as said in Bhagvad Gita -

"God has bestowed "ICHA SHAKTI" in every Human.!!!"

"One Human can make difference in this world with Dharma on his side."

Pray to your GOD when you send the flower and in the Message text as a last part of you message mention -

"GOD BLESS YOU AND USCIS"

I pray for all our brother and sisters stuck in this process, "God bless us all to fulfill our Dreams." :)

GCapplicant
07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree with you

dtekkedil
07-04-2007, 05:08 PM
without proper strategy this flower drive will not have any results..But with proper strategy and large number of people participating, if we decide to go ahead and inform media in advance it will be sensational news..

What you say is true!

But first we need people willing to take action! Lets look at the types of people here -
1) Few have come forward and sent those flowers...
2) Most are cautious to the extent of paranoia. (I guess they fear that their GC applications would be rejected by USCIS if they do this?)
3) Few are waiting for approval from the core members!
4) Few that profess support but haven't done anything yet...
5) Few that believe this is a waste of time

Group 1: Thank you! You have shown true spirit!

Group 2: This campaign will be a success if we can convince group 2 to take the chance (not that USCIS will come after everyone anyways.. they are not the IRS!).

Group 3: I guess they are afraid of making a mistake... - The core members cannot and will not endorse this campaign. Because if they do.. then it becomes the "official" stand of IV. So don't wait around looking for their approval... and we cannot succeed without you! So please take the chance!

Group 4: Act now! Put your money where your mouth is!

Group 5: This will not be a waste of time if we have enough support from all of you!

So please join us friends... we cannot succeed without you! Take the chance... send those flowers... let us bring this injustice to the eyes of the public! Spread the word! Get your friends involved... aim for nothing less than this story on prime-time news!

clove
07-04-2007, 05:16 PM
We all need to send flowers on the same day such that it reaches at the same time..like a sea of flowers sitting outside USCIS. The idea is to get noticed by the media and not to get sympathy from USCIS.

newbee7
07-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I am all for sending the flowers.
We should send 50-100 all at once, perhaps timed and have the local or national media cover it. I can assure you that this will be a fantastic news for them to carry because it is very unusual.
But, there must be story and logic we can explain to the media. Can anyone come up with a "story" that can make sense.

Headline:
Future Americans use Gandhi's principles in new era!

dtekkedil
07-04-2007, 05:23 PM
We all need to send flowers on the same day such that it reaches at the same time..like a sea of flowers sitting outside USCIS. The idea is to get noticed by the media and not to get sympathy from USCIS.

People have already started sending flowers with a delivery date of July 10th!
Check out the previous pages you will find links to florists, the address, the message etc.

There is no coordination necessary for now.. just schedule the delivery for July 10th.

delhirocks
07-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Keep it going...

Delivery date July 10th

Address:

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

gsc999
07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I am not one to support sending flowers to USCIS but I am not going to discourage you all from doing it.

Just one thing: Please don't forget to tell them who is sending these flowers otherwise USCIS might presume its from NumberUSA, FAIR, Lou Doubs or other anti-immigrant group. Also, tell them why you are sending them flowers, otherwise it sends a mixed message.

If you just write all the best for Employment based immigrants etc. they will presume it is from some applicant they approved. It will be a shame if you can't get you point across. Which I fear will most probably happen.

dtekkedil
07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I am not one to support sending flowers to USCIS but I am not going to discourage you all from doing it.

Just one thing: Please don't forget to tell them who is sending these flowers otherwise USCIS might presume its from NumberUSA, FAIR, Lou Doubs or other anti-immigrant group. Also, tell them why you are sending them flowers, otherwise it sends a mixed message.

If you just write all the best for Employment based immigrants etc. they will presume it is from some applicant they approved. It will be a shame if you can't get you point across. Which I fear will most probably happen.

Those questions will be answered when we notify the media!

We will be drafting a letter that will be mailed to all news agencies before the end of the day on July 9th.

BharatPremi
07-04-2007, 06:02 PM
"Sum Dukhia Bandhus Tatha Bhaginis" ( Brothers and Sisters sharing same pain),

I have few suggestions to make for flower sending idea.

1) Somebody who is really good in literary English writes the format of
summary of what has been done by USCIS in illegal way and how it has
shattered or going to shatter the life of thousands of family. And how that
decision has screwed up the very fundamental and ethical base of
democracatic functioning in a law bound operating society.

2) Send flowers individually to USCIS or flower truck to USCIS with multiple
copies with signature/s on above letter

3) Send (Cc) the same to following entities with a note that we have sent
the main flower tray and copy of letter to USCIS.

- Local Senators (If IV is sending then almost all senators)
- White House
- DOS
- Fox News (Especially to O'reilley)
- CNN (Especially to Lou Doubbs)
- ABC News
- MSNBC
- CSBC
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- Wall Street

NOTE: I would not beg for "Sympathy" and I assume all members here also have a straight and strong spine and would not beg for Sympathy. It is our moral and ethical right to challenge USCIS and we want to challenge USCIS and this way of sending flowers should be chosen to challenge USCIS not for begging sympathy.

Thanks.

- Bharat Premi

gcwhereru
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I have ordered the flowers to be delivered on July 10th as suggested.

No doubts about whether we need to do this ...

Do people think so much when they step out to have food at the local restaurant ... we easily put $50 down the drain each time we eat out.....

So why not go along with someone who has some decent action plan ...

Just my 2 cents

amit_p27
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM
"Sum Dukhia Bandhus Tatha Bhaginis" ( Brothers and Sisters sharing same pain),

I have few suggestions to make for flower sending idea.

