PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Oh - "Give emotional support to USCIS"

guy03062
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
This is the reversal from Matthew Oh. It seems that flip-flopping is not exclusive to visa bulletins, lawyers too are joining the latest fashion of flip-flopping - logiclife (sorry guy03062 to invade your post )

---

guy03062:

From Oh's website:

07/06/2007: Hard Working Women and Men in USCIS Behind the Visa Number Fiasco

From the information available thus far, this reporter believes that no one in the agencies intended to bring about this fiasco. It was lack of close communication and coordination between the USCIS and the DOS and more or less a poor handling of the situation at some level within the USCIS. The people should remember that there are many and many women and men in the agency involved who worked hard just like you and me to do the given jobs, including managers, supervisors, and other higher ups. The agencies should take this fiasco as a good opportunity to learn a lesson on what could go wrong in the management of immigration services and responsibilities affecting hundreds and thousands of other human beings. This reporter has been visiting the field offices, particularly Nebraska Service Center and other local field offices, almost every single year for over past 20 years and have met the "human" faces of hard working officers and other workers working in tiny cubicles and facilities that cannot be described as fancy offices but more or less factories and plants. When I report the current news, this reporter sees the faces of the women and men that I have met who worked in the not necessarily fit office space and environment. Without doubt, the current fiasco should be one way or another corrected and prevented in the future. However, the people should not take this opportunity to dehumanize the current event and easily demonize other people with no faces. Probably this is the time when these women and men need most an emotional support and boost from their invisible customers. After all, things will go through the legal process or other processes to correct the mistake. Low morale of these women and men will help no purposes and causes. On behalf of our readers, we want to send a big "CHEER UP" to these women and men!

Source:- http://www.immigration-law.com/

crystal
07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you think it needs two seperate threads for the same content ? Even this can be written in any other running thread

yabadaba
07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
maybe they told him if he stops publishing this junk they will aprove his cases

GCKarma

From the information available thus far, this reporter believes that no one in the agencies intended to bring about this fiasco. It was lack of close communication and coordination between the USCIS and the DOS and more or less a poor handling of the situation at some level within the USCIS. The people should remember that there are many and many women and men in the agency involved who worked hard just like you and me to do the given jobs, including managers, supervisors, and other higher ups. The agencies should take this fiasco as a good opportunity to learn a lesson on what could go wrong in the management of immigration services and responsibilities affecting hundreds and thousands of other human beings. This reporter has been visiting the field offices, particularly Nebraska Service Center and other local field offices, almost every single year for over past 20 years and have met the "human" faces of hard working officers and other workers working in tiny cubicles and facilities that cannot be described as fancy offices but more or less factories and plants. When I report the current news, this reporter sees the faces of the women and men that I have met who worked in the not necessarily fit office space and environment. Without doubt, the current fiasco should be one way or another corrected and prevented in the future. However, the people should not take this opportunity to dehumanize the current event and easily demonize other people with no faces. Probably this is the time when these women and men need most an emotional support and boost from their invisible customers. After all, things will go through the legal process or other processes to correct the mistake. Low morale of these women and men will help no purposes and causes. On behalf of our readers, we want to send a big "CHEER UP" to these women and men!

wht the heck is he talk abt? we need emotional support not them:mad:

chanduv23

These attorneys are a piece of shit. July 2nd incident has exposed them all. Right from Rajiv to Murthy to all - these people are just not capable of anything else than bullshitting.

gimme Green!!
07-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh always came as some one who goes for cheap publicity and tries to increase the hits on his web-site by sensationalizing stale news.
Did he mention that the name of the reporter is 'Mathew Oh'?

gc_lover
07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
WTF happened to him? We know he is close to celebration for 14 million hits... but... its little early for scotch and soda...
I don't know what to say...sorry :confused:

DDLMODES
07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
These attorneys are a piece of shit. July 2nd incident has exposed them all. Right from Rajiv to Murthy to all - these people are just not capable of anything else than bullshitting.

That is the reason I honestly do not believe in the class lawsuit by a 'non profit' organization like AILA/AILF. It must be something to gain from that for them.....

