Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Education in USA
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sonia.valdez is on a distinguished road
Default Visa stamping on F1 Visa

Hi All

I am a student in 2nd Sem ITU(International Technological University) in San Jose.
I have transferred my visa from H4 to F1 and started studying as well as working on part time CPT. In Aug I am planning to visit India as my brother is getting married. Whats are the chances I may get through the visa stamping? Is there anyone who has actually got a stamping (ITU Students) in current years(2011-2012)? ITU is going for WASC accreditation this October and college associated mentioned that it has a high chance that they will get that. If it will be accredited, will my chances become stronger?
Thanks for all your help.

--

Sonia
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Can anyone pls reply...I need help with the above mentioned post

Can anyone pls reply...I need help with the above mentioned post

Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pankgarg is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I strongly advice you against going outside the country while on F1 visa that you got after transfer from h4. On Visa stamping, they may ask you why you required F1 visa, if you could study on H4 visa. Same happened to a close relative of mine and finally she had to come back on H4 visa. But if you are okay with returning on H4 visa, then there is no problem.

Having said that, i also know a person who could successfully come back without any problem. But it's a risk and all depends on how much risk you can take.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of abheja has much to be proud of

If you already have a valid H4 visa, can you not use it to re-enter? Why need an F1 visa for reentry?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia.valdez View Post
Hi All

I am a student in 2nd Sem ITU(International Technological University) in San Jose.
I have transferred my visa from H4 to F1 and started studying as well as working on part time CPT. In Aug I am planning to visit India as my brother is getting married. Whats are the chances I may get through the visa stamping? Is there anyone who has actually got a stamping (ITU Students) in current years(2011-2012)? ITU is going for WASC accreditation this October and college associated mentioned that it has a high chance that they will get that. If it will be accredited, will my chances become stronger?
Thanks for all your help.

--

Sonia
Sonia,
If you have some courses/ credits remaining, you should not have any problem getting visa stamped. Its safe to get it stamped in between the masters and not at the end of it.

Why F1? - well you can not take advantage of RA/ TA and practical training such as internships. Its a simple answer and they know it. DO NOT USE words such as on H4 you are not allowed to work part time and support your masters etc. Always stress on, how important research work / assistant ship is to enhance your knowledge and give you solid academic experience.

The risk is when all your courses (courses not thesis / project) are done and still you want your F1 stamped for reason of OPT. Even if you are working on thesis that doesn't count as courses many times. The reason is F1 is non-immigrant intent visa and you are supposed to go back after you finish with studies. Its THE stupidest logic ever especially because they do allow you to file for H1b later which is an Immigrant intent visa. But DO NOT mention any thing about getting H1B etc.

I hope it helps!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs up Thanks all

Thanks all. These information's are very helpful. I will update you whenever I go for a stamping

Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srisrisri is on a distinguished road
Default want to know

Hi Sonia,

Just wanted to check if you had luck with ITU.
I did one sem with ITU on H4 and took a break in USA because of pregnency. Now I want to start M.S again and convert to F1 to get CPT. Also have plans to go India this November.
I do not want to change the status in USA ,instead I am thinking to go to India with all the documents from ITU ( I -20, GRE score and Toefl score) and attend for stamping in India.Do you think it is good idea? or do you think Please reply me. Thanks