1) Somebody who is really good in literary English writes the format of
summary of what has been done by USCIS in illegal way and how it has
shattered or going to shatter the life of thousands of family. And how that
decision has screwed up the very fundamental and ethical base of
democracatic functioning in a law bound operating society.

2) Send flowers individually to USCIS or flower truck to USCIS with multiple
copies with signature/s on above letter

3) Send (Cc) the same to following entities with a note that we have sent
the main flower tray and copy of letter to USCIS.

- Local Senators (If IV is sending then almost all senators)
- White House
- DOS
- Fox News (Especially to O'reilley)
- CNN (Especially to Lou Doubbs)
- ABC News
- MSNBC
- CSBC
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- Wall Street

NOTE: I would not beg for "Sympathy" and I assume all members here also have a straight and strong spine and would not beg for Sympathy. It is our moral and ethical right to challenge USCIS and we want to challenge USCIS and this way of sending flowers should be chosen to challenge USCIS not for begging sympathy.

Thanks.

- Bharat Premi

Correct only weak can beg for sympathy. Strong willed with high moral and ethics donot beg they ask for it. So be strong brothers and sisters and do the correct thing, send the flowers with message that is CLEAR and unafraid.

GOD BLESS:)

dtekkedil
07-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Can someone with a paypal account come forward and take over a fund? Anyone with a paypal account can donate any amount using a nickname and we can publish the nickname along with the amount donated on this thread. That way we have accountability and also have a better idea of how many flowers we can send. That person with the paypal account can then order the flowers on Saturday by the latest.

Others, if they want, can send the flowers on their own also.

Just a suggestion... If we can do this, I believe more people will come forward!

Anyone who has donated to IV should be able to do this...

GCBy3000
07-04-2007, 09:12 PM
why not to include Condy rice in the flower drive? This will for sure bring bigger media attention.

Also if everyone signs up, we can negotiate with local DC flower vendor for a deal.

hazishak
07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I think we should write in only one thread about this VB mess until it is over. New users like me are getting hard time to find out the latest development of the VB issue. Either we should start a new thread or stick with only one. Regardless of the subject/issue, we should post all our message into one single thread so that every one is on the same page at least until the VB mess is over.

english_august
07-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey Friends -

We need to keep a track of the number of flowers being sent. So if you are sending flowers, then make sure that you respond appropriately to the poll in this thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=99731
It is very difficult to go through all the posts individually to figure out the total count.

dtekkedil
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Come on people... the remaining 65.. please send them.... We have only till tomorrow or perhaps even Saturday to ensure that those flowers reach there on July 10th!

One of our moderators have put up some text to be sent when we notify the media. I am hoping we can use some of it for our own message to the media (to be sent on July 9th). Take a look at it here -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6053

chanduy9
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Please send the flowers on JULY 10th...once we get 100+ we can give this information to media. I am sure this will be NEWS in all channels. From past 8 years ( i am in US from past 8 years) no one did like this.
As of I know this is not crime or Illigal and it costs nothing when compare with the amt we paid to to DOCS, LAWYERS.

Libra
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Is everyone sending flowers to Emilio Gonzalez? even i want to send flowers.

chanduy9
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM

Don't wait for others....pls do send the flowers..i am sure people will join us.

english_august
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
The poll on this thread shows about 88 people committing to send flowers. Poll on the other thread which asks if people have already sent flowers shows only 21 people. Please we are using the poll on thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=99731

to track how many people did send the flowers. Please update that poll with your response.

dtekkedil
07-05-2007, 10:53 AM

So far most people have sent the flowers to Emilio Gonzalez. There are others of the opinion that we send them to Condy Rice (DOS). But since most so far have already sent them to Emilio it makes sense to stick with it. We do not want to reduce the impact by having half of us mail flowers to Condy Rice and the other half to Emilio.

Unless everyone is willing to send two sets of flowers :)

mikkisu
07-05-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.proflowers.com/landing4.aspx?pageid=affiliates&ref=LinkShare&ClickID=CPqWkHwkNyo-sXJTL3Qq6rJZY9uUjFugyA

gc_lover
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Are you guys sending vase too along with flowers?

Libra
07-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Flowers sent....Order Confirmation: EGONZA0EG80M:D

Don't wait for others....pls do send the flowers..i am sure people will join us.

Prashant
07-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I did send the vase too. :D

Jaime
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I just sent flowers to Emilio Gonzalez too

ckarri
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EG8ZB

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Company: US Citizen and Immigration Service

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Sanchez Thanks for giving us
hope for few hours on July 1st and
taking it away(I-485 Reversal). We
enjoyed the ride and the pain. Hope
USCIS recovers from its insanity soon.
Evening Phone:

Just sent few seconds ago. To be delivered on July 10th.

delhirocks
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

No I did not send the vase..I chose the cheapest option available.

chanduy9
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi,

Once you send the flowers please poll @

So that we will have count how many sending.

Thanks,
Chandra.

reachinus
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EG957

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Sanchez Thanks for giving us
Evening Phone:
E-mail:

Naveen
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EG95N

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Company: USCIS

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Thanks for giving us hope for few hours
on July 1st and taking it away (I-485 Reversal). We
- A Legal Immigrant.
Evening Phone:
E-mail:

DELIVERY DATE:
Tuesday, July 10, 2007

glen
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Flowers sent to Emili Gonzalez. Order# C1002322797 to be delivered on July 10th.

amitjoey
07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow!! you guys are really sending the flowers on the 10th.

drona
07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
To the 105 people who have polled so far, please commit to the cause and send those flowers asap! You will need to make the order soon to get the delivery date for July 10th. Also once you have sent it, please poll here:

To those that have sent already, thanks for taking action!

priderock
07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Good luck with getting Media attention where Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole get more attention than people making ultimate sacrifice for the country.
Sorry I don't mean to discourage you guys but don't get your expectations too high. Hope I am proved wrong.