:mad:

deardar
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
After working over the weekends, i guess the "men and women" were overwhelmed and perhaps did not offer him a cup of coffee so he got annoyed and as a result........the pen scribbled.

jfredr
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
He is very concerned about the people who have worked over the weekend once in lifetime to screw everybody else. Not with those who have been working for years.
Cheap site guy playing tricks.

logiclife
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
First of all, no one is blaming the USCIS workers who actually sit and approve cases. This is policy decision made by senior policy staff at higher level and lawyers of USCIS. Those people sitting in bad quality cubicles and desks didnt decide to jump-start 485 approvals and consume all numbers in order to enable DOS to revise July bulletin and shut the door for 500,000 applications.

Secondly, poor office space and low quality cubicles, desks and computers for case adjudicators does not justify that higher ups handle visa bulletins recklessly and cause the loss of thousands of dollars per individual in getting medical exams that will be worthless in 12 months and other loss resulting from unneccesary travel to file 485.

Thirdly, the immigrants are willing to pony up extra cash for more USCIS efficiency if it buys USCIS better conditions and better office buildings, desks, computers and cubicles. However, poor "factory like" office buildings are not the cause of inefficiency.

The thruth is that no matter how much fees they increase, if the funds are mismanaged, or if the funds are diverted away from USCIS to other agencies of DHS, then there is nothing that immigrants can themselves do. Other than sending flowers. And there is that effort going on to by some members.

Somehow, USCIS and immigration lawyers are like 2 peas in a pod. They criticise each other, curse each other, sue each other, but at the end of the day, they CANNOT go to sleep without giving each other a huge slobbery wet kiss on the mouth. Keep kissing lawyers, keep kissing the asses of all the government agencies. Go and attend a seminar from George Oppenheim or something. Listen to his stupid ramblings on how visa bulletins are set.

Maybe George Oppenheim and Emelio Gonzalez can hold a press conference. The immigration lawyers can all crawl over each other to attend it, listen to it doe-eyed with palms on their chin. At the end of conference, there would be one line to kiss their asses and another line to lick their boots and lawyers would try to be in both lines at the same time. Just like they want to file 485 now, get rejected, invoice the clients and then file 485 "in future" again, and invoice the clients again.

Instead of sending flowers to USCIS, let's start sending some boots labelled "USCIS officer's boots" to our immigration lawyers so that they can kiss them over the weekend to their satisfaction.

gc_lover
07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
He is very concerned about the people who have worked over the weekend once in lifetime to screw everybody else. Not with those who have been working for years.
Cheap site guy playing tricks.

I know...Suddenly I lost all respect for him, I mean whatever was left of it!
He is sending "Cheer Up" on behalf of all his readers...I don't want to send any cheer up to "Hard working men and women" of USCIS!

gimme Green!!
07-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Lawyers will always be liars..

Somehow, USCIS and immigration lawyers are like 2 peas in a pod. They criticise each other, curse each other, sue each other, but at the end of the day, they CANNOT go to sleep without giving each other a huge slobbery wet kiss on the mouth. Keep kissing lawyers, keep kissing the asses of all the government agencies. Go and attend a seminar from George Oppenheim or something. Listen to his stupid ramblings on how visa bulletins are set.

Maybe George Oppenheim and Emelio Gonzalez can hold a press conference. The immigration lawyers can all crawl over each other to attend it, listen to it doe-eyed with palms on their chin. At the end of conference, there would be one line to kiss their asses and another line to lick their boots and lawyers would try to be in both lines at the same time. Just like they want to file 485 now, get rejected, invoice the clients and then file 485 "in future" again, and invoice the clients again.

Instead of sending flowers to USCIS, let's start sending some boots labelled "USCIS officer's boots" to our immigration lawyers so that they can kiss them over the weekend to their satisfaction.

pitha
07-06-2007, 04:04 PM
when we send the url of this thread to mathew oh, he will understand the betryal felt by the "millions" of people who have visited his site because of his insame ramblings about saint uscis. He better retract if he wants to celebrate the 13 million visits

gsc999
07-06-2007, 04:05 PM
USCIS is funded by application fee money that people like us pay for their services, similarly, these attorneys like OH are in business beacuse they charge fee to file those applications with USCIS.

