Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Immigrant Visa (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/)
-   -   My PD is Mar 6th, but Next Bulletine is Mar 1st... Any Hopes under VISA GROUPING? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1598848-my-pd-is-mar-6th-but-next-bulletine-is-mar-1st-any-hopes-under-visa-grouping.html)

jainGC 07-13-2010 04:10 PM

My PD is Mar 6th, but Next Bulletine is Mar 1st... Any Hopes under VISA GROUPING?

Hi All

I am not sure how VISA Grants (GC Approvals) works, but My PD is Mar 6th, as per today's bulletin update its 1st MAR?

As per the Operation of the Numerical Control Process (PDF) at Visa Bulletin with Grouping Logic my dates should be correct.

The information reads as -- The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.) --

Do I have any hopes?:)

Any help is appreciated...

sammas 07-13-2010 04:13 PM

JainGC,

What exactly is your question about? Are you asking whether you are current from next month as per August bulletin or how soon you will be current?

jainGC 07-13-2010 04:16 PM

I am asking will I be current next month ? If not current than any expectation of moving this next month?

sammas 07-13-2010 04:19 PM

My guess is that you will be current with Sep 2010 bulletin. Good Luck!

Note : I am not an attorney so please make sure to take legal advice

jainGC 07-13-2010 04:28 PM

Dear Lawyers...

Any insights?

ZigZag 07-13-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jainGC (Post 1968712)
Hi All

I am not sure how VISA Grants (GC Approvals) works, but My PD is Mar 6th, as per today's bulletin update its 1st MAR?

As per the Operation of the Numerical Control Process (PDF) at Visa Bulletin with Grouping Logic my dates should be correct.

The information reads as -- The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.) --

Do I have any hopes?:)

Any help is appreciated...

Theoretically, you should be considered as Current in August and expect to be approved as per the logic you have mentioned, which I have referred in another posting of mine. However, many people think otherwise as you can see from notes by various postings here. Therefore, if you happen to get GC in August, let everyone know so that we will at least know what the USCIS/DOS practice is. USCIS practice is often wrong which we all know. They can approve someone who is not even current, whereas others will be waiting with all clearances and current dates. So, keep your fingers crossed and pray that they do it right.

jainGC 07-13-2010 04:59 PM

VISA GROUPING: My PD is Mar 6th, but Next Bulletine is Mar 1st... Any Hopes

Hi ZigZag and sammas

Thanks for the information. I will keep you all updated.

Lawyers : Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

shreekhand 07-13-2010 05:41 PM

jainGC,

Your PD is NOT current for per the Aug 2010 visa bulletin. Accept this fact.

I am not a lawyer but I do comprehend English and the grouping logic. How the VO groups the visa numbers on the 1, 8 etc. is totally unrelated to the fact that only all PD's prior to the published date are current. Is that clear ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jainGC (Post 1968777)
Hi ZigZag and sammas

Thanks for the information. I will keep you all updated.

Lawyers : Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

dealsnet 07-13-2010 05:48 PM

Pd

If your PD is current doesn't mean you get the approval in that month. Only a chance. At least your PD must be current for 3 months, you will get GC (90% chance).
When people start calling from the first month, they don't entertain it. If your PD is current more than 1 month, you have a valid point to complain.

gimmeacard 07-13-2010 06:59 PM

just spoke to our firms Immigration lawyer, per them, we will see more movement in Aug Bulletin and in Sept Bulletin we will see Retrogression back to May/aug 2005 for EB2

reasoning was Oct # would be released so they r trying to capture as many # as they can

I am april 2006 and it seems it will be a 1 yr wait for me now.