PDA

View Full Version : Are there any current EB-2I @ Initial Review Stage

seekerofpeace
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Folks,

Are there any of you (whose PDs are current) in the "Initial Review Stage" as per the new USCIS website. As per numerous calls, to TSC and thru appointment at Infopass I found that my wife's case is with an IO and not yet pre-adjudicated....even after more than 2 years of filing with my case approved, I don't understand how come she is not pre-adjudicated....while of I see for statistics on ?TSC most cases are preadjudicated...I am sure many people who are not current are Preadjudicated while a few of those who are are not.....

I wanted to check in the forum if anyone else who s not approved are in that stage....I am worried that non-preadjudicated cases won't get approved even when the dates become current come October 1st as they fall under still review cases....not sure what to do to shake things up apart from contacting Congressman's office every week..sending letters to senators and DHS and checking with the CSRs now and then and yeah opened an SR and got the standard response...

SoP

thakurrajiv
09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Folks,

Are there any of you (whose PDs are current) in the "Initial Review Stage" as per the new USCIS website. As per numerous calls, to TSC and thru appointment at Infopass I found that my wife's case is with an IO and not yet pre-adjudicated....even after more than 2 years of filing with my case approved, I don't understand how come she is not pre-adjudicated....while of I see for statistics on ?TSC most cases are preadjudicated...I am sure many people who are not current are Preadjudicated while a few of those who are are not.....

I wanted to check in the forum if anyone else who s not approved are in that stage....I am worried that non-preadjudicated cases won't get approved even when the dates become current come October 1st as they fall under still review cases....not sure what to do to shake things up apart from contacting Congressman's office every week..sending letters to senators and DHS and checking with the CSRs now and then and yeah opened an SR and got the standard response...

SoP

I am also in the same boat. Both mine and my wife's I 485 online status shows "Initial review". Does the status update to something else after pre-adjudication ?

thakurrajiv
09-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I am also in the same boat. Both mine and my wife's I 485 online status shows "Initial review". Does the status update to something else after pre-adjudication ?
Forgot to mention my date is not current. But I am curious whether it is possible to know pre-adjudication status beforehand.

gc4dc
09-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey Guys -

we are also in similar situation. My case (primary) was approved in Aug 08 and wifes case(dependent) still pending I-485. I called USCIS CR 3-4 months back and they said her case is pre-adjudicated and once the visa numbers are available then her case will be approved ... but I saw her Case status today (on new USCIS website) and it shows under "Initial Review" .. its really confusing .... hope these guys dont mess up things again :( .... please do share your experience ....

Thanks.

rupchikgulti
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I am with you, in same boat.

mundada
09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
My and my wife's still show Initial Review, even though I got medical RFE, which I replied.

seekerofpeace
09-25-2009, 12:18 PM
One thing to notice is :

After initial review there is
RFE (Hope we don't get that) and then Interview (Hope we don't get that either) and then the much awaited Decision.

so between Initial Review and Decision we have two steps which most applicants don't have to go thru.

But Initial Review does not mention if a case is Preadjudicated or not or with an IO or not that info can come only from Infopass or CSR (if one's lucky)

SoP

hoolahoous
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
one of my friend's PD is current. Still her status shows as 'intial' review. I think the status is just a lipstick on pig.
same old status with new UI.

prakgc
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes .. my case too shows initial review on the case status online section even though when i had taken an infopass appt the IO told me your case is pre-adjucated.

i talked to several of my friends whose cases show "initial review" even though they were told it is pre-adjucated. There is no other status if your case is pre-adjucated.

I think we can safely assume that "initial review" doesn't mean anything new , and if your cases were pre-adjucated then they probably still are.

one of my friend's PD is current. Still her status shows as 'intial' review. I think the status is just a lipstick on pig.
same old status with new UI.

nrk
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
My PD is not current..

Our (My wife & Me) status is showing as Initial Review

apb
09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Even though the case is transferred to NBC

naushit
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi SOP,

Probably I have the oldest PD on this thread, I also tried almost everything , and got no result.

