PDA

View Full Version : Protest Rally Across the Nation

babu123
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Dear Friends,

How about doing a Protest Rally across the nation in their own Cities on this Saturday.
I heard Rally was done only in Sanjose.
If we do Rally across the Nation during this weekend in their respective cities, this would catch attention to Media and politicians.
I know for doing rally in their respective cities, lot of coordination is required.

I know lot of people filed in july and also not able to file because of VB. I am pretty confident that all these people will participate in the rally.

Any suggestions please welcome.

nixstor
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
If people really want to go out and get the main stream media attention, DC is the perfect choice. How ever,Don't plan on a weekend. If we do it right, we could be live on TV and the whole country will ask whats going on, along with the law makers. Instead of 25-50 members doing in one city, pool all those members from 10 cities to make it a signifcant number.That will offer a platform for solving the issue at its roots.If you really want to do this, Dont come up with reasons like I dont have time off for a day or I have a project due. I can understand if 1 or 2% of our active members say it, but when 98% of our active members say that I can understand what it is. May be its time we figure out whether we prefer anonymity and pontifical verbatim on the online forum to expressing our concern/disappointment openly. Do not get offended and start flaming me. Just my thoughts.

tikka
07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Think Ramus said that DC is planned for next friday..
trying to find out about routes and permits..

babu123
07-10-2007, 09:12 PM
ok. A huge rally in DC also looks good. I am concerned how many people will turn up from various places to DC.
As I am in DC, I can make it 100% for Sure.
Lets make the rally at DC a huge success.
Lets make a voting schedule how many will participate in the rally before going into it. We should have atleast 1000 people in the rally.
At the end of the rally we need to submit Memorandum to the concern officials, if possible even to white house office :-)

tikka
07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
ok. A huge rally in DC also looks good. I am concerned how many people will turn up from various places to DC.
Lets make a voting schedule how many will participate in the rally before going into it. We should have atleast 1000 people in the rally.
At the end of the rally we need to submit Memorandum to the concern officials, if possible even to white house office :-)

please check

tikka
07-10-2007, 09:20 PM

we need help with permits...
since you are in DC can you check please..

babu123
07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I can look into this. Can one of you guys call me, we will discuss on this. Thanks