PDA

View Full Version : What's Next:: Options

boston_gc
07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I am sure there are many guys in this forum as frustrated as I am and we all have been wondering what our other options are. I also know that lot of people have started to think very seriously about immigration to other countries.

Based on our current circumstances, I have been wondering if it will be worth making a collective effort. In other words, how about if wrote an open and collective letter to leaders of the other immigrant friendly countries about our interest in immigration to their country for the mutual economic and professional benefits. I know this sounds a little silly but if USA is not ready to recognize and appreciate the benefits of legal immigrant community then I am sure there will be several other countries willing to benefit from this situation and gain competitive excellence. After all, we are all professionals and we all have lot to offer to the economy of today's competitive world. I believe we deserve a little better than we got right now.

Any thoughts?

anreddy77
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I feel there is no better country than India in the long run..believe me!!!

hemanth22
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I feel there is no better country than India in the long run..believe me!!!

thats correct , india is booming right now and it will only go up
So i think that even if we succeed in getting the green card , we should always have one option to going back.

saimrathi
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I heard once you get your GC, you have to stay 6 months in US?

thats correct , india is booming right now and it will only go up
So i think that even if we succeed in getting the green card , we should always have one option to going back.

Saralayar
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree that India is booming up despite these corrupted politicians. But until the politics goes to the hands of real patriots, the growth rate will be less and may even turn back to poverty again and the politicians family will become the richest persons in Asia. This should change first then we can think about that option.:confused:

DDLMODES
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm not from India, can I come ???

:confused:

Munna Bhai
07-10-2007, 11:01 AM

Come to india, trust me you will enjoy the life...easy to get work visa.

TomPlate
07-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Bharat Mataji Jai Hind. Ok Machi but currently we are working for an American Company not for an Indian Company.

h1techSlave
07-10-2007, 11:12 AM
My opinion is that there is not much point in looking for a different country. Most of us have been in the US and have developed some kind of roots here already. So GC is needed and we deserve it.

If there is no GC in the horizon, pack up and go back. And like the guy in CA mentioned in the news article, none of us will be charming snakes in India.

Cheers,
h1techSlave

h1techSlave
07-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Actually coming to India on a work visa is relatively easy. If you are serious, you could apply for a job in many Indian IT companies or BPO companies. I have read many news articles that Indian companies want to hire non-Indians, so that they can respond to many cultures effectively.

As far as living conditions and such. If you can manage in Chicago/NY/DC area, you would not find it difficult to manage in Bombay/Bangalore/Delhi. Actually violent crimes in India is much lower than that of many areas in the US. You can send your kid to school in India and expect him/her NOT to get shot in school.

Cheers,
h1techSlave

GT7481
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes India, I totally second it. India as of now is a booming economy and will be in the future, we all are professionals educated if other economies can benefit why canít our own benefit from what we have. People all talk about corruption, corrupted politicians, red tape etc, why donít we take a step towards pushing it down, like once my friend said about putting a website that will expose all of them even a clerk who is corrupted can be captured on a mobile phone and posted on the site.. Just a thought and well being an immigrant means for some time in life you cant even vote(Voting is an important thing in democracy).I believe India will keep growing in the years to come and will be good option .I personally believe being a part of developing some thing even a country is great thing rather than sit on top of something thatís already developed by some oneÖJust a thought.;)

bin673
07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
did you guys see this ?
http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/2006/09/15/my-kingdom-for-a-movie-ticket/

chanduv23
07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
It appears to me that we should file all I-485 applications in July. Even if the advantage is illusory or marginal, it may be a good idea to file. If your application is ready to go, it should be filed. Regards. Rajiv.