Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
masterfender is infamous around these parts masterfender is infamous around these parts
Default I485 RFE Out of nowhere?

Hi guys,

Some of may think "Wait for the actual letter to come" but I feel too nervous and just want to share my thoughts. I applied for EB5 and my I526 was approved. Then I applied adjustment of status and got an I485 RFE. Have not got the letter yet but got the email that my case is on hold right now. Can you tell me about the RFE? Is that common? Is that the first step of denial? I'm so nervous right now. I will write what they are asking when I got the letter which I'm expecting on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you very much.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
popoye has a spectacular aura about popoye has a spectacular aura about

receiving RFE during 485 stage has become more of a common thing. Dont worry about it. Once you get the letter, prepare a response with the right evidence with the help of the attorney, and you should be fine.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
masterfender is infamous around these parts masterfender is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popoye View Post
receiving RFE during 485 stage has become more of a common thing. Dont worry about it. Once you get the letter, prepare a response with the right evidence with the help of the attorney, and you should be fine.
Thank you very much. I'm just too nervous about this. I want to get it over with this. Thank you for your positive supports.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Saburi has a spectacular aura about Saburi has a spectacular aura about Saburi has a spectacular aura about
Default Rfe

Hello Freinds.

After a long wait of 8 years today i got an RFE i don't know what the RFE is all about and will be waiting to get the letter in the mail, do you know how much time does it takes for the paper RFE to come to your lawyer.

RFE was issued today but unlike the email which i got says the status on hold, thats strange

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

is this normal or is this is an indication of something wrong and bad.

Please do advice gurus

Best Regards

Saburi

Saburi

Labor Applied in Dec 06 2001
I 140 Approved on Sep 06 2006
I 485 Applied on July 5th 2007, Too Early to say any thing, still waiting.
EAD Applied on July 5th 2007 , Sep 13th 2007 Card Ordered

Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
chalamurariusa can only hope to improve

Sorry to be posting on this thread I am new to this and I genuinely tried to look to post a new thread but in vain.
We applied for our GC in aug 2007. Recd a RFE for I 693 Skin test for TB on april 16th 2009. We still hv to reply to the RFE.My elder son is over 21 and is on AOS and today on the online status we saw a message.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On April 22, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

He too had recd the RFE for TB skin test. We are really worried as to what cld this mean. Has anyone ever recd a message like this. Please someone advise as to what it cld be

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare

I was hoping some one will be able to tell us something abt it but seems as no one has recd. a mail like that from USCIS.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalamurariusa View Post
I was hoping some one will be able to tell us something abt it but seems as no one has recd. a mail like that from USCIS.
hey iam not sure what would be the RFE is about, i dont see a GC coming since ur PD is 05 and its not current. please wait until u get the RFE and post ur message again...cant fathom what the rfe is about as u arleady got one for TB test...it might be for somethinig else too..just wait ad see

Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare

Thanks . I will surely update when we hear from USCIS

Old 04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Received the RFE today. It was asking for my birth certificate copy & translation. My lawyer says this is very common. For me this is stupid, they already got my birth certificate copy and the translation.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Pardon them for the ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterfender View Post
Received the RFE today. It was asking for my birth certificate copy & translation. My lawyer says this is very common. For me this is stupid, they already got my birth certificate copy and the translation.
Just make sure you covered all the bases and reply to them. It might not hurt to include another copy of your birth certificate and translation just for the heck of it along with your explanation who knows may be the earlier one got misplaced or messed up

- cheers
kris
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default Did you recieve RFE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saburi View Post
Hello Freinds.

After a long wait of 8 years today i got an RFE i don't know what the RFE is all about and will be waiting to get the letter in the mail, do you know how much time does it takes for the paper RFE to come to your lawyer.

RFE was issued today but unlike the email which i got says the status on hold, thats strange

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

is this normal or is this is an indication of something wrong and bad.

Please do advice gurus

Best Regards

Saburi
Saburi,
Did you recieve your RFE?. Please share the details so that we can have an idea of what types of RFEs are coming from USCIS.