Why should you do PMP training? The benefits are numerous. Becoming PMP trained and certified means youíll be...well, letís just say these are the top 10 tips of why you should take PMP training:-
1. It differentiates you against the competition. When employers are interviewing, the competition is often stiff and ongoing. If you have the certification, and the other person does not, you are at a definite advantage, I mean definite! The upper hand as some called it.
2. Plugs you into 2 new communities: one that is earning the certification, and one that has the certification. For example, if you are going for your PMP certification, you will immediately have something in common with other hopefuls, and this can provide networking opportunities through classes
3. Gives you confidence that you have "passed through the chairs."
4. Gives you tools to draw upon when needed.
5. While it is said that "experience is the greatest teacher," a certification "rounds you out."
6. You can be a better mentor.
7. Establishes you as a continuous learner. Employers are always looking for people who never want to stop learning.
8. Will enable you to make more money. Often, earning a certification, such as the PMP, can quickly lead to compensation increases of 20% and more.
9. Enables you to better evaluate the talents and skills of others.
10. Gets your foot in the door in the new area. Many career changers turn to certifications to get themselves into a new area.
In case you are thinking about taking your PMP training, you can find free practise PMP exam paper from Firebrand Training websites. Thatís the best one Iíve found so far.
I have googled about PMP, there is so much info and each contradicts the other. Who qualifies for to take PMP certification and are there any classes in the Gatorland - FL?
hi semigator, check your PM.
EB3 - India
I140 approved - march, 2006.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Calling Schedule A Professionals||tinamatthew||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||125||08-25-2010 12:22 AM|
|Schedule A Professionals||tinamatthew||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||1||07-21-2007 06:41 PM|
|HealthCare Professionals from Michigan||sertasheep||IV Agenda and Legislative Updates||1||06-09-2007 10:45 PM|
|60,000 IT professionals in US return home||WithoutGCAmigo||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||19||05-14-2007 08:53 PM|