PDA

View Full Version : Your case is on hold because your appear to be inadmissible under the current law

nrk
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I am EB2 I with a priority date of April 2006 (Direct labor applied and approved from employer A, I 140 applied and approved from Employer A, Filed 485 from Employer A itself)

Moved to Employer B using EAD in 2009 January. (Almost after 18 months after getting EAD)

10/15/2009 i called the TSC and asked the representative to know whether my case is pre approved or not. the representative told me that he does not have any of that data and opening a SR will let us know. i opened one SR on the same day.

I got a mail just now, with the following text in it.

"The status of your request is

Your case is on hold because your appear to be inadmissible under the current law

Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are placing your case on hold while the Department of Homeland security considers additional exercises of the security of Homeland security discretionary exemption authority.

Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve the case."

What does this mean, any one has some idea about it.

shree772000
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe your I140 was withdrawn by the company A.

LostInGCProcess
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I am EB2 I with a priority date of April 2006 (Direct labor applied and approved from employer A, I 140 applied and approved from Employer A, Filed 485 from Employer A itself)

Moved to Employer B using EAD in 2009 January. (Almost after 18 months after getting EAD)

10/15/2009 i called the TSC and asked the representative to know whether my case is pre approved or not. the representative told me that he does not have any of that data and opening a SR will let us know. i opened one SR on the same day.

Your case is on hold because your appear to be inadmissible under the current law

Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are placing your case on hold while the Department of Homeland security considers additional exercises of the security of Homeland security discretionary exemption authority.

Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve the case."

This is very strange. However, I would like to know the reason that prompted you to inquire about your case status. What was the status that was showing on-line? Is it "application received and pending", the same usual statement?

nrk
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
My online status shows

On September 26, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This is very strange. However, I would like to know the reason that prompted you to inquire about your case status. What was the status that was showing on-line? Is it "application received and pending", the same usual statement?

LostInGCProcess
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
My online status shows

On September 26, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is it just out of curiosity you inquired about your pending 485?

Do you have a good relationship with your former employer? If so, you can ask them and verify if they withdrew your I-140...in any case that should not matter as long as you have passed the 6 months period after applying I-485.

nrk
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I just talked company A HR, my name one not among the withdrawn list, But he will look into that and let me know tomorrow.

Maybe your I140 was withdrawn by the company A.

nrk
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I wanted to find about pre approved or pre adjudicated case, We have been hearing the same more often in the forum, so out of curiosity i opened a Service Request.

I kind of have a good relation ship with the former employer, worked with them for 4 years. I just called my company HR and he said he does not know my name is on withdrawn list but he will check the list and let me know tomorrow.

Is it just out of curiosity you inquired about your pending 485?

Do you have a good relationship with your former employer? If so, you can ask them and verify if they withdrew your I-140...in any case that should not matter as long as you have passed the 6 months period after applying I-485.

nrk
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi i just checked my 140 online status is shows,

"On August 30, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly."

red200
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
NRK,

Did you get any high level traffic citations any time ?
Mostly they dont matter unless its high level

If I-140 is revoked , i believe the message should be some thing different

thanks

desitechie
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
I wanted to find about pre approved or pre adjudicated case, We have been hearing the same more often in the forum, so out of curiosity i opened a Service Request.

I kind of have a good relation ship with the former employer, worked with them for 4 years. I just called my company HR and he said he does not know my name is on withdrawn list but he will check the list and let me know tomorrow.

Take an infopass appt ASAP.

The officer in the local USCIS office will be able to give more details about your case.

nrk
10-26-2009, 11:48 PM
HI i got my traffic citation this August 15th 2009. That too driving 35 mph in a 30 mph zone, 5 miles over the speed limit and i paid a fine of 125$ plus a 1 point to DMV history. That is the only citation i have till now.

NRK,

Did you get any high level traffic citations any time ?
Mostly they dont matter unless its high level

If I-140 is revoked , i believe the message should be some thing different

thanks

nrk
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks i will talk to the attorney tomorrow and take an info pass accordingly.

Take an infopass appt ASAP.

The officer in the local USCIS office will be able to give more details about your case.

red200
10-27-2009, 12:01 AM
there should not be a issue

number30
10-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi i just checked my 140 online status is shows,

"On August 30, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly."

