Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Starting and Doing Business in USA
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default taxation and new year planning

hey guys, what are you doing for taxation and new year planning for your businesses? This is the first time i will be filing taxes with IRS for my new business... i plan to use turbotax and quickbooks - dont have much activity this year... just want to know how many others are also looking forward to it and what they are doing about it... i know that taxes are not due until mar 15...

i have a feeling that no one will reply... but lets see... :-)
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lord_labaku will become famous soon enough

ya i replied. I am sure no one is looking forward to paying taxes. Even those who make more than $1 million a year.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default well... in this case we would be looking forward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_labaku View Post
ya i replied. I am sure no one is looking forward to paying taxes. Even those who make more than $1 million a year.
o lord labaku... in this case, i am talking to those of us who have started up a company in recent times and are looking forward to offsetting their incomes by the company expenses and hence save on taxes...
have used AC21

Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

If you are independent contractor you can take some allowed expenses. If you are salaried employee you need to show loss for getting some benefit. Generally if you show loss for 3 years continously then IRS mostly deny on third year. In any case if you take too much expense you are inviting audit and that is going to be nightmare. I do not think it is a good idea to start a company just for expenses unless you are going to do business. Atleast you should be doing independent contracting(corp to Corp).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
o lord labaku... in this case, i am talking to those of us who have started up a company in recent times and are looking forward to offsetting their incomes by the company expenses and hence save on taxes...

Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Default please...

thanks! i do have business activities... and i am not worried about audits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
If you are independent contractor you can take some allowed expenses. If you are salaried employee you need to show loss for getting some benefit. Generally if you show loss for 3 years continously then IRS mostly deny on third year. In any case if you take too much expense you are inviting audit and that is going to be nightmare. I do not think it is a good idea to start a company just for expenses unless you are going to do business. Atleast you should be doing independent contracting(corp to Corp).
have used AC21

Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default quixtar??

hope you are not talking about quixtar/amway or reliv business?

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Default dont know quixstar and no not amway

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
hope you are not talking about quixtar/amway or reliv business?
sorry to disappoint you... i dont have quixtar or amway and none you guys can be potential customers unless you are business people who need marketing help in the specific industry that i am in... so - no - i am not going to throw you a sales pitch if you respond with your wisdom...
have used AC21

Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lord_labaku will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
sorry to disappoint you... i dont have quixtar or amway and none you guys can be potential customers unless you are business people who need marketing help in the specific industry that i am in... so - no - i am not going to throw you a sales pitch if you respond with your wisdom...
Hopefully your attitude is a little better towards actual potential customers, who are business people, who need marketing help in the specific industry that you are in.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Default hopefully you will not be personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_labaku View Post
Hopefully your attitude is a little better towards actual potential customers, who are business people, who need marketing help in the specific industry that you are in.
o lord! right back at you! thanks for your concern...
have used AC21

Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hoppi98565 is infamous around these parts Hoppi98565 is infamous around these parts Hoppi98565 is infamous around these parts Hoppi98565 is infamous around these parts Hoppi98565 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Unfortunately

"Yeah. And as you get older, your toys get more expensive. A new car, a boat and a big house to impress your friends," said rich dad with a smile. "Fear pushes you out the door, and desire calls to you. Enticing you toward the rocks. That's the trap.""So what's the answer," Mike asked."What intensifies fear and desire is ignorance. That is why rich people with lots of money often have more fear the richer they get. Money is the carrot, the illusion. If the donkey could see the whole picture, it might rethink its choice to chase the carrot.""So is there an answer?" asked Mike.dog clothing, "Yes," said rich dad. dog clothes wholesale "Learn to use your emotions to think, not think with your emotions. When you boys mastered your emotions, first by agreeing to work for free,dog apparel, I knew there was hope. When you again resisted your emotions when I tempted you with more money, pet clothes, you were again learning to think in spite of being emotionally charged. pet clothing, That's the first step.""Why is that step so important" I asked.Rich dad went on to explain that a human's life is a struggle between ignorance and illumination.He explained that once a person stops searching for information and knowledge of one's self, ignorance sets in. That struggle is a moment-to-moment decision-to learn to open or close one's mind."Look, school is very, very important. You go to school to learn a skill or profession so as to be a contributing member of society. Every culture needs teachers, doctors, mechanics, artists, cooks, business people, police officers, firefighters, soldiers. Schools train them so our culture can thrive and flourish," said rich dad. "Unfortunately, for many people, school is the end, not the beginning."There was a long silence. Rich dad was smiling. I did not comprehend everything he said that day. But as with most great teachers, whose words continue to teach for years, often long after they're gone, his words are still with me today.