Look at OH, they are working against our interest. A capitalist would say, it is crazy to work against your customer's interest but not an attorney like OH.

To me it simply means that OH is not interested in EB based immigrants.

They are dancing around this issue by running emotional stories about USCIS officers. It seems like this action is intended to undermine AILA's effort to get legal relief. Someone should report this to AILA and to EB based immigrants who are patrons of OH. This will expose OH and hold them accountable for their actions.

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
When I get my GC, i am willing to hire them and provide them their own cube in a Manhattan sky scrapper with with all sorts of comforts.:p

Pooja
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Mathew has to get his work done from these USCIS officers so he justs want to please them.... I thinks thats abt it..... Mathews policy... make everyone happy

DDLMODES
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Right on the money !

It was a matter of time until they would show their true colors...

gc_aspirant_prasad
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Isnt the flower drive supposed to achieve this - emotional support to USCIS.
That is exactly what we are doing, wishing them well :).
Someone needs to let Mr OH know that he is late in catching this one, IV folks already have a concrete drive out there to send flowers & cards to USCIS.

test101
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
He is one of lawyers that closed his doors on his own clients in the July 1st weekend. If you expect from him something more, you are setting up yourself for disappoitment. people focus on calling the sentors,congressmen,and media. It would be useless to waste time on him. Nobody acused the worker at USCIS of anything.

Take it easy people , direct your angery and frustration towrd something useful. he is not worth it.

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
No one would even utter his name if it were not the ppl like us who give him business and a reason to run it.

gcpool
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Mathew Oh's website has provides a lot of information when compared to a lot of other websites.

I dont even know the guy but his site has helped me a lot. And I think its not right to trash him.

Just like all of us he too is protecting his livelyhood. He has even supported and provided a link at time to immigrationvoice at one time

gc_lover
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Mathew Oh's website has provides a lot of information when compared to a lot of other websites.

I dont even know the guy but his site has helped me a lot. And I think its not right to trash him.

Just like all of us he too is protecting his livelyhood. He has even supported and provided a link at time to immigrationvoice at one time

Are you Oh's client?

prinive
07-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I am in line. please lmk when u r done with ur gc. :rolleyes:

When I get my GC, i am willing to hire them and provide them their own cube in a Manhattan sky scrapper with with all sorts of comforts.:p

bobzibub
He is right that 99.99% of those people had no say in the matter.
They are just the regular folk.
If we go around ticking them off (send them boots), they can tick us off in little ways too. Life is a two way street.

Save your anger for the CXX crowd.

deardar
If he is so scared of ( I dont know what) protecting his lively hood, SILENCE is the best weapon.

makemygc
07-06-2007, 04:15 PM

gcpool I used to think the same way when people used to bash him on his earlier debacles but I guess I've changed my mind. This guy has no self-respect. Sooner or later, you will realize that too. Also, as far as important information is concerned, most of the time he steals it from IV, aila.org or some other site.

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I am in line. please lmk when u r done with ur gc. :rolleyes:
Are you working in pathtic working conditions ? no office space, ur cube is shared with 3 others ? you dont have internet connection at work ? :D

prinive
07-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes USCIS dont have. it is pathetic. :o Are you working in pathtic working conditions ? no office space, ur cube is shared with 3 others ? you dont have internet connection at work ? :D

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes USCIS dont have. it is pathetic. :o

Alright u will have one!

raju123
07-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Who is giving emotional support to hundreds of thousands high skilled immigrants!!!!

This is the reversal from Matthew Oh. It seems that flip-flopping is not exclusive to visa bulletins, lawyers too are joining the latest fashion of flip-flopping - logiclife (sorry guy03062 to invade your post )

---

guy03062:

From Oh's website:

prinive
07-06-2007, 04:22 PM

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
we are completely drained, there are no emotions left and they think no point thinking about us

gsc999
Mathew Oh's website has provides a lot of information when compared to a lot of other websites. I dont even know the guy but his site has helped me a lot. And I think its not right to trash him.Can you explain your logic? Are we trashing him for posting lot of helpful information on his website. No. So many times he has copied and pasted scoops from IV's website

Just like all of us he too is protecting his livelyhood. We are his patrons/customers. Can you explain how is he protecting his business by working against our interests?