PS : I resisted posting this message for fear of getting flamed, but could not let it go. If you want to send flowers , please go ahead and send. It won't hurt.

drona
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
No expectations, only Gandhigiri!

Good luck with getting Media attention where Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole get more attention than people making ultimate sacrifice for the country.
Sorry I don't mean to discourage you guys but don't get your expectations too high. Hope I am proved wrong.

PS : I resisted posting this message for fear of getting flamed, but could not let it go. If you want to send flowers , please go ahead and send. It won't hurt.

dtekkedil
07-05-2007, 02:57 PM
We will each individually send flowers to Emilio Gonzalez to be delivered July 10th. There is a suggestion to use a paypal account where we contribute money. However no one has come forward to take over the account so far.

The theme of the note attached to the flowers should be Sympathy or Get well.

Preferred Message(Sympathy): All the best for future Employment Based visa estimates

I do like the "Get Well: Hope USCIS recovers from its insanity" message as well :)

July 07th - Last day to mail flowers (I doubt if they can deliver on Tuesday if we order on Monday)
July 08th - Draft the letter to be mailed to media.
July 9th - Finalize the letter and Mass mail it to every media email addresses we have.
July 10th - hope the media take the bait!

vjverma
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EG9W6

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:

dtekkedil
07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey qtoask can you add the plan of action into your first post on this thread?

gangwar
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Here is what we decided to do at local level in Colorado.

So far we could gather 22 people locally , we sent mails and phone calls to two local news papers with detail whatever USCIS did in previous months.

We are gathering at local ftd collection center and sending 22 bucket to USCIS. Hoping local media will publish it.

Good luck for others in their efforts.

amitjoey
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
send it on the 10th of July, if possible.

amitjoey
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
People are talking about flowers.
http://me2rai.blogspot.com/

qtoask
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
done. Added in the poll message...

Hey qtoask can you add the plan of action into your first post on this thread?

dtekkedil
07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
done. Added in the poll message...

Thanks!

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi,

We got 108 ya and 108 with IV, but we got only 58+ as count...where are the other guys...

Please send the flowers...

Thanks,
Chandra.

dtekkedil
07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Folks, I am preparing a draft of the letter to be sent to the media. Any suggestions for points to be included are welcome!

I plan to include some information about the immigration system, details about the fiasco, how it impacted us, what our flowers are meant for.

venkygct
07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EGFQS
RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio T Gonzalez
Address: 20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Gonzalez, Thanks for giving us

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EGFQS
RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio T Gonzalez
Address: 20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Gonzalez, Thanks for giving us

Can you poll @ http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6029 pls
it help us on count.

raju123
07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Good. We need a special media campaign for flower. Some media channel should cover live flower delivery on July 10 at USCIS office. This is unique matter and we can attract the attention of whole nation.
My suggestion is to cover Mahatma Gandhi's philosophy and how we got inspiration from that noble philosophy. We should also mansion that if we do not get justice, we will start hunger strike at USCIS and Capitol. Please post the letter here.

Folks, I am preparing a draft of the letter to be sent to the media. Any suggestions for points to be included are welcome!

I plan to include some information about the immigration system, details about the fiasco, how it impacted us, what our flowers are meant for.

p_kumar
07-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Are you guys nuts?????????:eek:

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Nope...we are flowers:D

Gravitation
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Are you?:rolleyes:

jonty_11
07-06-2007, 03:00 PM
This thing has takena heavy toll on my fellow GC aspirants and brethren...I will pray for ur wel-flower.

prashantkh
07-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I've had some of my friends send flowers.....but they are not active IV members so they may not show up in the poll count.:rolleyes:

Can you poll @ http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6029 pls
it help us on count.

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 03:09 PM
This thing has takena heavy toll on my fellow GC aspirants and brethren...I will pray for Our wel-flower.

Praying will not work...we are praying from past couple of years...join us..send the flowers...we need like you guys.

Thanks,
Chandra.

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I've had some of my friends send flowers.....but they are not active IV members so they may not show up in the poll count.:rolleyes:

If possible ask them to join IV , which is a unique place for all of us.

If we know how many sending flowers we can add number to the poll count.

Thanks,
Chandra.

jonty_11
07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
If possible ask them to join IV , which is a unique place for all of us.

If we know how many sending flowers we can add number to the poll count.

Thanks,
Chandra.
i am thinking what causes ppl to send flowers and not join IV...strange isnt it..If they are affected by this mess why not join hands....join IV.....

I also seee people posting messaging that I am asking this question on behalf of my friend etc etc.....WHY DONT THOSE FRIENDS JOIN IV......

I soooo fail to understand this.....

god_bless_you
07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Nope...we are flowers:D
http://www.rictus.com/viz/photos/nature/pink-flowers.html
:)

asaxena123
07-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Ordered flowers for July 10th

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Ordered flowers for July 10th

Thanks for joining us...pls poll @ with your order#

chanduy9
07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
i am thinking what causes ppl to send flowers and not join IV...strange isnt it..If they are affected by this mess why not join hands....join IV.....

