Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Immigrant Visa (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/)
-   -   Eb3-Eb2, Perm Approved for EB2, name misplled (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1221501-eb3-eb2-perm-approved-for-eb2-name-misplled.html)

beautifulMind 02-25-2010 11:43 AM

Eb3-Eb2, Perm Approved for EB2, name misplled

My Perm application for EB2 (same company different position) got certfied today. I am working on EAD from my previous EB3 application.

I have a question though. I just saw that the new PERM application has my last name misppled. It is a very small typo with an extra letter at the end of the last name. Will this cause any issues with I-140?

My employer filed Eb2 without a lawyer and I am looking for a lawyear for I140 process who can also help with the EB3-EB2 porting. Any lawyer on this forums that can help out?

kk_kk 02-25-2010 11:56 AM

Hi Beautiful Mind.

Congratulations on the certification.

Sorry that I am hijacking your question. But can you tell me how much time did it take for the complete PERM processing from start to fnish. i.e. when your employer decided to go ahead with PERM to certification.

Thanks in advance for your help.

beautifulMind 02-25-2010 12:46 PM

I applied around end of may 2009 and got the certfied email today so roughly about 9 months. You can visit and check out how long it is taking. My perm was applied at Atlanta. Also, the recruitment process started around the end of nov 2008

kk_kk 02-25-2010 01:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. So, it took about 6 months for the recruitment efforts before the PERM could be filed. Is it is the normal time frame for recruitment process ?

Thanks

beautifulMind 02-25-2010 02:32 PM

We were done with the recruitment process in 2 months. Employer was just lazy to file for perm and waited just before the 6 month deadline

martinvisalaw 02-25-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifulMind (Post 1573982)
I have a question though. I just saw that the new PERM application has my last name misppled. It is a very small typo with an extra letter at the end of the last name. Will this cause any issues with I-140?

A minor typo like this should not cause any problems. It would be very easy to explain the mistake to CIS and show that you were really the beneficiary.

Quote:

My employer filed Eb2 without a lawyer and I am looking for a lawyear for I140 process who can also help with the EB3-EB2 porting. Any lawyer on this forums that can help out?
I've done this and would be happy to help.

lvinaykumar 02-26-2010 10:31 AM

I applied under EB3 and also got my I-140 cleared. I was under assumption that we cannot apply EB2 from the same company. I have been working for the same company for last 3 years but my i have had considerable change in my position and also doing my management program in Northwestern. Can i apply for PERM in EB2 without change in company?

Is any layer is experienced in this kind of scenario?

martinvisalaw 02-26-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvinaykumar (Post 1581528)
Can i apply for PERM in EB2 without change in company? Is any lawyer is experienced in this kind of scenario?

You can do this, it's very common. I've done it.