Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
googlegc is on a distinguished road
Default Incorrect information in approved AP document, what are my options?

Hello,

I applied for my AP in mid of November and got it approved on Jan 8th. I booked my flight tickets for myself and my family to go India on 27th of Jan(we are going to India for an emergency and I've medical documents from India). I received the approved AP document in mail for my wife and myself today and noticed that the date of issue was marked as Jan 8th 1990 instead of Jan 8th 2010. But the expiry is marked as Jan 7th 2011 which is the correct one. I called USCIS and asked them what are my options, I was told to send back the originals of my wife's and myself along with 2 passports photographs of each and they will send a correct document again. I explained them that I do not have time (with long weekend on Monday-MLK day), but they said there is no other option. I asked if it is ok to travel with this document, I was told that since the document contains incorrect information, the document is considered to invalid and the CBP won't let me in to the country. I went to local USCIS office at 3pm today, I was told that the officers are getting ready to leave and also they mentioned they can't let me in without an appointment unless otherwise there is an emergency and according to them, this situation is not an emergency situation. I asked if I can come back on Tuesday morning, they said again without an appointment we wont let you in.

I have 6 business days from Tuesday. I am planning to go local USCIS office again on Tuesday morning.

What are my options to get this fixed before I leave?

I would appreciate if any attorney or anybody went thru similar situation can help me out here.

-Googlegc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Any thoughts? anyone?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice

The following was just posted on AILA's website:

AILA Liaison has become aware of a glitch in the issuance of Advance Parole Documents during the first part of January 2010. The date of issuance on the documents is noted as January 1990 instead of 2010. USCIS has identified all of the cases in which the wrong date was issued, and will issue revised forms as soon as the software issue is corrected. No further action will be necessary to receive a corrected document.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Thankyou for your reply.

As I mentioned earlier, I've to travel to India next week.

What if I dont receive the updated document before I leave? Is it safe to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruben@srrlaw.us View Post
The following was just posted on AILA's website:

AILA Liaison has become aware of a glitch in the issuance of Advance Parole Documents during the first part of January 2010. The date of issuance on the documents is noted as January 1990 instead of 2010. USCIS has identified all of the cases in which the wrong date was issued, and will issue revised forms as soon as the software issue is corrected. No further action will be necessary to receive a corrected document.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice Ann Ruben is just really nice

yes, it is safe to travel.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rak75 is on a distinguished road

I am in the same situation, and traveling next week. How long USCIS will take to resolve this issue? I have also called their Customer service center and requested an escalated SR with them regarding this. Will this help?

Please point us to any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Default Try local USCIS office

Here is what I did.

I went to local USCIS office and explained my situation and showed the medical certificate explaining my father-in-law medical condition and confirmed flight tickets for my family and myself. They took 4 hours and gave me a new AP with the dates corrected and they said that they usually dont do this for regular cases, usually only for death situation. I guess I was fortunate enough to get this.

I took 2 photographs and they asked for 2 more photographs, so I came out took pictures and went back in. Also they checked my wife's birth certificate as well, as my father-in-law is sick back home.

Try your luck.

Good luck.

-Googlegc.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.