PDA

View Full Version : USCIS Plans to forward flowers

gimme_GC2006
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f4b3076eb0f93110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D

Pooja
07-10-2007, 08:34 AM
That shows that our voices are being heard

GCapplicant
07-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I hope they understand us

newbee7
07-10-2007, 08:37 AM
http://www.twincities.com/business/ci_6336222

Immigration Voice, a volunteer nonprofit that primarily exists online, representing skilled foreign workers applying for green cards, is supporting a flower campaign to protest what it called a "flip-flop." Borrowing a nonviolent move from a popular Indian film, it is urging members to send white flowers to USCIS director Emilio Gonzalez. The protest blooms are to arrive at immigration headquarters today.

ashkam
07-10-2007, 08:39 AM
That shows that our voices are being heard

How does it show that?

nat23
07-10-2007, 08:47 AM
How does it show that?

Well the first evidence is that USCIS knows about it before hand and hence made the arrangement. How did they know about it? Media.

USCIS also knows that why will it receive those flowers. In addition to that the media will be over this plus when it gets to Walter Reid people will ask where did they come from. I think the purpose was not that USCIS keeps those flowers but that the media covers the issue.

laborchic
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
The official statement on the website is an acknowledgement of receiving flowers. I wish the media covers this incident the way we want them to cover.

dtekkedil
07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
The official statement on the website is an acknowledgement of receiving flowers. I wish the media covers this incident the way we want them to cover.

check this out -

http://www.uscis.gov

eb3_nepa
07-10-2007, 10:59 AM
HOW IS THE PURPOSE BEING SERVED??????

The USCIS is conveniently shipping the flowers to a hospital!!

Once again I ask, HOW is the purpose being served.

Actually before that I have a Bigger Question.

Whas IS the purpose behind sending USCIS Flowers?

anda007
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
If you have not understood the purpose till now, I pity you.
It is below me, to explain you the purpose.
You do not deserve an explanation
We have spent our money (not yours) to send this flower. So why don't you simply shut your f.. ing mouth

eb3_nepa
07-10-2007, 11:16 AM
We have spent our money (not yours) to send this flower. So why don't you simply shut your f.. ing mouth

A simple explanation is better that the nonsense you just wrote man. All i am asking is the true purpouse behind the move. Why is that so wrong? If you guys want Congress to take action against USCIS, why not send ur flowers to the Congressmen/Senators

p_kumar
07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
watching too many movies and trying to imitate them. Indian community has made a complete fool of themselves.:mad:

vinabath
07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
When you are deeply hurt by someone or something is bothering you. You let it out.

Why??
So you could move on.HOW IS THE PURPOSE BEING SERVED??????

dtekkedil
07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
watching too many movies and trying to imitate them. Indian community has made a complete fool of themselves.:mad:

The idea may have come from a movie. But it isn't shameful to identify a good idea and make use of it! What makes you think that sending flowers is shameful? The power of this campaign is that it is so unorthodox that the media will cover it. Too bad you cannot see it! You are still stuck with the fact that you saw the idea in a movie! At least those who went with it were willing to stand up for themselves!

The idea is to make some noise! Don't you feel neglected? If we make enough noise and make our pains known... we hope that the Government will do something about it!

The reason for sending it to USCIS - Everyone blames them so isn't it a good idea to send it to those who would feel the most pressure?

perm
07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Gandhigiri round 2
Cookies for DOS/ USCIS family members? Now this is not from a movie. if someone slaps you one side, offer the other side ;)

sheraaj
07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Hello Guys,
Looks like this did got some visibility. It does not matter you have won the game or not but getting the message and getting the visibility is important.

Check wikipedia article (Down below). -- > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhigiri

"Wikipedia is a free online library with many articles and it is very popular website and gaining popularity every day."

BTW.. People might argue why are we doing this and Gandhiji did not do this. Gabdhiji clearly stated that Satyagraha can be achieved in any way as long as it is peacefull. We are doing Flower-Satyagraha.

Thanks to you all. If you did not send then keep on sending. IV has done a very good job by initiating this.