He has even supported and provided a link at time to immigrationvoice at one time. Yes, that is to advertise his services, he is an attorney remember! Has he contributed to IV, No! So what is your point?

See my response above. if you say something "say it right" like that song from Nelly Furtado. Don't confuse other members by using faulty logic

thomachan72

Anytime that law firm posts something a lot of our members are agitated. Most of the time, I dont understand the reason behind this agitation. If you read this post, all he says is, quoting some reporter, that there are hard working people in the uscis and that some mismanagement occured at some level, right? he points out that we should not use critical sentences against those employees of uscis but rather target our anger against the uscis-dos managerial mistakes. He also states that the truth will be clear by the legal steps. Now why did the uscis suddenly decide to work over time to clear cases, is a policy mistake and not the individual clerk's mistake, right? I personally feel that he is making an atempt to separate the ordinary uscis worker from the policy makers, who are screwing the whole system with mismanagment.

BharatPremi
07-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Who is giving emotional support to hundreds of thousands high skilled immigrants!!!!

"Meri Pith Tu Khujla aur teri pith main khujlau" meaning we will give emotional support to each other on this forum.

BharatPremi
07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
USCIS and Employers are their clients and not we.

Damn with this system!!!:eek:

And still you wanna be American:)

gc_maine2
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
good one "Women and Men" :D :D :D

no no... its "women and men"... lol

ss1026
07-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, I am neither a client nor a big fan of Matthew Oh but I will admit that I go to his website very often (right after visiting IV). Even though he is not a pro like murthy, he gives daily updates. I am not sure what his sinister plot is behind that but he tends to speak his mind.

Maybe he is off on the USCIS emotional stuff but I think tearing into him like a mob is not good either. I am sure if he pulls the plug on the daily updates, quite a few ppl would miss it including me.

So I say, We are all in a tough place and he might be a little off mark but lets leave it here and go on to better things.

Almond
07-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Anytime that law firm posts something a lot of our members are agitated. Most of the time, I dont understand the reason behind this agitation. If you read this post, all he says is, quoting some reporter, that there are hard working people in the uscis and that some mismanagement occured at some level, right? he points out that we should not use critical sentences against those employees of uscis but rather target our anger against the uscis-dos managerial mistakes. He also states that the truth will be clear by the legal steps. Now why did the uscis suddenly decide to work over time to clear cases, is a policy mistake and not the individual clerk's mistake, right? I personally feel that he is making an atempt to separate the ordinary uscis worker from the policy makers, who are screwing the whole system with mismanagment.

Exactly what I think.

It is without doubt that these people are overworked and deal with an immense load of cases in conditions less than optimal under incredible pressure. Whatever Oh's reasoning for posting this, the article has a good point and it gives you something to think about.

gcnirvana
07-06-2007, 04:35 PM
If he, in fact, did quote some reporter, why can't he provide a link just like his other updates?!!

gcpool
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
As mentioned before. I dont even know the guy or even have any dealing with him. But I have been a regular visitor to his website for more than 4 years

Are you Oh's client?

blackberry
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
What more can we do , we are already sending flowers :)

--BB

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:42 PM
If the USCIS higher ups are asking the clerks to slog their A's then they should either rebel against them or form a union and do anything that would not let them succumb to the higher up's fancies as long as it legal.
If they cannot do it who else will do it( in this democratic nation ).

I dont about others, I am waiting for my GC so that I can release my self from the hand of my money sucking emp.

