Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Employer Harrasing

Thank you for responses guys.

Last edited by RomeovilleGirl; 10-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Sorry to hear, please report the employer to DOL for unfair employment practices. IMHO, you should have protested (legally) to start with such an unfair employment contract without benefits and with lower salary.

PS: Please do not generalize your experience as 'most of us'. It is very important to highlight the fraud, but at the same time, it is equally important to acknowledge that 'most of us' do not suffer from these unethical oddball employers.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts
Default No worries

I dont understand why you are afraid of your employer even after you got your GC, tell him to shut the f*** up and go join the new company and ur employer has no way other than to pay the money he owes you for every hour you worked.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

If you're an anti - Too much focus on "Indian" and "Lower Wages". Good try.

IF you're not an anti - You worked for lower wages. You harrassed yourself. What are you complaining about. Now that you have got your GC, you realize you're being harrassed....ROFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeovilleGirl View Post
Hi There-

I got my green card Eb2-INDIA about two months ago.My case is straight forward working for Indian consultancy company for about six years now. I have been working with client company that has offered me the full time job and I really want to take it. Like most of us in the same situation I have been working with lower wages,no benefits and no promotions. I have about 10 years of US software development experience and still I am being employed as Jr developer.

When I told my Indian employer that I want to join the client , he became very rude and give me threats that he will have to notify INS/USCIS and threatening with some other things. I will still have about 4 months of salary to be taken from him when I start full time.
I have been very calm and told him that since I still have to get paid for next 4 months. He can still keep me on his payroll that way on paper I will have completed six months with him . Which I really do not want to do and leave at this very moment.

I want lawyer's opinion in what is the consequences if I just leave plain like that. I have already signed offer letter with my full time offer. Is it legit to be on the Indian payroll for about 4 months once I start full time next month.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Romeovillegirl

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aranya has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Let us see:

You were Ok working for "lower wages, no beneifts and no promotions" for about six years now.

You are surprised that your employer does not treat you with respect and courtesy.

You worked for atleast four months without pay. It seems that when you applied for your greencard (or atleast I-485) you had no intention working for your employer on a permanent/long term basis. You did not have any intention of working for you employer on a permanent/long term basis when you recieved the card two months ago. Today you do not have any intention of working for your employer on a permanent/long term basis yet you are willing to work with your employer to "still keep (you) on his payroll that way on paper (you) will have completed six months with him."

You want to know if it is "legit".

Interesting ... very interesting.

Quote:
Hi There-

I got my green card Eb2-INDIA about two months ago.My case is straight forward working for Indian consultancy company for about six years now. I have been working with client company that has offered me the full time job and I really want to take it. Like most of us in the same situation I have been working with lower wages,no benefits and no promotions. I have about 10 years of US software development experience and still I am being employed as Jr developer.

When I told my Indian employer that I want to join the client , he became very rude and give me threats that he will have to notify INS/USCIS and threatening with some other things. I will still have about 4 months of salary to be taken from him when I start full time.
I have been very calm and told him that since I still have to get paid for next 4 months. He can still keep me on his payroll that way on paper I will have completed six months with him . Which I really do not want to do and leave at this very moment.

I want lawyer's opinion in what is the consequences if I just leave plain like that. I have already signed offer letter with my full time offer. Is it legit to be on the Indian payroll for about 4 months once I start full time next month.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Romeovillegirl

Last edited by aranya; 10-22-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts RomeovilleGirl is infamous around these parts
Default I am not affraid nor I am complaining

Guys-

Thanks for your responses. I am not afraid of my Indian employer- I just want to check with lawyer if he can do something now that I am going to join new full time employment. After waiting for this many years of green card wouldn't one want to check legal opinion of Lawyer.I have not heard of single case being revoked based on similar cases like mine.. I have already signed the offer letter and I am joining my new company

Another thing what I meant by like 'most of us' meaning in the same situation that I was before getting green card-Lower salaries, companies taking big chunk of your hard earned contract money and treating employees as slaves.

Is any lawyer out there to give me some advise please.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Thread starter's only purpose is to highlight "Indian company", "lower wages" and "harrasment". Good try. But most people here are legit and discuss immigration related backlogs.

Now that you have got your GC thru illegal means - now you're coming here to "PROJECT how indians companies work". Wonderful. Go girl.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow I dis agree...

"Another thing what I meant by like 'most of us' meaning in the same situation that I was before getting green card-Lower salaries, companies taking big chunk of your hard earned contract money and treating employees as slaves."

NO, Companies DO NOT PAY lower salaries,NOT supposed to pay low salaries and take big chunks of your paychecks. Either you have been DUPED for 6 years or have really downplayed yourself for so long to get the GC anyhow.

DO NOT Generalize with 'Most of us', you always had the option to find a new employer and switch your H1B. Agreed, that you have to fore-go the old GC application. But, you "Chose" to stay with that harassing employer for 6 years.

You can still report and I think you should report to DOL about your employer. Your GC will not be affected by such actions.

Quote:
Guys-

Thanks for your responses. I am not afraid of my Indian employer- I just want to check with lawyer if he can do something now that I am going to join new full time employment. After waiting for this many years of green card wouldn't one want to check legal opinion of Lawyer.I have not heard of single case being revoked based on similar cases like mine.. I have already signed the offer letter and I am joining my new company

Another thing what I meant by like 'most of us' meaning in the same situation that I was before getting green card-Lower salaries, companies taking big chunk of your hard earned contract money and treating employees as slaves.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow I disagree...

"Another thing what I meant by like 'most of us' meaning in the same situation that I was before getting green card-Lower salaries, companies taking big chunk of your hard earned contract money and treating employees as slaves."

NO, Companies DO NOT PAY lower salaries,NOT supposed to pay low salaries and take big chunks of your paychecks. Either you have been DUPED for 6 years or have really downplayed yourself for so long to get the GC anyhow.

DO NOT Generalize with 'Most of us', you always had the option to find a new employer and switch your H1B. Agreed, that you have to fore-go the old GC application. But, you "Chose" to stay with that harassing employer for 6 years.

You can still report and I think you should report to DOL about your employer. Your GC will not be affected by such actions.

Quote:
Guys-

Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts krithi is infamous around these parts
Default sux

Quote:
Guys-

How can you be so dumb? i dont get it did you really work 6 yrs for consulting company? its funny you ask for lawyers advice on free forum why would any lawyer give you a free advice? if you are so worried pay the free money to some lawyer who doesnt know s**t about ur questions.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello,

Once again, you are an outlier than a general example of H1-B. Most of the H1-Bs have following characteristics:

a) Highly skilled in their area of work
b) Paid at least equal to prevailing market wage (and in most cases, significantly higher)
c) Are not scammed by their employers

Please file a legitimate complaint with DOL as soon as possible, if you are real...