Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Education in USA
Click to log in with Facebook
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
I140 Mailed Date
Processing Stage
I485 Mailed Date
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
PriyaSol is on a distinguished road
Default H1 to F1

Im on H1-b visa (living in US for 3.7 yrs - working for 2.8 yrs). I may need to take a break for a while, will be on h4 if I quit my job. During my break I would like to do masters. Im confused whether to do masters on h4 or f1.

My questions is

1.Whether I will be eligible for in-state tuition fee on F1 (I live in the same state for 3.7 yrs my job requires more travel I use to travel back and forth mon-thurs I have stayed in different locations but never lived there no relocation)

2.I wanted to continue my job after my break whether I can utilize my current H1b and get cap exemption (1.7 yrs on H1b Still have 4.3 yrs for 6yrs total)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.