I also seee people posting messaging that I am asking this question on behalf of my friend etc etc.....WHY DONT THOSE FRIENDS JOIN IV......

I soooo fail to understand this.....

There are lot people who dont know IV...I am sure lot of your friends also dont know about the IV.

abd
07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri/articleshow/2183334.cms

english_august
07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Alright friends, so we now have a lead item on Times of India on this effort.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-2183334,prtpage-1.cms

Can we now have some of the Nays turn into Ayes? We now have proof that this effort is attracting media's attention, we now have proof that it is viable. Can we please make it a smashing success by getting great numbers?

saimrathi
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Now that there is some media attnetion on it ahead of July 10, do you think Emilio will not accept any flowers?? Did this work to the flower idea's benefit?

Can we now have some of the Nays turn into Ayes? We now have proof that this effort is attracting media's attention, we now have proof that it is viable. Can we please make it a smashing success by getting great numbers?

qtoask
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Media media media coverage...

Promote this story... in your email as signature....

Link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri/articleshow/2183334.cms

english_august
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Now that there is some media attnetion on it ahead of July 10, do you think Emilio will not accept any flowers?? Did this work to the flower idea's benefit?

Saimrathi - the entire idea was to get some media attention. How does it matter if Emilio will or will not accept any flowers?

asharda
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
To what address we are sending the flowers?

Thanks all!

qtoask
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
address in the first page...

Thanks all!

english_august
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Thanks all!

All the information is right here

http://www.touchdownusa.org/node/11

saimrathi
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess you are right.. Good luck...

Saimrathi - the entire idea was to get some media attention. How does it matter if Emilio will or will not accept any flowers?

qtoask
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
abd, thank you...

I have added this in the first page...

anandbaghel
07-06-2007, 04:12 PM
ORDERED

Order # W00552500723549

krishnam70
07-06-2007, 04:14 PM
ORDERED

Order # W00552500723549

good the baby is walking now... soon it will start running.. keep it going

dtekkedil
07-06-2007, 04:15 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...,prtpage-1.cms

Oops sorry looks like people already posted it!

drona
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
At the very least, being part of this campaign has put me in a better mood since Monday. Just the thought of USCIS receiving hundreds upon hundreds of sweetheart roses :) :) :) priceless! Keep it going people!

fshah
07-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Just ordered for flowers to be sent on 10th July:
Order No.
W00442100816117

Gravitation
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I salute all those who have joined in this efforts and ordered flowers!

Please make sure to increase the impact of your contribution by digging the following story:

http://digg.com/politics/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri_in_US

It'll be great if we can make it a top story!

Even if you haven't ordered flowers yet or are trying to make up your mind, please at least digg the above story, it'll only take a couple of clicks!

Raju
07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I salute all those who have joined in this efforts and ordered flowers!

Please make sure to increase the impact of your contribution by digging the following story:

http://digg.com/politics/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri_in_US

It'll be great if we can make it a top story!

Even if you haven't ordered flowers yet or are trying to make up your mind, please at least digg the above story, it'll only take a couple of clicks!

MOST STUPID IDEA. Some one trying to screw you and you want to send Flowers. Good Luck. They might send you a thanks you card(or even a Green Card)

arrarrgee
07-06-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.1888flowermall.com/_e/loc/product/FBQ405%2DRO/_1_Bouquet_Artificial_7_5_Silk_Rose_Pink_Sweethear t_Rose_Bouquet.htm

Gravitation
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
MOST STUPID IDEA. Some one trying to screw you and you want to send Flowers. Good Luck. They might send you a thanks you card(or even a Green Card)

It's about drawing attention to our cause and do so in a peaceful and plesant manner.

Hey, at least it's not hurting anybody. Who knows it might work. You obviously are not inclined to send flowers, but at least take a couple of clicks to digg it::D http://digg.com/politics/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri_in_US

chanduv23
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
What will happen if illegals start sending flowers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Raju
07-06-2007, 05:26 PM
It's about drawing attention to our cause and do so in a peaceful and plesant manner.

Hey, at least it's not hurting anybody. Who knows it might work. You obviously are not inclined to send flowers, but at least take a couple of clicks to digg it::D http://digg.com/politics/Green_card_hopefuls_to_resort_to_Gandhigiri_in_US

Please do not get me started on this because I am trying my best to stop my urge to bury this. :rolleyes:

pansworld
07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Your Order Confirmation: EGONZA0EGH9U

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: I understand your agency does all it can
to the best job it can. I also hope you
empathize with the frustrations of a
legal immigrant. A small token of
peaceful protest and hoping for the best

-Pankaj

english_august
07-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Please do not get me started on this because I am trying my best to stop my urge to bury this. :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your opinion - but why would you want to hurt the efforts of someone who is in the same boat as you are? Just because you don't like their idea to draw media attention?

english_august
07-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Card Message: I understand your agency does all it can
to the best job it can. I also hope you
empathize with the frustrations of a
legal immigrant. A small token of
peaceful protest and hoping for the best
-Pankaj

One of the best messages that I've read. Thanks pansworld.

Gravitation
07-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Alright. Thanks for not burying it then.

One has to make the best of every situation... the GC process teaches us at least that much :)

dtekkedil
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Excellent!