My PD was current 18 months out of 36 months
and RD/ND was within processing time for 24+ months, still they did not get time to adjudicate my case.

Just wondering what is your next step?

-N

Folks,

SoP

thomachan72
09-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi SOP,

Probably I have the oldest PD on this thread, I also tried almost everything , and got no result.

and RD/ND was within processing time for 24+ months, still they did not get time to adjudicate my case.

-N

Your case is almost "wierd". EB2 with PD2003? and still waiting? you definitely need to get an infopass and find out what is going on!! Maybe they completely lost your application somewhere. Not to scare you but it really is very wierd. 2004 PDs are almost all done except for a few.

inderman
09-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Me and my wife 485 also shows Initial review... I created an Service Request 3 weeks back and got an email reply this week with the following text -

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I was completely taken by surprise that based on this response neither my case has been preadjudicated nor the background check has been completed... contrary to all the stats and claims USCIS has been making about these two things.

Had an infopass appt to get some clarity... The person i met said nothing to worry, ur case is fine, things look good in the system and to ignore the email i received!

Called and spoke with NSC center today... Here is what the NSC person told me in a nutshell-

1. There is a glitch on my case as of now... He will try to see what can be done about the glitch! No further explanation on this and raises his voice if i ask for more details.

2. Wait for atleast 4 months and then call back to see if there is an update.

3. Tells me NSC constantly reviews all cases and from time to time such issues will come n go...

After the Service Request and this conversation with NSC, i am loosing the little hope i had w.r.to my case getting processed....... not sure what other steps can be taken!

k_usa
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
File for WOM[Writ of Mandamus]. What are u waiting for?

Hi SOP,

-N

radhay
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
My case is similar. Our case has been transferred to National benefit center and then to local center where we were interviewed in Dec-07. Now the case status shows 'intial review' and pending at national benefit center :-(

At the info pass today , I was told case is pre-adjucated waiting for visa and is still at local office. IO doesn't know who/how the online status gets updated.

BharatPremi
09-25-2009, 06:28 PM
How to know whether you case is preadjudicated:
-----------------------------------------------------------

1) Keep A number and 485 receipt number for primary applicant and blank paper and pen
ready before calling USCIS.
2) Call USCIS:1-800-375-5283
3) While you listen jargon first click 3 and then click 1. This way you can reach to
a "human" working in USCIS. Now this options are for notifying "change of address"
and so when representative comes first question s/he will ask is whether you want to
change address or not. You would say "no" of course as your goal is different.
4) If you have not received any RFE yet then staright ask whether your case is in
preadjudicated mode or not. Of course you will have to give your receipt number first.

If you received RFE then better to wait at least 60 days to make a call to USCIS after
you responded RFE. In case of RFE just tell her/him that you responded RFE with
additional doc well before 60 days but you have not heard anything back from USCIS thereafter. Now s/he will be forced to create a
service rquest for you and in the process s/he will ask your A number, when did you file 485 first time, birthdate, name, address and then
will give you a case number for service request and within the frame of that service request just ask whether you are in preadjudicated
queue or "Other pending" queue. You will get your answer. This is how I came to know that I am in Preadjudicated queue.

Now I would like to learn about the experience from somebody who has not got any RFE yet and already came to know whether his/her case is in preadjuicate queue or not.

tempgc
09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
They will till whether the case is preadjucated or not immediately or they will send in a mail response ?

apb
09-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Very cordial IO at infopass.
Address on my wife's file is correct. Address on my file is incorrect.
Step 1 -- Changed address

Now the question. Why the case got transferred.
He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.
Will get response by end of Oct.

Btw, I told him that I recvd emails on both our 485 notifying transfer to NBC.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.

seekerofpeace
09-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Naushit,
I called TSC again today..hoping Friday late afternoon their mood will be nice...but alas they don't give much hope.

Just hangin there..
SoP

seekerofpeace
09-25-2009, 07:21 PM
APB,
That was hell of an ifo to get from infopass...now that the problem or disease is diagnosed...please put pressure thru congressional and senatorial channels to trace the file...do a ombudsman too....

