PDA

View Full Version : PERM process job ad question

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
My visa is valid until 2010 Dec and my employer has posted job posting for my green card process 60 days back. The last I heard from them was that they received 40 resume against my job posting and they were looking at these before going ahead and filing for my labor. So given this situation can someone share the possible outcomes?

- Will they not file for my labor if they find matching resume against my job posting?
- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately?

simple1
10-19-2009, 01:11 AM
The process.
* first find a "permanent job" that is public advertised (with external company or if possible with in existing company), attend interviews along with general public (usc, gc, h1b, l1b, e3, opt, asylum-ead, nafta-tn, L2-EAD, L1A, etc) and get selected.
* If the new permanent job is with new employer, Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and h1b/lca transfer. After successful h1b transfer, start working in new permanent job.
* If the new permanent job is with existing employer: Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and lca for existing h1b/l1b. Start working in new job immediately.

Summary: apply and win "permanent job" first. Rest of the steps will follow easily.

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 01:25 AM
removed

meridiani.planum
10-19-2009, 03:14 AM
* If the new permanent job is with existing employer: Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and lca for existing h1b/l1b. Start working in new job immediately.

** So what I understand from your suggestion is the fastest way to to PERM process if the current ad falls though is to apply for a other positions posted.

What is you take on number of resume received for the current ad? Is 40 a good number for my HR to deny going forward with the lca?

Thanks much

My HR & legal dept. had made it clear to me (& its also the law BTW) that a single qualified US citizen that is found for the job, ends the whole process. So all these resumes will need to be vetted (with the economy in a mess, people are applying to jobs even if they dont even remotely qualify, so dont lose heart), if any of them meets all the requirements, they would need to be contacted and interviewed to confirm. If they do fit the profile, then its end of the road for PERM on this job.

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Thanks.
So I believe its currently in the vetting process and I will keep my fingers crossed.

indyanguy
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
===============================================
Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
===============================================

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you mean, if there's a fake way to reject candidates, donot go that route.

Usually, resumes are rejected:
1. Initially in the screening process, they do not meet the criteria
2. In the phone interview, they fail to answer basic questions
3. In the tech interview, their skills desire more to be wanted
4. The candidate may reject due to low job offer, relocation etc

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for clarifying this. I now know why its taking > 2 weeks after the ad has been removed after completing the 60 day period.

indyanguy
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for clarifying this. I now know why its taking > 2 weeks after the ad has been removed after completing the 60 day period.

There's a cooling off period. Maybe other gurus can explain it with more info.

1. The ads are placed for 30 days
2. The ads are removed and during a 30 day period - the resumes that are received are analyzed, interviewed and a report is prepared.

Somewhere in that mix is placing the ad in the State agency and receiving the resumes from them (I am not sure when that happens)

You mentioned a 60 day period. I don't think it's necessary to have the ads up for 60 days.

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
So we had 30 day ad period and 30 day quite period.

simple1
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Troll Alert.
So we had 30 day ad period and 30 day quite period. But I received a mail from HR saying that they received 40 applications after the quite period was over and they are going to analyze the applications.

It looks like they did not do any analysis during the quite period.

May be some gurus can respond if this is normal or differs from case to case and doesn't matter.

smuggymba
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
.................and ronhira and simple1 have done their job for the day. Kudos.

Just click on simple1's profile and see how many troll alerts he issues. He himself is a troll of third grade.

These are simple PERM related confusion people have. Is raising a troll alert your aim in ur lowlife:):D

Troll Alert.

simple1
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
How come is this a simple confusion ?

There must be a job before you apply. principal/beneficiary cannot be even remotely involved in job advt and selection process. employer cannot give ad without the job. If qualified usc/gc is found then then the principal/beneficiary needs to be replaced with usc/gc.

However S/he seems to be thinking that is ok to do the reverse. Troll comes in various forms. one of them is to taint the forums with Fake examples of non-compliance.

smuggymba,
Low life, not me. it is you. Why are you posting with multiple ids. Why are you defending fake examples of non-compliance ?