Almond
07-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Its the same freakin "women and men" of the mighty USCIS that:

1) do not respond to queries.
2) blunder on docuemnts.
3) ask RFEs that are already posted.
4) sit on their hin'es while files go stale.
5) make money on AP/EAD while they waste time doing NOTHING.
6) hide behind NC and IBIS and other acronyms to cover their sub-standard operations.

and when they see a floodgate opening to deluge them in they avert it by showing "efficieny" unmatched to anything this country has never ever ever has seen. Even Passports are not made with this fu**in dedication...

a salute to "worker bees"!!!!!, my foot.... :(

Mmm, I don't know, are they really wasting time doing nothing when there are thousands of cases going in that they have to process every single day? I've been waiting for this thing for years and just like you I now have to wait a lot longer and it makes me want to scream my head off but I wouldn't go blaming them like this and saying they do nothing; I seriously doubt "doing nothing" is even possible there. Obviously either their internal processing system is really flawed (due to higher ups' failures) or they are so overwhelmed with work that they're messing up on a lot of cases. I do not blame the "worker bees" I blame their superiors. For example, it's pathetic to call customer service and get 10 different answers to a question, it's like a guessing game, do they not train these people or do they just sit them down in front of the phones and make them memorize that 2 paragraph speech they give you when they answer the phone??

deardar
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
However, the people should not take this opportunity to dehumanize the current event and easily demonize other people with no faces. Probably this is the time when these women and men need most an emotional support and boost from their invisible customers. After all, things will go through the legal process or other processes to correct the mistake. Low morale of these women and men will help no purposes and causes. On behalf of our readers, we want to send a big "CHEER UP" to these women and men!

When did we dehumanize the current event ?
We never demonized other people with no faces ? ( IS there any one who sent flowers to a clark ?- I dont think so )

As we are invisible customer, our support is also invisible- perhaps the reporter did not realize this.

Any thing we can do to boost the morale of these women and men ?

gsc999
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Exactly what I think.
Whatever Oh's reasoning for posting this, the article has a good point and it gives you something to think about.
--
Lawyers use analogies and stories in their arguments to sway the judge and jury all the time.
Lets not play into this facade of "poor USCIS workers." That is not the issue here. The issue is July bulletin.

There were lot of poor hardworking employees at Enron also. So what! Does that absolve the Enron management of its fraud. No! similarly how does poor USCIS working condition absolve ad-hoc policy decision to change July visa bulletin by USCIS managers. It doesn't. Please separate the two issues and try to understand why OH is wrong in promoting such stories. It causes people to loose focus from the main issue and infact they start questioning their own motives in a legal action against USCIS (oh, those poor workers et al)

If you still feel concern for USCIS working condition than don't forget the huge application fee increase coming in July end. Shouldn't that address that issue, unless, as someone pointed out, those funds are transferred to DHS instead.

We have nothing against USCIS workers. Lets separate the spin from reality.

Raju
07-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Guys,
Calm down. Try to ignore posts like this. There is no point in creating a new thread and dicussing this stuff for 5-10 pages. Read it and if you feel that it is stupid, just ignore it. I did not see any substance in either Oh's post or members comments on his post. Move on....

crystal
07-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Sorry but I really did not get why a core memeber needs to react to a useless thread like this in a such a harsh manner which does not yield any usefull result in the end.

priderock
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Nice to hear some sane voices in the pandemonium. When Oh had a breaking news that DOS might revise their visa bulletin , most people had posted harsh things about him , some using the language unfit for the high skilled people that we often take pride in. In the end his predictions turned out to be true. Although my attorneys knew this news , they were guarded in their response. It is good to have some one who talks his mind and gives info without bullshit. It is probable that we may not like some of them nor agree with them. But I am sure we shall not use such language against him.

nixstor
07-06-2007, 04:56 PM
One simple thing. Do we need to discuss every thing Mr Oh writes irrespective of whether it makes sense to us or not. By looking at the most of the posts, most of them consider him as a publicity freak. What ever he is, Is his particular post debatable so much?

If he is really yearning for publicity in your opinion, he is getting it. Looks like folks here like him / do not like him, but cannot ignore his irrelevant emotional post.

ss1026
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Consistency is what we lack in all these lawyers... and thats what makes us ( atleast most of us) annoyed... i mean what nerve to say anything in favor of the "worker bees"... they bloody well slack 8 months and then to avoid filings they turn around and do the UNTHINKABLE, WWWOOORRRKKK....

lazy bums, they did it to avoid more work, nothing else... and rest assured they will be paid overtime, guess from whose pocket, urs and mine (i.e. app fee)...