All the best..

SoP

DSLStart
09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
The case status is still same bull $#@!. 4 yr old 485 says initial review, 4 yr old approved 140 says RFE response received, 3 months ago my AP was approved and status is case pending... There is zero transparency on case status, so another failed promise by USCIS. Whats the use of knowing the false status by email/SMS/telex/fax/telegram etc :rolleyes:

fatjoe
09-25-2009, 11:55 PM
I have called uscis several times (say 10 times), but I kept getting the same answer..."We cannot find out if your case is pre-adjudicated or not, and for that matter no CSR would be able to give that info... you will only have wait ".
Mine is still in Initial Review, though I came to know thru infopass that my case was pre-adjudicated.
Raised 2 SRs, went for an igfopass, contacted Senator, but nothing seems to be happening.
In the height of frustration....

How to know whether you case is preadjudicated:
-----------------------------------------------------------

1) Keep A number and 485 receipt number for primary applicant and blank paper and pen
ready before calling USCIS.
2) Call USCIS:1-800-375-5283
3) While you listen jargon first click 3 and then click 1. This way you can reach to
a "human" working in USCIS. Now this options are for notifying "change of address"
and so when representative comes first question s/he will ask is whether you want to
change address or not. You would say "no" of course as your goal is different.
4) If you have not received any RFE yet then staright ask whether your case is in
preadjudicated mode or not. Of course you will have to give your receipt number first.

If you received RFE then better to wait at least 60 days to make a call to USCIS after
you responded RFE. In case of RFE just tell her/him that you responded RFE with
additional doc well before 60 days but you have not heard anything back from USCIS thereafter. Now s/he will be forced to create a
service rquest for you and in the process s/he will ask your A number, when did you file 485 first time, birthdate, name, address and then
will give you a case number for service request and within the frame of that service request just ask whether you are in preadjudicated
queue or "Other pending" queue. You will get your answer. This is how I came to know that I am in Preadjudicated queue.

Now I would like to learn about the experience from somebody who has not got any RFE yet and already came to know whether his/her case is in preadjuicate queue or not.

alterego
09-26-2009, 12:35 AM
The case status is still same bull $#@!. 4 yr old 485 says initial review, 4 yr old approved 140 says RFE response received, 3 months ago my AP was approved and status is case pending... There is zero transparency on case status, so another failed promise by USCIS. Whats the use of knowing the false status by email/SMS/telex/fax/telegram etc :rolleyes:

I agree with your assessment. When you call you are dealing with a bunch of ignorant reps. who do not understand or care what is your unique situation. They are trained to parrot out some standard responses and that is what they do. Stall, Stall, Stall. That should be their mantra. The irony is that if they were to simply do their job and follow their own rules they would not have to expend all these resources making up excuses and stalling. We are simply asking them to follow their own rules. Apparently that is beyond them.
Incompetence abounds.
How can they even muster the phrase FIFO, and then leave 4 plus year old 485 cases out and approve countless 485 cases filed well after that. FIFO my a$$.
The least they could do is tell the truth and admit they disregard FIFO and just go randomly. They want us to believe they have some exceptionally arduous task to keep this in order. They are quite simply astonishingly incompetent and no one holds them accountable.
All of you that have got RFEs, your response is by no means assured to reach your file, it often does not get to your file. I found that out last year that my RFE response did not get to my file, a year later, and only after an inquiry by my congressman! Applications that get RFEs it would appear go into some salt mine in Utah for storage.

seekerofpeace
09-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Alterego, APB, fatjoe and others,

If your case is in TSC, hope to get Karen or Beck. They seemed to be informed. The CSR is always supposed to tell her name and batch number. You keep on trying till you get either of them........they seem to be patient and well informed and won't give routine answers...

FIFO is a joke.......I think we will be the very few of 2004 left licking our wounds...while everyone else gets approved......no objection to approvals but it should be fair...I am sure if someone with an earlier PD gets approved before later ones...no one will feel bad it is true for any category.....

hope that helps,

SoP