Regards..RAJ

amsgc
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
A simple explanation is better that the nonsense you just wrote man. All i am asking is the true purpouse behind the move. Why is that so wrong? If you guys want Congress to take action against USCIS, why not send ur flowers to the Congressmen/Senators

The general idea is:

"USCIS, we understand that you are a sick organization - here's wishing you a speedy recovery. We hope that when you recover, you are strong and responsible, bearing in mind that your actions affect thousands of law abiding high skilled residents of the US"

saimrathi
07-10-2007, 11:44 AM
If USCIS can cause so much inconvenience while being sick, imagine what it could if it were healthy and strong..

The general idea is:

"USCIS, we understand that you are a sick organization - here's wishing you a speedy recovery. We hope that when you recover, you are strong and responsible, bearing in mind that your actions affect thousands of law abiding high skilled residents of the US"

p_kumar
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
you know, i hear this all the time "law abiding high skilled residents of the US".
its upto US govt to determine if they want more skilled immigrants are not.Its just a question of supply and demand.Now there are more immigrants who want to immigrate and US simply cannot accept everyone. If its so simple, whole world would be sending flowers to US govt.This is a failed mission from the start.:rolleyes:

obviously
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
You should get an award for Positive Thinking.
________
CatWomann (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/CatWomann/)

saimrathi
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
It would have been more effective if the 12 million illegal immigrants were involved too.. imagine the number of flowers then... please direct your resources to spreading the word instead of wasting valuable time and money or bollywood ideas...

you know, i hear this all the time "law abiding high skilled residents of the US".
its upto US govt to determine if they want more skilled immigrants are not.Its just a question of supply and demand.Now there are more immigrants who want to immigrate and US simply cannot accept everyone. If its so simple, whole world would be sending flowers to US govt.This is a failed mission from the start.:rolleyes:

dtekkedil
07-10-2007, 11:56 AM

The US Govt allocates 140,000 GC for skilled worker. In the past few years we have lost about 200,000 of them because of USCIS! If we could use those "lost" visas we wont be having this retrogression!

When they have decided that they can have that many "skilled-workers" coming in per year why take those numbers away if USCIS fails to use them in a year?

Libra
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
:D

If USCIS can cause so much inconvenience while being sick, imagine what it could if it were healthy and strong..

HumHongeKamiyab
07-10-2007, 12:00 PM
The purpose
1. To lodge a complain or to make a point that "we invested lot of time and money for AOS filing."
2. To send a peaceful message that "We are united and dont take us for granted"
3. Most important - To "attract media" and get noticed.
4. To make someone accountable for the mistake. This will avoid any further incidents like this.

BTW, I like what USCIS is doing.. I have always found people here to be practical rather than theory oriented and there is nothing wrong in forwarding our flowers... There is no winning or losing here.. I think our purpose is served.

This is just my opinion.

sleekguy2003
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello folks P_KUMAR DESI NAHIN HAI..HOGA GORA KOOFIAA

Libra
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
p_kumar, do you what you are talking about? if US doesn't want high skilled legal immigrants they can simply stop issuing H1bs. And if they dont want those H1bs already here to be permanent residance then they simply remove the law which allows H1bs to become immigrants. you know what i mean, did you get why we all are doing this? no, then take it easy man, just be a guest not member.

satyasaich
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Friend
Eb3_nepa is a senior member of IV and has been consistently contributing. I believe nobody, means nobody need to give explanation to anybody. But we are all here to share some of the good thoughts, some of the same sort of pains and preferably work together and contribute in a constructive way.
if somebody is asking a question and if you think you can answer, that's fine else just stay quiet. we are all educated and professional people, no matter which country of origin.
Please do not take personally. some of you believed that sending flowers to USCIS is a good idea. But i felt sending flowers to DOS is good idea. Finally all that matters is whether WE got enough attention (which i don't know at this time)
Yeah, i DO believe that sending flowers WILL NEVER hurt our green card processing, and i do believe that there is nothing to lose. we all have freedom of expression.

p_kumar
07-10-2007, 12:07 PM
p_kumar, do you what you are talking about? if US doesn't want high skilled legal immigrants they can simply stop issuing H1bs. And if they dont want those H1bs already here to be permanent residance then they simply remove the law which allows H1bs to become immigrants. you know what i mean, did you get why we all are doing this? no, then take it easy man, just be a guest not member.