Hey even I stay up on project delivery nights, its a job and if they don't like it they should outsource it like other things that they are not good at...

It is the easiest thing to be a critic. If I am one the USCIS, I would be pretty ticked off by the language and the insinuations that you make here. They have messed quite a few things (the big honcho's atleast) and with a PD of Feb 2005 EB3 India, I am in this for the long haul.

But get some class and try not to be so critical of others. Lets do what we can lawfully do and see where the system takes us. We are all here and going through this because of the greatness about this society. But there is no Utopia but atleast you can sue the USCIS/DOS and hope for a good outcome.

dionysus
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Can't you see it! This Mathew guy is showing classic symptoms of Stockholm syndrome! In this psychological disorder, the victim starts to identify and sympathise with his/her oppressor.

May be AILA should use him as an evidence of severe emotional trauma leading to temporary (or perhaps permament) loss of sanity. Man, this guy will win loads of money if he just presents himself in the courts in this shape.

---

guy03062:

From Oh's website:

cool_guy_onnet1
07-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Can't you see it! This Mathew guy is showing classic symptoms of Stockholm syndrome! In this psychological disorder, the victim starts to identify and sympathise with his/her oppressor.

May be AILA should use him as an evidence of severe emotional trauma leading to temporary (or perhaps permament) loss of sanity. Man, this guy will win loads of money if he just presents himself in the courts in this shape.
I love his website-- so many mistakes when it comes to grammer!
This guy loves to report him as third person or "this reporter" who the f are you? Cleopatra lol
It has become my ritual now to check his site, get some laugh and share it with my co-workers! I criticized him for his bad grammar and he blamed it on the "monitor" and was complaining - Sure I would like to file my case with him ;-)

Enjoy your weekend! Since last week I have stopped thinking about GC and planning to sail in Hudson this weekend.

lj_rr
07-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I think most of the Comments we make about Oh are uncalled for.
Whatever he told is nothing but the truth. He says that it was "more or less a poor handling of the situation at some level within the USCIS" that caused the July VB fiasco and not the regular employees who did what they were asked to.
He is not supporting what USCIS did or speaking against is, so Iam not sure what everybody is upset.

His website has always provided very useful updates and if update is against them I see people bashing him.
Those ppl who don't like it should stop visiting his site for "Free updates" rather that making a big hue abt it here.

rahulpaper
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Its pure "politics"....and is one thing which is consistent all over the world.... July bulletin is a procedural screwup which should be investigated immediately. I may not know all you know of...but we are still not at war...we need to get to win/win (resolution). Anyways, You said it right...its not the worker bee but the queen bee (people who are paid to make informed policy decisions) who need to come out and answer some tough questions.

First of all, no one is blaming the USCIS workers who actually sit and approve cases. This is policy decision made by senior policy staff at higher level and lawyers of USCIS. Those people sitting in bad quality cubicles and desks didnt decide to jump-start 485 approvals and consume all numbers in order to enable DOS to revise July bulletin and shut the door for 500,000 applications.

Secondly, poor office space and low quality cubicles, desks and computers for case adjudicators does not justify that higher ups handle visa bulletins recklessly and cause the loss of thousands of dollars per individual in getting medical exams that will be worthless in 12 months and other loss resulting from unneccesary travel to file 485.

Thirdly, the immigrants are willing to pony up extra cash for more USCIS efficiency if it buys USCIS better conditions and better office buildings, desks, computers and cubicles. However, poor "factory like" office buildings are not the cause of inefficiency.