Thanks Pansworld

Everyone please use this message from now on!

pansworld
07-06-2007, 05:52 PM
You are entitled to your opinion - but why would you want to hurt the efforts of someone who is in the same boat as you are? Just because you don't like their idea to draw media attention?
One message does not make a difference. The protest is in sending the flowers not what is written on the card.

arunag50
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EGHGF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio T. Gonzalez
Company: US Citizenship and Immigration Service

Washington, DC 20529
Card Message: One of the applicants who spent
thousands of dollars in legal fees,
immigration medical exams &
vaccinations, inconveniencing our old
parents in our home countries as well.
Evening Phone:
E-mail:
DELIVERY DATE:
Tuesday, July 10, 2007

DELIVERY TYPE:
Express Delivery

dtekkedil
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM
One message does not make a difference. The protest is in sending the flowers not what is written on the card.

The flowers and the message together form the protest. Otherwise the flowers could be from his girlfriend or wife. :)

And the message should not be accusatory but sympathetic while still displaying our protest. Which your message quite beautifully contains! That is the right spirit that we want to show!

iambest
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Order Number: FNM1319810

Order Date: Friday 07/06/2007
Delivery On: Tuesday 07/10/2007
Delivery To: Emilio Gonzalez
Business
20 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20314-0001
USA

BTW, use this link to get 25% off http://www.ftd.com/ggpgiftcard/

ssunka01
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Order # FNN1074731

Deliver on: Tuesday
Jul. 10, 2007
Delivery by: FedEx®, DHL® or UPS®
Deliver to: Gonzalez Emilio
Business
US Citizen and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington D.C, DC 20529
US
202-307-1565
Occasion: Sympathy
Gift Message and Signature: Thanks for giving us hope for few hours on July 1st and taking it away (I-485 Reversal). We
enjoyed the ride and the pain. Hope USCIS recovers from its insanity soon.
- A Legal Immigrant

ssunka01
07-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Order # FNN1074731
Deliver on: Tuesday
Jul. 10, 2007
Delivery by: FedEx®, DHL® or UPS®
Deliver to: Gonzalez Emilio
Business
US Citizen and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington D.C, DC 20529
US
202-307-1565
Occasion: Sympathy
Gift Message and Signature: Thanks for giving us hope for few hours on July 1st and taking it away (I-485 Reversal). We
enjoyed the ride and the pain. Hope USCIS recovers from its insanity soon.
- A Legal Immigrant

Savi
07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for giving us hope for few hours on July 1st and taking it away (I-485 Reversal). We enjoyed the ride and the pain. Hope USCIS recovers from its insanity soon.
- A Legal Immigrant

Please refrain from using derogatory terms such as "insanity" and such, we are trying to send out a peaceful message. Anything to the contrary will just contradict the idea of "Gandhigiri".

Thanks!

anda007
07-06-2007, 10:35 PM
I know a lot of them who do not follow/care about the IV, but have got the email chain and sent flowers independently.
Atleast from Longmont, I know atleast 10 people who have sent these flowers and have not entered themselves in any poll.
So the number is actually much more than what your poll shows

english_august
07-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I know a lot of them who do not follow/care about the IV, but have got the email chain and sent flowers independently.
Atleast from Longmont, I know atleast 10 people who have sent these flowers and have not entered themselves in any poll.
So the number is actually much more than what your poll shows

That's good news - I think we've already crossed the 3 figure mark and hopefully, with the email chain going around and that article in Times of India, who knows we might even hit the one thousand mark.

english_august
07-06-2007, 11:35 PM
The Times of India article that is on their website has also been published in Delhi and Mumbai print editions of Saturday. You can check out their epaper.

chanduy9
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi,

First time I saw the differnce between yes and yes with IV...who ever said yes with or with out IV...please send the flowers on JULY 10TH.

We are getting media attn too...guys we can do it in big way...

Thanks,
Chandra.

eers
07-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Any place where I can order flower for less than $10 ?.. I dont care even if they send a bunch of leaves or so..

anda007
07-07-2007, 03:17 AM
If $30 is too much for you, atleast spend 4- buck to send a get-well soon greeting card

Any place where I can order flower for less than $10 ?.. I dont care even if they send a bunch of leaves or so..

conchshell
07-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Its amazing that almost 100 people are participating in the poll on a per day basis. Other than sending the flowers please ensure that you take the address of this thread alongwith the Times of India news coverage and start forwarding the emails to all the people you know, please do so no matter what i.e. they are impacted by the visa number flip flop or not.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=102616
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/G...ow/2183334.cms

I strongly feel that the time limit to participate in this poll should be extended beyond the current limit July 8th. Once the TOI news will circulate and people know about where to poll, more people will send flowers.

conchshell
07-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Some suggestions:

1. If you are member of LinkedIn, please use your contacts to bring awareness for our cause by sending this thread info and TOI article to your LinkedIn contacts. If you are member of such similar networks please use them.

2. I am wondering if Consulate Generaql of India can help us in any way to help achieve our goal. Afterall the Indian ambassador is posted here to help the citizens of India. If they can't help us than what's the point of having an Indian Consulate in America. Silmilarly there is a Ministry of Immigrant Indian, how can we take their help to achieve our goal. Only if consulate general and the ministry can approach the congressmen and senators, that may help us.

conchshell
07-07-2007, 11:23 AM
https://www.1888flowermall.com
Thank you for your order!
Your order number is 1183819712.

Dear Mr. Gongalez,
Please find this bouquet of flowers as my noble way to protest aganist latest USCIS change of rules in the middle of the month leaving all legal imigrants in a state of disbelief, frustration and confusion.

