PDA

View Full Version : Concurrent Filing I140LC sub/I485 on June30th, Accept I-140 if seperate check

sts_seeker
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi All,
My lawyer waited until the last minute and filed I-140/I-485 concurrently even when the PD was current in June07 for me. It a Labor Substitution case so should I file new I-140 before July 16th with a copy of ALC and write a note or they will take out I-140 from the file and only return the I485? I cut a seperate check for I140 while filing.
please advice asap.
Thanks
sts_seeker

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
stop jumping the line....

sts_seeker
07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
What do you mean by stop jumping the line.My PD is from 2004

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 05:31 PM
labor Substitution ....Heloooo!!!!

same_old_guy
07-05-2007, 05:32 PM
You should be ashamed to use LC subs and bragging about it here. People like you are making the whole things worse. When you get your I-140 rejected you can start nagging about how unfair the system is !!

PD_Dec2002
07-05-2007, 05:32 PM
From Mathhew Oh (http://www.immigration-law.com/):

07/02/2007: To File or Not To File, That Is the Question!

The USCIS Service Centers Operation office confirmed that the Servce Centers would reject any I-485 applications whose visa numbers are unavailable under the DOS reviised Visa Bulletin that received today would be rejected and returned. In the concurrent I-140 and I-485 application filing, if the I-140 petition filing fee is paid by a separate check, they will accept the I-140 petition only and complete the case and reject and return I-485 and ancillary applications packet to the filers.
---------------

Thanks,
Jayant

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I guess this is the worst time for Lc subs guys to be seeking advice....

sundevil
07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Good Catch Jonty, and the guy has the audacity to claim that his(is it really his, or store bought) priority date is 2004. For the sake of thousands who are not scamming the system, I sure hope this guy had sent a single check for 140 and 485 together.

mallickarjunreddy
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Hey its give and take rite , if he bought the labor and or abused the system
it was there to be abused , i know gaziiilllion other people who bought labor and now have GC so dont go after this guy if u want go after the ones who provide such kinda services viz a viz desi employers who by the way are laughing all the way to the bank

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Good Catch Jonty, and the guy has the audacity to claim that his(is it really his, or store bought) priority date is 2004. For the sake of thousands who are not scamming the system, I sure hope this guy had sent a single check for 140 and 485 together.
Man....I dont mean to be rude...but these are times of trial and frustration....

sundevil
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
You are right. There are days I feel like writing to Durbin, Grassley or Sanders about this practice because few of all the 350K odd BEC LCs are out there for taking by these a**h**s. I have always wished that one day all these approvals get dug out and financials behind them investigated. I wouldn't be too sad to see all these guys behind bars and their GCs revoked.

Hey its give and take rite , if he bought the labor and or abused the system
it was there to be abused , i know gaziiilllion other people who bought labor and now have GC so dont go after this guy if u want go after the ones who provide such kinda services viz a viz desi employers who by the way are laughing all the way to the bank

PD_Dec2002
07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
jonty_11, sundevil:

Isn't it possible that "sts_seeker" did not buy a subst LC or secure it illegally? Are you going to assume he's guilty unless proven innocent?

What if he's working for a decent company, and the company had a LC available because one of their employees left? What would they do with the LC other than offer it to another deserving employee? And why shouldn't "sts_seeker" take it if it was offered through perfectly legal channels?

You guys have a problem when DOS/USCIS does something illegal. But you have a problem even when "sts_seeker" and his/her company did something perfectly legal!

Your fellow senior members "nixstor", "tikka", "ramus", etc are working hard to get people to contribute to IV. And here, you are driving new members (and potential contributors) away?

Before replying to this, please read my disclaimer below. I have to add it given the fact how hot-headed/short-tempered members have been in the last few days where they will flame someone just because their opinions differ.

Thanks,
Jayant

P.S.: And for the record, I have not applied for GC using a subst LC. I know you must be itching to ask me this since I am offering a different opinion.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions. You don't have to agree with them. If you disagree, just ignore them. I am not interested in justifying anything that you might have to say. I would, however, reply to a civil and a healthy discussion.

sts_seeker
07-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey guys,
See guys, My original LC was approved with PD of 2003 from this same company but I-140 was denied due to A2p and now is in appeal. This lc sub is from other worker with lower salary and he left the company 3 yrs ago and I am still working here. It's not like a desi consultancy where they sell approved labor, hold your h1 so you can't transfer your h1, get pay cut and put innocent people's status in jeopardy and create problem for everyone else who want to do LC sub in a honest way. It's a genuine LC substitution and I want to do it as long as the law allow me to do that.
I am also fraustrated with USCIS messed up policy of doing whatever they want and hopefully something will work out for all of us in good way!
thanks