The thruth is that no matter how much fees they increase, if the funds are mismanaged, or if the funds are diverted away from USCIS to other agencies of DHS, then there is nothing that immigrants can themselves do. Other than sending flowers. And there is that effort going on to by some members.

jonty_11
07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Its pure "politics"....and is one thing which is consistent all over the world.... July bulletin is a procedural screwup which should be investigated immediately. I may not know all you know of...but we are still not at war...we need to get to win/win (resolution). Anyways, You said it right...its not the worker bee but the queen bee (people who are paid to make informed policy decisions) who need to come out and answer some tough questions.
I agree, I dont think its even worth our attention.....let him post wahtever he feels like, all we care is a good end to all of this.

Ramba
07-06-2007, 06:34 PM
There is no doubt that CIS and DOS mismanaged the situation in a hurry to avoid wasting of visa numbers. They did not coordinate well in June. DOS should have got alert after heavy approval in first week of June. It is not unusual as higher level officers in government are highly bureaucratic. Despite heavy approval, it is a big surprise to make all category “current”. We should strongly blame the lawyers by keeping silent after seeing wrong VB in June 12. Just before July VB, ombudsman report was available to public. Here is the small very important piece of information in his report.

There will be severe consequences from rapid fluctuations in priority dates. If the priority date became current today (june 12), due to delayed USCIS processing and thus underutilization of visa numbers, some have predicted that within a few months as many as 500,000 to 750,000 individuals now residing in the United States under a temporary worker visa could apply for a green card. Additionally, DOL’s recent backlog elimination efforts, scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2007, are predicted to add 70,000 or more approved labor certifications yielding as many as 170,000 additional green card applications. As USCIS begins to complete these applications and request visa numbers from DOS, the 140,000 statutorily authorized visa numbers will be used. DOS then will be required to retrogress priority dates. Consequently, most applicants in this scenario will find themselves trapped where as they anticipated timely receipt of a green card, their wait exceeds seven or more years. In addition, all future employment-based green card applicants effectively would be barred from applying for many years.38

How it was possible to lawyers and their associations smartly ignored this information and not advised the clients? One lawyer is saying that he called DOS and DOS replied him that they do not have any intension of accepting new 485s. Why he did not announce this information to the world in June? The PD becomes current just to clear the backlogs. After seeing the VB in July, all the lawyers just saw the “dollar bills”. They are also in a hurry to accepting the dollar bill did not check the reality.

jonty_11
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
There is no doubt that CIS and DOS mismanaged the situation in a hurry to avoid wasting of visa numbers. They did not coordinate well in June. DOS should have got alert after heavy approval in first week of June. It is not unusual as higher level officers in government are highly bureaucratic. Despite heavy approval, it is a big surprise to make all category “current”. We should strongly blame the lawyers by keeping silent after seeing wrong VB in June 12. Just before July VB, ombudsman report was available to public. Here is the small very important piece of information in his report.

There will be severe consequences from rapid fluctuations in priority dates. If the priority date became current today (june 12), due to delayed USCIS processing and thus underutilization of visa numbers, some have predicted that within a few months as many as 500,000 to 750,000 individuals now residing in the United States under a temporary worker visa could apply for a green card. Additionally, DOL’s recent backlog elimination efforts, scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2007, are predicted to add 70,000 or more approved labor certifications yielding as many as 170,000 additional green card applications. As USCIS begins to complete these applications and request visa numbers from DOS, the 140,000 statutorily authorized visa numbers will be used. DOS then will be required to retrogress priority dates. Consequently, most applicants in this scenario will find themselves trapped where as they anticipated timely receipt of a green card, their wait exceeds seven or more years. In addition, all future employment-based green card applicants effectively would be barred from applying for many years.38

How it was possible to lawyers and their associations smartly ignored this information and not advised the clients? One lawyer is saying that he called DOS and DOS replied him that they do not have any intension of accepting new 485s. Why he did not announce this information to the world in June? The PD becomes current just to clear the backlogs. After seeing the VB in July, all the lawyers just saw the “dollar bills”. They are also in a hurry to accepting the dollar bill did not check the reality.
Please understand what it means by a Pd being current in a VB..it meansu can file for AOS....that is exactly what we planned to do...

I do not think lawyers are to blame here. Blame lies solely and ly on USCIS/DOS.

