PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea-OH law firm's Messages

sumansk
07-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Guys !
I was reading that OH law firm is requesting email updates from its clients for some "Important Matter"...
Any guesses what it could be or they have some info..if any developments...!!
Just curious !!

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 06:21 PM
one explanation is that they are signing up people for the AILF lawsuit....

gondalguru
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
one explanation is that they are signing up people for the AILF lawsuit....

They may just want to give them some important message... I think this is something internal and not applicable to general 485 filers.

if anybody is oh law firm client please clarify.

hibhagya
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
They may just want to give them some important message... I think this is something internal and not applicable to general 485 filers.

if anybody is oh law firm client please clarify.

I guess they may be asking people whether to file the paper work or not.
It seems like USCIS is holding on to the file untill the matter is resolved.
I am not one of their client,I am just guessing the info

TheGreatMan
07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I guess they may be asking people whether to file the paper work or not.
It seems like USCIS is holding on to the file untill the matter is resolved.
I am not one of their client,I am just guessing the info

They may be distributing receipt notices and EAD's too :D

GCard_Dream
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
.. Or the green card itself. :D

They may be distributing receipt notices and EAD's too :D

jfredr
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
.. Or the green card itself. :D

i heard it is Citizenship

diqingshen
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
the files yet. So maybe they are instructed by their lawyers not to in case the judge rules against them.
Any thoughts?

makemygc
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
the files yet. So maybe they are instructed by their lawyers not to in case the judge rules against them.
Any thoughts?

Height of optimism

gc_lover
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Any thoughts?

They are rejecting dude, its coming back to you!

sundevil
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
How would the lawsuit get a foot hold if USCIS keeps these applications for ever (6 months or so), till everything fizzles out and then sends them back. Since the plaintiffs do not have a proof of rejection, can they even file anything? I hope AILF considered this scenario?:confused:

legal_la
07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
How would the lawsuit get a foot hold if USCIS keeps these applications for ever (6 months or so), till everything fizzles out and then sends them back. Since the plaintiffs do not have a proof of rejection, can they even file anything? I hope AILF considered this scenario?:confused:

That will create another basis for suing them :) , they can not do that.

amitjoey
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM

You will still get a confirmation from USPS, ups that your package was delivered. It does not have to be rejected. They have to either cash your checks, or send the application back. On what basis can they hang on to your application (Ofcourse, they can do anything, they can- there is no logic).

amitjoey
07-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm very positive that it is(OH's message) about filing I-485 as soon as possible. I know few lawyers going this route. Just file I-485 is the motto and make money in the process. They are just giving a false hope that USCIS may HOLD applications.:(

My lawyer is not going to charge me twice, so there is no question about making money twice.

DallasBlue
07-05-2007, 09:11 PM
"July 4. Today we received a donzen approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on july 1st"
-shusterman.com

boreal
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
"July 4. Today we received a donzen approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on july 1st"
-shusterman.com

what??

file485
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
-shusterman.com

looks like USCIS approved them keeping them as "current' in July in the last week of June...but maybe on Friday/Sat..the whole EB Fiasco took place..

talk about luck when it comes to us..!!

rajeev_74
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
It is like saying I want to have the cake & eat it too...
One hand they are rejecting applications based on the revides bulletin & on the other they are approving based on the obsolete VB...Please not the VB was in effect from July 1st.

looks like USCIS approved them keeping them as "current' in July in the last week of June...but maybe on Friday/Sat..the whole EB Fiasco took place..

talk about luck when it comes to us..!!

glus
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
-shusterman.com

That's why we have a CASE against USCIS and DOS. If one GC was approved using July's priority date, then, USCIS has a PROBLEM....and AILF will figure out how to use it against USCIS...... .

jonty_11
07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
cannot belive it....they approved cases...which were file July 2007.....

U mean wthin a couple of days....WHAT WHAT?????

rajeev_74
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
These were most likely old cases pending with the USCIS..still it does not make sense...
cannot belive it....they approved cases...which were file July 2007.....

U mean wthin a couple of days....WHAT WHAT?????

Gravitation
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
hearing from some law firms that USCIS is not rejecting the files yet. So maybe they are instructed by their lawyers not to in case the judge rules against them.
Any thoughts?

Can you give us some reference?

jfredr
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
did u get one i want my application atleast i can use medical report for one year in case it becomes current in an year (hope)

she81
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
-shusterman.com

I don't believe this is happening... What a melodrama! High time someone explains this :mad:

Gravitation
07-05-2007, 09:37 PM
-shusterman.com

USCIS has taken the visa numbers in advance of approving the applications (they can do that upto 7 days in advance) so as to exhaust the visa numbers.

This does not mean that they have to start accepting July filers' applications.

thakurrajiv
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM
USCIS has taken the visa numbers in advance of approving the applications (they can do that upto 7 days in advance) so as to exhaust the visa numbers.

This does not mean that they have to start accepting July filers' applications.
Do you have any reference on this ? Based on information till date this is not possible ? Please just don't state anything without having source.

Gravitation
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't believe this is happening... What a melodrama! High time someone explains this :mad:
Cool down. It's nothing unusual. Read my previous post.

There's no drama and July filers still don't have any hopes.

makemygc
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Message is removed from OH site.

rajeev_74
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
It is still there...
Message is removed from OH site.

amar123
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Cool down. It's nothing unusual. Read my previous post.

There's no drama and July filers still don't have any hopes.

There is confusion here,gravitation.

USCIS cannot process applications which are current in July until July 1st and if they did ,then,that is a problem.

Since Shusterman claims it, this is one more issue that must be investigated. The number of irregularities that seem to have been committed is getting mindboggling.

Gravitation
07-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Do you have any reference on this ? Based on information till date this is not possible ? Please just don't state anything without having source.
Some people just want the information that'll keep their hopes alive and ignore all other.

Read the following thread and read the 5th post: http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=256159

They have already requested visa numbers and attached to yet-to-be-approved applications. This was intentionally done to exhaust the visa numbers. They couldn't approve enough AoS applications to use all available visa numbers before July 2nd, so they approved as many as they could and simply requested visa numbers in advance for -purportly- about to be approved applications.
As these applications are approved, you'll see approvals. Not saying whether it's legal or not, but this is what's happening.

If you want to raise your hopes based on your silly beliefs, it's totally your business.

DallasBlue
07-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Some people just want the information that'll keep their silly hopes alive and ignore all other.

Read the following thread and read the 5th post: http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=256159

They have already requested visa numbers and attached to yet-to-be-approved applications. This was intentionally done to exhaust the visa numbers. They couldn't approve enough AoS applications to use all available visa numbers before July 2nd, so they approved as much as they could and simply requested visa numbers in advance for -purportly- about to be approved applications.
As these applications are approved, you'll see approvals. Not saying whether it's legal or not, but this is what happening.

If you want to raise your hopes based on your silly beliefs, it's totally your business.

Okay looks like uscis guys have assigned visa #'s to pending applications. so we would likely see approvals inspite of 'u' dates. Whether this procedure is legal or not is to be seen. Awesome, thanks Gravitation for your link to the veterans thread !!

fcres
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
There is confusion here,gravitation.

USCIS cannot process applications which are current in July until July 1st and if they did ,then,that is a problem.

Since Shusterman claims it, this is one more issue that must be investigated. The number of irregularities that seem to have been committed is getting mindboggling.

Could it be possible that on July 1st the VB was current and some attorney clamied they approved some 18k application on the 1st? Its only from 2nd that the VB became 'U'. So possibly Shusterman is getting those July 1st approved ones on the 4th.