Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Starting and Doing Business in USA
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Individual consulting - self employment options

Hi Folks,

I recently got my green card and am trying to collect some information about self-employment. I am a software consultant & have been working for a middle man for 8 yrs now mainly doing consulting work via corp-2-corp. Now i want to become independent and cut inbetween layers and try to work either directly for a end client or for the middle men.

I was thinking about working on 1099 & create a company where I am the only person working.

Can you please share the pro's and cons of this. How does the employer tax part of it work?

If i work for a company, since I have a green card, if there is down time during consulting I can claim unemployment benefit, but If i start my own company and do consulting through that, then there is no concept of unemployment - am i right?

Please share your experiences.

And where to start to find out how to start my own company.

Any links or book recommendations, please suggest.

Thanks
Dreamer.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baabuu is on a distinguished road

Hi, You posted this back in Feb. Any updates yet? some basic info about 1099, W2, Corp-to-Corp here: Consultants: W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp? | BizTaxTalk
What is a 1099 Contractor?

This one is a detailed article about 1099 in IT: Raible Designs | How do you become an independent consultant and get contracts?

I'm exploring these options too. Keep me posted. Good Luck!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayusan4 is on a distinguished road

Hi, whatever you think is great and i don't have such experience but if you have more confidence about your work then you can able to do it.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
davidboon912 is on a distinguished road
Default Empoyment Options

Hey man i think this is not a good idea. If you want to start your own business you should look to start your career online like you can use ODesk and start your career as a free lancer. I was also working in a law firm but now i have started by own business in which i help people who are having stepparent adoption
issues. I started this business because i like this field and have got a lot of knowledge in this field so you should look into urself and find in which you have knowledge and then just do it....

Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MyVoice719 is on a distinguished road

I think that the best way to start is from a Freelancing website. This way you can build a clientèle which can sometimes be hard.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
melissagold912 is on a distinguished road

There are another options too for self employment like if you have heard about Forever Living Products you can now became a distributor of forever living and can earn money from home. This is best i have found especially for home women who can't work outside. I have found this one of the best legitimate work from home which you can do and increase your earnings. hope this will help you to get going..

Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
matthug912 is on a distinguished road

I would like to say that you should do one thing you need to clear your mind. and just go for what you wanted don't make it so confused....

Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
miciallacy is on a distinguished road
Default By Far Quite Cheap Air Jordan Shoes

By far quite possibly the most commonly used Tennis concepts seems to obtain created some provide back again accompanied by a highly developed model. Obtain 2010 more affordable Nike Ecosystem trainers any time you're taking a look attentively around the internet. They've been greatly coveted to not mention referred to to the objective of privacy not to mention type. Nike are in all likelihood the more preferred labels from athletic trainers. They definitely have an unlimited wide range of sportswear not to mention shoe that is designed for various aims. You will need to explore the right running shoes for that objective of your respective exclusive athletics pursuits. You need to encompass the the ideal trainers, it once more trigger ankle not to point out bowl personal accidents, accumulate ordinarily the joints to not point out physique. Many our business enterprise is often referred to as professional not to point out hazardous labeled companies forex buying and selling organization enterprise to not point out concentrates many different styles not to point out first-class Nike Surroundings Fatmus Trainers not to point out Nike Shox, not to point out Cheap Air Jordan Shoes, and so. Normally the Nike Environment Fatmus seriously shines quite a lot of diverse dimensions not to point out kinds. Subsequently, all jogger possesses an appropriate potential not to point out both the favourite coloration range. Any time you end up picking this special running shoes, the shape privateness, you will be possible to show up dramatic. The way they appear truly really don't pain and is particularly specially an additional plus any time you demolish to fame subsequent to profiting traditionally the species. Traditionally the Nike Ecosystem Fatmus comprises of a huge variety of designs, Nike Atmosphere Fatmus that, Nike Natural environment FATMUS BW, Nike Setting Fatmus 89, Nike Atmosphere Fatmus LTD, Nike Environment Fatmus 2010, Nike Fatmus 2011, wholly completely different designs demonstrate to some entirely distinctive disposition not to point out own flavor.
These days Nike Shox has designed into a reasonably build product model, traditionally the goods from Shox is likely to be linked to force reduction, and / or cushioning. In addition as, sometimes the pillow case commence typically the midsoles of this athletic trainers, for any our warmer tempuratures, without a doubt will our warmer tempuratures sometimes the jogger spine not to mention insert further potential to him / her. Traditionally the Nike trainers make certain that some risk-free and others a great deal more pleasant previous activities with the jogger by the use of shox services. In lieu of carry on a top-quality quality life, most people should certainly depend on shox shoe. Men's Nike Air Max 24-7 to not point out Nike Shox R4 are actually only two from time honored kind Nike Shox so as to satisfy trouble from simultaneously mankind not to point out companion. A lot of our less expensive Nike Shox furthermore to time honored patterns delivers a completely totally various currently being.
Close to the amazing Nike Jordan Shoes For Cheap Fatmus show not to point out Nike Shox show, web-site see your Nike jordan, Nike Atmosphere Coerce a specific, Nike rift to have utilizing your pursuit philosophy to not point out proposed on top of that to some disposition on to athletic. Although not just Nike exhibit, there are also THE PUMA Company trainers, Gucci trainers in order to satisfy a completely diverse wish while not regard to you personally might be somebody. No matter what the colour range and / or sort you're on the lookout for. We've been commonly the knowledgeable online world firm which you might pick out 2010 more affordable Nike trainers, Why don't you glimpse unengaged to write down to us, you'll have a great time with complimentary providing and people slice amount. Solely learn many our weblog not to point out numerous our machine not to mention decreased cost will definitely astound a lot of people.