Ombudsman works for USCIS and not for the lawyers...if the DOS and USCIS didnt pay any heed to this part of the report, then why should we..?

Ramba
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Please understand what it means by a Pd being current in a VB..it meansu can file for AOS....that is exactly what we planned to do...

I do not think lawyers are to blame here. Blame lies solely and ly on USCIS/DOS

The "current" has two effects.
1. If it is current, all the eligible 485s that are currently pending with CIS needs to be approved.
2. All the 140 approved (pending) guys eligible to apply 485.

The bottom line is they can not approve more than 140K. The number two pours about 750K new applications for 20K reamining number. CIS do not want to take that much number of application. If they take that much applications it will take years to get approval. Their taget goal is to approve 485 in 6 months once it is recived. Otherwise, this much fee increase has no meaning. In order to meet that goal, and to justify the fee increse, they should accept correct numbers.

This is simple funda behind this mess..

met3259
07-06-2007, 07:40 PM
First of all, no one ........... our immigration lawyers so that they can kiss them over the weekend to their satisfaction.

Hey Buddy:

I know how much this hurts and nothing anyone can write will change that. We all need you to be the ambassatorial administrator that you have always been. Providing insightful and meaningful leadership and direction. That's who you are. And yes, like the rest of us, you are human too.

If anyone deserves to complain, bitch, and blow off steam, it is you. Take the weekend, do your best to collect your true character (after being hit soooo hard by this shot) and come back fighting.

In the end, the only other choice is to return to home country -- if that is "not an option", then you are needed, right here; back in the saddle leading the charge.

God Bless

thomachan72
07-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Here is another post by one of our members. what do you have to say about this? is this post to be considered BS just because it was posted on mathew oh? http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6165

clockwork
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
The "current" has two effects.
1. If it is current, all the eligible 485s that are currently pending with CIS needs to be approved.
2. All the 140 approved (pending) guys eligible to apply 485.

The bottom line is they can not approve more than 140K. The number two pours about 750K new applications for 20K reamining number. CIS do not want to take that much number of application. If they take that much applications it will take years to get approval. Their taget goal is to approve 485 in 6 months once it is recived. Otherwise, this much fee increase has no meaning. In order to meet that goal, and to justify the fee increse, they should accept correct numbers.

This is simple funda behind this mess..

Ramba,
In that case, it is USCIS and DOS responsibility to clearly state so in the VISA bulletin that it is only for approval and not for receiving applications. Here, thousands of ppl spent thousands of $$$ to file their I-485s. Dont they feel guilty for doing this?
:mad:

brb2
07-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Matthew Oh's Web sites is one of the most up to date immigration sites. He is truly dedicated to updating the site and providing immigration information along with his own comments. Some times you may like it sometimes you may not like it. As highly educated skilled immigrants the last thing you want to do is to spew venom and bad mouth him on an open forum, that too under the IV organization umbrella. If you don't like his web postings, why keep visiting it and then bitching about it? No doubt people have spent money on 485 and are feeling frustrated but berating a respected immigration lawyer will not win you any friends or respect.
It is always easy to shoot the messenger, to avoid having to to reflect on a message or information that one does not like.

anilsal
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Matthew Oh's Web sites is one of the most up to date immigration sites. He is truly dedicated to updating the site and providing immigration information along with his own comments. Some times you may like it sometimes you may not like it. As highly educated skilled immigrants the last thing you want to do is to spew venom and bad mouth him on an open forum, that too under the IV organization umbrella. If you don't like his web postings, why keep visiting it and then bitching about it? No doubt people have spent money on 485 and are feeling frustrated but berating a respected immigration lawyer will not win you any friends or respect.
It is always easy to shoot the messenger, to avoid having to to reflect on a message or information that one does not like.

I think I agree with this opinion.

bombaysardar
07-06-2007, 11:36 PM

I can add : Oh's one of the most up to date websites, save the occasional errors.

I guess all he is trying to say is that USCIS employees are just like you and me, trying to do their jobs. I would think the lower level employees did not (and would not) take the intiative to process 5 times applications in June (60K) vs other 'normal' months (10K).

CADude
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I agree