Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Starting and Doing Business in USA
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold
Default Be positive and creative in downturn...it is not the end of the world!

I just read about someone in San Fernando who killed his family and himself because he didn't have a job.

Please reach out to your friends in times of difficulty....the world is not going to end if you don't have a job OR if you there are delays in getting your GC..the world is a wonderful place and still full of opportunity - to add value, to help others etc...you may need to reach out to your friends for help to find your calling or the next opportunity....please don't be desperate....and please ask for help. we all have so many things to be happy and thankful for...

Cheers!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpositive View Post
I just read about someone in San Fernando who killed his family and himself because he didn't have a job.

Please reach out to your friends in times of difficulty....the world is not going to end if you don't have a job OR if you there are delays in getting your GC..the world is a wonderful place and still full of opportunity - to add value, to help others etc...you may need to reach out to your friends for help to find your calling or the next opportunity....please don't be desperate....and please ask for help. we all have so many things to be happy and thankful for...

Cheers!!
Well said... the economy will rebound as time progresses. Let us hope and pray it happens quickly.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
tammman has a spectacular aura about tammman has a spectacular aura about

I totally agree with you...recently I moved to CA and it took me close to 2 months before I had 3 offers...I can see it can be frustating, distracting but keep +ve and it will be rewaded.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammman View Post
I totally agree with you...recently I moved to CA and it took me close to 2 months before I had 3 offers...I can see it can be frustating, distracting but keep +ve and it will be rewaded.
Not sure what you mean by 2 months before I had 3 offers??

if you are talking about jobs, then all you need is one!!
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default stupid thread

this category is to deal with starting and doing business in USA... no place in the first place to cry and vent depression of your brain and your friends brains... though annoyed with it, i respect your post and respectfully ask you to take it elsewhere... i wont respond to flame from you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpositive View Post

Cheers!!
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wenxue is on a distinguished road

Totally agree.
Another night my wife was worried. I told her that I am still young . When the worst happens, I can still work in a Chinese restaurant, and put the food on the table for the kids.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wenxue is on a distinguished road

I see nothing wrong with this topic at this website. We had a lot of pressure on GC. The bad economy just made our life worse. We need some high spirit.

And the title clearly indicates that it is not about any specific immigration issue. People don't have to click when not interested.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default not website... just the category...

not website... just the category... thanks for your opinion...

also, title leaves the possibility that the content talks about a creative new business idea... or some creative twist in interpretation of law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenxue View Post
I see nothing wrong with this topic at this website. We had a lot of pressure on GC. The bad economy just made our life worse. We need some high spirit.

And the title clearly indicates that it is not about any specific immigration issue. People don't have to click when not interested.
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Last edited by chi_shark; 10-08-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Old 02-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcholder is on a distinguished road
Default GC holder worried about job - Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammman View Post
Recently I got laid off and I worried on how long it would take me to find a job, Here is my situation:-

* I have a green card
* Severance package I received is 7 months
* Skills - MS computer science, 6 years full time experience in financial industry. SQL server 2000, C# (mid level programmer), solid communication skills
* I live in New York, open to find a job in tri state area (or ideally would like to move to bay area)
* I have two kids, Wife is not working
* My salary expectations - 110k+

Any suggestions on how to get motivated ? Every where news is really bad and there are only few openings - what are best ways to explore the opening's ? please let me know your job search experience

Thanks

Last edited by gcholder; 02-21-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: more clarity

Old 02-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future arkrish68 has a brilliant future
Default Have hope.. God always opens one door when one is closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcholder View Post
Recently I got laid off and I worried on how long it would take me to find a job, Here is my situation:-

* I have a green card
* Severance package I received is 7 months
* Skills - MS computer science, 6 years full time experience in financial industry. SQL server 2000, C# (mid level programmer), solid communication skills
* I live in New York, open to find a job in tri state area (or ideally would like to move to bay area)
* I have two kids, Wife is not working
* My salary expectations - 110k+

Any suggestions on how to get motivated ? Every where news is really bad and there are only few openings - what are best ways to explore the opening's ? please let me know your job search experience

Thanks
Try to update your skills to the latest versions i.e SQL 2005 or SQL 2008. Try to find a job that gives a decent salary during this difficult economic times, don't have hight expected salary. I don't know your financial commitements just a suggestion. Try to contact few head hunters. Also try to join Linkedin and it is a good professional website. Some times I used to get calls through linkedin. If you are good at SQL Server you might even try as SQL developer and I think there are still few requirements in LA and southern california for sql developers. Try to upload your resume in monster, DICE or both. I am working as contractor since 2001 in USA and I always apply through Dice or Monster because my employer is not good in finding good projects as well as they won't always tell you the truth with regards to the billing rate. Always Have hope in life and this is just a temproary set back.

Receipts received from CSC and case transferred back to NSC

1485, AP, EAD - Receipts for self and spouse : Receipt Date 07/02/2007 Notice Date 08/24/2007

GC Approved on 9/22/2010 and received the physical card on 9/27/2010