But why are they sending it to DOS unless you file for Consular processing?

nrk
10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Sending it to DOS would be a problem ??

But why are they sending it to DOS unless you file for Consular processing?

chi_shark
10-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Have you ever been illegal?

Hi Guys,

ronhira
10-27-2009, 01:04 AM
as per the info u provided u'r...... mail dt is 8/17/07 & receipt dt is 9/26/07...... did u'r application reach cis after july visa bulletin..... if yes, then it appears that with u'r april-06 dt. the priority dt was not current when they received u'r app .... is that a possibility.....

swamy
10-27-2009, 01:15 AM
as per the info u provided u'r...... mail dt is 8/17/07 & receipt dt is 9/26/07...... did u'r application reach cis after july visa bulletin..... if yes, then it appears that with u'r april-06 dt. the priority dt was not current when they received u'r app .... is that a possibility.....
even if thats the case they cant go back after more than 2 years ...they simply cant decide after two years if something wasnt filed in time - even by uscis' horrible standards that'd be a new low

nrk
10-27-2009, 09:48 AM
landed in US with h1b visa, moved another job using EAD. never been out of status

Have you ever been illegal?

nrk
10-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry there was a typo in the application mailed in date it is 8/7/2007 and notice date is 9/26/2007.

nrk
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi I just talked to customer service representative, she said that It is either due to a security check or Department of Homeland security trying out different exercises before approving the case. So Please wait for some more time and give a check. when the applications went to security check, the similar kind of response you will get. If your case falls under a specific section we will put the section in that.
If you need more information or you are worried please take an info pass otherwise please check back with us later.

saileshdude
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
nrk,

I see various possibilities. Best bet would be to take Infopass soon and find out.

1) DHS trying some new exercises which are completely new. I thought we had seen it all but this is a new one.

2) Do you have any case against you (ciminal or civil) in your home country?

3) Did you have any unlawful status of more than 6 months during your presence in US.

4) Do you have any case pending here?

5) Did you, in past, provide any fake documentation or info pertaining to any benefit you were seeking?

These are just few things that may cause this.

Do update us what you find out after Infopass.

nrk
10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi Saileshdude,

Here are my responses

I see various possibilities. Best bet would be to take Infopass soon and find out.

1) DHS trying some new exercises which are completely new. I thought we had seen it all but this is a new one.
Ans: No idea o this.

Ans: Never been to a police station here or any where (I mean to say no cases at all)

3) Did you have any unlawful status of more than 6 months during your presence in US.
Ans: Never
Ans: No
5) Did you, in past, provide any fake documentation or info pertaining to any benefit you were seeking?
Ans: No.

Apart from this i have seen 3 cases in .com today all the cases were files a service request in TSC either on 10/14/2009 or 10/15/2009 resulted the same status.

nrk,

These are just few things that may cause this.

Do update us what you find out after Infopass.

number30
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi I just talked to customer service representative, she said that It is either due to a security check or Department of Homeland security trying out different exercises before approving the case. So Please wait for some more time and give a check. when the applications went to security check, the similar kind of response you will get. If your case falls under a specific section we will put the section in that.
If you need more information or you are worried please take an info pass otherwise please check back with us later.

The only thing that came to my mind is regarding verification of degree certificates or experience letters mentioned on your Biographic Information form. Go to Local office and check.

psk79
10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
The service request is usually a waste of time. They will send a generic response to everyone when case is pending w/o visa numbers. I and almost all of my friends received a response that additional information was needed for processing your case and hence additional delay blah blah.. I think this guy just decided to use security message for your responses. I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to really check this, you can definitely make an appointment at local office and talk to the IO there. But it was even a bigger waste of time in my case. The IO at local office looked at his system/systems and told me that if it is a green card application its faster(just another month or so) and if it is a h visa there is a few month delay:confused: Go figure..

nrk
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks, I have an info pass appointment will find out and let you know.

