Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
seeking_GC will become famous soon enough
Default Approved I140 withdrawn

Here are the details of my case :

I applied for my GC through employer A

Labor applied : Aug 2005 (EB2 India )
I-140 approved : May 2006
I-485 applied : July 2007

Switched employers using AC21 on April 2008. I did not send any notification or letter to USCIS saying I had taken advantage of AC21 portability rules. I am working in the same position/same responsibilities as I was with employer A

Now my previous employer has sent a notice to withdraw my approved I-140( I came to know of it via online update from USCIS website) . I have read the Aytes memos regarding portability rules and I understand that, theoretically, there should be no impact to my I-485 application

However I would like to know, in your experience, how the USCIS deals with such situations. Do they issue a RFE or NOID and if so, what pre-emptive action can I take to ensure that there is no adverse impact to my 485 app. I dont have H1B anymore and both me and my wife are working on EAD.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2009, 03:06 PM
US Immigration Attorney
Law Offices of Prashanthi Reddy
42 West 38th Street Suite 1104
New York, New York-10018
http://www.reddyesq.com
Thank the Attorney if this post is helpful
Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking_GC View Post
Here are the details of my case :

I applied for my GC through employer A

Labor applied : Aug 2005 (EB2 India )
I-140 approved : May 2006
I-485 applied : July 2007

Switched employers using AC21 on April 2008. I did not send any notification or letter to USCIS saying I had taken advantage of AC21 portability rules. I am working in the same position/same responsibilities as I was with employer A

Now my previous employer has sent a notice to withdraw my approved I-140( I came to know of it via online update from USCIS website) . I have read the Aytes memos regarding portability rules and I understand that, theoretically, there should be no impact to my I-485 application

However I would like to know, in your experience, how the USCIS deals with such situations. Do they issue a RFE or NOID and if so, what pre-emptive action can I take to ensure that there is no adverse impact to my 485 app. I dont have H1B anymore and both me and my wife are working on EAD.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
You might receive a NOID, or RFE or denial, in either case you have to make sure your receive this document on time and that you respond with the AC-21 paperwork on time. Even if you send the AC-21 documentation now they will most probably send a NOID, Denial or RFE anyway, the documents that you sent, may not find their way into your file. The key is to keep you address updated online and by calling USCIS.
Bookmark and Share   Reply With Quote  
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
patiently_waiting is on a distinguished road

Hi seeking_GC

How do we check the I-140 was withdrawn ?

Is there any website in USCIS for checking the active/revoked status of I-140 ?

Thanks.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

Register above and enter your I-140 receipt number and you can check the status.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanthi View Post
You might receive a NOID, or RFE or denial, in either case you have to make sure your receive this document on time and that you respond with the AC-21 paperwork on time. Even if you send the AC-21 documentation now they will most probably send a NOID, Denial or RFE anyway, the documents that you sent, may not find their way into your file. The key is to keep you address updated online and by calling USCIS.
Thanks Prashanthi for your guidance.

Do you reccommend sending AC21 documentation to USCIS now or later when I get the RFE? Also typically what documentation is required for sending AC21?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
hasil is a jewel in the rough hasil is a jewel in the rough hasil is a jewel in the rough
Default Ac21

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking_GC View Post
Thanks Prashanthi for your guidance.

Do you reccommend sending AC21 ....
This should help. AC21 Portablity - & Everything About it ..
4. You didn't notice that i skipped 3.
5. You're checking it now.
6. You're smiling.
7. You're still reading my post.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
11. You're checking it now.
12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts