Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Education in USA
Click to log in with Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CoffeeBean is on a distinguished road
Question Move to India for 6 months for the same Employer due to Personal reasons - on EAD

I have to move to India for Personal reasons for a period of 6 months. I'm on EAD and working for an Employer who is also in India.
My Employer says I can't work in India for the same company due to stringent corporate tax and reporting requirements. What does that mean? Being Indian citizen, my Employer doesn't have to sponser me Indian Visa to work there and they also have the staff who are in the same role as I am here in the US. Is it not possible/legal for the companies to stop my Employment here in US, hire me in India on a temporary basis and rehire me here after 6 months? It sounds complicated but is it something feasible/an option to ask for?

Also want to find out how that would affect my EAD status? Can I stay in India for 6 months while I'm on EAD?
Appreciate any advices.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future

I think its best you get a consult with a good attorney to get official answers to these questions.

Info from this forum might not be entirely accurate.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Closed Thread