The service request is usually a waste of time. They will send a generic response to everyone when case is pending w/o visa numbers. I and almost all of my friends received a response that additional information was needed for processing your case and hence additional delay blah blah.. I think this guy just decided to use security message for your responses. I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to really check this, you can definitely make an appointment at local office and talk to the IO there. But it was even a bigger waste of time in my case. The IO at local office looked at his system/systems and told me that if it is a green card application its faster(just another month or so) and if it is a h visa there is a few month delay:confused: Go figure..

nrk
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I have taken info pass appointment and will update the status here

Don't worry. Most likely, it is USCIS error. Check why after 140 approval, they sent to DOS while you are in Adjust of Status? May be USCIS entered wrong in system and creating issue.
I would take INFOPASS and contact local Congressman.
Good luck !!!

nrk
10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Is it a good idea to carry all my degree/masters certificates plus experience certificates along with that.

The only thing that came to my mind is regarding verification of degree certificates or experience letters mentioned on your Biographic Information form. Go to Local office and check.

nrk
10-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Please let me know what are the things to carry for info pass appointment.

Thanks in advance

nrk
10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I followed up two more cases with the same status as mine,

All the 3 SR's opened in TSC on 10/14/2009 or 10/15/2009 and answered by the same representative.

Today one of them took an info pass and talked to IO. they said the information could be wrong as they don't see any status like that. and one more thing their case is pre approved.

rb_248
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
NRK,

Did you visit any country that might have triggered this?

Have you ever faced any issues with your last name being on no fly list?

You have pretty much answered no to most of the questions asked by other posters. If the answers to the above questions are no too, then it must be USCIS error.

nrk
10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks rb,

I worked in Kuwait and visited Bahrain, Dubai. Does any of the countries were in that list.

No

Regards,
NRK

NRK,

You have pretty much answered no to most of the questions asked by other posters. If the answers to the above questions are no too, then it must be USCIS error.

nrk
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply
I don't have a muslim name. I am a Hindu so as my name.
Dubai, Bahrain i went there for project implementations. kuwait was my office place and i traveled those places for work.

But all those 3 countries are allies with US, people often consider Kuwait as US 53rd state. By any chance can we see that exempted countries list.

Maybe this is triggering delays but it should be ok.. do you have a muslim name? It may be that processing is slightly slower for muslims who have spent time in the middle-east.. it is a good idea to avoid travelling to places like Dubai etc - I know people get questioned more when they arrive from these places to the US.

mnq1979
10-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reply
I don't have a muslim name. I am a Hindu so as my name.
Dubai, Bahrain i went there for project implementations. kuwait was my office place and i traveled those places for work.

But all those 3 countries are allies with US, people often consider Kuwait as US 53rd state. By any chance can we see that exempted countries list.

when is ur info pass appointment?

nrk
10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
My info pass appointment is tomorrow.

when is ur info pass appointment?

nrk
10-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Just came back from Info pass appointment.

The officer told me that they haven't seen any thing wrong in the system.
Further he told in both of our cases the back ground check is completed and cases are "pre-adjudicated" (i don't know what does it mean)

Then i have asked him why the letter says "not admissible under the current law"

He said, there might be a very minor details the officer needs to clarify or send it to his superior for review. Further more he said he does not have the physical file in his hand right now if you want i will request for the file and look into that. I asked him what do you suggest on this, he said wait for some more time as i don't see any problems in your case. If i order the file your case will be taken out for nearly two months from the queue.

rb_248
10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Just came back from Info pass appointment.

The officer told me that they haven't seen any thing wrong in the system.
Further he told in both of our cases the back ground check is completed and cases are "pre-adjudicated" (i don't know what does it mean)

Then i have asked him why the letter says "not admissible under the current law"

He said, there might be a very minor details the officer needs to clarify or send it to his superior for review. Further more he said he does not have the physical file in his hand right now if you want i will request for the file and look into that. I asked him what do you suggest on this, he said wait for some more time as i don't see any problems in your case. If i order the file your case will be taken out for nearly two months from the queue.

That sounds like good news. You must be relieved.

nrk
10-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah rb_248, relieved now.

That sounds like good news. You must be relieved.

ca_immigrant
10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
what an unnecessary hassle.....good that all is ok for your case !!

nrk
10-30-2009, 10:05 PM
It is an unnecessary hassle for me, I shouldn't have opened the SR in the first instance

what an unnecessary hassle.....good that all is ok for your case !!

supu
10-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Can anyone please tell , What is a Service Request ?
I know about infopass and the call center telephone number.

nrk
10-31-2009, 10:22 AM
When you make a call to the call center and find out some details which they don't know, they will open a service request for you. Some one apart from the call center people will reply to that service request. You will be receiving a response in mail.

