PDA

View Full Version : I-485/Marriage/H1B/H4/EAD ?

senthil
05-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Just trying to see if folks have any suggestions or someone on same boat.

I got married after my I-485 was filed, but still continuing on my H1B since my spouse is with me on H-4. I have to keep extending my H1B to keep her H4 valid. So even though I have EAD,i could not use it right now. My priority date being current may a long way .... ( but who knows )

anyways these are the ones that i wanted to ask ...

1) Is there anything I have to do to notify, INS informing that im married and there is a dependant to be added to my application?

2) Also if by any chance my spouse gets a H1B and she takes up a job in US, what is the procedure to add her as my dependant once my priority data is current? Has she to be on H4 ? or can file even though she is on H1B, since i have required supporting documents like marriage cert / photos etc

3) Lets say she finds a job in canada and assuming she works there and my priority date gets current. now whats the procedure.

I understand with all these retrogession stuff these days, we never know. but thought instead of paniking at the last moment, better ask now.

not urgent. pl reply at ur leisure. thanks in adv. sen.

eb3retro
05-13-2006, 12:45 PM

I got married after my I-485 was filed, but still continuing on my H1B since my spouse is with me on H-4. I have to keep extending my H1B to keep her H4 valid. So even though I have EAD,i could not use it right now. My priority date being current may a long way .... ( but who knows )

1) Is there anything I have to do to notify, INS informing that im married and there is a dependant to be added to my application?

2) Also if by any chance my spouse gets a H1B and she takes up a job in US, what is the procedure to add her as my dependant once my priority data is current? Has she to be on H4 ? or can file even though she is on H1B, since i have required supporting documents like marriage cert / photos etc

3) Lets say she finds a job in canada and assuming she works there and my priority date gets current. now whats the procedure.

I understand with all these retrogession stuff these days, we never know. but thought instead of paniking at the last moment, better ask now.

senthil, please dont mistake, this is not the right forum for your questins, please post it in the right forum.

legend123
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Senthil,
Did you get any answers fro your questions...i am in the same situation.

485_spouse
08-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Senthil,
Did you get any answers fro your questions...i am in the same situation.

I am in this situation since jan 2005 ....
there is nothing you cna do with 485 but you can have h1.
do not know about canada.

arnet
08-08-2006, 04:07 PM
hello senthil...

1. Ask your immigration attroney who filed your I-485 because constantly laws are changing.

2. check in www.immigrationportal.com forum threads for your questions.

3. also you can ask "free legal immigration advice provided by IV", check this thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1267

Hope it helps.
Good Luck!!!!