Readers,
I strongly urge everyone to read "smuggymba" earlier posts and responses. you will understand the true intent of individuals posting with multiple ids.

.................and ronhira and simple1 have done their job for the day. Kudos.

Just click on simple1's profile and see how many troll alerts he issues. He himself is a troll of third grade.

These are simple PERM related confusion people have. Is raising a troll alert your aim in ur lowlife:):D

weasley
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I do not blame simple1 in this case. Escpecially if you see OP's below questions:

"- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately? "

1. Anti-immigrants always blame that the companies/EB immigrants are abusing the Labor/PERM Process by simply rejecting the USC candidates by hook or crook. OP may not know that. But still his questions are to find ways to abuse the system.

2. Anti immigrants come and post questions like these and provide the link in their website
and blame IV for providing illegal ways to reject USC Candidates.

OPs questions may be genuine and he may not be an anti. He is very new to the forum. That also makes suspicious. But it is always better to avoid this kind of fishy discussions in a public forum.

yetanotherguyinline
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I do not blame simple1 in this case. Escpecially if you see OP's below questions:

"- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately? "

1. Anti-immigrants always blame that the companies/EB immigrants are abusing the Labor/PERM Process by simply rejecting the USC candidates by hook or crook. OP may not know that. But still his questions are to find ways to abuse the system.

2. Anti immigrants come and post questions like these and provide the link in their website
and blame IV for providing illegal ways to reject USC Candidates.

OPs questions may be genuine and he may not be an anti. He is very new to the forum. That also makes suspicious. But it is always better to avoid this kind of fishy discussions in a public forum.

Adding to that, we (as in IVians) are law abiding group of people and should probably not even respond to these type of posts.

bobbypavan
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes I am new to this forum and I am acting to the troll alerts as these make sense.

smuggymba
10-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree with simple1 for once on this post. The OP is asking how to bypass the received resumes which is illegal and we don't support it.

But, simple1, the problem is that whenever I see your post it's always a troll alert. I have never seen you answering questions and helping others. Kuch to contribute kar yaar ya sirf troll alert issue karne ke liye ID banaya hai?

simple1
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Kuch to contribute kar yaar ya sirf troll alert issue karne ke liye ID banaya hai?

Incorrect. Pls. Scroll up to the top of the thread. I was the first to answer the question with clear process used in perm. Even after that the OP is back into non compliance ring. a clear sign of anti.

karlski2010
09-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi,

While Bobby may not have gotten back to us about the results of his petition, I can say that consulting an AILA Lawyer (http://www.aila.org) might actually be very helpful. Also, 40 resumes isn't that bad, it's not a small amount, but still not the end of the world.

It really depends on the job ad text and educational requirements laid out in the perm legal ad filing, e.g. the newspaper, & whatever else he or anyone did for recruitment. If the job ad text was too vague, then you might have cause to worry. It's an opportunity to reject the case from the Dept. Of Labor PERM Certifying Officer's (http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/perm.cfm) point of view.

If it was highly specific to Bobby's (or in this case anyone else) credentials then you have a much stronger hand.

Often a PERM recruitment advertising agency (http://www.perm-ads.com/services.php) is a good option, because you can have the ad vetted from hundreds of ads the agency already placed. They will know which ones got rejected and be able to consult a small amount on the issue at the time of the ad placement.

So one point is to always make sure to have very very exact job requirements, including educational ones. But don't try and use foreign language requirements.

As for people trying to debate about the process, it's a political issue no matter where you live in the world. Anyone going abroad for anything longer than 3 months will learn the lesson that it's better to be fair and equitable toward newcomers, after they themselves are subjected to scrutiny and almost always denied basic rights we all know are fair and just.

It's hard enough to get basic information, but when it comes to the law here in the US, my point about retaining an AILA lawyer is because opinions on either side are moot. The law is the law. Get represented by someone who knows it well, and is part of a respected legal association/community.

This seems like a useful forum, I hope to read and learn more. :)