Can anyone please tell , What is a Service Request ?
I know about infopass and the call center telephone number.

chanduv23
10-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Folks, don't beat ur head on this.
OP - as long as you followed all laws and everything is perfect with you, don't worry.

Almost all the AC21 denials that I am aware of have been successfully reversed if you think that is the case.

Do not expect any valuble information from USCIS when your date is not current.

They can give the following if you go for infopass : name check issues, address change issues, FP issues, (if u r lucky they might tell u that it is preadjudicated) etc...

As an alternate you may want to contact the Ombudsman and explain in detail about your thoughts on this cryptic letter and request for "proper information"

As another alternative - contact your law maker. Go to your congressman's office and show the cryptic letter. Tell them you are concerned, you have family and followed all rules properly and curious to know if there is anything wrong that is going on that you might not be aware of and would like to correct it.

A proper response will give you peace of mind.

nrk
10-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info,

how to contact Ombudsman

Folks, don't beat ur head on this.
OP - as long as you followed all laws and everything is perfect with you, don't worry.

Almost all the AC21 denials that I am aware of have been successfully reversed if you think that is the case.

Do not expect any valuble information from USCIS when your date is not current.

They can give the following if you go for infopass : name check issues, address change issues, FP issues, (if u r lucky they might tell u that it is preadjudicated) etc...

As an alternate you may want to contact the Ombudsman and explain in detail about your thoughts on this cryptic letter and request for "proper information"

As another alternative - contact your law maker. Go to your congressman's office and show the cryptic letter. Tell them you are concerned, you have family and followed all rules properly and curious to know if there is anything wrong that is going on that you might not be aware of and would like to correct it.

A proper response will give you peace of mind.

chanduv23
11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info,

how to contact Ombudsman

Google DHS USCIS ombudsman and you will find a link to form 7001

nrk
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the information

Google DHS USCIS ombudsman and you will find a link to form 7001

Shirdibaba
11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi, we have approved EAD and I 485 Pending.When called to find about the case they send the leter which says---
The status of the service request is: ur case is on holf becoz u appear 2 b inadmissible under the current law.Rather than denying ur application based on inadmissibilty,we r placing ur case on hold while the dept of homeland sec considers additional xcercise of the Sec of Homeland security's discretionary xemption authority.Such an xcercise of xemption might allow us to approve ur case"........................PLS ADVICE .What happend to ur case?What did ur lawyer advice.I have taken an appt. wt my lawyer but he is out of town and seems it will take sometime...

nrk
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Shirdibaba,

Can you copy and paste the exact letter, i mean to ask the exact letter means does it contain any agent id.

1. Did you opened any SR in TSC around 10/14 or 10/15, We have a group of people who had the same problem in TSC during those days. all the letters replied by the same agent.

2. Find out from attorney if he charges any fee for this. If so please don't go with him.
take an info pass and find out the details.
This is the best way to find out. (As i told you the group of people got the same response, most of them took info pass and found that nothing wrong in their case)

Nothing to worry, most of the cases it might be a mistake by the agent. or in some cases it is pending for minor verification.

Hi, we have approved EAD and I 485 Pending.When called to find about the case they send the leter which says---
The status of the service request is: ur case is on holf becoz u appear 2 b inadmissible under the current law.Rather than denying ur application based on inadmissibilty,we r placing ur case on hold while the dept of homeland sec considers additional xcercise of the Sec of Homeland security's discretionary xemption authority.Such an xcercise of xemption might allow us to approve ur case"........................PLS ADVICE .What happend to ur case?What did ur lawyer advice.I have taken an appt. wt my lawyer but he is out of town and seems it will take sometime...

number30
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Shirdibaba,

Can you copy and paste the exact letter, i mean to ask the exact letter means does it contain any agent id.

1. Did you opened any SR in TSC around 10/14 or 10/15, We have a group of people who had the same problem in TSC during those days. all the letters replied by the same agent.

