Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Education in USA
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB-2 Eligibility

Hello Experts:

Does MS program with only 36 credits qualify in meeting the eligibility for EB-2 assuming that job requirement is = bachelor degree with 5+ years of experience or masters degree.

There are a lot of US Masters Programs available with only 36 credit requirements. So it would be interesting to know if those would help in meeting the eligibilities.

My problem is I have 3 years bachelors B. Com degree and only 1 year out of 2 years masters program M. Com. I have completed CA in India and CPA in USA and have over 15 years of experience. Currently I am working with a Big4 firm in a very good position. I am stuck in EB-3 and have consulted three lawyers and they all say that I would not qualify under EB-2 as I only have 3 years degree. My CA and CPA do not count as they don't consider them as degrees. (Ironically I am licensed as CPA in two states as they consider CA as a valid education...but USCIS is different) I know many people have got EB-2 with 3+1 years degrees in past and have got EB-2 with similar criteria but I was told by the lawyers that I would not qualify in current environment. USCIS is taking strict definition of US bachelor's degree (which is 4 years continuous degree) for EB-2 eligibility.

Please help.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please anyone?

Please anyone?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default No one?

No one?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute

Check with the University if they can accept you for MS based on your qualification( like 3 yesra Bachelor, M-COM 1 year, CA etc) , they also need 4 year bachelor. If they can accept, and if you do MS, then USCIS will accept.
In parallel do your education evaluation with some agency in USA. If they evaluate as Bachelor, then USCIS may accept as Bachelor. You can get few agency name in online search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO BE OR NO TO BE View Post
Hello Experts:

Does MS program with only 36 credits qualify in meeting the eligibility for EB-2 assuming that job requirement is = bachelor degree with 5+ years of experience or masters degree.

There are a lot of US Masters Programs available with only 36 credit requirements. So it would be interesting to know if those would help in meeting the eligibilities.

My problem is I have 3 years bachelors B. Com degree and only 1 year out of 2 years masters program M. Com. I have completed CA in India and CPA in USA and have over 15 years of experience. Currently I am working with a Big4 firm in a very good position. I am stuck in EB-3 and have consulted three lawyers and they all say that I would not qualify under EB-2 as I only have 3 years degree. My CA and CPA do not count as they don't consider them as degrees. (Ironically I am licensed as CPA in two states as they consider CA as a valid education...but USCIS is different) I know many people have got EB-2 with 3+1 years degrees in past and have got EB-2 with similar criteria but I was told by the lawyers that I would not qualify in current environment. USCIS is taking strict definition of US bachelor's degree (which is 4 years continuous degree) for EB-2 eligibility.

Please help.

Thank you

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default Thank you

Thank you Royu,

My understanding is that its not how the evaluating companies evaluate it. Recently USCIS is taking a very firm stand with its interpretation of bachelors degree as a full 4 years bachelors degree. They don't take combination of degrees to substitute that requirements. I have done paid consultation on this with the lawyers (Murthy's office, Rajiv Khann's office and one more attorney).

Old 08-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough
Default Question

So do you mean to say even a 3 (Yrs bachelor) + 2( Yrs masters) in the same field from India will not be considered even as a equivalent bachelor degree here?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default May be yes

May be yes, but you have to have 5 years post qualification experience and there is no purpose for me to wait that long, so my question here was around 3 years degree only. A three year degree plus one year of college is not sufficient to prove 4 years of education.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hope this helps

refer this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-declined.html (3 year degree + MBA, EB2 I140 declined)

easygoes says his CA was considered as 3+1 year degree.Also he recommends do evaluation from thedegreepeople.com (sheila)

Old 08-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CreatedToday is a glorious beacon of light CreatedToday is a glorious beacon of light CreatedToday is a glorious beacon of light CreatedToday is a glorious beacon of light CreatedToday is a glorious beacon of light
Default USCIS is not accepting Sheila's evaluation anymore!

Sheila Ki Jaadu worked only till 2008, not any more! Save your time and hope by not going to her, unless you want to make her richer by few thousands more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceguy View Post
refer this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-declined.html (3 year degree + MBA, EB2 I140 declined)

easygoes says his CA was considered as 3+1 year degree.Also he recommends do evaluation from thedegreepeople.com (sheila)

Old 08-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default Thank you

Thank you guys,

I know it was being accepted before, but now its difficult. As I noted in one of my posts above, I consulted the attorneys recently and they all said that its not possible now. It even came to my notice (by reading various forums) that if a person with Indian 3 years degree does masters from the US, USCIS is questioning that also as pre-requisite to do masters in the US is generally 4 years degree. So now we have to be careful.

I got answer to my initial questions about how many credits do I need to do for Masters and its anywhere from 36 to 60.

Thanks all.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kaja_4d is on a distinguished road
Default BS Accounting

Hi,

Check this online degree if you get exemptions from degree, CA and CPA.

Online Accounting Degree | Bachelor of Science in Accounting | WGU College of Business Online

If you have US degree, UCSIS can't question anything. This university is accrediated and works out cheaper, if you get exemptions from your qualifications.

better luck

Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stillhowlong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaja_4d View Post
Hi,

Check this online degree if you get exemptions from degree, CA and CPA.

Online Accounting Degree | Bachelor of Science in Accounting | WGU College of Business Online

If you have US degree, UCSIS can't question anything. This university is accrediated and works out cheaper, if you get exemptions from your qualifications.

better luck
Hi,

I also contacted Sheela Murthy recently regarding combination of degrees for EB2 category. According to her, if the second degree is based on first, then it should be accepted by USCIS. For example, B.Com and then M.Com or B.Com and then LLB. I am wondering why she gave two different answers.

Any comments please.

Thanks
StillHowLong

Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of
Default Eb2 / eb3

Can you please make it little more clearer?

Does it mean, if M.Com/MSc/MCA after BCom/BSc (3 year Indian degree) is eligible for EB2, then BCom/Bsc is equivalent to US Bachelors degree?

Now, 3 year degree is not eligible even for EB3, if the job requirement is a Bachelors degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillhowlong View Post
Hi,

I also contacted Sheela Murthy recently regarding combination of degrees for EB2 category. According to her, if the second degree is based on first, then it should be accepted by USCIS. For example, B.Com and then M.Com or B.Com and then LLB. I am wondering why she gave two different answers.

Any comments please.

Thanks
StillHowLong

Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
unluckyeb3 is infamous around these parts unluckyeb3 is infamous around these parts
Default EB2 or EB3 ??

I have a friend of mine, who is planning to file for EB2...his job profile requirement is US Equivalent bachelors degree with 5 yrs of progressive experience. He has Masters from Indian university(Msc (Comp) and Bsc (comp)) and has 6 Yrs of Progressive experience. He is concern ab't his 3+2 degree equivalent to US bachelors. He is getting his education evaluated as equivalent to US bachelors.

Does it make sense to go for EB2 or will USCIS reject it based on Indian 3 yr Bsc degree is not equivalent to 4 yr US Bachelors. Will they consider looking at his Masters at all?