PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Attorney

Openarms
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Just looking for a reasonable (in terms of fees) good attorney to start Green Card process in and around Washington D.C Metro area. Can somebody share their experience. I would really appreciate.

va_dude
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
You could look into murthy.com (sheela murthy & her associates)

They are up in Maryland i believe and from what i hear are good.

Sreeshankar
10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Just looking for a reasonable (in terms of fees) good attorney to start Green Card process in and around Washington D.C Metro area. Can somebody share their experience. I would really appreciate.

Many of my friends and I have used services of High Tech Immigration law group, Reston, VA, in the DC metro region. Their Ph: (202) 628-9250.
They are very professional and prompt to respond to your requests for information and the Attorneys really talk with you, help you understand the process and they are very human and understanding and do NOT fleece you by the minute or hour. They are very respectful, very considerate and not greedy.They also help with some charity institutions also which they often do it free of cost out of human compassion. I found them to be a rare breed, who are indeed very much Blessed enough to win many hearts and souls.
Note: I am not an advertising agent for the above said office, and I do not have any personal interest nor gain, in promoting any law offices. I am just answering a question, based on my knowledge and experiences.

Openarms
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
looking for good attorney who can help porting from EB3 to EB2.. does anybody knows an attorney that did in the past or worked with you?

gc_on_demand
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
If you find a employer who has opening which can qualify you under Eb2 then you can apply for EB2. Once labor and I 140 get approved and if your I 485 pending lawyer can send a letter to USCIS to port dates. Only thing is you need to call USCIS and make sure that they use later PD in application. I think porting process doesn't need any form to fill out. Its formal request to USCIS to use later PD.

saro28
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I would suggest Kidambi Associates. I personally have 2 cases with the attorney. Happy with their service and response time

pappu
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
A licensed attorney from anywhere in USA can take up cases from any state in the USA. So why are you restricting to your local lawyers only. You can have better choices if you select nationally. Read our past threads and recent blogfeeds for more information.

addsf345
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
A licensed attorney from anywhere in USA can take up cases from any state in the USA. So why are you restricting to your local lawyers only. You can have better choices if you select nationally. Read our past threads and recent blogfeeds for more information.

one of the past thread I started last year: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum72-ac21-portability-after-180-days-of-485-filing/22261-long-term-client-of-attorney-ron-gotcher.html

I read somewhere that : Since immigration is related with federal (and not just limited with a certain state) it can be handled by any attorney from anywhere in USA. For me biggest thing would be 'responsiveness' and ability to email/phone to my lawyer right away when I have a question. Skills & Cost would be a second priority, but still importat. It is a good idea to ask friends, co-workers and family for suggestion and experience. Wish you good luck.

pappu
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Immigrationvoice also has a panel of around 15 lawyers who answer our members questions for free in the 'Ask a lawyer for free' forum. Some of these lawyers are highly reputed lawyers in the industry and help Immigration Voice efforts. You can look at those lawyers too.

Openarms
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes, I am trying to reach reasonable (in terms of fees) lawyer ...No restrictions for location. How do I get our Attorney panel list though? I would like to contact with them.

bobbypavan
10-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi, I unfortunately work for a large company (something like fortune 500) and they have their lawyers which I am not sure are doing a great job. Can I have my own lawyer to represent my case? If so what should I do to make this happen?

Thanks