Please find a moment to introspect, and justify if this is the correct way of handling law abiding legal immigrants who play by book, pay taxes, speak English, contribute towards building a strong America and carry a suitcase full of papers alongwith them to maintain their legal status.

darslee
07-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Love your message!:)

bayarea07
07-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I completely agree with Conchshell statement below i had a chance to be associated with a product which only had 4000 customers initially but as soon as it got focus in india in media, customer base jumped to 20000 in 2 days,So i completly agree that more people will send flowers as soon as this becomes a media newss, 100 flowers is a good start.

We need to make sure that Media news for this even as the website and forum web adress so that more people can come in and send flowers to USCIS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Its amazing that almost 100 people are participating in the poll on a per day basis. Other than sending the flowers please ensure that you take the address of this thread alongwith the Times of India news coverage and start forwarding the emails to all the people you know, please do so no matter what i.e. they are impacted by the visa number flip flop or not.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=102616
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/G...ow/2183334.cms

I strongly feel that the time limit to participate in this poll should be extended beyond the current limit July 8th. Once the TOI news will circulate and people know about where to poll, more people will send flowers.

glus
07-07-2007, 01:41 PM

Dear Mr. Gongalez,
Please find this bouquet of flowers as my noble way to protest aganist latest USCIS change of rules in the middle of the month leaving all legal imigrants in a state of disbelief, frustration and confusion.

Please find a moment to introspect, and justify if this is the correct way of handling law abiding legal immigrants who play by book, pay taxes, speak English, contribute towards building a strong America and carry a suitcase full of papers alongwith them to maintain their legal status.

I love your message. I wonder how we can get some press to see the flowers going to Antonio...

cinqsit
07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi All:

Count me in. Already sent flowers today...

Good job y'all !

- cinqsit

dtekkedil
07-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I guess they needed to know if this will be popular before deciding!

So send those flowers friends... send em.. send em...

Oh BTW Vikas does that mean I don't have to work on the press release anymore? :)

guy03062
07-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Like your message - polite yet affirmative and deliver the point.

Dear Mr. Gongalez,

nixstor
07-07-2007, 04:47 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6191

Please do not use anonymous names. The links below feature discounted prices because of affiliates. If you go to FTD.com directly, you will not see the same prices. We are providing you with three flower arrangements in the increasing order of price. In case, if the lowest priced flowers are not available, use the next one. Make sure you chose the correct delivery date of Jul 10th and these have to be ordered by tonight 12 am to be delivered on Jul 10th.

Address

Emilio T. Gonzalez
Washington, D.C. 20529

Message for USCIS

I understand that your agency does all it can to do the best job. I hope you empathize with a legal immigrant's frustration. A small token of peaceful protest and hoping for the best.

http://www.ftd.com/12379/catalog/product.epl?product_id=SMRB&rv=1

http://www.ftd.com/12379/catalog/product.epl?product_id=FVP5&refer_by=&index_id=product_bestsellers

http://www.ftd.com/12379/catalog/product.epl?product_id=6026&refer_by=&index_id=product_bestsellers

english_august
07-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Great news: IV core is supporting the flower campaign - see this thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6191). :)

We have until tonight to place in the orders so that the flowers can be delivered on Tuesday.

Everyone who kept the faith - thanks and lets continue sending emails or calling people to let them know about it.
People who said that they will send the flowers only if IV core supports it - please send flowers asap.

BTW, I am curious as to who first proposed this idea.

conchshell
07-07-2007, 07:52 PM
When we started this flower campaign three days back, there was hardly any support, people were skeptical about this approach, and participants were divided on this issue.

Three days later we have coverage in Time of India, IV core suprting the campaign, and a great momentum among people to send flowers. This is a classic example of the fact that if we unite and act at once, it would be difficult for USCIS to ignore us.

Please digg, talk to your friends, encourage them to protest in this noble way, and remind them that sitting back and venting their anger on various forums alone will not help the cause. At some point we need to act and let the other side realize that if they hurt us, we know the human and peaceful ways to cause massive emberrasement to them. However we need to give up the tendency of "let others go in forefront, and I stay back" to reap the benefits of a struggle but avoid the potential inconvenience.

Couple of days back I was reading a web site about Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. Its a website hosted by Sarvodaya society which was established by the father of the nation. It was impressive to read about the man who left his own self far behind to serve a nation. I have heard many of my countrymen delivering a great talk, but then their own actions do not follow their speech. Probably that's why Albert Instine said "Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth.", so I though that it would be appropriate to quote Gandhi's own formula about how to leave selfishness behind, and join a peaceful protest against opression :
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he gain anything by it? Will it restore him to a control over his own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to swaraj [freedom] for the millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

anda007
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I do not understand why people have to wait for IV to "endorse it"
If you think this is right, just go ahead and send it.
A lot of them are sending the flowers and have not heard/care about the IV or the polls
The idea is to get this message across to the USCIS. The email chains that are circulating is doing this already
If the amount of $30-$40 is too much, at-least send a get-well soon or a sympathy card to the USCIS
Anand

omved
07-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Not only on 10th July, we should keep on sending flower for as long as we can. That way our cause would be remembered for little longer.

mine sent today..will send again in few days..:p

bayarea07
07-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I just recently placed an order for Emilo

Order Number: 1183857095

https://www.1888flowermall.com/

Though i could not update my poll, as i initially replied that to be as NO.

bayarea07
07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Not sure,But will it make sense to make media aware of our Flower Sending effort, so that by the time flower reached emilo, Media is already there to cover that.

utibrewal
07-07-2007, 10:03 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article_print/SB118359095890657571.html

gangwar
07-07-2007, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=nixstor]http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6191

Those who sent flowers from FTD, please check it again. FTD does not deliver flowers to ZIP 20529. I ordered flowers by phone to FTD(1-800-SEND-FTD).
She didn't accept 20529. I went to google and found out the correct ZIP code it 20530.