2. Find out from attorney if he charges any fee for this. If so please don't go with him.
take an info pass and find out the details.
This is the best way to find out. (As i told you the group of people got the same response, most of them took info pass and found that nothing wrong in their case)

Nothing to worry, most of the cases it might be a mistake by the agent. or in some cases it is pending for minor verification.

This is my guess.
Since Visa number is not available USCIS is using the term "Inadmissible at this time" That means simply not approvable because PD is not current.

When we got our green cards they use to stamp the passport with seal "Admitted on "

Shirdibaba
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes,it was 10/15 when we called the center.
the agent id is XM0161
Is the ID same for all?
I am trying to get the appt wt infopass through my lawyer.Hope he will not have to accompany us then.
ALSO Guys, what are the docs u took for the appt wt the officer?
Was there any specific questions?

thanx again.we were so worried all this while.till i read ur thread.

Shirdibaba
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
hello NrK,
I was waiting to hear back frm u.
Is the agent id matches yours and others?
How quick did u get the Appointment wt Infopass?
I still am waiting to hear back from our lawyer.Its taking for ever
and we r worried.

Thanx,
Shirdibaba

Shirdibaba
11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hello nrk and others,
Did the agent Id match urs?
How soon did u get the appointment wt the Infopass aftre getting the letter?
Im still waiting to hear back frm our lawyer.
thnx

nrk
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi,

It is the same agent id for all of us.

I got my infopass with in 3 days. You don't need an attorneys presence in info pass.
If you go there with 2 forms of id , plus the 485 notices that is fine.

Things to ask

1. back ground check is cleared or not
2. pre adjudicated
3. Is there any other thing holding up your case.

Probably we have to give a complaint against the agent id, what ever the cases went up him he is giving the same message.

Shirdibaba
11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Thakyou Nrk,
what do u mean by preadjudicated?
I cudnt wait nomore hence took an appt wt infopass for Nov 10th.
Hope all goes well.
U bet i would b ready to follow others, coz its gotten me all the worries in the recent past like never before.

Thnx again.SB

nrk
11-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I believe pre adjudicated means, most of the processing is done, and waiting for the visa number availability.

Nothing will happen for you on the info pass, hopefully you will come back with a good news.

please update us after the info pass.

Also if you could update your profile (priority date etc) it would be good for the people who are following this thread.

Thakyou Nrk,
what do u mean by preadjudicated?
I cudnt wait nomore hence took an appt wt infopass for Nov 10th.
Hope all goes well.
U bet i would b ready to follow others, coz its gotten me all the worries in the recent past like never before.

Thnx again.SB

Shirdibaba
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi folks,
We had the appt wt infopass the other day.I guess it was just like others,some kinda error and that happened opening the SR wt TSC.They said our case is preadjudicated.and said we may want to check on the case by making an appt wt the center but maybe NOT calling and opening a service request.What a waste of time n energy, all the agony we had to go through!!

NOW guys i have some other issue/question to ask u all.
After the EAD is approved do u necessarily have to be working for the same employer who sponsored for you? Ours is like future appointment.The USCIS wanted some docs from us this June re the appontment/work related.And yesterday when we asked that officer she said our case is preadjuticated as of Oct 2009.So far we have taken couple of paychecks frm the sponsoring company.But then we have our own small business also that has kept us going.And we were thinking of taking more paychecks after the GC is approved.Does that make sense to you guys? or are we at fault?
PLS Suggest??

nrk
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Congrats,

The first part is cleared out for you.

I don't have enough experience to comment on the other issue.

All the best

Hi folks,
We had the appt wt infopass the other day.I guess it was just like others,some kinda error and that happened opening the SR wt TSC.They said our case is preadjudicated.and said we may want to check on the case by making an appt wt the center but maybe NOT calling and opening a service request.What a waste of time n energy, all the agony we had to go through!!

NOW guys i have some other issue/question to ask u all.
After the EAD is approved do u necessarily have to be working for the same employer who sponsored for you? Ours is like future appointment.The USCIS wanted some docs from us this June re the appontment/work related.And yesterday when we asked that officer she said our case is preadjuticated as of Oct 2009.So far we have taken couple of paychecks frm the sponsoring company.But then we have our own small business also that has kept us going.And we were thinking of taking more paychecks after the GC is approved.Does that make sense to you guys? or are we at fault?
PLS Suggest??