you are not getting the point.Its their country, they will prioritize fixing their problems and broken systems. They have much serious problems like war, healthcare to worry about. Immigratn visa is a privelege not a right. You guys talk about GC, like US Citizens talk about their Healthcare problem.It is not the same.We do not have the same right.:rolleyes:

I am not saying dont do anything.do it in more contemporary ways like lobbying the congress etc. Stop this nonsense about gandhigiri and satyagraha. we are deviating from the principles and strategies on which IV was founded.Raise money to lobby congress.dont spend it on stupid filmy stuff.It only works in films.

sledge_hammer
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
http://www.immigration-law.com/

07/10/2007: Response of USCIS Director to Visa Bulletin Fiasco Related Flower Campaign

We reported yesterday that foreign professionals have been sending flowers to the heads of involved agencies with a message of protest for the ongoing visa bulletin fiasco. Dr. Emilio Gonzalez responded to such flower campaign in the USCIS site. The flower campaign appears to be a gesture from the community of foreign professionals to thaw out the tension created by the fiasco and at the same time calling the agency leaders' swift attention to the problem and sufferings of the foreign professionals and their family members. This camapaign has been initiated and pushed ahead by the immigrationinvoice.com group. Salute to the members of this group for the job well done.

crystal
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Dont post in hindi. Post in English only Hello folks P_KUMAR DESI NAHIN HAI..HOGA GORA KOOFIAA

amsgc
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
you are not getting the point.Its their country, they will prioritize fixing their problems and broken systems. They have much serious problems like war, healthcare to worry about. Immigratn visa is a privelege not a right. You guys talk about GC, like US Citizens talk about their Healthcare problem.It is not the same.We do not have the same right.:rolleyes:

I am not saying dont do anything.do it in more contemporary ways like lobbying the congress etc. Stop this nonsense about gandhigiri and satyagraha. we are deviating from the principles and strategies on which IV was founded.Raise money to lobby congress.dont spend it on stupid filmy stuff.It only works in films.

p_kumar,

Yes, people on this forum are investing time and energy in educating congressmen about our problems. They are also working on ingeneous ways of publicizing our issues through the media. Every effort that we are making is directed towards giving publicity to our issue. You are certainly welcome to share more ideas that gets attention. Asking people to contribute seems to only work when there is a hot issue debated in the congress. So, you tell me, what are your ideas for raising money. We have also written to congressmen time and again, but no major news channel has actively pursued our problems. Now, what are your ideas to get our issue its due attention in the media?

It is easy to sit on your comfortable couch and rant and express contempt on what other people are doing. Tell me what you are doing besides scratching your balls? If you come back and tell me you contributed $$$, or contacted your local congressman, that is clearly not enough because you are still visiting this forum expecting/hoping/wishing for something.

amsgc
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM

GCchahat
07-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Have Darshan..

http://fpc.state.gov/63114.htm

augustus
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I am sorry to say this, but from the message that is put up on the website, it doesn't look like he is moved or even thankful or even showing any consideration to the plight of legal immigrants. Words like "individuals" and going to some hospital. They are not even going to read messages!!

Like everyone says " MEDIA COVERAGE" is only way toward a positive immigration support and getting our voices heard. Everything else will vanish in thin air. And when you speak of gandhigiri, I think instead of rebuking the USCIS with flowers - it would be better if people wrote more comforting words. Flowers are respect and compassion and when we write positive words, it will come back to us.

dtekkedil
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
No one expected USCIS to do anything about the visa issue. The main goal was to get media attention! Which we have!

More people know about IV than earlier. We can get to more people now! Granted we made a few errors with the flower campaign and we could have done it better but we still got our 15 seconds of fame! And we are going to use that leverage to go on to the next phase...

Rallies!

p_kumar
07-12-2007, 11:43 PM
wow! you guys would have lynched me if i said that in a meeting. Third world mentality or not?.:rolleyes:

BTW, I am also from third world and not from 5th Dimension.:D