|Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Change in position from s/w engr to Senior S/w engr and other issues
I have the following situation, any help/pointers is much appreciated:
- Have EAD (expired Sep 2010). H1B expires Dec 20, 2009.
- I was informed sometime back that I am going to be laid off mid September (next week)
- I am expecting another job offer (interview went well and most likely will get the job) and plan to start at that job late September / eraly October 2009.
- The new offer that I am expecting to get is for the position of Senior Software Engineer, whereas my previous position (where I will be laid off from) was Software Engineer.
So, my questions are:
1. Is it still possible to transfer my H1B visa even though I expect a gap of atleast 2 weeks between the two jobs, or is it better to switch over to the EAD?
2. Will it be a problem for my pending 485 application if my position changes to Senior Software Engr? (although the responsibilities in both positions are about 95% similar, few more responsibilities as a Senior Eng, thats all)
3. If I end up changing over to EAD, what next steps should I do (wrt keeping my 485 applicationb alive and to inform USCIS that I have switched over to EAD).
4. A few months before I got the notice of layoff, I got engaged to a woman in India. I would have preferred to get married by end of the year (would have applied for 1yr extension of H1b) so that my wife could have come over on H4 visa. Now, if I switch over to EAD, what are the options of bringing my (to be) wife over? Is this going to be a problem?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|position change/promotion during pending I485||greencardfever5||Immigrant Visa||7||08-25-2009 05:18 PM|
|Change in Position/Title while GC Pending||Dearborn Desi||All other Green Card Issues||13||03-01-2009 03:39 PM|
|AC21 Portability - Change of Job Title from Senior Programmer Analyst to Sr QA Anal||bpadala||AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing||23||07-17-2008 01:41 AM|
|AC21 and Current Position vs Future Position||mhtanim||AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing||4||11-29-2007 02:06 PM|
|Issues in employer change using AC21||whattodo||AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing||46||07-30-2007 03:07 AM|