Nex thing is the discounted rate given by IV is not good. I went through this link given by NIXSTOR
http://www.ftd.com/12379/catalog/pro...t_id=SMRB&rv=1
shows total $32.74.
Merchandise Subtotal: $ 24 .99
Service Charge Subtotal: $ 13 .99
Discount Subtotal: $ (6 .24)

Your Order Total: $ 32 .74 All prices are in US dollars

Whereas this is $15 off.
http://www.ftd.com/ent2007/

Total came out $24.20. My order No. is C1002324557.

Please double check with FTD on zip code and correct it before it came back to you.

cheers

gcnirvana
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I am not able to see the contents. What is it about? can you copy&paste it here? Thanks!

http://online.wsj.com/article_print/SB118359095890657571.html

crystal
07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
what is this article. not able to see it http://online.wsj.com/article_print/SB118359095890657571.html

qtoask
07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
I guess, Its safe to believe around 250 People are already sent the flowers...

Now is the time to get media attention...

post it in Yahoo, google...etc....

venkygct
07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I myself know that 3 of my friends sent the flowers...but havent participated in the poll. So I am 100% sure that the total number of flowers sent is more than 109.

english_august
07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Please refer to this thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=103700

sudhendra
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Flowers sent for July 10th.

krishjack
07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Placed the order will be delivered on Tuesday Jul. 10, 2007

carbon
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Flowers sent! for July 10

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Not sure,But will it make sense to make media aware of our Flower Sending effort, so that by the time flower reached emilo, Media is already there to cover that.

Yes, the media needs to know that such a thing is happening. They need to be made aware in advance.

shrayus
07-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Just send flowers for 10 July

english_august
07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, the media needs to know that such a thing is happening. They need to be made aware in advance.

There is already a lot of media attention - we need to pursue every single lead that we get. Contact your local newspapers, your local public radio station. If there is a contact to be pursued - don't post a comment here that core or someone else needs to talk; you go ahead and talk to that person yourself. If you are in doubt over what to say, just go through the press release (http://www.touchdownusa.org/pdf/USCISFlowerCampaign.pdf) and talk about that.

n_2006
07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I already sent mine.

What if they do not accept them or They might up front to these delivery stores and might ask not to deliver.

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
There is already a lot of media attention - we need to pursue every single lead that we get. Contact your local newspapers, your local public radio station. If there is a contact to be pursued - don't post a comment here that core or someone else needs to talk; you go ahead and talk to that person yourself. If you are in doubt over what to say, just go through the press release (http://www.touchdownusa.org/pdf/USCISFlowerCampaign.pdf) and talk about that.

Thanks english_august, this pdf summarises it all, great effort!. I am sending this to the local newspaper outlets here. Thanks again.

drona
07-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I called FTD to make them aware of the large number of orders that have been placed for Emilio Gonzalez for July 10th. I have requested that a representative from FTD handle all these orders to make sure they are delivered. This is because a lot of people have used varying post codes, phone numbers etc. They are getting back to me with a point of contact from the Special Accounts department who will handle all our orders to make sure they are delivered. Will keep you all posted.

gnrajagopal
07-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Order # FNN1077930 - Sent flowers - Voted No on friday.
Sch delivery on july 11th

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I called FTD to make them aware of the large number of orders that have been placed for Emilio Gonzalez for July 10th. I have requested that a representative from FTD handle all these orders to make sure they are delivered. This is because a lot of people have used varying postcodes, phone numbers etc. They are getting back to me with a point of contact from the Special Accounts department who will handle all our orders to make sure they are delivered. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks a lot for your initiative.

nixstor
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I called FTD to make them aware of the large number of orders that have been placed for Emilio Gonzalez for July 10th. I have requested that a representative from FTD handle all these orders to make sure they are delivered. This is because a lot of people have used varying post codes, phone numbers etc. They are getting back to me with a point of contact from the Special Accounts department who will handle all our orders to make sure they are delivered. Will keep you all posted.

Drona,

Please update us as soon as you get more info on this. send me a PM once you have an update

another one
07-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I already sent mine.

What if they do not accept them or They might up front to these delivery stores and might ask not to deliver.

For some reason we are continuing to ignore the possibility that they may call upfronto refuse the delivery... We need to make sure that FTD atleast takes all the flowers to the office. Any refusal to accept will have to happen at the office. This will provide us with atleast a photo opportunity. Can the person coordinating FTD deliveries please make sure that FTD atleast takes the flowers to the office irrespective of whether USCIS calls them. Otherwise we will be asking FTD for a refund....

english_august
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
How many DC area members (regardless of whether they sent the flowers or not) are willing to go to the USCIS office and take a look at this?

Looks like it will be a fun thing to watch. If you are a blogger then you can cover it for your blog as well!

dtekkedil
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
For some reason we are continuing to ignore the possibility that they may call upfronto refuse the delivery... We need to make sure that FTD atleast takes all the flowers to the office. Any refusal to accept will have to happen at the office. This will provide us with atleast a photo opportunity. Can the person coordinating FTD deliveries please make sure that FTD atleast takes the flowers to the office irrespective of whether USCIS calls them. Otherwise we will be asking FTD for a refund....

Can someone contact FTD and make sure that they at least take it to the USCIS building?

arrarrgee
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
yup...around 4 of my freinds have already sent the flowers..but they havent responded to the poll...(They arent even members of immigrationvoice.org...will ask them to join)

I myself know that 3 of my friends sent the flowers...but havent participated in the poll. So I am 100% sure that the total number of flowers sent is more than 109.

drona
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Nixstor, dtekkedil, english_august, amitjoey, another one:

I am getting a very useless response from FTD. It's a big organization that uses multiple florists in DC. So the orders will most likely be going from different florists and will not be delivered all together. I'm sure this is fine, but we do need to have someone at FTD oversee our orders and make sure that they are delivered incase USCIS refuses delivery. On the other hand if they are being delivered from different florists via FTD that makes it even more chaotic and harder to refuse delivery from the source! At this point FTD are not cooperating on overseeing the orders and making sure that they are delivered. Should I press further, or should we hope for the best?

Drona,

Please update us as soon as you get more info on this. send me a PM once you have an update

qtoask
07-09-2007, 03:38 PM
This is a great IDEA... CAN someone in DC area give a personal Flowers at USCIS office and......
....remember to take pictures...

How many DC area members (regardless of whether they sent the flowers or not) are willing to go to the USCIS office and take a look at this?

Looks like it will be a fun thing to watch. If you are a blogger then you can cover it for your blog as well!

GCBy3000
07-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Create one more title like "I have sent after IV recommened"

Most of the people like me said "I will send only after IV recommends", then now that IV is behind this, I have sent the flower. But I dont have any option to update this poll.

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM

I am getting a very useless response from FTD. It's a big organization that uses multiple florists in DC. So the orders will most likely be going from different florists and will not be delivered all together. I'm sure this is fine, but we do need to have someone at FTD oversee our orders and make sure that they are delivered incase USCIS refuses delivery. On the other hand if they are being delivered from different florists via FTD that makes it even more chaotic and harder to refuse delivery. At this point FTD are not cooperating. Should I press further, or should we hope for the best?

They are being delivered from different florists, makes it difficult for USCIS to call and refuse, and these delivery guys have to get a signature, so it is going to be difficult for them to refuse delivery. So no need to worry.
Some of us can call tommorrow, and make sure that their individual order has been delivered.

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM

And also videotape and put a video on youtube.

english_august
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
D.C. area residents, we could really use your help - nothing like reporting from the front lines :)

coopheal
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I just sent flowers for 11th.

johnamit
07-09-2007, 03:46 PM
You are right!, its easy to say NO to one company/delivery but hard to tackle so many different deliveries (specially if they receive some NON-IV flowers when and then for specific reasons).

I am getting a very useless response from FTD. It's a big organization that uses multiple florists in DC. So the orders will most likely be going from different florists and will not be delivered all together. I'm sure this is fine, but we do need to have someone at FTD oversee our orders and make sure that they are delivered incase USCIS refuses delivery. On the other hand if they are being delivered from different florists via FTD that makes it even more chaotic and harder to refuse delivery from the source! At this point FTD are not cooperating on overseeing the orders and making sure that they are delivered. Should I press further, or should we hope for the best?

english_august
07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I hope everyone is sending out the press release to their media contacts. As you all know, this event is not centrally co-ordinated and everyone has been really proactive in getting the word out.

Same goes for the media contact as well. No single person is emailing/faxing this information out - everyone is doing his or her bit.

Since most of the coverage will come from journalists local to the D.C. area, members there should be particularly aggressive in calling local newspapers, radio stations, tv stations etc.

Let's give this thing one big push.

anda007
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I spoke to this journalist for almost 20 minutes
She is awesome and really really listens to you and gets a lot of information to you
THIS IS A LIVE PERSON
She is interested in talking more people and also if possible with other ASIAN people (Chinese/Taiwanese/Pakistanis), who are in the same boat
Call her and she picks up the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test101
I found this in the one of the forums.. please people contact the report have people hear us.

Story for the Washington Post

Hi all,

I'm a reporter with the Washington Post. If your efforts result in Emilio Gonzalez receiving hundreds of flowers tomorrow, I would very much like to do a story on it. If you're interested in speaking with me and telling me your story and why you've decided to participate in this demonstration, please give me an email or call me. My contact information is below.

Thanks!
Xiyun

email:yangx@washpost.com
office phone: 202 334 6701

english_august
07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
There is a 99% chance of a TV crew covering this event. I just spoke with them and they are just working out the logistics. They will reach the USCIS office at around 12 PM and said that it would be great if some of us are available around that time to talk to them.

Any D.C. area people interested in going there, please send me a private message with your name and phone number so that we can talk and work out the logistics.

amitjoey
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
There is a 99% chance of a TV crew covering this event. I just spoke with them and they are just working out the logistics. They will reach the USCIS office at around 12 PM and said that it would be great if some of us are available around that time to talk to them.

Any D.C. area people interested in going there, please send me a private message with your name and phone number so that we can talk and work out the logistics.

Thanks a lot, english_august

coolfun
07-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Have a look at this:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f4b3076eb0f93110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=1958b0aaa86fa010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

dtekkedil
07-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Have a look at this:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f4b3076eb0f93110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=1958b0aaa86fa010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

It's on their home page now!

http://www.uscis.gov

arunag50
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Looks like they got the message, I hope they all reach there at the same time and media could capture some of that too.

Do you think he has the arrangement for removing the card messages from those flowers and attaching the new ones(for best wishes instead of protest cards) in there too :)

mbartosik
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
order FNM13248xx

I485 receipt date May 5 07
PD 20 Dec 2002

contributed > $1K
+ recurring contribution

It is also nice that flowers are being forwarded injured troops.