PDA

View Full Version : Is There No Hope For EB3?

CaveMan232
10-22-2009, 01:28 AM
The future appears bleak and depressing considering the recent FOIA numbers which put EB3 GC wait times at approximately 8-10 years. Is there no hope at all? :(

immigrant2007
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
The future appears bleak and depressing considering the recent FOIA numbers which put EB3 GC wait times at approximately 8-10 years. Is there no hope at all? :(

There is no hope at all especially when our priorities are so misplaced. Just see how many members even post to any meaningful thread and whenever there is any meanigful thread people are out there to make every effort to derail it using cheap tactics.

sandy_anand
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Not unless there is visa recapture of some kind or increased quota through CIR...sad but true! :mad:

Administrator2
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Please do not lose heart. We are working behind the scenes to get things moving. Nothing will happen just for EB3. Things will happen for everybody together. Don't ever let anyone fool you saying that something will happen only for EB3-I or EB2-ROW. Because no matter how much we want, things don't work like that. Everything will get done tother for all categories. We are causiously optimistic about the bill in Jan-2010. Hang tight and please actively participate in the action items.

sandy_anand
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Admin, thanks for the encouraging words. Keeping our fingers crossed...

KabAyegaMeraGc
10-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Admin2 - thank u much for your motivation. I do understand IV is doing great work but if you can shed some light on whats going on behind the scenes, it you really help me decide on many things. One of the thing, my lawyer is recommending is to initiate porting to EB-2 which I understand may take anywhere around 18 mnths if all goes well...

claudia255
10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Admin2.

minimalist
10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Admin2 - thank u much for your motivation. I do understand IV is doing great work but if you can shed some light on whats going on behind the scenes, it you really help me decide on many things. One of the thing, my lawyer is recommending is to initiate porting to EB-2 which I understand may take anywhere around 18 mnths if all goes well...
If they can be shared with everyone, I am sure they would. But, if I were you and have an option to port to EB2, I 'd probably do that.
If porting going to cost you,you may want to wait till Jan , which is only 3 months away.

bhavscreen
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
All we can do id hope...

waitingimmigrant
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words Admin. We must unite in this journey together.
God bless everyone !

abhishek101
10-22-2009, 06:29 PM
let's hope we see something, after 10 years in the GC process I am still 5 years off :( .

good idea
10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
If they can be shared with everyone, I am sure they would. But, if I were you and have an option to port to EB2, I 'd probably do that.
If porting going to cost you,you may want to wait till Jan , which is only 3 months away.
As per current situation for EB3 I, without spill over reaching to EB3, its difficult to have hope that something good can happen until something like visa recapture HR 5882 happens. So, there is nothing to loose to wait till Jan 2010 & believing that IV Admin & Seniors are have plans to initiate or have already initiated something.
I googled for 'Immigration bill in Jan 2010', and got News for Immigration bill (http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE5765Y420090807), if that is what Admin has referred in his post; (my words can put me in bad list of admin), but still I would say that Admin is very (over) optimistic, If I am not wrong but that's elections year and in other posts IV members have different views about response to this bill in election year.
My GC is just stared, and PD for EB3 I is 2001, I am 8-9 years behind and GC PD calculator of IV shows my PD to be current in 2032 , so may be I am over pessimistic.

nc14
10-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Please give your fair share folks (volunteer for time or your contribution). If nothing else become a monthly contributor so that IV can pursue our objectives with one less thing to worry about. Every individual matters, get yourself counted by not just posting but contributing for your only chance to get out of this mess.

CaveMan232
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Dear Admin, sincerely appreciate your encouraging words. 10+ Yrs in the country and another 10 yrs to go before seeing the light appears to be highly depressing considering current economic uncertainities.
If it wasn't for the patch up by Immigration dept in 2007, this country would have seen Indians forced to head back home by the 10000's. And those that were fortunate enough to retain jobs or move on to new ones by porting AC-21 are forced to stay in the SAME role with no relief coming from the Govt for AC-21 which would then allow them to get promoted or recognized for their hardwork. Imagine the shock my boss had when I had to refuse promotion as that would jeopardize my GC(expected to be approved in the next 10 years)? And if that doesn't bother you enough, then once every 2 years(thankfully EAD is now valid for 2 yrs), you start fasting and praying that your EAD gets renewed without issues. You get the drift now, don't you?
And that is not to say I do not acknowledge the efforts your team has been putting in. I, along with the many 1000's, truly appreciate the selfless and noble efforts your team has been constantly putting in to bring about bigger changes. THANK YOU!!

amitjoey
10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
The only people that know what we are going through and how much we have had to suffer becos of this backlog is us (the same people). Unless we open our mouth outside the IV Forum, talk to our congressmen/women, how can we expect relief?