PDA

View Full Version : If there is no rejection of July I-485 packages...and

tselva
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I have just thought of something (don't know that anyone discussed this in our forum), what if USCIS do not reject the cases filed for July and keep the packages back for few months or years, just saying...

a) Need to record each application that they have received
b) Need to make sure that there are no concurrent I-140 filings
c) Need to differentiate the packages received in June and July
d) Etc
e) Etc

What will happen to AILA' Plaintiffs? Can they sue just having FedEx/UPS tracking number and the updated visa bulletin?

What will happen to the folks applied on 1st July? They are not going to have AP and EAD in the future. Few of their visas may need renewal soon. How can the travel outside USA? I know there are lots more problems than this.....

What will happen, if Oct Visa Bulletin is moved to up to 2005 for all the EB categories and the people who have filed in July not received the packages back in the meantime?

Moreover, who knows, USCIS may not send the packages back for several weeks to avoid lawsuit. What will happen to the people who applied on 07/02?

glus
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I have just thought of something (don't know that anyone discussed this in our forum), what if USCIS do not reject the cases filed for July and keep the packages back for few months or years, just saying...

d) Etc
e) Etc

What will happen to AILA' Plaintiffs? Can they sue just having FedEx/UPS tracking number and the updated visa bulletin?

What will happen to the folks applied on 1st July? They are not going to have AP and EAD in the future. Few of their visas may need renewal soon. How can the travel outside USA? I know there are lots more problems than this.....

What will happen, if Oct Visa Bulletin is moved to up to 2005 for all the EB categories and the people who have filed in July not received the packages back in the meantime?

Moreover, who knows, USCIS may not send the packages back for several weeks to avoid lawsuit. What will happen to the people who applied on 07/02?

At this point no one knows answers to you questions. We have to wait and we will see. Ultimately, USCIS could avoid lots of headaches by accepting all July applications and issuing a new bulletin for August...but we don't know, and nobody knows what will eventually happen.

brit89
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
When the news broke about PDs becoming current, I told 2 of my friends and my family that there is something wrong going on.
It is a common sense that the visa numbers are governed by policies and should be approved by senators in parliament if not by the president.
There were no indications in senate sessions nor announcement of any political intervention at the highest level to turn the table all together.
DOL and USCIS have all excuses to wash their hands of the issue now.
We should learn to forget what has happened to prepare ourselves to move on and on and on ....
Unless there happens a miracle like in fairy tales, we never know, all depends on our karma and not worthwhile to blame anybody on this.

diptam
07-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I do NOT understand about AILA's lawsuit if the packages don't come back.

But as long as you can reproduce the Originals you should be able to file
485 again if your PD becomes CURRENT - Why Not ??

Is there any law which says that unless you get back 485 rejected you can't
file again. I dont think so.

sledge_hammer
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I think you and many more members here are simply paranoid!

Do you think that after announcing that all applications will be rejected, USICS will just keep those applications indefinitely? Come on, we are dealing with a federal government agency here, not some mafia.

d) Etc
e) Etc

hazishak
07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
At this point no one knows answers to you questions. We have to wait and we will see. Ultimately, USCIS could avoid lots of headaches by accepting all July applications and issuing a new bulletin for August...but we don't know, and nobody knows what will eventually happen.

There is no way USCIS can accept July applications. They said there is no visa available for FY-2007. Now how they will accept more applications? Basis on what? If they accept applications that means they had enough visa available but they did not want to process in which case the a law suit is imminent.

quizzer
07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Anything is possible with USCIS!!!